ImageImageImageImageImage

Kevin Durant says he wanted 'chill' Brooklyn instead of being Knicks 'savior'

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Stannis
RealGM
And1: 9,786

Re: Kevin Durant says he wanted 'chill' Brooklyn instead of being Knicks 'savior' 

Post#181 » by Stannis » Mon Sep 14, 2020 6:25 pm

BKlutch wrote:So far, the Nets aren't that interesting. They've shown only glimpses of being a good team. Their websites love to attack the Knicks and Knicks fans, yet KD thinks he can avoid the spotlight by playing in Brooklyn instead of in Manhattan. Funny, but the NY tabloids also write about Brooklyn, and they will stir things up just to get clicks if the Nets aren't creating an exciting story with their play next season. Or maybe even if they are exciting to watch, they'll still get that treatment. :lol:

I know for sure a NY Tabloid will eventually make subtle jabs at KD by calling the Nets "Kyrie's Team" or something like that.

KD is gonna lose his chit lol
Free Palestine
BKlutch
RealGM
And1: 13,258
Location: A new land of openness, freedom, and defense for all.

Re: Kevin Durant says he wanted 'chill' Brooklyn instead of being Knicks 'savior' 

Post#182 » by BKlutch » Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:08 pm

Stannis wrote:
BKlutch wrote:So far, the Nets aren't that interesting. They've shown only glimpses of being a good team. Their websites love to attack the Knicks and Knicks fans, yet KD thinks he can avoid the spotlight by playing in Brooklyn instead of in Manhattan. Funny, but the NY tabloids also write about Brooklyn, and they will stir things up just to get clicks if the Nets aren't creating an exciting story with their play next season. Or maybe even if they are exciting to watch, they'll still get that treatment. :lol:

I know for sure a NY Tabloid will eventually make subtle jabs at KD by calling the Nets "Kyrie's Team" or something like that.

And what do you think is going to happen when it turns out the Nets are better with a different PG than Kyrie? Will KD demand his friend starts, or will he want the best player leading the offense? He will never escape that in New York.

Offense propelled by our Brunson Burner. Defense powered by OG, our after-burner.

KnicksGadfly
RealGM
And1: 13,945

Post#183 » by KnicksGadfly » Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:09 pm

BKlutch wrote:
Stannis wrote:

And what do you think is going to happen when it turns out the Nets are better with a different PG than Kyrie? Will KD demand his friend starts, or will he want the best player leading the offense? He will never escape that in New York.

The DeAndre-Jarrett Allen debacle answered this already. Coasted to rings, coasting to the end of his career.
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,137

Post#184 » by thebuzzardman » Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:57 pm

KD's new and forever nickname:

BETAMAX

"Hey KD"
"Wut?"
"You're like really old video recording technology"
"Why?"
"BECAUSE YOU'RE BETAMAX!!!!!"
Mecca
RealGM
And1: 14,324

Post#185 » by Mecca » Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:29 am

MaseInYourFace wrote:
KnicksGadfly wrote:
MaseInYourFace wrote:
Brooklyn is an assortment of mostly residential neighborhoods all with different grids so it’s super confusing getting around that borough. Downtown Brooklyn area (which is probably the area you are comparing Manhattan to) is on the come up but currently it’s noisy and messy with overwhelming construction. It’s not that great honestly lol. No disrespect to peeps that grew up in the respective Brooklyn hoods.

Bruh...It ain't Manhattan vs Brooklyn.

It's NYC vs whatever they're trying to brand themselves as.

I know but I’ve spent a lot of time in Brooklyn these last few years because of work. I’ve been all over that borough pretty much. Heck my office(pre Covid) was a short walk from the Barclays. To be clear when I said it’s not that great I was referring to downtown Brooklyn specifically. I don’t want the Brooklynites coming down on me with full force, lol.

I mean I live in Bed Stuy and love it. The energy way cooler than Manhatten TO ME
Brooklyn Nets
Damian Lillard - Rajon Rondo - Trey Burke
Victor Oladipo - Wes Matthews - Javon Carter
Caris LeVert - Derrick Jones Jr. - Glenn Robinson III
Andre Igoudala - Killian Tillie - Trey Lyles
Joel Embiid - Taj Gibson - Kevon Looney
Sprewell4Three
General Manager
And1: 4,771

Post#186 » by Sprewell4Three » Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:43 am

I mean who would want to play for this team ? Ya'll act like what KD did is surprising.
Godsplan
Freshman
And1: 71

