ImageImageImageImage

Around the NBA, 2020/21 Edition

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

MartinsIzAfraud
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,100

Re: Around the NBA, 2019/20 Edition 

Post#1001 » by MartinsIzAfraud » Wed Sep 9, 2020 2:23 pm

tiderulz wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:
Knightro wrote:There are a lot of rumblings out there that Oklahoma City is going to blow it up and rebuild.

Can't imagine Donovan was super thrilled about the prospect of having to navigate that. Seems like the split was amicable.

OKC didn't pass first round of playoffs since Durant left them in 2016.

Imo they refused to rebuild because how small market they are. After all, we talk about franchise who traded Harden to save $4M :lol:

well, when you build your team around a superstar and that star leaves, the team always falls off. with Russ as their best player afterwards and a limited offense, they still made the playoffs in the west every year (especially this past year). Yes, they got bounced, but their front office didnt do Billy any favors.

It’s a funny thing with OKC because they also have Adams 4/100M in a league that doesn’t value the C position. Vuc is clearly better than Adams but it’s still a solid amount in a spot that’s not as valued.

They nailed the SGA pick and Dort looks like a steal right now if he can continue. Solid scouting I’d say so far, oh Hi Hennigan.

They also have a haul of 1st round picks for the next few years to move around if needed. CP3 trade bait as a star-ish and will likely get a solid haul for him even if his contract is massive. Someone (Milwaukee, Knicks) is going to panic trade.

The big thing I’m waiting to see from this FO is to make that big move. This seems to be the year to do that due to Isaac injury and our cap strapped issues. Swing for a double at some point and stop bunting things down the line.
A scoring guard.. never heard of one. :roll:
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,097

Post#1002 » by tiderulz » Wed Sep 9, 2020 2:55 pm

MartinsIzAfraud wrote:
tiderulz wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:
OKC didn't pass first round of playoffs since Durant left them in 2016.

Imo they refused to rebuild because how small market they are. After all, we talk about franchise who traded Harden to save $4M :lol:

well, when you build your team around a superstar and that star leaves, the team always falls off. with Russ as their best player afterwards and a limited offense, they still made the playoffs in the west every year (especially this past year). Yes, they got bounced, but their front office didnt do Billy any favors.

It’s a funny thing with OKC because they also have Adams 4/100M in a league that doesn’t value the C position. Vuc is clearly better than Adams but it’s still a solid amount in a spot that’s not as valued.

They nailed the SGA pick and Dort looks like a steal right now if he can continue. Solid scouting I’d say so far, oh Hi Hennigan.

They also have a haul of 1st round picks for the next few years to move around if needed. CP3 trade bait as a star-ish and will likely get a solid haul for him even if his contract is massive. Someone (Milwaukee, Knicks) is going to panic trade.

The big thing I’m waiting to see from this FO is to make that big move. This seems to be the year to do that due to Isaac injury and our cap strapped issues. Swing for a double at some point and stop bunting things down the line.

we dont know if Presti took Hennigans choice or his own though.
MartinsIzAfraud
Lead Assistant

Post#1003 » by MartinsIzAfraud » Wed Sep 9, 2020 2:58 pm

tiderulz wrote:
MartinsIzAfraud wrote:
tiderulz wrote:well, when you build your team around a superstar and that star leaves, the team always falls off. with Russ as their best player afterwards and a limited offense, they still made the playoffs in the west every year (especially this past year). Yes, they got bounced, but their front office didnt do Billy any favors.

oh absolutely, just funny because we all knew Hennigan had a solid eye for talent just wasn't the best at putting it together and then end of tenure panic traded
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,097

Post#1004 » by tiderulz » Wed Sep 9, 2020 3:55 pm

MartinsIzAfraud wrote:
tiderulz wrote:
MartinsIzAfraud wrote:

oh absolutely, just funny because we all knew Hennigan had a solid eye for talent just wasn't the best at putting it together and then end of tenure panic traded

well, he was also doing horrible free agent signings.
MartinsIzAfraud
Lead Assistant

Post#1005 » by MartinsIzAfraud » Wed Sep 9, 2020 3:59 pm

tiderulz wrote:
MartinsIzAfraud wrote:
tiderulz wrote:

well, he was also doing horrible free agent signings.

the Biyombo deal was a playoff fools gold that's for sure. It was a mix of a terrible contract on a team that was exact opposite of Toronto. What could go wrong :lol: :lol:
The Effect
Magic Forum Mock Draft Co-Champ
And1: 2,053

Post#1006 » by The Effect » Wed Sep 9, 2020 5:42 pm

I still remember how crazy this board went when we signed biyombo. I dont think ive ever seen that level of excitement from this board, you would think we just signed Lebron in his prime or something. Strangest thing id ever seen
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,593

Post#1007 » by BadMofoPimp » Wed Sep 9, 2020 10:19 pm

The Effect wrote:I still remember how crazy this board went when we signed biyombo. I dont think ive ever seen that level of excitement from this board, you would think we just signed Lebron in his prime or something. Strangest thing id ever seen

I hated him before we signed him. He was fools gold a mile away. I still can't believe people wanted a player who was a scrub for 5 years based only off 2 or 3 good games the guy had in the playoffs.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
The Effect

Post#1008 » by The Effect » Thu Sep 10, 2020 12:04 am

BadMofoPimp wrote:
The Effect wrote:I still remember how crazy this board went when we signed biyombo. I dont think ive ever seen that level of excitement from this board, you would think we just signed Lebron in his prime or something. Strangest thing id ever seen

I hated him before we signed him. He was fools gold a mile away. I still can't believe people wanted a player who was a scrub for 5 years based only off 2 or 3 good games the guy had in the playoffs.

Yeah it was one of the most mindblowing things ive seen on this board

The guy was the most literal, text book definition of a scrub and yet he had one good stretch against the cavs in the playoffs and all of a sudden many on this board were ready to trade Vuc and build the whole team around him.
Its hilarious, all i remember from that thread was the "i love you henny" posts and the insane about of "!!!111!1!!"

I honestly dont think people would of been that excited if we actually won a championship
Driguez
General Manager
And1: 2,016

Post#1009 » by Driguez » Thu Sep 10, 2020 1:58 am

What a game between the Celtics and Raps. Wow
"We all we got"- SVG
TheGlyde
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 559

Post#1010 » by TheGlyde » Thu Sep 10, 2020 2:03 am

Driguez wrote:What a game between the Celtics and Raps. Wow

Have to admit, in a game/series where I wish there was a way they could both lose... It was some high quality ball with some huge plays.

The 3 teams left in the East may be my least favourite 3 :lol:

And then you have the effing Lakers on the other side lol...

Ugh... The Clippers are my only hope :dontknow:
Orlando Magic Historian

Magic Player History on Instagram

Also on Twitter & Youtube
J-Mezzy
RealGM
And1: 3,214

Post#1011 » by J-Mezzy » Thu Sep 10, 2020 2:32 am

Watching the Cs vs raps game really makes me sad to think just how far we are from being a decent team

It's a whole different level of

Coaching
Skill
Execution
Effort
And mental toughness.

We are just soooo far away
Thank you triplemke23 for the sig.
pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,224

Post#1012 » by pepe1991 » Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:47 am

Raptors - Celtics is classic
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
Skin
RealGM
And1: 8,632

Post#1013 » by Skin » Thu Sep 10, 2020 9:22 am

The Effect wrote:
BadMofoPimp wrote:

The guy was the most literal, text book definition of a scrub and yet he had one good stretch against the cavs in the playoffs and all of a sudden many on this board were ready to trade Vuc and build the whole team around him.
Its hilarious, all i remember from that thread was the "i love you henny" posts and the insane about of "!!!111!1!!"

I honestly dont think people would of been that excited if we actually won a championship

It was driven way more by the hatred for Vucevic than a love for Biyombo. I don't think anyone should ever forget that.

I saw it as a potential exit for Vuc, but neeeeope! lol. :falloff:
Jett Howard, Franz Wagner, Paolo Banchero, Jonathan Isaac, Wendell Carter Jr
Anthony Black, Cole Anthony, Jalen Suggs, Joe Ingles, Chuma Okeke, Mo Wagner, Goga Bitadze LESSSGOOO!!!
pepe1991
RealGM

Post#1014 » by pepe1991 » Thu Sep 10, 2020 9:24 am

Skin wrote:
The Effect wrote:
BadMofoPimp wrote:

It was driven way more by the hatred for Vucevic than a love for Biyombo. I don't think anyone should ever forget that.

Just goes to show you how irrational fans are and how irrelevant their opinoins should be when decisions are made.
Biyombo is one of least talented Magic players in history. His contract strangled Magic for years, after Mozgov trade, as direct result of Biyombo's contract, we still have 2 more years to pay his streach provision. :banghead:
Disaster. Whooping disaster.
zaymon
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,141

Post#1015 » by zaymon » Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:59 am

pepe1991 wrote:
Skin wrote:
The Effect wrote:Yeah it was one of the most mindblowing things ive seen on this board

Just goes to show you how irrational fans are and how irrelevant their opinoins should be when decisions are made.
Biyombo is one of least talented Magic players in history. His contract strangled Magic for years, after Mozgov trade, as direct result of Biyombo's contract, we still have 2 more years to pay his streach provision. :banghead:

Actually his salary is removed from our books becouse of a carrier ending injury
My money is on Banchero going number 1 !
pepe1991
RealGM

Post#1016 » by pepe1991 » Thu Sep 10, 2020 11:38 am

zaymon wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:
Skin wrote:It was driven way more by the hatred for Vucevic than a love for Biyombo. I don't think anyone should ever forget that.

Actually his salary is removed from our books becouse of a carrier ending injury

He has contract with Khimki but didn't play as season ended in Russia. It's stil unclear can he play. if he loggs 1 min of playing, he is back in paybooks
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,892

Post#1017 » by drsd » Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:00 pm

I cannot wait for the Heat-Clippers final.

Kawhi Leonard vs. Jimmy Butler. What a classic that would be. I say this as I think the Heat and the Clippers are the two best post-season teams right now.

cedric76
RealGM
And1: 3,179

Post#1018 » by cedric76 » Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:53 pm

drsd wrote:I cannot wait for the Heat-Clippers final.

Kawhi Leonard vs. Jimmy Butler. What a classic that would be. I say this as I think the Heat and the Clippers are the two best post-season teams right now.

As long as ledouche doesn't win the title i ll be happy with any finalist
Grayson or Monk? Bring the cheapest

unleash Jett next seaon
Skin
RealGM
And1: 8,632

Post#1019 » by Skin » Thu Sep 10, 2020 6:15 pm

pepe1991 wrote:
Skin wrote:
The Effect wrote:Yeah it was one of the most mindblowing things ive seen on this board

Nah, just goes to show that the Magic failed to build a cohesive working roster. Biyombo was a critical piece coming from a legitimate contender. I only liked the move as a precedence for future moves. Not some final piece.

You can't just throw cement against the wall and hope it sticks. If Biyombo was truly truly brought here to come off the bench behind Vuc or play alongside Vuc at the 4 then the Magic really were dumb as rocks.
Jett Howard, Franz Wagner, Paolo Banchero, Jonathan Isaac, Wendell Carter Jr
Anthony Black, Cole Anthony, Jalen Suggs, Joe Ingles, Chuma Okeke, Mo Wagner, Goga Bitadze LESSSGOOO!!!
The Effect

Post#1020 » by The Effect » Thu Sep 10, 2020 7:38 pm

Skin wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:
Skin wrote:It was driven way more by the hatred for Vucevic than a love for Biyombo. I don't think anyone should ever forget that.

Nah, just goes to show that the Magic failed to build a cohesive working roster. Biyombo was a critical piece coming from a legitimate contender. I only liked the move as a precedence for future moves. Not some final piece.

You can't just throw cement against the wall and hope it sticks. If Biyombo was truly truly brought here to come off the bench behind Vuc or play alongside Vuc at the 4 then the Magic really were dumb as rocks.

That probably wasnt the intent. He was likely brought in to be the starter....then henny and vogal realized just how **** of a player he was and that it would be impossible to start him and be successful and stuck with vuc. Same mistake they made with ibaka
Brought him in to be the star defender, realized early on that was a mistake and went back to AG. I just wish they hadnt given up so much for him and then gotten so little in return

Return to Orlando Magic