OT: Video Game Computers/Gadgets/Gizmos Thread

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,929

Re: OT: Video Game Computers/Gadgets/Gizmos Thread 

Post#1121 » by ReasonablySober » Thu Sep 10, 2020 7:28 pm

Scott Pilgrim vs The World is back (this holiday season)!!
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1122 » by ReasonablySober » Thu Sep 10, 2020 7:56 pm

This looks really interesting.
WRau1
RealGM
And1: 5,144

Post#1123 » by WRau1 » Thu Sep 10, 2020 11:48 pm

Finished my 2nd play through of Wasteland 3. Favorite build was a Brawler. Being able to move anywhere on the battlefield and kill multiple units at 1ap per attack is good times. SMG build is a close second, it has great perks. Sneaky **** Rocket Launcher was my favorite opener, though.
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
VooDoo7
RealGM
And1: 20,837

Post#1124 » by VooDoo7 » Sun Sep 13, 2020 4:59 am

Just finished The Last of Us (I know, extremely late to the party) and now playing The Last of Us 2. Couldn't they have just titled them "The Walking Dead"?
tydett
General Manager
And1: 6,750

Post#1125 » by tydett » Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:26 am

Beorn wrote:
tydett wrote:
ACGB wrote:I've got close to 200 hours in 2 and I'm excited to start playing 3 fresh from the beginning. The new UI seems to be a lot better.

I've got maybe 500 hours in 2 and don't see the point in upgrading to 3 as it stands. They'll release a **** ton of more DLC, so I'll grab it when it's $30 for the base game and DLC pack.

Same here, logged a billion or so hours of CK2, will wait for the DLCs to come out before purchasing the new one.

Letting you guys know that CKIII is included in Xbox Game Pass, if you're already subscribed to it. Definitely a nice way to try it out, since I wasn't gonna buy the base game yet.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1126 » by ReasonablySober » Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:13 pm

Any Spelunky fans? I've never played it. Spelunky 2 hits consoles tomorrow. I thought about picking it up but I randomly started Ori and the Blind Forest tonight on Gamepass. Really a nice game. Between this and it's sequel I think I'm gonna on games for a little while.
MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,640

Post#1127 » by MikeIsGood » Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:57 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:Any Spelunky fans? I've never played it. Spelunky 2 hits consoles tomorrow. I thought about picking it up but I randomly started Ori and the Blind Forest tonight on Gamepass. Really a nice game. Between this and it's sequel I think I'm gonna on games for a little while.

I also have always wanted to check it out, and Spelunky 2 is getting great reviews.

I just have zero time for other games right now. So it will sit on my Steam wishlist instead.
jmuelly
Junior
And1: 88

Post#1128 » by jmuelly » Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:19 pm

glenn wrote:It took me a couple of hours, but am hitting some pretty big combos now. If you’re struggling, going for the skill points in each level helps immensely. I was killing myself unnecessarily trying to clear gaps and hit jumps, but I came back later after upgrading and had no issues.

Also, if the new tricks aren’t your thing, they let you switch to just the originals in the options.

never played the originals, I'm just flat out terrible. I dont know what ot spend skill points on either to best help myself. I do know I can't jump very high at all compared to when I watch some other users play. For example the first map the warehouse or whatever I cant even do the gap over the heli and often barely can make the initial one across the ramp as you and launched in. I'm just not good at all.
glenn
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,151

Post#1129 » by glenn » Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:46 pm

jmuelly wrote:
glenn wrote:It took me a couple of hours, but am hitting some pretty big combos now. If you’re struggling, going for the skill points in each level helps immensely. I was killing myself unnecessarily trying to clear gaps and hit jumps, but I came back later after upgrading and had no issues.

Also, if the new tricks aren’t your thing, they let you switch to just the originals in the options.

never played the originals, I'm just flat out terrible. I dont know what ot spend skill points on either to best help myself. I do know I can't jump very high at all compared to when I watch, some other users play. For example the first map the warehouse or whatever I cant even do the gap over the heli and often barely can make the initial one across the ramp as you and launched in. I'm just not good at all.

