ImageImageImageImageImage

Could Frank be our longterm answer at backup guard (PG/SG)

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 100,562

Re: Could Frank be our longterm answer at backup guard (PG/SG) 

Post#101 » by mpharris36 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 1:27 pm

HEZI wrote:Man I really hope he can take his game to a new level, would be so exciting. I actually have this weird excitement about him going into next year. Don't let me down Frank!

B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
Tron Carter
RealGM
And1: 19,104

Post#102 » by Tron Carter » Fri Sep 11, 2020 1:28 pm

he’s always been the starter in my heart
R.I.P Black Mamba
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#103 » by mpharris36 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 1:30 pm

Deeeez Knicks wrote:
Read on Twitter

As an aside, while I absolutely still think the Knicks will bring in at least one point guard to be a part of the rotation before next season, I think I’ve also underestimated what they think of their current crop. Frank Ntilikina, I’m told, is currently penciled in as the starter, although that can - and if I had to guess probably will - change once they tinker with the roster. I’m also told that reports of Thibs’ continued belief in DSJ are absolutely legit. How much faith does he have, and how willing is he to put New York’s fate in someone who was quite awful last season? Your guess is as good as mine.

Personally I just think this is by default with Payton a lock to not come back because I believe we will either draft, sign a vet, or trade for a potential starting PG. That will probably knock everyone down a peg.

ROSTER

HEZI
RealGM
And1: 26,893

Post#104 » by HEZI » Fri Sep 11, 2020 1:33 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
HEZI wrote:Man I really hope he can take his game to a new level, would be so exciting. I actually have this weird excitement about him going into next year. Don't let me down Frank!

I want Frank vs. Mavs to show up on a regular basis. Imagine :o

C'mon Frank!
DENVER NUGGETS
Kyrie Irving/Josh Green/Dennis Schroder
Demar Derozan/Gordon Hayward/Amir Coffey
Torrey Craig/Gary Harris/Cedi Osman
Jarace Walker/Larry Nance Jr./Dominick Barlow
Xavier Tillman/Charles Bassey/Nick Richards
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 50,254

Post#105 » by Deeeez Knicks » Fri Sep 11, 2020 1:36 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
Deeeez Knicks wrote:
Read on Twitter

As an aside, while I absolutely still think the Knicks will bring in at least one point guard to be a part of the rotation before next season, I think I’ve also underestimated what they think of their current crop. Frank Ntilikina, I’m told, is currently penciled in as the starter, although that can - and if I had to guess probably will - change once they tinker with the roster. I’m also told that reports of Thibs’ continued belief in DSJ are absolutely legit. How much faith does he have, and how willing is he to put New York’s fate in someone who was quite awful last season? Your guess is as good as mine.

Personally I just think this is by default with Payton a lock to not come back because I believe we will either draft, sign a vet, or trade for a potential starting PG. That will probably knock everyone down a peg.

Yea, I am sure there will be some changes. Good to hear some votes of confidence though, and its better then hearing that Elfrid Payton is penciled in as a starter :lol:
Mavs
C: Timelord | Paul Reed | M Brown
PF: Sabonis | Lauri Markkanen
SF: Lebron | Lauri Markkanen
SG: DWhite | Lonnie Walker | Shake | Ty Jerome
PG: VanFleet | Tre Jones | Rose | Deuce
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,635

Post#106 » by HarthorneWingo » Fri Sep 11, 2020 1:36 pm

god shammgod wrote:here's frank....in france
Read on Twitter

and some glamour shots for the ladies and mpharris
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

El Bobito?
Free Palestine
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#107 » by mpharris36 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 1:43 pm

HEZI wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:

I want Frank vs. Mavs to show up on a regular basis. Imagine :o

C'mon Frank!

trust me the progress has been like a tortoise so I understand peoples frustration but the TS% went up to 50% this year. The FT rate and 3pt rate both went up this year with his efficiency going up.

Maybe he will never be a starter in this league but I think at least this year he established himself as a potential solid rotational piece of the bench as a combo guard.

Looking forward to his progress next year.

ROSTER

mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#108 » by mpharris36 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 1:45 pm

Deeeez Knicks wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
Deeeez Knicks wrote:
Read on Twitter

Yea, I am sure there will be some changes. Good to hear some votes of confidence though, and its better then hearing that Elfrid Payton is penciled in as a starter :lol:

ROSTER

Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 61,254

Post#109 » by Clyde_Style » Fri Sep 11, 2020 2:10 pm

In that recap of the Wizards game he's slashing, navigating, euro stepping, threading the needle, swishing.

All of which is why I think the bias against him is pretty much BS. People talk about him like he has no skills which is nonsense. He can execute if he stays out of his head and just hits the accelerator. He is not slow. He's just not rabbit quick, but he covers ground just as good as the majority of the guards in the league when he shifts gears. Frank was having no problem getting to the rack most of last season. He just needs to do it a lot more.

A confident Frank who plays without hesitation will be a threat. And he is good at hitting people in traffic off his dribble so if you design more PnR actions for him his assist numbers will go up a lot.
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 24,954

Post#110 » by Jeff Van Gully » Fri Sep 11, 2020 2:20 pm

frank szn is upon us.
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,303

Post#111 » by thebuzzardman » Fri Sep 11, 2020 2:21 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
Deeeez Knicks wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:

So the rumors of Scott Perry roaming the hallways of MSG sulking are TRUE!
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#112 » by Clyde_Style » Fri Sep 11, 2020 2:23 pm

Jeff Van Gully wrote:frank szn is upon us.

mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#113 » by mpharris36 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 2:25 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
Deeeez Knicks wrote:

Scott Perry

ROSTER

Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#114 » by Clyde_Style » Fri Sep 11, 2020 2:30 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:

Scott Perry

Scott Perry's Cat
NewYorkPride85
Senior
And1: 353

Post#115 » by NewYorkPride85 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 3:03 pm

Clyde_Style wrote:

In that recap of the Wizards game he's slashing, navigating, euro stepping, threading the needle, swishing.

All of which is why I think the bias against him is pretty much BS. People talk about him like he has no skills which is nonsense. He can execute if he stays out of his head and just hits the accelerator. He is not slow. He's just not rabbit quick, but he covers ground just as good as the majority of the guards in the league when he shifts gears. Frank was having no problem getting to the rack most of last season. He just needs to do it a lot more.

A confident Frank who plays without hesitation will be a threat. And he is good at hitting people in traffic off his dribble so if you design more PnR actions for him his assist numbers will go up a lot.

You could say the problem with all of our prospects is that they all lack confidence and our last coaching staff made sure they would with how they were played throughout the years. Imagina actually having multiple coaches who actually are known for development AND actually have confidence in them.
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 24,954

Post#116 » by Jeff Van Gully » Fri Sep 11, 2020 4:04 pm

NewYorkPride85 wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:

You could say the problem with all of our prospects is that they all lack confidence and our last coaching staff made sure they would with how they were played throughout the years. Imagina actually having multiple coaches who actually are known for development AND actually have confidence in them.

maximizing frank, DSJ, and knox immediately would be just about the best thing we could accomplish this offseason. i don't care what the record looks like if we are taking care of our pups. i'm also perfectly fine with cutting bait AFTER this has been done, not before.

hopefully this group does that for real and in a hurry. clock already up on the 2 PG prospects.
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
MaseInYourFace
RealGM
And1: 11,272

Post#117 » by MaseInYourFace » Fri Sep 11, 2020 4:50 pm

Zenzibar wrote:
MaseInYourFace wrote:
blanko wrote:Not really, frank is much bigger also. He is an asset to a good team with a scorer. Lets hope rjs jumper improves enough to where he hits mid 30s in his threes( he hit 32% (compared to shootinf 30% in a shorter college line) his first year so lets hope he improves). If frank could just get his % to 34....

Sent from my SM-N960N using Tapatalk

Y'all bugging Frank is way slower than Kyle Lowry. Lowry can boost his speed when he needs to. He has a gear.

Gear? :D
Lowry is fast compared to Frank when dribbling yes, but I bet on a straight run, no ball, Frank will dust him. Lowry is one of the most slickest player in the league, think Sam Cassell.
He's smart as fk, has guile and basketball IQ is in the stratosphere.
But will not outrun 80% of the guards in the league.

He's definitely faster than Frank.
MIAMI HEAT BAF
G- James Harden
G- Malcolm Brogdon
F- Robert Covington
F- Paul Millsap
C- Dwight Howard
Bench: S. Milton, F. Korkmaz, K. Bazemore, D. Oturu, J. McDaniels, A. Caruso, T. Mann
IR: X. Tillman Sr., J. Nwora, E. Hughes,
Dantares
Head Coach
And1: 2,754

Post#118 » by Dantares » Fri Sep 11, 2020 5:44 pm

Ofcourse Frank is the starter right now. Payton is as good as gone and Dennis is well we've discussed Dennis enough, I dont want to pile on the kid anymore.

Even if we do get Conley or CP3 I expect them to both miss 30 games or so and Frank will excel starting with RJ who I expect to transform into the point forward that we all envisioned.
"No protectors here. No Lanterns. No Kryptonian. This world will fall like all the others."

Dantares
Head Coach
And1: 2,754

Post#119 » by Dantares » Fri Sep 11, 2020 5:58 pm

MaseInYourFace wrote:
Zenzibar wrote:
MaseInYourFace wrote:
Y'all bugging Frank is way slower than Kyle Lowry. Lowry can boost his speed when he needs to. He has a gear.

Gear? :D
Lowry is fast compared to Frank when dribbling yes, but I bet on a straight run, no ball, Frank will dust him. Lowry is one of the most slickest player in the league, think Sam Cassell.
He's smart as fk, has guile and basketball IQ is in the stratosphere.
But will not outrun 80% of the guards in the league.

He's definitely faster than Frank.

come on man frank has longer legs and strides. Lowry cannot run the floor and do those chase down blocks like Frank. i know frank may have a 6-7 inch reach advantage on lowry. but 6-7 inches doesnt make up the distance of several feet.
"No protectors here. No Lanterns. No Kryptonian. This world will fall like all the others."

HerSports85
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 28,821

Post#120 » by HerSports85 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 6:12 pm

I just want for a coach to really believe in Frank and give him the opportunity to grow, and not bench him every time he makes a mistake.

With that being said, forget being a backup. Slide RJ to the 3 and Pair him with a Lavine or Beasley that can break the defense down and we’re set.
BAF: Chicago Bulls
2023 In-season tournament Champs

Return to New York Knicks