Eric Reid Calls NFL\'s Use Of Colin Kaepernick In Video \'Diabolical\'

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 291

Eric Reid Calls NFL\'s Use Of Colin Kaepernick In Video \'Diabolical\' 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:48 am

Eric Reid described the NFL\'s social justice campaign using video of Colin Kaepernick kneeling while remaining unsigned as \"diabolical.\"

Reid also remains a free agent.

Reid added that \"Goodell uses video of Colin courageously kneeling to legitimize their disingenuous PR while simultaneously perpetuating systemic oppression, that the video he\'s using fights against, by continuing to rob Colin of his career. It\'s diabolical.\"

Reid\'s tweets came a day after Kaepernick called out the NFL\'s campaign.

\"While the NFL runs propaganda about how they care about Black Life, they are still actively blackballing Eric Reid for fighting for the Black community,\" tweeted Kaepernick, the former San Francisco 49ers quarterback who has been out of the NFL since 2016. \"Eric set 2 franchise records last year, and is one of the best defensive players in the league.\"

Reid and Kaepernick were included in a video played at each stadium Sunday that featured the song \"Lift Ev\'ry Voice and Sing,\" which was performed by Alicia Keys.

Via ESPN

WestbrookGOATed
Veteran
And1: 2,379

Re: Eric Reid Calls NFL\'s Use Of Colin Kaepernick In Video \'Diabolical\' 

Post#2 » by WestbrookGOATed » Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:05 am

Colin isn't being robbed of anything. He's **** terrible. And when he had the chance to workout and show teams he could atleast be a backup he never showed. I hope he ends up working at mcdonalds once his millions are gone.
LewisnotMiller
Analyst
And1: 3,199

Post#3 » by LewisnotMiller » Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:45 am

Best2EverDoIt wrote:Colin isn't being robbed of anything. He's **** terrible. And when he had the chance to workout and show teams he could atleast be a backup he never showed. I hope he ends up working at mcdonalds once his millions are gone.

Even if that's true, this doesn't smack of hypocrisy to you?
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 35,865

Post#4 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:02 pm

Best2EverDoIt wrote:Colin isn't being robbed of anything. He's **** terrible. And when he had the chance to workout and show teams he could atleast be a backup he never showed. I hope he ends up working at mcdonalds once his millions are gone.

He most likely won't end up working at McDonald's, and the rest of his life will be better than yours will ever be. It must burn you to realize that.

Also, regardless of what he can do now on the field, it is hypocritical for the same league who blackballed him for peacefully protesting to use imagery of him protesting to pretend as if they care about social issues. That's the point that has flown well above your head, clearly.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
VancouverRaps
Head Coach
And1: 12,850

Post#5 » by VancouverRaps » Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:29 pm

People always **** on Kaepernick for not being a good QB, but there's a crap load of teams who have backup QB's that flat out suck as passers and runners. At least with Kap you could get creative and take advantage of his athleticism, especially when he was younger during the first couple of years that he was blackballed.
We the Champs
WestbrookGOATed
Veteran

Post#6 » by WestbrookGOATed » Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:03 pm

LewisnotMiller wrote:

Even if that's true, this doesn't smack of hypocrisy to you?
Oh it definitely does. Roger Goodell is a POS. I'm just tired of hearing that Colin got robbed of anything. He got benched and started kneeling for attention, and as a result removed himself from the league. I don't remember him saying anything about social justice issues or police brutality before he got benched.
WestbrookGOATed
Veteran

Post#7 » by WestbrookGOATed » Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:08 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:

He most likely won't end up working at McDonald's, and the rest of his life will be better than yours will ever be. It must burn you to realize that.

Also, regardless of what he can do now on the field, it is hypocritical for the same league who blackballed him for peacefully protesting to use imagery of him protesting to pretend as if they care about social issues. That's the point that has flown well above your head, clearly.
No that doesn't burn me. There are lots of former athletes that will die with more money than me. I do take satisfaction in knowing that he'll also have a much better life than you, someone who wants to kiss on his jockstrap. He didn't get blackballed for peacefully protesting, he got benched because he sucked a whole lot of ass for half a season then he started kneeling to bring attention to himself. He was a distraction. I don't agree with the NFL using him for anything.

Return to Wiretap Headlines Discussion