That helicopter gap was killing me as well, so I passed on it and came back later. My advice is that you need to first build up air and speed, then ollie and hang time. Everything else will come in handy as you go for scores and challenges but, to collect all of the skill points and be able to cross gaps, air and speed are essential. If you have already placed points into other skills you can actually change them on the fly.
:reporter:
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1130 » by ReasonablySober » Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:56 pm

In the warehouse on the original my first trick heading right after going down the initial ramp, up the ramp and parallel to the wall on the right, down and back up, through the room over the vert ramp, landing and grinding around the perimeter of the room. When I couldn't do get through the room in the remake I figured my skater didn't have the necessary attributes to make the jump.

I haven't played much of it at all yet because I'm into a couple other games, but I'll be able to get into it more this weekend.
tydett
General Manager
And1: 6,750

Post#1131 » by tydett » Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:16 pm

MikeIsGood wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:Any Spelunky fans? I've never played it. Spelunky 2 hits consoles tomorrow. I thought about picking it up but I randomly started Ori and the Blind Forest tonight on Gamepass. Really a nice game. Between this and it's sequel I think I'm gonna on games for a little while.

I also have always wanted to check it out, and Spelunky 2 is getting great reviews.

I just have zero time for other games right now. So it will sit on my Steam wishlist instead.

Spelunky is very goooooooood. Spelunky 2 looks like it will be very greeaaaaaaattttttt.
glenn
Assistant Coach

Post#1132 » by glenn » Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:18 pm

This article blew my mind. There are people that put up combos worth hundreds of millions of points like it's nothing. Don't think I'll ever get there. https://kotaku.com/we-asked-a-tony-hawk-s-pro-skater-pro-how-to-combo-like-1845052154

ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1133 » by ReasonablySober » Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:52 pm

Yea, that broke my brain.
MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,640

Post#1134 » by MikeIsGood » Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:37 pm

Like...how do you keep balance that long? Just by hitting new tricks so often that you never lose it in the first place?

Jesus. I was happy to hit 200k+. Lol.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1135 » by ReasonablySober » Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:40 pm

MikeIsGood wrote:Like...how do you keep balance that long? Just by hitting new tricks so often that you never lose it in the first place?

Jesus. I was happy to hit 200k+. Lol.

Yea, that's the exact strategy it seems like. Spend as little time on a manual, revert, or grind as possible. I never played T-Hawk 2 and beyond so it's a totally foreign thing to me.
jmuelly
Junior

Post#1136 » by jmuelly » Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:00 pm

Really enjoying Tony Hawk how did I miss this back in the day. That said I still am horrible, I can often do the combo and the low score but hte middle and upper high score I fail to do. Going to be tough to progress this game for me. I suck!
jschligs
General Manager
And1: 5,886

Post#1137 » by jschligs » Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:27 pm

PS5 announcement today. Guessing it'll be a $400 digital version and $500 disc/digital version. 1:00PM PST so 3:00PM here, I'll watch why not.
jmuelly
Junior

Post#1138 » by jmuelly » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:06 pm

jschligs wrote:PS5 announcement today. Guessing it'll be a $400 digital version and $500 disc/digital version. 1:00PM PST so 3:00PM here, I'll watch why not.

That seems about right I’d agree. I would love to get a digtal only, but I probably will get the disc version just because we on occasion do still buy discs. I’m most curious to know how the game sharing will work, but we likely wont know that until it launches. Currently I buy digital on my user name if my stepdad plans to play the games and I buy on my songs name if it’s something my kids will play, I then too can play it. I purchased the mamba edition on disc with the ps5 digital code so that’ll be among the 1st titles I’d get. I just hope I can get a ps5 secured.
StickeeFingaz
RealGM
And1: 6,631

Post#1139 » by StickeeFingaz » Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:14 pm

I have a PC that's about a year old so I'll use that for any Microsoft exclusives. I have a habit of buying new tech when it's first released but I think I'll try and hold off on a launch PS5...if I have any discipline. I looked at the launch exclusives and I think only Ratchet & Clank stood out.
#FreeChuckDiesel
glenn
Assistant Coach

Post#1140 » by glenn » Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:23 pm

Meant to edit my post and somehow deleted it? Usually I wait to pick up the new consoles until some of the kinks are worked out. If anything gets me to pull the trigger it will probably be the new God of War.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks