Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

KGdaBom
RealGM
And1: 4,801

Re: Hire Nate McMillan? 

Post#41 » by KGdaBom » Thu Sep 3, 2020 3:41 am

Midw35t wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:
IceManBK1 wrote:we could just hire nate as defensive asst coach...not saying we gotta fire Ryan Saunders lol

We do have to fire Saunders.

I think he deserves this next year. I'd be hard pressed not to jump on Atkinson if he was interested though.

He's my #1 if Rosas doesn't think Saunders is the answer.

I still hold out on believing in Rosas until after this offseason. It will be very telling of him.

I personally do not want to see Rockets version 2 here.

Agreed. No Rockets North.
Neeva
Head Coach
And1: 2,186

Post#42 » by Neeva » Wed Sep 9, 2020 9:08 am

Donovan?
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#43 » by KGdaBom » Wed Sep 9, 2020 1:44 pm

Neeva wrote:Donovan?

Better than Saunders.
minimus
RealGM
And1: 3,713

Post#44 » by minimus » Wed Sep 9, 2020 2:34 pm

Well... Sam Presti has done an excellent job as GM. CP3 saved OKC season. Donovan? An average coach tbh.
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#45 » by KGdaBom » Wed Sep 9, 2020 2:57 pm

minimus wrote:

Well... Sam Presti has done an excellent job as GM. CP3 saved OKC season. Donovan? An average coach tbh.

He's Average? Huge step up. Hire him immediately. I would have settled for subpar.
Dewey
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,019

Post#46 » by Dewey » Wed Sep 9, 2020 3:05 pm

Saunders is as good as the next guy until we have a competent roster and bench ... coaching changes do not equate to teams suddenly making chicken salad out of chicken ****. Gotta have the players before you can truly evaluate a coach. In reality, we could suggest there is far more pressure on Rosas to continue building the roster.

I always admire suggestions to hire a coach who can teach defense ... really? Yes, Ryan needs to step up his game when it comes to overall player accountability. For example: Player A chooses not to commit to defense = Coach chooses not to commit minutes to Player A. You need a bench to legitimately pull the "next man up" philosophy. The greatest coach in the world cannot teach/coach defense without player accountability.
Flip response to Love wanting out, "He has no reason to be upset, you're either a part of the problem or a part of the solution"
Neeva
Head Coach

Post#47 » by Neeva » Wed Sep 9, 2020 5:34 pm

minimus wrote:

I think Presti is more lucky than good.
minimus
RealGM

Post#48 » by minimus » Wed Sep 9, 2020 5:58 pm

Neeva wrote:
minimus wrote:

I think Presti is more lucky than good.

Kind of agree. He drafted well, his trades have been solid. I'd say coaching and some decision were questionable.
shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,519

Post#49 » by shrink » Sun Sep 13, 2020 11:42 pm

Nobody is going to talk about what our team would look like with D’Antonio as our coach?

Sure it’s unrealistic, but if people can make Giannis-to-MIN deals, it has to be more realistic than that.
cupcakesnake wrote:I know a lot of people haven't seen him play, but no one is forcing you to make up an opinion and post it.
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#50 » by KGdaBom » Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:15 am

shrink wrote:Nobody is going to talk about what our team would look like with D’Antonio as our coach?

Sure it’s unrealistic, but if people can make Giannis-to-MIN deals, it has to be more realistic than that.

Why not. We can continue as Houston North. Probably removes all possibility of drafting Wiseman or Okongwu.
Neeva
Head Coach

Post#51 » by Neeva » Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:09 am

If wolves are serious about making the playoffs next season, get D’Antoni!
Jedzz
RealGM
And1: 2,506

Post#52 » by Jedzz » Mon Sep 14, 2020 3:54 am

KGdaBom wrote:
shrink wrote:Nobody is going to talk about what our team would look like with D’Antonio as our coach?

Why not. We can continue as Houston North. Probably removes all possibility of drafting Wiseman or Okongwu.

D'Antoni might have different views now after watching Lebron and Ad dismantle his team.
southern wolf
General Manager
And1: 2,163

Post#53 » by southern wolf » Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:54 am

Kind of wishing we let Saunders go now with all these guys available. I'd love to have D'Antoni, Donovan or McMillan as coach. Problem would be we might only get our third preference with the Sixers and Indy jobs looking more lucrative. The Zion factor will make the New Orleans job popular too. I wouldn't want to coach a young team in the West at the moment.
Neeva
Head Coach

Post#54 » by Neeva » Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:14 am

southern wolf wrote:Kind of wishing we let Saunders go now with all these guys available. I'd love to have D'Antoni, Donovan or McMillan as coach. Problem would be we might only get our third preference with the Sixers and Indy jobs looking more lucrative. The Zion factor will make the New Orleans job popular too. I wouldn't want to coach a young team in the West at the moment.