Post#187 » by Godsplan » Tue Sep 15, 2020 3:50 am

New York media, and New York in general doesn’t care about us the way they do y’all. KD and Kyrie will make for great tabloids but ultimately whatever the Knicks do this next season will be the headlines as far as NY media is concerned. Media will only start caring for the nets if they make a deep playoff run. Other than that we fly under the radar while y’all take the attention. Be it good or bad.. I don’t think that’s solely what KD was referring to though. Everything with the Knicks is usually a spectacle and high demands From fans for a team who’s been a utter disaster for 20 years. Too many expectations are out on players to “save an organization” who really needs to be saved from James Dolan. A part of why Carmelo’s image started to go downhill..started with the ending of his Knicks tenure. KD left a already great team in OKC, to play with another. Wouldn’t make much sense to go to the Knicks, who have yet to prove they could create a real contender and many knick fans(I’m from Ny) are still embracing a tank, compared to the us where Sean Marks pulled us out the gutter and got us a playoff team.

This isn’t a Knicks diss either as it’s putting things into context. Always a negative spectacle over there and it starts with Dolan. No one person is gonna take that team to the promise land. The front office has to get it correct. Untill then it just didn’t make sense for a star to go over there. We aren’t perfect either but we try..Sometimes that’s all it really takes us to show “glimpses”. Same thing with the Clippers, who are a little brother like we are. KD not a MSG kind of guy either. He’s more laid back/Nets vibe. Lebron personality is more Manhattan/Mecca kind of thing
YouthMovement
General Manager
And1: 4,756

Post#188 » by YouthMovement » Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:29 am

big cuck energy
robillionaire
RealGM
And1: 48,041

Post#189 » by robillionaire » Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:29 am

Godsplan wrote:

New York media, and New York in general doesn’t care about us the way they do y’all. KD and Kyrie will make for great tabloids but ultimately whatever the Knicks do this next season will be the headlines as far as NY media is concerned. Media will only start caring for the nets if they make a deep playoff run. Other than that we fly under the radar while y’all take the attention. Be it good or bad.. I don’t think that’s solely what KD was referring to though. Everything with the Knicks is usually a spectacle and high demands From fans for a team who’s been a utter disaster for 20 years. Too many expectations are out on players to “save an organization” who really needs to be saved from James Dolan. A part of why Carmelo’s image started to go downhill..started with the ending of his Knicks tenure. KD left a already great team in OKC, to play with another. Wouldn’t make much sense to go to the Knicks, who have yet to prove they could create a real contender and many knick fans(I’m from Ny) are still embracing a tank, compared to the us where Sean Marks pulled us out the gutter and got us a playoff team.

This isn’t a Knicks diss either as it’s putting things into context. Always a negative spectacle over there and it starts with Dolan. No one person is gonna take that team to the promise land. The front office has to get it correct. Untill then it just didn’t make sense for a star to go over there. We aren’t perfect either but we try..Sometimes that’s all it really takes us to show “glimpses”. Same thing with the Clippers, who are a little brother like we are. KD not a MSG kind of guy either. He’s more laid back/Nets vibe. Lebron personality is more Manhattan/Mecca kind of thing

I mean the nets had also yet to prove they could create a real contender either and he still went there. the season before he went there they went 42-40 in the east and rolled by philly and then this year they were sub .500. that's not contending. plus they got rid of d'lo and now also atkinson who had a big hand in that development.

but look at it like this, had they went to the knicks and kyrie stayed injured most the year and the knicks sub .500 he and kd would have been getting nothing but negative attention all year so at least he went somewhere he could rehab in peace without anybody caring

the best thing that could ever happen to us would be the media starting to just cover the nets and ignore the knicks
Godsplan
Freshman
And1: 71

Post#190 » by Godsplan » Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:42 am

robillionaire wrote:
Godsplan wrote:

I mean the nets had also yet to prove they could create a real contender either and he still went there. the season before he went there they went 42-40 in the east and rolled by philly and then this year they were sub .500. that's not contending. plus they got rid of d'lo and now also atkinson who had a big hand in that development.

but look at it like this, had they went to the knicks and kyrie stayed injured most the year and the knicks sub .500 he and kd would have been getting nothing but negative attention all year so at least he went somewhere he could rehab in peace without anybody caring

the best thing that could ever happen to us would be the media starting to just cover the nets and ignore the knicks

Thats the thing though. We made the playoffs, and proved that we have promise to be a contender with all the right pieces. Even this year. We dealt with injuries all year and our 6th man(Spencer) kept us in the playoff picture. The 3rd/4th best guy on our team Kept us in the running. That kind of stuff matters and shows how we have grown, which is why we gained positive attention. We showed promise as a team that didn’t have our draft picks most of the decade, in a city that doesn’t care about us, our front office turned it around. Superstars look at stuff like that. Remember we were 8-18 last season and flipped the script. Same with the clippers, warriors And KD dismantled them Last year but they showed enough promise. Kawhi admitted that’s one of the things that drawn him to the Clips. There’s a lot of reasons why net fans wanted Kenny gone long before they actually got him out of there but this isn’t the place for that. Also, the coaching situation with the Knicks was also a headscratcher with Fizdale.

Nonetheless. I hope the Knicks get good again, the last dance reminded me that teams like the Knicks, Bulls and Pistons need to be great again and hopefully Thibbs and new management gets you guys there, but it’s not hard to see why KD chose Brooklyn last year. NY is still a big market place. Lots of players want to be in our city but too much noise surrounds the Knicks. Nets offered a better alternative and front office for someone who wants to win and have the pieces to do it. Will our championship ever be beloved like a Knicks championship would be?? No, but we never won **** anyway so we wouldn’t care

Btw the media will never care about the nets the way they do the Knicks and honestly y’all can have it. I could live without stupid NY think pieces on the Nets.
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,137

Post#191 » by thebuzzardman » Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:28 am

Godsplan wrote:
robillionaire wrote:
Godsplan wrote:New York media, and New York in general doesn’t care about us the way they do y’all. KD and Kyrie will make for great tabloids but ultimately whatever the Knicks do this next season will be the headlines as far as NY media is concerned. Media will only start caring for the nets if they make a deep playoff run. Other than that we fly under the radar while y’all take the attention. Be it good or bad.. I don’t think that’s solely what KD was referring to though. Everything with the Knicks is usually a spectacle and high demands From fans for a team who’s been a utter disaster for 20 years. Too many expectations are out on players to “save an organization” who really needs to be saved from James Dolan. A part of why Carmelo’s image started to go downhill..started with the ending of his Knicks tenure. KD left a already great team in OKC, to play with another. Wouldn’t make much sense to go to the Knicks, who have yet to prove they could create a real contender and many knick fans(I’m from Ny) are still embracing a tank, compared to the us where Sean Marks pulled us out the gutter and got us a playoff team.

Thats the thing though. We made the playoffs, and proved that we have promise to be a contender with all the right pieces. Even this year. We dealt with injuries all year and our 6th man(Spencer) kept us in the playoff picture. The 3rd/4th best guy on our team Kept us in the running. That kind of stuff matters and shows how we have grown, which is why we gained positive attention. We showed promise as a team that didn’t have our draft picks most of the decade, in a city that doesn’t care about us, our front office turned it around. Superstars look at stuff like that. Remember we were 8-18 last season and flipped the script. Same with the clippers, warriors And KD dismantled them Last year but they showed enough promise. Kawhi admitted that’s one of the things that drawn him to the Clips. There’s a lot of reasons why net fans wanted Kenny gone long before they actually got him out of there but this isn’t the place for that. Also, the coaching situation with the Knicks was also a headscratcher with Fizdale.

Nonetheless. I hope the Knicks get good again, the last dance reminded me that teams like the Knicks, Bulls and Pistons need to be great again and hopefully Thibbs and new management gets you guys there, but it’s not hard to see why KD chose Brooklyn last year. NY is still a big market place. Lots of players want to be in our city but too much noise surrounds the Knicks. Nets offered a better alternative and front office for someone who wants to win and have the pieces to do it. Will our championship ever be beloved like a Knicks championship would be?? No, but we never won **** anyway so we wouldn’t care

Btw the media will never care about the nets the way they do the Knicks and honestly y’all can have it. I could live without stupid NY think pieces on the Nets.

iLLmatic860
General Manager
And1: 15,260

Post#192 » by iLLmatic860 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:21 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=21

Kd aint built for ny lmao
Stannis
RealGM
And1: 9,786

Post#193 » by Stannis » Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:09 pm

DaT WaVeY RiCaN wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

Kd aint built for ny lmao

He needs to delete his Twitter. And get a gf. Otherwise, he's going to start crying like he did in GS when Curry and Thompson went about their lives.

This is just the beginning. Once the tabloids start jabbing him on the front page, we will see how he handles it. My guess, is that he will have his agent call them directly.
Free Palestine
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 60,866

Post#194 » by Clyde_Style » Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:56 pm

............................God's Plan for Kevin Durant
BKlutch
RealGM
And1: 13,258
Location: A new land of openness, freedom, and defense for all.

Post#195 » by BKlutch » Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:23 pm

Clyde_Style wrote:Image
............................God's Plan for Kevin Durant

I must admit ... to my great shame ... that thing is far hotter than my ex wife.

Spoiler:

Hooray for divorce.Current wife is a gem :D

Offense propelled by our Brunson Burner. Defense powered by OG, our after-burner.

Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Post#196 » by Paradise » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:55 pm

Zenzibar wrote:
Paradise wrote:
Zenzibar wrote:
The wack part for the Nets is that they have revamped their roster with some All-stars but the arena will be empty due to current times.
Additionally, the team HAS to make a decision on Joe Harris and Jarrett Allen, knocking on the cap level real quick.

It'll be a nice team without a doubt, unless the Knicks decide to give J. Harris an offer. :D

But both sides want an extension and we have bird rights...

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Again, what’s so appealing about a Knicks offer?

Thank you for sharing the love fest between Joe and Sean Marks, until the Nets put the money on the table it's open season for Harris.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2892937-nba-free-agency-2020-predictions-for-brandon-ingram-joe-harris-more
Durant and Irving are set to account for a combined $73,438,050 in cap space for the 2020-21 campaign, and Harris will command much more than the approximately $7.7 million contract he's playing on this season. If Harris wants to play alongside Durant and Irving, he will likely have to do so on a shorter, team-friendly deal.
"Prediction: Harris will opt for a larger contract elsewhere."

I would say to Joe Harris, go get that money baby.

BTW, what's the plan for Jarrett Allen?

Not exactly sure what’s the point of bringing that up? Last time both sides came to an agreement rather quickly and I’d expect more of the same. We have his bird rights and will go over the cap to retain him.

Allen is probably a 50/50 decision. He could be traded or extended but I’d expect him to stay as well unless we’re getting an all-star.
FutureKnicksGM
Head Coach
And1: 1,505

Post#197 » by FutureKnicksGM » Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:18 am

No one cares about the nets.
NYKAL
General Manager
And1: 2,157

Post#198 » by NYKAL » Fri Sep 18, 2020 12:48 pm

Mecca wrote:
MaseInYourFace wrote:
KnicksGadfly wrote:
Bruh...It ain't Manhattan vs Brooklyn.

It's NYC vs whatever they're trying to brand themselves as.

I know but I’ve spent a lot of time in Brooklyn these last few years because of work. I’ve been all over that borough pretty much. Heck my office(pre Covid) was a short walk from the Barclays. To be clear when I said it’s not that great I was referring to downtown Brooklyn specifically. I don’t want the Brooklynites coming down on me with full force, lol.

I mean I live in Bed Stuy and love it. The energy way cooler than Manhatten TO ME

What are you smoking or, did you forget the green font. Only people who don't say Manhattan are people who can't afford to have a good time there. Enjoy your bodegas
KnicksGadfly
RealGM
And1: 13,945

Post#199 » by KnicksGadfly » Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:04 pm

Paradise wrote:
Zenzibar wrote:
Paradise wrote:But both sides want an extension and we have bird rights...

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Again, what’s so appealing about a Knicks offer?

Thank you for sharing the love fest between Joe and Sean Marks, until the Nets put the money on the table it's open season for Harris.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2892937-nba-free-agency-2020-predictions-for-brandon-ingram-joe-harris-more
Durant and Irving are set to account for a combined $73,438,050 in cap space for the 2020-21 campaign, and Harris will command much more than the approximately $7.7 million contract he's playing on this season. If Harris wants to play alongside Durant and Irving, he will likely have to do so on a shorter, team-friendly deal.
"Prediction: Harris will opt for a larger contract elsewhere."

I would say to Joe Harris, go get that money baby.

BTW, what's the plan for Jarrett Allen?

Not exactly sure what’s the point of bringing that up? Last time both sides came to an agreement rather quickly and I’d expect more of the same. We have his bird rights and will go over the cap to retain him.

Allen is probably a 50/50 decision. He could be traded or extended but I’d expect him to stay as well unless we’re getting an all-star.

Great, I hope you pay a shytton for him. Now go back to the New Jersey board
Synciere
Head Coach
And1: 4,414

Post#200 » by Synciere » Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:09 pm

We shyt on the Knicks ALL THE FCUKING TIME, but now we're going to judge KD for not wanting to join this shytshow?!? LOL yall are hilarious.

We change coaches and executives every year and a half, we're the epitome of a poorly run organization, we have a fanbase that is STARVED for success and wants a chip we haven't had for 50 years, and we're insulting a guy for not wanting that pressure. Most of yall aint built for the pressure of NY and yall want to talk shyt.... I can't.

Return to New York Knicks