ImageImageImageImageImage

Kevin Durant says he wanted 'chill' Brooklyn instead of being Knicks 'savior'

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,745

Re: Kevin Durant says he wanted 'chill' Brooklyn instead of being Knicks 'savior' 

Post#161 » by MrDollarBills » Sun Sep 13, 2020 9:42 pm

Zenzibar wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
DaT WaVeY RiCaN wrote:These nets fans some weirdos lol tryna bait me on the Nets board by posting my quotes from this board

Fam you took the bait though :lol:

It's all in good fun bro. We ain't got anything else to really talk about til draft night over on our end.

The wack part for the Nets is that they have revamped their roster with some All-stars but the arena will be empty due to current times.
Additionally, the team HAS to make a decision on Joe Harris and Jarrett Allen, knocking on the cap level real quick.

It'll be a nice team without a doubt, unless the Knicks decide to give J. Harris an offer. :D

Joe Harris is going nowhere. With Allen, I'm not sure what the Nets will do.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,745

Re: Kevin Durant says he wanted 'chill' Brooklyn instead of being Knicks 'savior' 

Post#162 » by MrDollarBills » Sun Sep 13, 2020 9:46 pm

Capn'O wrote:Image

:lol: !!!
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Post#163 » by Paradise » Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:15 am

Zenzibar wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
DaT WaVeY RiCaN wrote:These nets fans some weirdos lol tryna bait me on the Nets board by posting my quotes from this board

It's all in good fun bro. We ain't got anything else to really talk about til draft night over on our end.

The wack part for the Nets is that they have revamped their roster with some All-stars but the arena will be empty due to current times.
Additionally, the team HAS to make a decision on Joe Harris and Jarrett Allen, knocking on the cap level real quick.

It'll be a nice team without a doubt, unless the Knicks decide to give J. Harris an offer. :D

But both sides want an extension and we have bird rights...

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Again, what’s so appealing about a Knicks offer?
Paradise

Post#164 » by Paradise » Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:17 am

Zenzibar wrote:
Paradise wrote:
Zenzibar wrote:

The Knicks represent New York City but you know that. When was the last time a tourist wanted to travel from Europe just to go to Brooklyn?
:D

Lol What?

Brooklyn averages an estimated 15-20 million visitors per year.

You're right, it's close, if you consider taking photos from the Brooklyn Bridge, looking toward NYC.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/16/nyregion/nyc-tourism-record.html

N.Y. Draws a Record 65 Million Tourists (in Spite of Trump’s Trade War, Many Were Chinese

Lol

Dude, Brooklyn is the largest populated borough. That number of tourist attraction includes Brooklyn.
Paradise

Post#165 » by Paradise » Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:30 am

DaT WaVeY RiCaN wrote:
Paradise wrote:
DaT WaVeY RiCaN wrote:I feel ya lol Nets board do seem dead af

How can they take over NY when they cant even take over a message board

Most Nets fans are on NetsDaily or Reddit. Mod reasons. Usually we aren’t permitted to reference their articles...

We can simply take over NY by stable ownership with deep pockets, good culture, likable players, prospects, consistent winning and championship runs.

Taking over arenas, message boards and “I got cap space!” banner are not popping up in the record books for winning, buddy. That is child’s play.

You have a 2 year window my guy. Nets will be back to typical irrelevant Nets in 4 years max

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

More like 4-6 window when considering Kyrie at 28, Caris at 26, Allen at 23, Dinwiddie at 28 or the strong possibility of flipping them for a third star in their prime but KD has come out recently and stated that he doesn’t believe too much in Big 3s right now. So, I highly doubt we’ll make an all in trade unless ownership wants it.

You also have to consider our nack for developing talent and unless we unload tons of picks for someone like Embiid, Beal, etc we will still have a bright future and a extremely stable G-League farm system set up. Dinwiddie, TLC, Kurucs, Chiozza, Prince all spent time there and look at them now. Next up, Jaylen Hands.

Nets FO is already looking forward to the double draft in 2022.

All of that is expected to coalesce with the 2022 draft, as savvy NBA teams have already positioned their franchises to exploit a draft with unprecedented depth. Atlanta, Brooklyn, Cleveland, Memphis, New Orleans and Oklahoma City are positioned for multiple first-round picks, pending the complications from pick protections. (Oklahoma City could have as many as three first-round picks, provided they stay in the lottery and depending where Denver finishes.)

“I’ve been telling NBA teams for two years: Get as many 2022 picks as you can,” said an industry source plugged into the grassroots level. “You have two classes worth of guys who are going to be in there. If you get the 25th pick in the draft, you get a kid who would have been a lottery pick the following year.”

https://sports.yahoo.com/why-the-2022-nba-draft-will-be-generationally-loaded-022747270.html
robillionaire
RealGM
And1: 48,354

Post#166 » by robillionaire » Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:35 am

even when i lived in downtown brooklyn i rooted for the knicks. i don't hate brooklyn like some do though. i'd rather see them win than teams like boston or philly. if they made it to a finals i'd probably support them like i would any other team in this city. that said KD makes that quite difficult as he is a highly unlikable personality
Zenzibar
General Manager
And1: 8,335

Post#167 » by Zenzibar » Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:37 am

Paradise wrote:
Zenzibar wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

But both sides want an extension and we have bird rights...

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Again, what’s so appealing about a Knicks offer?

Thank you for sharing the love fest between Joe and Sean Marks, until the Nets put the money on the table it's open season for Harris.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2892937-nba-free-agency-2020-predictions-for-brandon-ingram-joe-harris-more
Durant and Irving are set to account for a combined $73,438,050 in cap space for the 2020-21 campaign, and Harris will command much more than the approximately $7.7 million contract he's playing on this season. If Harris wants to play alongside Durant and Irving, he will likely have to do so on a shorter, team-friendly deal.
"Prediction: Harris will opt for a larger contract elsewhere."

I would say to Joe Harris, go get that money baby.

BTW, what's the plan for Jarrett Allen?
Stop All Genocides
Zenzibar
General Manager
And1: 8,335

Post#168 » by Zenzibar » Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:49 am

Paradise wrote:
Zenzibar wrote:
Paradise wrote:Lol What?

You're right, it's close, if you consider taking photos from the Brooklyn Bridge, looking toward NYC.

N.Y. Draws a Record 65 Million Tourists (in Spite of Trump’s Trade War, Many Were Chinese

Lol

Dude, Brooklyn is the largest populated borough. That number of tourist attraction includes Brooklyn.

Largest population of tourists? What are we talking about?

Listen Brooklyn is legit; nice brownstones, great cultural vibes etc. People living here can appreciate it.

However, NYC competes on an International level not borough level.
Stop All Genocides
god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 126,912

Post#169 » by god shammgod » Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:06 am

just lock the thread. thanks in advance.
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 61,214

Post#170 » by Clyde_Style » Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:41 am

Kyrie may be 28, but his body is older. Even if he can stay relatively healthy (for him) for another five years he won't have the body for his kind of playoff hero ball for very long. And he's still a wack job with garbage leadership skills. Lebron's leadership made up for Kyrie's mental problems. Kyrie showed who he was in Boston and Durant continues to tell the world who he is as well. So glad we were not forced into supporting this pair of jackasses.

If they are going to make a run they'll have to do it soon. This duo sure as hell aren't going to be making championship runs five years from now.
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 90,914

Post#171 » by Capn'O » Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:44 am

MrDollarBills wrote:

Look, from following the story on our side and the moves we made prior it felt like we had a pretty good lead on him (there was no smoke from anywhere else but Kemba Walker) and then something or things happened and now "he never wanted it." We don't like him over here and don't take kindly to him rationalizing about the Knicks or people telling us we're entitled for thinking he was coming when there was blazing national smoke linking him to us and the team made actual moves to prepare. There sure as **** weren't links to Butler or Kawhi for example. We asked Kawhi again last minute and it was pretty clear he was just like "nah." If his camp was never actually interested in the Knicks... well that just makes it worse because they put it out there that he was.

I never liked the 2019 Plan to begin with (my slogan here was "**** 2019") because I figured the moves we'd have to make to prepare would leave us with our thumbs up our ass again making desperate moves if our assumptions didn't pan... and there it was. Star players don't typically jump to a team if there's no foundation in place unless the money is stupid. As was true then, the Knicks need to focus on the rebuild until they have the pieces to start building that foundation either through trade or a drafted star. That's really where the story begins and ends.

The jabroni Mills is now gone and hopefully Leon Rose has a better tack for building a team.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#172 » by Clyde_Style » Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:47 am

Capn'O wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

Look, from following the story on our side and the moves we made prior it felt like we had a pretty good lead on him (there was no smoke from anywhere else but Kemba Walker) and then something or things happened and now "he never wanted it." We don't like him over here and don't take kindly to him rationalizing about the Knicks or people telling us we're entitled for thinking he was coming when there was blazing national smoke linking him to us and the team made actual moves to prepare. There sure as **** weren't links to Butler or Kawhi for example. We asked Kawhi again last minute and it was pretty clear he was just like "nah." If his camp was never actually interested in the Knicks... well that just makes it worse because they put it out there that he was.

