Khris Middleton Thread

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 25,840

Re: All Star Khris Middleton Thread 

Post#781 » by paulpressey25 » Wed Sep 9, 2020 3:31 am

Last year the team could have renounced Middleton’s rights and signed Bojan and matched Brogdon to the contracts they received.

Will still go to the mat believing that team wouldn’t have been any worse than what we had this year, maybe better. And heading into this offseason, I’d much rather be a GM having on my books 3/$60 for Malcolm and 3/$55 for Bojan than 4/$140 for Middleton.

Thankfully though, Middleton had a good enough season that maybe, just maybe, some team would give you positive or neutral value back. Figure out how to get Chris Paul and Gallo (S&T) for Midds in some trade variation and move on.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
MissKhriddleton
Analyst
And1: 2,980

Post#782 » by MissKhriddleton » Wed Sep 9, 2020 4:01 am

paulpressey25 wrote:Thankfully though, Middleton had a good enough season that maybe, just maybe, some team would give you positive or neutral value back.

Yeah now's the time. Going to be too late next offseason.

He'll be 30 this time next year with 3 years left on his deal. No contending team can afford to take on $35, $38, and $40 million for a 3rd/4th banana. No rebuilding team is going to take on that salary for a guy at that age to help you chase the 8th seed. Have to hope the statistics and all star appearances convince a middling team that he's the guy to put them "over the top."
Brewhoopfan
Sixth Man
And1: 1,895

Post#783 » by Brewhoopfan » Wed Sep 9, 2020 4:25 am

Until the offense changes, Khris and the rest of the Bucks are going to disappoint in the playoffs. You can't just roll the ball out to your best players in the playoffs and expect them to perform at a high level. Team and individual defenses are just too good. Quality of shots and performance goes down. The scheme and offense needs to create at least a few open shots to take some of the pressure off. Bud simply refuses to do it.

If I'm an opposing GM, I see what Midds did this year and think: Imagine the efficiency for Khris if he didn't have to create nearly every shot for himself.
Coach Carter
General Manager
And1: 6,261

Post#784 » by Coach Carter » Wed Sep 9, 2020 4:51 am

Respect to khris, he was our best player in this series. Shame you have to move him to have any chance of building a contender. We should've moved him for butler when that move was on the table.

Giannis
Butler
Brogdon

title?
In reference to our title winning year
Coach Carter wrote:This year is a wash and most of us know it.
ejn1214
Pro Prospect
And1: 678

Post#785 » by ejn1214 » Wed Sep 9, 2020 5:29 am

Coach Carter wrote:Respect to khris, he was our best player in this series. Shame you have to move him to have any chance of building a contender. We should've moved him for butler when that move was on the table.

Giannis
Butler
Brogdon

title?

So we go from a great shooter to a poor shooter? The butler love was overblown. He had one good game in the series and was a non factor in 3 of them. I'm all for making changes but that isn't the answer.
Serge28
RealGM
And1: 1,704

Post#786 » by Serge28 » Wed Sep 9, 2020 6:13 am

paulpressey25 wrote:Last year the team could have renounced Middleton’s rights and signed Bojan and matched Brogdon to the contracts they received.

Will still go to the mat believing that team wouldn’t have been any worse than what we had this year, maybe better. And heading into this offseason, I’d much rather be a GM having on my books 3/$60 for Malcolm and 3/$55 for Bojan than 4/$140 for Middleton.

Thankfully though, Middleton had a good enough season that maybe, just maybe, some team would give you positive or neutral value back. Figure out how to get Chris Paul and Gallo (S&T) for Midds in some trade variation and move on.

I remember the last time we traded an All Star for a 35 year old point guard. It's not quite the same, I know, but still. No, thank you.
JimmyTheKid
General Manager
And1: 5,099

Post#787 » by JimmyTheKid » Wed Sep 9, 2020 1:30 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:Last year the team could have renounced Middleton’s rights and signed Bojan and matched Brogdon to the contracts they received.

Whats sad is this was the line of thinking for so many of us immediately after the signing. Not excitement that we successfully locked up a key piece for a championship run, only hope that he'd perform well enough to maybe, just maybe, have a couple of suitors at that price tag.

Botch job.
EastSideBucksFan
RealGM
And1: 4,490

Post#788 » by EastSideBucksFan » Wed Sep 9, 2020 1:52 pm

Unless you have a separate deal lined up for Bledsoe for Beal or Oladipo, I think trading Mids for Paul makes us worse.

Trading Bleds/package for CP3 and pairing him with Giannis and Middleton is a better team and 2 year window than we have right now.

Real problem is the Bledsoe/Brogdon debate is being framed as either/or when Bucks could've easily kept both and still paid Middleton.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#789 » by Ruzious » Wed Sep 9, 2020 1:56 pm

You're probably right, but I don't see them seriously considering trading Middleton.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
coolhandluke121
RealGM
And1: 6,834

Post#790 » by coolhandluke121 » Wed Sep 9, 2020 2:11 pm

MissKhriddleton wrote:
paulpressey25 wrote:Thankfully though, Middleton had a good enough season that maybe, just maybe, some team would give you positive or neutral value back.

Yeah now's the time. Going to be too late next offseason.

He'll be 30 this time next year with 3 years left on his deal. No contending team can afford to take on $35, $38, and $40 million for a 3rd/4th banana. No rebuilding team is going to take on that salary for a guy at that age to help you chase the 8th seed. Have to hope the statistics and all star appearances convince a middling team that he's the guy to put them "over the top."

I would call him more of a 2a option who also needs a 2b on the team, and that's clearly not Brook or Bledsoe. It should be a good floor general, but it doesn't have to be a true blue star.

I also disagree with the premise that he might not have much value on the market. I think a number of teams would love to have him but the Bucks are in the unfortunate position of not having a true lead guard and having to ask him to take on some of those duties, which makes him a mixed blessing.

I agree about strongly considering a Khris trade though. He's making too much and will probably never be this good again, simply because his shooting numbers almost have to regress to the mean a little.
Wut we've got here is... faaailure... to communakate.
DavidDunn21
Sixth Man
And1: 1,943

Post#791 » by DavidDunn21 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 4:52 am

skones wrote:
FrieAaron wrote:Middleton was quite good this series, but still probably not a true #2. Both things can be true. He'd be an amazing #3 or fine as 2a.

Who's a true #2? Paul George? Westbrook? Siakam? All of these guys are struggling to the nth degree as "2s." Davis is the only one who's not and he's considered a top 10ish player. Hell, in Middleton absolutely carrying us in game 4? He accomplished more than those listed above.

Without better coaching and more variation in his game, I have more questions about Giannis as a true #1. He allowed himself to be completely removed from the game at times. That was more unacceptable than anything Khris did in this series.

Let's say we're all Nuggets fans. We like the Bucks well enough, but don't care about them one way or another.

We watch the Bucks go down 0-3. This is a huge story with repercussions around the league. How would we feel as impartial observers to find that a sizable majority of the Bucks fanbase found meaning in a single win in an embarrassing 5 game second round loss? How much would we laugh at the clown fans who swelled up with pride in a "legendary" 36 point performance by Khris Middleton? 36 points is nice, we would think, but our guy Jamal Murray has already scored 50 twice in meaningful games where he didn't need overtime. We might even look and see that he went 12/28 and wonder why Bucks fans are treating this like Jordan in the Boston Garden.

I mean for crying out loud, Brogdon also had one big game in an embarrassing series against the Heat. 34/7/14. 11 of 17. Was anyone here seriously saying that single game sample meant anything?

So no, Middleton was not "quite good" in this series, he was just better and competed harder than all of us expected him to. He looked like he was trying to win and it was SHOCKING.

Which says it all, really.
skones
RealGM
And1: 17,101

Post#792 » by skones » Fri Sep 11, 2020 5:03 am

DavidDunn21 wrote:
skones wrote:
FrieAaron wrote:Middleton was quite good this series, but still probably not a true #2. Both things can be true. He'd be an amazing #3 or fine as 2a.

Who's a true #2? Paul George? Westbrook? Siakam? All of these guys are struggling to the nth degree as "2s." Davis is the only one who's not and he's considered a top 10ish player. Hell, in Middleton absolutely carrying us in game 4? He accomplished more than those listed above.

Without better coaching and more variation in his game, I have more questions about Giannis as a true #1. He allowed himself to be completely removed from the game at times. That was more unacceptable than anything Khris did in this series.

Let's say we're all Nuggets fans. We like the Bucks well enough, but don't care about them one way or another.

We watch the Bucks go down 0-3. This is a huge story with repercussions around the league. How would we feel as impartial observers to find that a sizable majority of the Bucks fanbase found meaning in a single win in an embarrassing 5 game second round loss? How much would we laugh at the clown fans who swelled up with pride in a "legendary" 36 point performance by Khris Middleton? 36 points is nice, we would think, but our guy Jamal Murray has already scored 50 twice in meaningful games where he didn't need overtime. We might even look and see that he went 12/28 and wonder why Bucks fans are treating this like Jordan in the Boston Garden.

I mean for crying out loud, Brogdon also had one big game in an embarrassing series against the Heat. 34/7/14. 11 of 17. Was anyone here seriously saying that single game sample meant anything?

So no, Middleton was not "quite good" in this series, he was just better and competed harder than all of us expected him to. He looked like he was trying to win and it was SHOCKING.

Which says it all, really.

Interesting that you quoted me yet refused to address anything I actually said. As for what "all of us expected him to?" No. That was just you.
th87
General Manager
And1: 9,416

Post#793 » by th87 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 6:08 am

If the Lakers trounce the Clippers behind no-shows by Paul George and the lack of an inside presence, could a Middleton and Lopez package for George and change be attractive to them? I get that they gave up a ridiculous amount to get him in the first place, so perhaps not.
Fotis St
General Manager
And1: 2,853

Post#794 » by Fotis St » Fri Sep 11, 2020 6:11 am

Me and DavidDunn21 are consistent at our Khris evaluation. He is a good player, his previous contract at about 17M should have been his salary. He is a #3 or maybe 6th man of a year, coming off the bench and drop 20ppg like Lue Williams did.... I think this is the role that fits him most. He wants the ball in his hands and is more aggressive when Giannis is out .... Sure we can do that, make him a 6th man. Unfortunately he is getting paid double the money he deserves.

Its time to move on from him, if he can return us a high caliber superstar.

If not , I guess if we can trade for CP3 ... (Bledsoe Brook, G.Hill)
CP3 - Khris and Giannis could work.
Not optimistic about their health nor the coaching, cause in paper its an easy trip to ECF, in reality we will see...if that trade is done
Draft picks: '15 Jerian Grant, '16 Thon Maker, '17 Isaiah Hartenstein/*John Collins, '18 TD Devonte Graham, Hamidou Diallo, '20 Sam Merrill, Killian Tillie, '21 Joe Wieskamp, '22 TU C.Braun/G.Procida '23 Tristan Vukcevic/Maxwell Lewis
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,612

Post#795 » by Baddy Chuck » Fri Sep 11, 2020 6:56 am

DavidDunn21 wrote:I mean for crying out loud, Brogdon also had one big game in an embarrassing series against the Heat. 34/7/14. 11 of 17. Was anyone here seriously saying that single game sample meant anything?

If that play was largely the biggest factor in winning a playoff game I'd say there would have been a lot of people saying just that.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
TroyD92
RealGM
And1: 10,567

Post#796 » by TroyD92 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 7:37 am

Imagine willingly lumping yourself together with daviddunn
VooDoo7 wrote:
JEIS wrote:

Kidd would have curb stomped him.

Maybe if his name was Denise instead of Dennis.

Fotis St wrote:Wherever you are David, I love you man.
Fotis St
General Manager
And1: 2,853

Post#797 » by Fotis St » Fri Sep 11, 2020 7:45 am

TroyD92 wrote:Imagine willingly lumping yourself together with daviddunn

We don't agree on everything.
And trust me I don't feel happy for Khris not being able to be our No2 punch.

I wish I was wrong and Bucks had at least one NBA Finals appearance.

I am as sad for the Bucks as most of you.
We have one last chance next season.
Draft picks: '15 Jerian Grant, '16 Thon Maker, '17 Isaiah Hartenstein/*John Collins, '18 TD Devonte Graham, Hamidou Diallo, '20 Sam Merrill, Killian Tillie, '21 Joe Wieskamp, '22 TU C.Braun/G.Procida '23 Tristan Vukcevic/Maxwell Lewis
DavidDunn21
Sixth Man
And1: 1,943

Post#798 » by DavidDunn21 » Sat Sep 12, 2020 9:37 pm

Imagine willingly lumping yourself with the guy who consistently for three years said we need more talent and we can't push our chips to the middle of the table with Khris as the #2. Imagine willingly lumping yourself with the guy who came up with 23,394 Twitter trades to try and sell high on Khris. Imagine willingly lumping yourself with the first guy anywhere to compare Giannis to Shaquille O'Neal and think about what that meant for the second best player. Imagine willingly lumping yourself with the first guy anywhere to complain about Bucks coaches tinkering with Giannis' shooting motion. Imagine willingly lumping yourself with the guy who rejected Per36 fantasies about how good our players actually were. Imagine willingly lumping yourself with the guy who said it's a risk but we have to bring back Brogdon.

Imagine you posting that after the 5 seed gave us the gentleman's sweep.
Bucksfan28
General Manager
And1: 4,918

Post#799 » by Bucksfan28 » Sun Sep 13, 2020 5:09 am

DavidDunn21 wrote:Imagine willingly lumping yourself with the guy who came up with 23,394 Twitter trades to try and sell high on Khris.

Weird flex.
MoreTrife wrote:Love seeing two buffoons have a buffoon competition.
th87
General Manager
And1: 9,416

Post#800 » by th87 » Sun Sep 13, 2020 6:44 am

DavidDunn21 wrote:

Imagine willingly lumping yourself with the guy who consistently for three years said we need more talent and we can't push our chips to the middle of the table with Khris as the #2. Imagine willingly lumping yourself with the guy who came up with 23,394 Twitter trades to try and sell high on Khris. Imagine willingly lumping yourself with the first guy anywhere to compare Giannis to Shaquille O'Neal and think about what that meant for the second best player. Imagine willingly lumping yourself with the first guy anywhere to complain about Bucks coaches tinkering with Giannis' shooting motion. Imagine willingly lumping yourself with the guy who rejected Per36 fantasies about how good our players actually were. Imagine willingly lumping yourself with the guy who said it's a risk but we have to bring back Brogdon.

Imagine you posting that after the 5 seed gave us the gentleman's sweep.

I don't get the hate for DD - I might not always agree with the takes, but they are argued thoroughly. CHL got the same heat for criticizing Jabari, and look how that turned out.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks