ImageImageImageImageImage

PG: Still the CHAMPS!

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Live Free
General Manager
And1: 2,836

Re: PG: Still the CHAMPS! 

Post#741 » by Live Free » Sun Sep 13, 2020 6:27 pm

Basketball_Jones wrote:
MFS wrote:I noticed this trend of people saying "yeah we lost but we still won the 2019 championships. Still champs."

If you ask someone like Tom Brady on what his favorite championship is. He would say the next one. Success is a journey not a destination, we need to stop always trying to point back to the past we need to look forward and build from that title.

As a player, yes. As a fan...meh. Commitment will differ person to person. As a long timer like myself, I’m satisfied. Disappointed our fully healthy team is inferior to the Celtics, but the days of being so upset or (in my case) having resentment towards certain players and management is not energy I need anymore.

Don't do that ... if you have enough to log in and post the least you can do is tell us how you really feel.. especially after seeing it all.

In all my darrick murrays I've never seen an abysmal atrocious disappointing primo colangelical disheartening mo shats performance than the series pascal had.. dude got 200mil and couldn't give us 20pts
Basketball_Jones
RealGM
And1: 16,752

Post#742 » by Basketball_Jones » Sun Sep 13, 2020 6:54 pm

Live Free wrote:
Basketball_Jones wrote:
MFS wrote:I noticed this trend of people saying "yeah we lost but we still won the 2019 championships. Still champs."

If you ask someone like Tom Brady on what his favorite championship is. He would say the next one. Success is a journey not a destination, we need to stop always trying to point back to the past we need to look forward and build from that title.

As a player, yes. As a fan...meh. Commitment will differ person to person. As a long timer like myself, I’m satisfied. Disappointed our fully healthy team is inferior to the Celtics, but the days of being so upset or (in my case) having resentment towards certain players and management is not energy I need anymore.

Don't do that ... if you have enough to log in and post the least you can do is tell us how you really feel.. especially after seeing it all.

In all my darrick murrays I've never seen an abysmal atrocious disappointing primo colangelical disheartening mo shats performance than the series pascal had.. dude got 200mil and couldn't give us 20pts

Oh believe me, Pascal makes my blood boil. If he plays just average we could have won this series. It’s maddening. But I have no aspirations for multi titles and the emotional commitment to live and die by basketball anymore. It is entertainment now for me, not life consuming.
2019 Eastern Conference All Stars

Derozan
Lowry
Ibaka
Valanciunas
Van Vleet
Delon Wright
Lebron
Embiid

There are only 2 teams in the league that rank in the top 6 in offensive and defensive efficiency: the Golden State Warriors and the Toronto Raptors.
sycammer
Head Coach
And1: 1,304

Post#743 » by sycammer » Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:23 pm

I haven't watched anybody up of any espn or tnt , just don’t feel like that as they were rooting against the raptors
What they say about the raptors?
Oakley:

"What's going on the league today? It ain't nothing hard, they don't practice any more, they just go around the court doing nothing."
aj174
Senior
And1: 900

Post#744 » by aj174 » Sun Sep 13, 2020 9:37 pm

I'm not gonna lie, I've seen this team lose and win since the Bosh days, seeing the Leafs lose up 4-1 in game 7 years ago. Last year was a dream come true and this year was good too..but damn man. That was our game to win and we still lost, it bothers me more than i want to admit. I guess it'll take time.

I just saw Kyle's post game presser and I'm like damn man..we really stunk it up. I feel that OG's buzzer beater was wasted and that epic game 6 was too. I won't be able to watch the highlights in a series where we lost. Idk man

I'll be alright in a week but hey this is the price you pay when you're a diehard
Jay240
Sixth Man
And1: 594

Post#745 » by Jay240 » Sun Sep 13, 2020 10:06 pm

I understand being upset, it's never easy when your team gets eliminated. But come on, they blew us out the water 2 times, we won one game on a lucky shot, another game we needed 2 overtimes.

Boston had our number all season and this series could have been over in 4 or 5 games. The Raptors took it to game 7 and lost by a small margin.

They might be tired going up against a well rested and hot Miami. So maybe they'll end up losing we can feel a bit better seeing them go down.

Or they can maybe go all the way... then you can say we took the eventual champs to seven.

