2020 Draft Thread

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

jason bourne
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,602

Re: 2020 Draft Thread 

Post#2341 » by jason bourne » Fri Sep 11, 2020 8:49 am

Coxy wrote:
Mav_Carter wrote:I’m off the Halliburton bandwagon. He shoots like a WNBA player...

Read on Twitter
?s=21

Wow, that stroke is gross.

Looks gay in that tweet, but it's misleading. He's weak shooting off the dribble and in a pick and roll although he can run a pnr nicely. Looks great with 3-pt shooting. He'll be more a combo guard and may not be able to create his own shot readily. May have to be open more as catch and shoot set shooter in the NBA. Can he handle someone closing him out in the perimeter, i.e. create space for himself? He looks fast enough to get to any space on the floor he wants. Good perimeter defender. I still wouldn't mind drafting him if the Ws get a player like Marcus Smart and swap picks.
Simply not okay. Not up for debate or discussion. Avoid this kind of childish behavior, leave on your own, or get asked to leave. - CPH
“The most contrarian thing of all is not to oppose the crowd but to think for yourself.” Peter Thiel

ImageImage
Quazza
Head Coach
And1: 1,727

Post#2342 » by Quazza » Fri Sep 11, 2020 10:31 am

jason bourne wrote:
Coxy wrote:
Mav_Carter wrote:I’m off the Halliburton bandwagon. He shoots like a WNBA player...

Read on Twitter
?s=21

Looks gay in that tweet, but it's misleading. He's weak shooting off the dribble and in a pick and roll although he can run a pnr nicely. Looks great with 3-pt shooting. He'll be more a combo guard and may not be able to create his own shot readily. May have to be open more as catch and shoot set shooter in the NBA. Can he handle someone closing him out in the perimeter, i.e. create space for himself? He looks fast enough to get to any space on the floor he wants. Good perimeter defender. I still wouldn't mind drafting him if the Ws get a player like Marcus Smart and swap picks.

Seriously ? :roll:
KevinMcreynolds wrote:BIG DICK BOB DOIN WORK

KGdaBom wrote:You can go back and read every post I made. Never said one bad thing about one person until Coxy came up with his Vagiclean comment
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#2343 » by Mylie10 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 12:12 pm

Quazza wrote:
jason bourne wrote:
Coxy wrote:

Good ol Bourne....He also spouts racist stuff on other sites. Be careful of him.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
Mylie10
RealGM

Post#2344 » by Mylie10 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 12:15 pm

Just for some context video.

He’s cerebral, or under control. Sometimes people mistake that as a bad thing. But I’m the video you can see how he reacts to some of the things mentioned previously. And it’s all in game footage.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
jason bourne
Lead Assistant

Post#2345 » by jason bourne » Fri Sep 11, 2020 1:15 pm

Quazza wrote:
jason bourne wrote:
Coxy wrote:

Swish cultures.

And that's my last humorous statement on the subject or else we get into political correctness, people getting banned for their political and religious views, and this is a sports forum. We end up with what happened at ww.net. Just look at who just has to pipe up and instigate further.

And again, simply not okay. Not humorous, and not welcome. Avoid this sort of discussion, or avoid discussing. - CPH
“The most contrarian thing of all is not to oppose the crowd but to think for yourself.” Peter Thiel

ImageImage
Warriors Analyst
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,694

Post#2346 » by Warriors Analyst » Fri Sep 11, 2020 4:04 pm

jason bourne wrote:
Quazza wrote:
jason bourne wrote:

Swish cultures.

And that's my last humorous statement on the subject or else we get into political correctness, people getting banned for their political and religious views, and this is a sports forum. We end up with what happened at ww.net. Just look at who just has to pipe up and instigate further.

Your statement was humorous only to you. Being on a sports forum doesn't give you free reign to say hurtful things or to be homophobic for a cheap laugh.
Onus
RealGM
And1: 5,136

Post#2347 » by Onus » Fri Sep 11, 2020 4:14 pm

I've got to say I really like this guy's takes. Should check out the rest of his videos
Most 4th Quarter Points in Final since 1991
1995 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5
2000 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5 (61.1% TS)
2015 Stephen Curry 10.8 (75.1% TS)
1997 Michael Jordan 10.7 (55.1% TS)
1998 Michael Jordan 10.6 (50.6% TS)
2011 Dirk Nowitzki 10.3 (68.0% TS)
xdrta+
General Manager
And1: 7,182

Post#2348 » by xdrta+ » Fri Sep 11, 2020 4:23 pm

jason bourne wrote: or else we get into political correctness,

Whining about "political correctness" -- the last refuge of the homophobe (or racist, or misogynist or...)
Mylie10
RealGM

Post#2349 » by Mylie10 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 4:58 pm

jason bourne wrote:
Quazza wrote:
jason bourne wrote:

Swish cultures.

Khoee wrote “
TB
General Manager
And1: 1,125

Post#2350 » by TB » Fri Sep 11, 2020 5:36 pm

I can't find the tweet/article, but I thought I read something about Haliburton being near the top of NCAA prospects in percentage at the hoop. Now, that doesn't mean he gets there alot, but I think he's pretty accurate there and in transition (sorta like Steph always leading that category).

As for his shot in that video, have y'all not seen him before? That funky shot isn't anything new. But it goes in consistently.

My big question is if he can defend as good as most people claim, or is he going to get bullied in the NBA. Would be amazing if his first couple years he could have an offensive impact like a Shamet and a defensive impact like a poor mans Dunn. That would be an amazing rotation player early in career.
TB
General Manager
And1: 1,125

Post#2351 » by TB » Fri Sep 11, 2020 8:28 pm

Are we sleeping on Cole Anthony or Maxey as trade back options?

So many teams these days have multiple lead guards that can just go get a bucket or create something. They may not be guys like Dame, Murray, Mitchell, Kemba.... but may have a scorer role like a FVV, Gordon, Lou, etc.
jason bourne
Lead Assistant

Post#2352 » by jason bourne » Fri Sep 11, 2020 8:44 pm

TB wrote:Are we sleeping on Cole Anthony or Maxey as trade back options?

So many teams these days have multiple lead guards that can just go get a bucket or create something. They may not be guys like Dame, Murray, Mitchell, Kemba.... but may have a scorer role like a FVV, Gordon, Lou, etc.

I liked Cole Anthony in the beginning, but he's not a pure PG, not athletic, not ready to step up rn, and kept on dropping. Will he still be a lottery pick? He's probably someone who should stay in NCAA one more year and be a solid lottery pick next year.

Maxey is in the same boat with Anthony in being not athletic nor have size. He's got the skills, but teams would have to be patient on him. He's not even a lottery pick, so didn't even consider him.

ImageImage
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,137

Post#2353 » by wco81 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 10:00 pm

Onus wrote:

I've got to say I really like this guy's takes. Should check out the rest of his videos

Between Joe Ingles and Dario Saric.

Yikes, a top 5 pick for that?
ShayDee
Rookie
And1: 258

Post#2354 » by ShayDee » Fri Sep 11, 2020 10:29 pm

wco81 wrote:
Onus wrote:

Between Joe Ingles and Dario Saric.

Yikes, a top 5 pick for that?

My comparison was a mix of Saric and Hezonja with more handling and playmaking but the question still stands. Would you use a top 5 pick for that mixture of players?

Hezonja because of the athleticism, shooting? open court speed. Saric because of high IQ, rebounding, post play. I don't know. He for sure is not worth a top 3 pick, even in this type of draft
ShayDee
Rookie

Post#2355 » by ShayDee » Fri Sep 11, 2020 10:30 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
Little Digger
Head Coach
And1: 2,710

Post#2356 » by Little Digger » Fri Sep 11, 2020 11:21 pm

Hey have you heard!!! Digger’s out with his new Wishy Washy Big Board

1. Nobody’s worth the #1 , #2 or #3 pick
4. Wiseman
5. Advija
6. Williams
7. Okoro
8. Vassell
9. Ball
10. Edwards
11. Okongwu
12. Hayes
13. Terry
14. Haliburton
15. Toppin
16. S Bey
17. McDaniels
18. Winston
19. Carey
20. Scrubb ( just because his name is absolutely a perfect fit with this draft class)
ILOVEIT—Good 'ol Bob. Two things that will survive the next apocalypse - Cockroaches and Fitz.
ShayDee
Rookie

Post#2357 » by ShayDee » Fri Sep 11, 2020 11:36 pm

If we draft someone that cannot shoot or create, We are not winning anything. Deni, Ball and Edwards are too inconsistent, although I would sort of trust Edwards ahead of those 3. I still want to get a knock down shooter like Herro/Duncan Robinson/Shamet. We need one of those on this team.
Onus
RealGM
And1: 5,136

Post#2358 » by Onus » Sat Sep 12, 2020 12:50 am

I still don’t get how it’s possible for Edwards to be under 500 for both hs and aau
Most 4th Quarter Points in Final since 1991
1995 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5
2000 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5 (61.1% TS)
2015 Stephen Curry 10.8 (75.1% TS)
1997 Michael Jordan 10.7 (55.1% TS)
1998 Michael Jordan 10.6 (50.6% TS)
2011 Dirk Nowitzki 10.3 (68.0% TS)
ShayDee
Rookie

Post#2359 » by ShayDee » Sat Sep 12, 2020 1:06 am

Onus wrote:I still don’t get how it’s possible for Edwards to be under 500 for both hs and aau

That's what scares me soo much about him. That's also a major question I'm sure scouts are trying to find answers too. Does he play winning basketball? Or is he just a Dion Waiters. I'm also kind of getting closer to the conclusion that Edwards is soooo not a warriors pick. He doesn't defend, Inefficient, Doesn't pass, doesn't put in effort on defense or doesn't move offball so why do they like him soo much?

The answer I'm leaning towards to is they want the player with the highest trade value, and they think it's Edwards. The player that makes most sense in 1-3 is Wiseman, but with this league going towards wings, they are probably thinking to pick the best wing in this draft, regardless of his faults. They are not probably thinking logically here. The BPA in my opinion is Wiseman. He has the least bust potential, Highest floor out of the top 3, really high ceiling as a 2 way do it all big, fits our roster the best. But if the team chooses to go in the direction of asset gathering instead of our best interests in strengthening the team them idk
Mav_Carter
Sophomore
And1: 41

Post#2360 » by Mav_Carter » Sat Sep 12, 2020 1:34 am

Edwards % is low because he gets shots off that 5 other players on the planet are able to get off...

Return to Golden State Warriors