ImageImageImageImageImage

Kevin Durant says he wanted 'chill' Brooklyn instead of being Knicks 'savior'

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 60,175

Re: Kevin Durant says he wanted 'chill' Brooklyn instead of being Knicks 'savior' 

Post#141 » by Clyde_Style » Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:18 am

BREAKING NEWS:

Hidden Wildlife Camera Captures Bored Nets Fans During Mating Season

DAY CAM:
Spoiler:

NIGHT CAM:
Spoiler:
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 35,838

Re: Kevin Durant says he wanted 'chill' Brooklyn instead of being Knicks 'savior' 

Post#142 » by MrDollarBills » Sun Sep 13, 2020 2:05 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:

Yep, you can't answer it, as I figured. No worries.

your trolling coming in here saying "manhattan" when you damn well know we have always been the New York Knicks and asking us fans how dare we believe we are a FA destination? And you expect me to answer you respectively?

Give me a break.

How was I trolling by saying KD didn't want to play in Manhattan? The Knicks play in Manhattan.

Seriously question, is that really offensive to say? It's the truth. Knicks play in Manhattan, Nets play in Brooklyn. What's the big deal? I came on here just to ask a legit question, not troll.

I asked why Knick fans feel that Kevin Durant should have been obligated to choose the Knicks, not that you guys shouldn't think that your team shouldn't be a free agent destination. Read what i wrote and respond to that instead of inventing strawman arguments and misrepresenting what I actually wrote. Come on now.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#143 » by MrDollarBills » Sun Sep 13, 2020 2:14 pm

Stannis wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:But just reading through this thread, it feels like you guys feel entitled to have someone, nevermind KD, to come to Manhattan and save this franchise. I don't get that part. No one is obligated to sign with any team, especially one with an owner as bad as James Dolan.

Not sure what board your lurking, but the consensus around here is pretty known. Unless the Knicks have a decent team or a star to build around, we don't expect a FA to sign here...

We definitely don't feel obligated that a FA is going to just sign here to "save us. Sure there are some posters that might think that, but they tend to called out a lot.

I get that, no doubt. I was just speaking specifically about this thread, where people are calling KD a bitch or scared because he didnt want to sign with the Knicks, as if he was obligated to do so for some reason. But I understand where you're coming from and that this thread shouldn't be viewed as a microcosm of the base in general.

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#144 » by MrDollarBills » Sun Sep 13, 2020 2:18 pm

knicks78 wrote:My bad, didn't realise it was you lol

Lol sup dude.

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#145 » by MrDollarBills » Sun Sep 13, 2020 2:24 pm

Clyde_Style wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:Here come the bored Nets fans

Nothing beats their stories about the time they saw Jay-Z at a Nets game

Don't forget Beyonce. We were more excited about her being there than Jay.

Anyway yall, it's been fun. Thanks for the back and forth, I meant no ill will I was just curious about the reasoning around the anger at KD. Peace and for God's sake, get rid of Steve Mills.

thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 81,775

Post#146 » by thebuzzardman » Sun Sep 13, 2020 2:34 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:

Anyway yall, it's been fun. Thanks for the back and forth, I meant no ill will I was just curious about the reasoning around the anger at KD. Peace and for God's sake, get rid of Steve Mills.

Uh, dude, he's gone.

Well, promoted to the entertainment arm of MSG, where it's assumed he's not doing any harm to the Knicks. Which I guess isn't a safe assumption.

His hand picked lackey, Scott Perry, is still here.

The polite fans think that's because you need someone with actual real GM (heh) experience to pull the various levers and know how NBA stuff works, while the vision is all Rose/WWW/Perrin/Zanin/Aller etc and also continuity because of timing of new FO in relation to the draft plus the pandemic
The realistic/cynical/less polite fans think Dolan wanted to save a few $ on the cost of a GM since he's paying 40 ex coaches and several executives still.
omerome
RealGM
And1: 7,695

Post#147 » by omerome » Sun Sep 13, 2020 2:36 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

your trolling coming in here saying "manhattan" when you damn well know we have always been the New York Knicks and asking us fans how dare we believe we are a FA destination? And you expect me to answer you respectively?

Give me a break.

How was I trolling by saying KD didn't want to play in Manhattan? The Knicks play in Manhattan.

Seriously question, is that really offensive to say? It's the truth. Knicks play in Manhattan, Nets play in Brooklyn. What's the big deal? I came on here just to ask a legit question, not troll.

I asked why Knick fans feel that Kevin Durant should have been obligated to choose the Knicks, not that you guys shouldn't think that your team shouldn't be a free agent destination. Read what i wrote and respond to that instead of inventing strawman arguments and misrepresenting what I actually wrote. Come on now.

We don't feel obligated to anything. The problem is when news organizations/sports personalities constantly create stories they know will attractive viewership and when the fanbase starts to believe or get optimistic, laugh at them when it doesn't happen. The cycle just repeats itself each year and they enjoy every moment of it.
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 99,634

Post#148 » by mpharris36 » Sun Sep 13, 2020 2:43 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

Give me a break.

Such a troll post

B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
Zenzibar
General Manager
And1: 8,233

Post#149 » by Zenzibar » Sun Sep 13, 2020 2:47 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:

Peace, God and Steve Mills should not be in the same sentence my guy.

It's Leon now:

iLLmatic860
General Manager
And1: 15,164

Post#150 » by iLLmatic860 » Sun Sep 13, 2020 2:51 pm

These nets fans some weirdos lol tryna bait me on the Nets board by posting my quotes from this board
Zenzibar
General Manager

Post#151 » by Zenzibar » Sun Sep 13, 2020 3:00 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

Give me a break.

The Knicks represent New York City but you know that. When was the last time a tourist wanted to travel from Europe just to go to Brooklyn?
:D
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Post#152 » by Paradise » Sun Sep 13, 2020 3:48 pm

Zenzibar wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:

Give me a break.

The Knicks represent New York City but you know that. When was the last time a tourist wanted to travel from Europe just to go to Brooklyn?

Lol What?

Brooklyn averages an estimated 15-20 million visitors per year.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#153 » by MrDollarBills » Sun Sep 13, 2020 5:00 pm

DaT WaVeY RiCaN wrote:These nets fans some weirdos lol tryna bait me on the Nets board by posting my quotes from this board

Fam you took the bait though :lol:

It's all in good fun bro. We ain't got anything else to really talk about til draft night over on our end.

Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 89,957

Post#154 » by Capn'O » Sun Sep 13, 2020 5:16 pm

BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
iLLmatic860
General Manager

Post#155 » by iLLmatic860 » Sun Sep 13, 2020 5:57 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
DaT WaVeY RiCaN wrote:These nets fans some weirdos lol tryna bait me on the Nets board by posting my quotes from this board

It's all in good fun bro. We ain't got anything else to really talk about til draft night over on our end.

I feel ya lol Nets board do seem dead af

How can they take over NY when they cant even take over a message board
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Kevin Durant says he wanted 'chill' Brooklyn instead of being Knicks 'savior' 

Post#156 » by Paradise » Sun Sep 13, 2020 6:18 pm

DaT WaVeY RiCaN wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

Most Nets fans are on NetsDaily or Reddit. Mod reasons. Usually we aren’t permitted to reference their articles...

We can simply take over NY by stable ownership with deep pockets, good culture, likable players, prospects, consistent winning and championship runs.

Taking over arenas, message boards and “I got cap space!” banner are not popping up in the record books for winning, buddy. That is child’s play.
rammagen
Head Coach
And1: 778

Post#157 » by rammagen » Sun Sep 13, 2020 6:20 pm

Just shows KD is P*(*)( an not built for winning great player weak mentally
Quote from ESPN’s Bill Simmons posted on Twitter “28 FT’s to 5. I don’t watch rigged NBA games, I’m switching to hockey”
Zenzibar
General Manager

Post#158 » by Zenzibar » Sun Sep 13, 2020 6:25 pm

Paradise wrote:
Zenzibar wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

Lol What?

Brooklyn averages an estimated 15-20 million visitors per year.

You're right, it's close, if you consider taking photos from the Brooklyn Bridge, looking toward NYC.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/16/nyregion/nyc-tourism-record.html

N.Y. Draws a Record 65 Million Tourists (in Spite of Trump’s Trade War, Many Were Chinese
Zenzibar
General Manager

Post#159 » by Zenzibar » Sun Sep 13, 2020 6:59 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:

The wack part for the Nets is that they have revamped their roster with some All-stars but the arena will be empty due to current times.
Additionally, the team HAS to make a decision on Joe Harris and Jarrett Allen, knocking on the cap level real quick.

It'll be a nice team without a doubt, unless the Knicks decide to give J. Harris an offer. :D
iLLmatic860
General Manager

Post#160 » by iLLmatic860 » Sun Sep 13, 2020 6:59 pm

Paradise wrote:
DaT WaVeY RiCaN wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

Most Nets fans are on NetsDaily or Reddit. Mod reasons. Usually we aren’t permitted to reference their articles...

We can simply take over NY by stable ownership with deep pockets, good culture, likable players, prospects, consistent winning and championship runs.

Taking over arenas, message boards and “I got cap space!” banner are not popping up in the record books for winning, buddy. That is child’s play.

You have a 2 year window my guy. Nets will be back to typical irrelevant Nets in 4 years max

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to New York Knicks