Also there shouldn't be any Pascal slander. He didn't play well, actually he played awful.

But he didn't do it on purpose and he probably feels worse than we do. He'll move forward and so should we.
RealGM
And1: 66,480

Post#746 » by 720 » Sun Sep 13, 2020 10:45 pm

Jay240 wrote:I understand being upset, it's never easy when your team gets eliminated. But come on, they blew us out the water 2 times, we won one game on a lucky shot, another game we needed 2 overtimes.

Boston had our number all season and this series could have been over in 4 or 5 games. The Raptors took it to game 7 and lost by a small margin.

They might be tired going up against a well rested and hot Miami. So maybe they'll end up losing we can feel a bit better seeing them go down.

Or they can maybe go all the way... then you can say we took the eventual champs to seven.

Also there shouldn't be any Pascal slander. He didn't play well, actually he played awful.

But he didn't do it on purpose and he probably feels worse than we do. He'll move forward and so should we.

Why are you trying to spin it like we got lucky? Siakam was ass, despite that this team took it to game 7. It's okay to be mad.
will
RealGM
And1: 49,385
Location: Pat's Homestyle Jamaican Restaurant. Shouts to Sheryl's Caribbean Cuisine

Post#747 » by will » Sun Sep 13, 2020 11:43 pm

OOF.

Still stings watching the last few minutes there.
aj174
Senior
And1: 900

Post#748 » by aj174 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:04 am

We scored 16 points in the 4th and they scored 20. We really deserved to lose for sure...but 16?!!! Cmon man.

Boston was the toughest team to face in the east, I really think we take Miami down
Jay240
Sixth Man
And1: 594

Post#749 » by Jay240 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:36 am

720 wrote:
Jay240 wrote:I understand being upset, it's never easy when your team gets eliminated. But come on, they blew us out the water 2 times, we won one game on a lucky shot, another game we needed 2 overtimes.

Why are you trying to spin it like we got lucky? Siakam was ass, despite that this team took it to game 7. It's okay to be mad.

I'm not spinning it any way other than how it is. Read what I wrote again. The only thing I said that was lucky was OG's buzzer beater.
gregdj
Starter
And1: 251

Post#750 » by gregdj » Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:51 am

I dont care what anyone says... Siakam has to go. How do you take a huge contract and not even blood clat practice with all that time on your hands? I'll forgive FVV even though he was trying to play hero since there was so much liability on the court. There needs to be a shake up for the next season. This was embarrassing
ItsDanger
RealGM
And1: 22,000

Post#751 » by ItsDanger » Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:51 am

Fred shot 34.8% on 135 shots in this series but escapes a lot of criticism. Siakam shot 38.2% on 110 shots. Truth is they were both terrible.
Organization can be defined as an organized body of people with a particular purpose. Not random.
GooniesNeverDie
RealGM
And1: 11,170

Post#752 » by GooniesNeverDie » Mon Sep 14, 2020 2:08 am

gregdj wrote:I dont care what anyone says... Siakam has to go. How do you take a huge contract and not even blood clat practice with all that time on your hands? I'll forgive FVV even though he was trying to play hero since there was so much liability on the court. There needs to be a shake up for the next season. This was embarrassing
embarrassing how? we lost kawhi and were expected to be a first round exit (by many on this board too). they went to the 4th quarter of game 7 with an excellent Boston team who was honestly a poor matchup for us.

proud of the guys even if they struggled at times.

Sent from my SM-G960F using RealGM mobile app
Ackshun
General Manager
And1: 4,599

Post#753 » by Ackshun » Mon Sep 14, 2020 2:40 am

ItsDanger wrote:Fred shot 34.8% on 135 shots in this series but escapes a lot of criticism. Siakam shot 38.2% on 110 shots. Truth is they were both terrible.

Yeah I'm a bit confused on that front.

FVV's usage was off the charts, yet was absolutely horrendous. I mean, it's not his fault he is outsized against teams like Boston and Philly. But we need to accept it and decide what it is moving forward. We can't afford to run two 6 footers out there for 35+ minutes. The league isn't build that way.

I hate FVV right now, but every day that passes, I realize more and more that we 're bringing him back. There are no other worthy guards available in this year's free agency. Perhaps sliding him to the full time PG is what we need, so we can pair him with size. I don't know.

We're ****. But we're also not ****
ItsDanger
RealGM
And1: 22,000

Post#754 » by ItsDanger » Mon Sep 14, 2020 2:56 am

This roster was 21-7 pre bubble with only one of Kyle & Fred playing this past season. I think Fred will be OK once we just have 1 PG in starting lineup (plus I feel Norm is better with only one of them out there). To me, its a liability vs good teams as well as Siakam being inconsistent there (mostly vs good defensive 4's). I still do NOT want any overpayment on him. The guard position is by far the deepest in talent. I wonder if we're at best just going to be treading water next season. Other teams are going to improve.
Organization can be defined as an organized body of people with a particular purpose. Not random.
Groat
Ballboy
And1: 7

Post#755 » by Groat » Mon Sep 14, 2020 2:58 am

Kawhi may just very well suffer the same fate.

If this happens, despite of supposedly being on a better team, then the notion that the championship was only because of the fun guy is discredited to say the least.

Lets see what happens.

Sent from my SM-G973W using RealGM mobile app
akiman911
Pro Prospect
And1: 785

Post#756 » by akiman911 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 6:06 am

aj174 wrote:We scored 16 points in the 4th and they scored 20. We really deserved to lose for sure...but 16?!!! Cmon man.

Boston was the toughest team to face in the east, I really think we take Miami down

We didn't even play them at close to full strength. Missing another key starter and wing scorer. No chance with Hayward lol

Sent from my Nokia 3310 using Tapatalk
"With that shot he exceeded his 2 ppg average"
Heat announcers on Patrick McCaw (after a made 3) March 10, 2019.
HeadtopChunes
Head Coach
And1: 10,224

Post#757 » by HeadtopChunes » Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:51 pm

ItsDanger wrote:This roster was 21-7 pre bubble with only one of Kyle & Fred playing this past season. I think Fred will be OK once we just have 1 PG in starting lineup (plus I feel Norm is better with only one of them out there). To me, its a liability vs good teams as well as Siakam being inconsistent there (mostly vs good defensive 4's). I still do NOT want any overpayment on him. The guard position is by far the deepest in talent. I wonder if we're at best just going to be treading water next season. Other teams are going to improve.

i think for Fred to work you need 2 ballhandlers in the lineup
WuTang_OG
RealGM
And1: 43,402

Post#758 » by WuTang_OG » Mon Sep 14, 2020 4:35 pm

Great fight with Boston. Tough matchup for us.

We will be ok and in good hands to keep building.
DIEHARD_005
Starter
And1: 902

Post#759 » by DIEHARD_005 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 4:58 pm

aj174 wrote:I'm not gonna lie, I've seen this team lose and win since the Bosh days, seeing the Leafs lose up 4-1 in game 7 years ago. Last year was a dream come true and this year was good too..but damn man. That was our game to win and we still lost, it bothers me more than i want to admit. I guess it'll take time.

I just saw Kyle's post game presser and I'm like damn man..we really stunk it up. I feel that OG's buzzer beater was wasted and that epic game 6 was too. I won't be able to watch the highlights in a series where we lost. Idk man

I'll be alright in a week but hey this is the price you pay when you're a diehard

Yeah, this summarizes most of how I feel - maybe thats why I have DIEHARD in my handle lol. Except the Leafs part, haven't cared about the Leafs since before the 2005 lockout.

Can't be brought to watch the postgame pressers, still too raw for me. Also won't be tuning into anymore of the playoffs - its not us there and with a newborn at home while continuing to WFH, I have enough on my plate.

The most unfullfilling part for me though is not knowing when the 20/21 season will start - in a normal year we know the motions between the draft, free agency, the dog days of August and training camp. We are staring into a dark hole now which is uncomforting.
Matty
General Manager
And1: 18,357

Post#760 » by Matty » Mon Sep 14, 2020 6:39 pm

aj174 wrote:We scored 16 points in the 4th and they scored 20. We really deserved to lose for sure...but 16?!!! Cmon man.

We lost to the best team in the East IMO. If they can handle all that we gave them and survive I don't think Miami can scare them, especially when Hayward returns.

It would take a complete no show from 2 of the 3 (Tatum, Walker, and Brown), the likes of what Siakam did, for the Heat to go to the finals. But the series will go the distance regardless.

Return to Toronto Raptors