ImageImageImageImageImage

How many more seasons does Draymond have as our starting PF?

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

Kuya
Assistant Coach
And1: 808

How many more seasons does Draymond have as our starting PF? 

Post#1 » by Kuya » Wed Sep 9, 2020 7:06 am

It literally feels like yesterday remembering Dray take over D-Lee's starting spot.
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,635

Re: How many more seasons does Draymond have as our starting PF? 

Post#2 » by Coxy » Wed Sep 9, 2020 11:29 am

At least 3.
jason bourne
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,602

Post#3 » by jason bourne » Wed Sep 9, 2020 3:13 pm

It's a great question. His shooting has fallen way off to the point that he's a hindrance. Maybe trade him now. IOW, zero.

ETA: The trade talk for Giannis helped cover up a lot of the Ws warts, but if he's not going to be available next year, then Ws will still need younger 3-pt shooting. Davis Bertans would be a nice addition for a big man? Wings don't just grow on trees, so probably through the draft. I'm not sure why Dray's 3-pt shooting has fallen off to the point that he doesn't want to shoot. As a defensive player, he can still play. I hate to just put him in the middle since he deserves better as a vet. Danillo would help right away, so probably would be a target.
“The most contrarian thing of all is not to oppose the crowd but to think for yourself.” Peter Thiel

ImageImage
ShayDee
Rookie
And1: 258

Post#4 » by ShayDee » Wed Sep 9, 2020 3:32 pm

1 year, being next season. If he has a similar year to this, he is gone
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,022

Post#5 » by Scoots1994 » Wed Sep 9, 2020 3:51 pm

It depends on if another player comes along to take his job or not. At least 2 is my guess.

He's been trying to get super lean and that may extend is career.
ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,375

Post#6 » by ILOVEIT » Wed Sep 9, 2020 3:59 pm

Coxy wrote:At least 3.

That sounds about right.
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.
Mav_Carter
Sophomore
And1: 41

Post#7 » by Mav_Carter » Wed Sep 9, 2020 4:18 pm

Draymond's a high IQ player...maybe the second smartest in the NBA after LeBron...he's also not a physical freak who relies on his athletic ability...he'll be a starter for at least 5-7 more seasons as long as he stays fit...
Warriors Analyst
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,694

Post#8 » by Warriors Analyst » Wed Sep 9, 2020 4:29 pm

PJ Tucker is doing what he is doing at age 35. Draymond's shot has fallen off and that's worrisome, but if he stays in shape, he's got at least 5 years left in him.
Mav_Carter
Sophomore
And1: 41

Post#9 » by Mav_Carter » Wed Sep 9, 2020 5:28 pm

Warriors Analyst wrote:PJ Tucker is doing what he is doing at age 35. Draymond's shot has fallen off and that's worrisome, but if he stays in shape, he's got at least 5 years left in him.

PJ Tucker is the greatest corner 3 shooter of all time...
HiRez
RealGM
And1: 3,578

Post#10 » by HiRez » Wed Sep 9, 2020 5:42 pm

Mav_Carter wrote:Draymond's a high IQ player...maybe the second smartest in the NBA after LeBron...he's also not a physical freak who relies on his athletic ability...he'll be a starter for at least 5-7 more seasons as long as he stays fit...

I agree, he's gonna be valuable for a while. Yes, his poor outside shooting is not great and hurts us at times, but I think people underestimate what we lose if he's gone (traded, whatever). And like Iguodala a very difficult player to find a replacement for. At some point maybe we trade Draymond's defense, passing, and BBIQ for more scoring/athleticism, but I don't think we're there yet. Plus I want Draymond there riding rookies' asses and not letting them slack off. I think he'll do the same for Wiggins.

If we get more wings who can score and a center who can score at a Javale+ level (Wiseman should be able to do that at least), Draymond should still work.
Commodor
Analyst
And1: 957

Post#11 » by Commodor » Wed Sep 9, 2020 5:42 pm

I expect his game to age like Ron Artest/Worldpeace did. As long as he does not expect large contracts after this one I could see 5-6 more years out of him. Could be a significant role on a contender until the end.
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,022

Post#12 » by Scoots1994 » Wed Sep 9, 2020 10:22 pm

Mav_Carter wrote:
Warriors Analyst wrote:PJ Tucker is doing what he is doing at age 35. Draymond's shot has fallen off and that's worrisome, but if he stays in shape, he's got at least 5 years left in him.

PJ Tucker is the greatest corner 3 shooter of all time...

You say some crazy stuff.
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#13 » by Mylie10 » Thu Sep 10, 2020 2:35 am

jason bourne wrote:It's a great question. His shooting has fallen way off to the point that he's a hindrance. Maybe trade him now. IOW, zero.

ETA: The trade talk for Giannis helped cover up a lot of the Ws warts, but if he's not going to be available next year, then Ws will still need younger 3-pt shooting. Davis Bertans would be a nice addition for a big man? Wings don't just grow on trees, so probably through the draft. I'm not sure why Dray's 3-pt shooting has fallen off to the point that he doesn't want to shoot. As a defensive player, he can still play. I hate to just put him in the middle since he deserves better as a vet. Danillo would help right away, so probably would be a target.

Bertans would be great, but he’s a free agent and he’s going to make way more than the MLE. So we’re out.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
Little Digger
Head Coach
And1: 2,710

Post#14 » by Little Digger » Thu Sep 10, 2020 2:46 am

Draymond’s last playoffs performance in 2019 and the last time he played in meaningful games

He averaged 13-10-9 with great defense

Give me a break
ILOVEIT—Good 'ol Bob. Two things that will survive the next apocalypse - Cockroaches and Fitz.
Kuya
Assistant Coach
And1: 808

Post#15 » by Kuya » Thu Sep 10, 2020 2:51 am

Going up against huge centers so early in his career will shave off some longevity.

Sent from my SM-N960U using RealGM mobile app
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#16 » by Mylie10 » Thu Sep 10, 2020 3:32 am

The biggest problem this last season was that we were covertly tanking.

We couldn’t have Draymond playing a break neck speed while Steph and Klay were out. I’m sure there must have been discussions with him about the ultimate goal for this season, which was put yourself in the best draft position possible.

You can’t have Draymond going all out and helping to win some meaningless games. Even though there were a few games where he played tough hard nosed ball like always and we won a couple.

But obviously Draymond wasn’t trying to play like we know he could. And it was hard for him. That’s not how he operates.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
DAWill1128
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,685

Post#17 » by DAWill1128 » Thu Sep 10, 2020 4:32 am

As soon as Paschall started emerging I knew we had an eventual replacement. Draymond will continue to start but Paschall as soon as maybe even this year will receive more regular season minutes. We will slowly make that transition but Draymond will start to set the tone and for seniority purposes. Draymond will eventually become a key cog in a more limited role like Igoudola had. I see it playing out with the same dynamic that Barnes-Igoudola had just at the power forward position.

Now if we can get Wiseman to hit some jumpers playing alongside Draymond and Wiseman to protect the paint playing alongside Paschall we will really be able to help and alleviate both guys.

If we can get a ball handler in 2021 I am confident we can keep this thing rolling.
dk1115
Sixth Man
And1: 920

Post#18 » by dk1115 » Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:58 am

I think for the next 5 years. As long as Curry and Klay are around, they don't really need offensive oriented PF. Perfect fit.
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,635

Post#19 » by Coxy » Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:30 am

Mylie10 wrote:The biggest problem this last season was that we were covertly tanking.

We couldn’t have Draymond playing a break neck speed while Steph and Klay were out. I’m sure there must have been discussions with him about the ultimate goal for this season, which was put yourself in the best draft position possible.

You can’t have Draymond going all out and helping to win some meaningless games. Even though there were a few games where he played tough hard nosed ball like always and we won a couple.

But obviously Draymond wasn’t trying to play like we know he could. And it was hard for him. That’s not how he operates.

I'm of the opinion that Draymond is inherently linked to Klay and Steph. By himself, he may have ended up a forever backup and been out of the lague through lack of opportunity. His strength appeared when he found a defensive identity and understood the link he could become for the best shooting backcourt ever. For me, he is, as Steph and Klay go. His career is tied to them, and he should never want to part with them.

This season, that was personified. There was no point wearing him down, because the front office knows this, and he knows this. He would have hated playing without them this season, and he may have grown even fonder of his 2 compatriot amigos this season, because his career is getting shorter, and his body aint getting any younger. He also has a new project in Andrew, which he might like.

Draymond's career beyond basketball is also something worth watching. He's smarter than the average bear.
oaktownwarriors87
RealGM
And1: 4,349

Post#20 » by oaktownwarriors87 » Thu Sep 10, 2020 7:40 pm

Somewhere between 0 and 8. He's slower, still undersized and he can't hit the three ball. It's a bad combination for a team with no depth, no center, and an aging backcourt.

-Can he improve his shooting?
-How much slower will he be?
-Can we get young, athletic guys to play next to him?
-What are the other options at PF?

Hitting the three ball and having a young, athletic SF (Wiggins) and C (Wiseman?) will help extend his career as a quality starting PF. Will that happen, though?

He plays his best when we have a free flowing offense and both he and Curry have the ball in their hands. Kerr seems resilient to that idea and wants a more structured offense with Curry playing more off the ball. I'm guessing we will see a lot of Wiggins with the ball in his hands and Curry running off the ball to distract the defense :(

If that's how it's going to be than we need Draymond traded yesterday.

Portland and Denver need a guy like Draymond in the worst way. He still has trade value. Michael Porter Jr made a rookie move and called out the coaching staff. Denver might be more willing to move him, and his ideas fit the Warriors vision.

Will Barton
Michael Porter Jr.
22nd overall pick
TPE

-FOR-

Draymond Green
Eric Pascal
Give back Denvers own 2021 2nd rounder

Draymond and Joker would be a great duo. Draymond would probably get him playing defense. Just throwing ideas out there
cdubbz wrote:Donte DiVincenzo will outplay Poole this season.

Return to Golden State Warriors