ImageImageImageImageImage

2019-2020 College/Draft thread VIII (Knicks own #8 pick, 10/16 DRAFT) - Picking 8 who do you got???

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

NY Knicks 2020 Draft - Picking 8 you do you got

Killian Hayes
17%
Tyrese Haliburton
12%
Onyeka Okongwu
3%
Cole Anthony
14%
Kira Lewis
12%
Obi Toppin
4%
Devin Vassell
19%
Isaac Okoro
9%
Other (write in)
9%

Total votes: 161

TheGreenArrow
RealGM
And1: 32,946

Re: 2019-2020 College/Draft thread VIII (Knicks own #8 pick, 10/16 DRAFT) - Picking 8 who do you got??? 

Post#1901 » by TheGreenArrow » Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:12 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
TheGreenArrow wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:It makes me want Hayes more instead. Kemba and Murray have way better vision than Coleslaw. Cole Anthony has the court vision of Sexton, which makes him a 6th man.

Oh no I agree with Hayes but I’m being realistic. Hayes won’t be their at 8 so Coles the next best option imo.

Hayes is my clear cut #1

I rather have Kira if Hayes is gone. He can get buckets and is a way better passer than Cole.
Read on Twitter

Not really a fan of kiras game but I can definitely see him in that ilk also.
NewYorkOrNoWhere!!!!!!!!!!!!
rajajackal
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,313

Re: 2019-2020 College/Draft thread VIII (Knicks own #8 pick, 10/16 DRAFT) - Picking 8 who do you got??? 

Post#1902 » by rajajackal » Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:18 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
TheGreenArrow wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:It makes me want Hayes more instead. Kemba and Murray have way better vision than Coleslaw. Cole Anthony has the court vision of Sexton, which makes him a 6th man.

Oh no I agree with Hayes but I’m being realistic. Hayes won’t be their at 8 so Coles the next best option imo.

Hayes is my clear cut #1

I rather have Kira if Hayes is gone. He can get buckets and is a way better passer than Cole.
Read on Twitter

he's also a pleasure to watch. moves so quick and gracefully
WargamesX
General Manager
And1: 6,478

Post#1903 » by WargamesX » Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:29 am

A-Kira could be a monster...... just saying
Matthew 6:5
Luke 15:3-7
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,450

Post#1904 » by HarthorneWingo » Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:30 am

We need a poll for the 27th pick
Free Palestine
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,450

Post#1905 » by HarthorneWingo » Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:31 am

WargamesX wrote:A-Kira could be a monster...... just saying

But he'll get eaten up on defense when they run him off PnRs and screens all day long.
Free Palestine
HEZI
RealGM
And1: 26,893

Post#1906 » by HEZI » Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:35 am

Everything about Kira Lewis screams average at best. There's nothing about his game that is really impressive other than he has quickness but that will only get you so far in the NBA. Don't see the upside with him at all. Cole is better no doubt about it. Would take Tre Jones and Cassius Winston before taking Kira. Kira is a slashing guard, meh pass on that, no thanks.
DENVER NUGGETS
Kyrie Irving/Josh Green/Dennis Schroder
Demar Derozan/Gordon Hayward/Amir Coffey
Torrey Craig/Gary Harris/Cedi Osman
Jarace Walker/Larry Nance Jr./Dominick Barlow
Xavier Tillman/Charles Bassey/Nick Richards
Juco24
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,098

Post#1907 » by Juco24 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:51 am

Fansided has us selecting Vassell, Bane and.... Zeke Nnaji. Hhmmmm. Had never heard about Nnaji but apparently he's a PF that can spread the floor.

I like Bane but thinking a PG needs to be selected. Interesting mock
WargamesX
General Manager
And1: 6,478

Post#1908 » by WargamesX » Mon Sep 14, 2020 2:02 am

HEZI wrote:Everything about Kira Lewis screams average at best. There's nothing about his game that is really impressive other than he has quickness but that will only get you so far in the NBA. Don't see the upside with him at all. Cole is better no doubt about it. Would take Tre Jones and Cassius Winston before taking Kira. Kira is a slashing guard, meh pass on that, no thanks.

I am sorry but your way of base.

First off speed kills, especially at point.

Second he has no outright scary flaws to his game beside needing to gain weight and experience. Can dribble and score with both hands, pass out the PnR, shoot the 3, not slow, he plays defense, and he has PG vision already. On the low he might be the PG with the least need of a “mentor” this draft and just needs coaching.

His age would have him as a Freshmen most drafts, and he played 37 minutes a game and didn’t miss a single game so Thibs can play him heavy as needed.

I am legit surprised the level of resistance he is getting from people. He’s the clear 4th best PG in this draft.
Matthew 6:5
Luke 15:3-7
robillionaire
RealGM
And1: 48,041

Post#1909 » by robillionaire » Mon Sep 14, 2020 2:21 am

i'm not very high on kira, I could see him topping out as a darren collison backup tier pg, definitely not going to be fox

i wouldn't mind it if we ended up with some kind of mid-1st but I wouldn't pick 8th
Dantares
Head Coach
And1: 2,754

Post#1910 » by Dantares » Mon Sep 14, 2020 2:30 am

Interesting takes on Kira. if you can shoot and you have speed you should be able to excel at the next level especially with Thibs who likes to run those high pick and rolls with small guards. He is 6'3 the kid just needs to gain some weight. The advanced stats posted earlier support that he was able to breakdown the defense and get easy shots for his teammates

Cole is interesting because his iso efficiency is so high and he can actually shoot pretty good. its just his finishing is awful. I think Both Kira and Cole have under-rated star potential.
"No protectors here. No Lanterns. No Kryptonian. This world will fall like all the others."

RHODEY
RealGM
And1: 19,286

Post#1911 » by RHODEY » Mon Sep 14, 2020 2:38 am

rajajackal wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
TheGreenArrow wrote:

Hayes is my clear cut #1

Read on Twitter

he's also a pleasure to watch. moves so quick and gracefully

Righ he has something that you cant teach...Blazing speed.
RHODEY
RealGM

Post#1912 » by RHODEY » Mon Sep 14, 2020 2:52 am

HEZI wrote:Everything about Kira Lewis screams average at best. There's nothing about his game that is really impressive other than he has quickness but that will only get you so far in the NBA. Don't see the upside with him at all. Cole is better no doubt about it. Would take Tre Jones and Cassius Winston before taking Kira. Kira is a slashing guard, meh pass on that, no thanks.

The facts say that almost everything about Kira screams better than Cole:

https://bballwriters.com/nba-draft/2020-nba-draft-do-you-take-kira-lewis-or-cole-anthony/

Player "B" is Kira. Player "A" is cole.

Kira is also younger.

Cole has shot creation and hype on his side...that's about it.
RHODEY
RealGM

Post#1913 » by RHODEY » Mon Sep 14, 2020 2:55 am

WargamesX wrote:

Second he has no outright scary flaws to his game beside needing to gain weight and experience. Can dribble and score with both hands, pass out the PnR, shoot the 3, not slow, he plays defense, and he has PG vision already. On the low he might be the PG with the least need of a “mentor” this draft and just needs coaching.

His age would have him as a Freshmen most drafts, and he played 37 minutes a game and didn’t miss a single game so Thibs can play him heavy as needed.

I am legit surprised the level of resistance he is getting from people. He’s the clear 4th best PG in this draft.

3rd best at least in my bookand Lamelo is either boom or bust but for know he cant really shoot.
jermsknicks
Senior
And1: 254

Post#1914 » by jermsknicks » Mon Sep 14, 2020 3:49 am

RHODEY wrote:

https://bballwriters.com/nba-draft/2020-nba-draft-do-you-take-kira-lewis-or-cole-anthony/

Kira is also younger.

Very true, the hype is real with Cole. Some team might pick him before 8 based on the hype. I am just hoping he doesn't turn out like Austin Rivers.

I am higher on Kira based on his passing ability. You could see he played in a pro type offense where he is either driving and kicking for the open 3 or making nice cross court passes. He isn't DA Fox fast, but has some speed.

We also know, everyone can't play in NYC. RJ is up for the task and I think Cole would actually fit better next to RJ. I could see Cole creating his own jumpsuit off the dribble...where Kira's 3's are more after spotting up.
HEZI
RealGM

Post#1915 » by HEZI » Mon Sep 14, 2020 3:55 am

WargamesX wrote:

I don't agree with most of this. Speed is only effective in transition. In the halfcourt you better have a lot more than that. His jumper is very flat, he struggles finishing left, he lacks floor leadership, he often makes lazy and careless mistakes, overall he is extremely flawed for the next level. He's very much like DSJ
DENVER NUGGETS
HEZI
RealGM

Post#1916 » by HEZI » Mon Sep 14, 2020 4:00 am

RHODEY wrote:

Kira is also younger.

Yeah sorry that aint gonna do it for me. Aaron Holiday had way better numbers than that and he's nothing but an average NBA guard. Some dudes just don't got "It" when it comes to making it big on the next level and Kira just has that vibe about him. Nothing that really says high potential NBA player.

Like I said, I'd rather take a chance on Cole and use the later pick on a more proven floor general with the later pick as a fall back option, like Winston or Tre Jones.
DENVER NUGGETS
iLLmatic860
General Manager
And1: 15,260

Post#1917 » by iLLmatic860 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 4:14 am

How about we trade down for Lamelo and trade for Cp3 to mentor Lamelo

Move RJ to the 3

Cp3
Lamelo
Rj
Gallo or carmelo/ taj
Mitch
Yuri Vaultin
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 14,269

Post#1918 » by Yuri Vaultin » Mon Sep 14, 2020 4:38 am

DaT WaVeY RiCaN wrote:How about we trade down for Lamelo and trade for Cp3 to mentor Lamelo

Move RJ to the 3

Cp3
Lamelo
Rj
Gallo or carmelo/ taj
Mitch

Can a team actually compete and win with a lead guard that shoots the basketball with far less accuracy than a storm trooper?
Props to Turbo_Zone for the sig.
Dantares
Head Coach
And1: 2,754

Post#1919 » by Dantares » Mon Sep 14, 2020 5:00 am

Yuri Vaultin wrote:
DaT WaVeY RiCaN wrote:How about we trade down for Lamelo and trade for Cp3 to mentor Lamelo

Move RJ to the 3

Cp3
Lamelo
Rj
Gallo or carmelo/ taj
Mitch

Can a team actually compete and win with a lead guard that shoots the basketball with far less accuracy than a storm trooper?

:lol:
"No protectors here. No Lanterns. No Kryptonian. This world will fall like all the others."

RHODEY
RealGM

Post#1920 » by RHODEY » Mon Sep 14, 2020 5:42 am

jermsknicks wrote:
RHODEY wrote:

Kira is also younger.

Very true, the hype is real with Cole. Some team might pick him before 8 based on the hype. I am just hoping he doesn't turn out like Austin Rivers.

Stats dont exactly back that up.

I am higher on Kira based on his passing ability. You could see he played in a pro type offense where he is either driving and kicking for the open 3 or making nice cross court passes. He isn't DA Fox fast, but has some speed.

Dude is one of the fastest if not he fastest in the draft - his speed has been compared favorably to John Wall and Fox.

We also know, everyone can't play in NYC. RJ is up for the task and I think Cole would actually fit better next to RJ. I could see Cole creating his own jumpsuit off the dribble...where Kira's 3's are more after spotting up.

He's a dog Ill give him that.

Return to New York Knicks