I never liked the 2019 Plan to begin with (my slogan here was "**** 2019") because I figured the moves we'd have to make to prepare would leave us with our thumbs up our ass again making desperate moves if our assumptions didn't pan... and there it was. Star players don't typically jump to a team if there's no foundation in place unless the money is stupid. As was true then, the Knicks need to focus on the rebuild until they have the pieces to start building that foundation either through trade or a drafted star. That's really where the story begins and ends.

It's time to update your slogan

Please choose from one of the following NSFW options:

Updated Slogan # 1
Spoiler:

Updated Slogan # 2
Spoiler:

Updated Slogan # 3
Spoiler:
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 90,914

Post#173 » by Capn'O » Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:50 am

Clyde_Style wrote:It's time to update your slogan to **** 2020

:lol: I believe it's already trademarked. This **** year.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#174 » by Clyde_Style » Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:52 am

Capn'O wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:It's time to update your slogan to **** 2020

:lol: I believe it's already trademarked. This **** year.

Things are moving so fast I already updated my original post. Whatever, **** this ****
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#175 » by Clyde_Style » Mon Sep 14, 2020 2:07 am

thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,227

Post#176 » by thebuzzardman » Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:21 am

god shammgod wrote:just lock the thread. thanks in advance.

Nets fans need a place to celebrate their beta hero
TheGreenArrow
RealGM
And1: 33,197

Post#177 » by TheGreenArrow » Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:51 pm

Paradise wrote:
Zenzibar wrote:
Paradise wrote:Lol What?

Lol

You represent 1 borough and we represent the entire ny state from li,staten island,the Bronx etc.

And I guarantee there are more Knick fans in Brooklyn than there are njn fans.

Lmaoo you guys need to drop the little brother complex and grow up.
NewYorkOrNoWhere!!!!!!!!!!!!
TheGreenArrow
RealGM
And1: 33,197

Post#178 » by TheGreenArrow » Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:52 pm

god shammgod wrote:just lock the thread. thanks in advance.

Seriously shouldn’t even be responding to these weirdos.
NewYorkOrNoWhere!!!!!!!!!!!!
Stannis
RealGM
And1: 9,890

Post#179 » by Stannis » Mon Sep 14, 2020 4:15 pm

Just went on the Nets reddit for the first time. And I thought this thread was funny:
https://www.reddit.com/r/GoNets/comments/ir1soi/sick_of_hearing_about_nyk/

Sick of hearing about NYK
Why can't the media just talk about BKN as its own franchise rather than the New York team that's not the Knicks. The Mets don't get talked about as the not yankees and Jets the not Giants it's only Brooklyn. KD said he came to Brooklyn because the selling point was good basketball and not the "Mecca" and Broadway. An NBA player caring about basketball what a concept. Brooklyn had Dinwiddie, Levert, Allen, Joe Harris, Kurucs, a far better culture, better coach, and a normal owner. The Knicks being this "storied franchise" that needs to be saved is nonsense. They were pretty good in the 90s and pretty good in the 70s, so they've had 3 awful decades, 1 good one, 1 great one. That's a below average franchise. Brooklyn is going to win 50-60 games going forward as they have the most talent on paper in the East. The Knicks are in early rebuild stages with a roster from 1994 where they have 1 NBA player in Mitchell Robinson who looks like Javale McGee and RJ Barrett has upside but right now looks like an Evan Turner/MCW type. They are the irrelevant franchise, Brooklyn is the title contender.

Top comment:
When Brooklyn wins a title the knicks are still gonna get talked about, it’s just the way it is, this won’t change over night, it would take years and years of winning but even then it might not
Free Palestine
BKlutch
RealGM
And1: 13,355
Location: A new land of openness, freedom, and defense for all.

Post#180 » by BKlutch » Mon Sep 14, 2020 5:19 pm

So far, the Nets aren't that interesting. They've shown only glimpses of being a good team. Their websites love to attack the Knicks and Knicks fans, yet KD thinks he can avoid the spotlight by playing in Brooklyn instead of in Manhattan. Funny, but the NY tabloids also write about Brooklyn, and they will stir things up just to get clicks if the Nets aren't creating an exciting story with their play next season. Or maybe even if they are exciting to watch, they'll still get that treatment. :lol:

Offense propelled by our Brunson Burner. Defense powered by OG, our after-burner.

Return to New York Knicks