Gotta wait to see what the new ownership will want as well and not sure if those coaches will be patient. Don’t want Donovan though.
packforfreedom
Analyst
And1: 4,020

Post#55 » by packforfreedom » Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:12 pm

The only one I'd replace Ryan with now is D'Antoni. without hesitation.
Rookie-Mistake
Rookie
And1: 390

Post#56 » by Rookie-Mistake » Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:19 pm

I can't stand watching his very large, white, teeth.
Neeva wrote:If wolves are serious about making the playoffs next season, get D’Antoni!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using RealGM mobile app
UnFadeable21
Veteran
And1: 837

Post#57 » by UnFadeable21 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 4:13 pm

I agree that Ryan Saunders sucks and we have the worst coach in the NBA. We are outschemed every night and it’s not close. Pretty surprising that Rosas would be his tenure on Ryan but I bet Glen told him to keep Ryan as well.
shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,519

Post#58 » by shrink » Mon Sep 14, 2020 5:02 pm

UnFadeable21 wrote:I agree that Ryan Saunders sucks and we have the worst coach in the NBA. We are outschemed every night and it’s not close. Pretty surprising that Rosas would be his tenure on Ryan but I bet Glen told him to keep Ryan as well.

I put this on Rosas, not Saunders. I feel Rosas is trying to implement a system, and there was no variation this season to try to get it in place. Remember Rosas saying last off-season that it wasn’t about wins and losses, and that they weren’t going to play two bigs, even against the biggest teams where it made sense, because “we wanted other teams to adjust to us, not have us adjust to them?”

I don’t think Saunders was given an inch of latitude to scheme. And I don’t think Glen had the final say on Ryan staying, I felt Rosas wanted someone who would be loyal and stick with his system, even though it would lead to losses for now.

Finally, I am not an X and O’s guy, but I still think the system is the right one to maximize Towns - we have just had rotten personnel to run it. Add in KAT’s unwillingness to not stay in the defensive system, and his desire to chase the ball. Neither of these things really fall on Saunders, so my opinion on him as a in-game coach right now is .. To Be Determined.

In his favor is that Towns seems to love him and the locker room seems much better, but he needs to start showing wins this year, or he could lose even that.
cupcakesnake wrote:I know a lot of people haven't seen him play, but no one is forcing you to make up an opinion and post it.
minimus
RealGM

Hire Nate McMillan? 

Post#59 » by minimus » Mon Sep 14, 2020 5:41 pm

UnFadeable21 wrote:I agree that Ryan Saunders sucks and we have the worst coach in the NBA. We are outschemed every night and it’s not close. Pretty surprising that Rosas would be his tenure on Ryan but I bet Glen told him to keep Ryan as well.

That's simply not true. First, we are not 'outschemed'. Moreover, MIN + Iowa teams play the SAME offense. KAT continues to improve, Beasley, Juancho, JMac flourish with this scheme. Ryan missed a few rotations, a few clutch plays were executed perfectly, but he is always prepared, he develops young players, he is connected with them. Second, this is a non sense about Glen making basketball decisions instead of Rosas. There is no single fact about it. I wish Glen fired Thibs long before he interrupted Butler curcus. Thibs who messed Wiggins contract extension, planted a bomb that explored during Butler era. Finally, I can name another team with such a bad roster that has been constantly rebuilt with worse record. They have with Green, Curry/DLo/Wiggins, they have a brilliant basketball mind in Kerr. Maybe they should just fire Steve?
UnFadeable21
Veteran
And1: 837

Post#60 » by UnFadeable21 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:15 pm

minimus wrote:

That's simply not true. First, we are not 'outschemed'. Moreover, MIN + Iowa teams play the SAME offense. KAT continues to improve, Beasley, Juancho, JMac flourish with this scheme. Ryan missed a few rotations, a few clutch plays were executed perfectly, but he is always prepared, he develops young players, he is connected with them. Second, this is a non sense about Glen making basketball decisions instead of Rosas. There is no single fact about it. I wish Glen fired Thibs long before he interrupted Butler curcus. Thibs who messed Wiggins contract extension, planted a bomb that explored during Butler era. Finally, I can name another team with such a bad roster that has been constantly rebuilt with worse record. They have with Green, Curry/DLo/Wiggins, they have a brilliant basketball mind in Kerr. Maybe they should just fire Steve?

If Ryan’s last name was a Ryan Anderson, he wouldn’t be a head coach in the NbA. That’s a fact. He has no head coaching experience or any experience playing basketball at a high level.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves