ImageImage

Lions Lead Up - Lane Taylor Out for Season

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25, humanrefutation

Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,557

Re: Lions Lead Up - Lane Taylor Out for Season 

Post#21 » by Ron Swanson » Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:10 pm

Sucks for Lane, but I'll admit that I feel pretty good about Runyan stepping in, so I don't think we lose a ton on the O-line outside of depth.
Profound23
RealGM
And1: 6,489

Post#22 » by Profound23 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:39 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:Sucks for Lane, but I'll admit that I feel pretty good about Runyan stepping in, so I don't think we lose a ton on the O-line outside of depth.

Yeah, from the team's standpoint I think Runyan was going to take Taylor's job before the end of the year. I agree I feel bad for the team as far as depth which is scary, but I feel awful for Taylor himself. Just unreal luck. It is why when players hold out, I don't care.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,226

Post#23 » by MickeyDavis » Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:32 pm

Packers open -5.5
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
Dandridgefav
Junior
And1: 66

Re: Lions Lead Up 

Post#24 » by Dandridgefav » Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:45 am

WeekapaugGroove wrote:[tweet]1305543507340
Some good injury news. s

Sent from my SM-G986U using RealGM mobile app

a
I think Runyon could start at RT right now and excel. But as RG Pack would have one of the most sensational and certainly the youngest G tandems in the league. However injuries are as respomsible for shaping a roster as the GM. SO IF Elgton Jenkins believes he can play RT as he can LG. Then you got -ta go with this at OL.

Bahktiari
Patrick
Linsley
Runyon
Jenkins

Sign Veldheer who played well as versatile backup for Pack last year for what would certainly be his last season.
THEN IF the Injury Monsters are finished grazing on Packer OL for this season - then by playoffs - our OL would have had almost a full season of playing together and would be awesome
(Need to add depth next draft as Wagner and Turner are done)
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,327

Post#25 » by crkone » Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:59 pm

Coleman placed on IR for the Lions. Top 3 CBs are all injured for them.

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
Ron Swanson
RealGM

Post#26 » by Ron Swanson » Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:47 pm

I'm old school in the sense that I'm not a huge fan of shuffling guys away from their established positions on the O-line. Obviously protecting Rodgers is priority #1, but the question is, do you want an All-Pro Guard (Jenkins) and a serviceable RT (Turner), or do you want a serviceable Guard (Patrick, Runyan, or Turner), and a really-good-yet-not-quite-All-Pro RT (Jenkins)?
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,660

Post#27 » by WeekapaugGroove » Tue Sep 15, 2020 3:57 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:I'm old school in the sense that I'm not a huge fan of shuffling guys away from their established positions on the O-line. Obviously protecting Rodgers is priority #1, but the question is, do you want an All-Pro Guard (Jenkins) and a serviceable RT (Turner), or do you want a serviceable Guard (Patrick, Runyan, or Turner), and a really-good-yet-not-quite-All-Pro RT (Jenkins)?
It really depends if they view Jenkins as a long term T. It so, then you put him there permanently. If not then leave him at G and Wagner or Turner play RT this year.

Wagner not starting this week might just have been them questioning if he was all the way back from his injury. He was fine once he came in so it might be as simple as he's the dude at RT, Jenkins plays G and then it's whomever you like best of Patrick, Runyan, or Turner when he gets healthy play the other G spot.

Compared to most teams the pack are actually pretty deep on the Oline even after Taylor injury.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
Treebeard
Head Coach
And1: 1,746

Post#28 » by Treebeard » Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:23 pm

Wagner graded out OK (79.8), so he'll do for now - so long as he's healthy.....
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,327

Post#29 » by crkone » Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:27 pm

I'm scared to see the OL against a decent DL. I can see stunts killing the right side of the line.

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
Profound23
RealGM
And1: 6,489

Post#30 » by Profound23 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:56 am

Damon Harrison please
Treebeard
Head Coach
And1: 1,746

Post#31 » by Treebeard » Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:06 am

What's the latest medical report on Lucas Patrick and Billy Turner? Might they be ready for the Lions?
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 20,458

Post#32 » by Matches Malone » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:45 pm

Treebeard wrote:What's the latest medical report on Lucas Patrick and Billy Turner? Might they be ready for the Lions?

Curious about that as well. As much as I want to see Runyan step in and just take his spot right away ala Jenkins last year, If Turner and Patrick are healthy, they might get a shot before Runyan.
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM

Post#33 » by WeekapaugGroove » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:48 pm

Matches Malone wrote:
Treebeard wrote:What's the latest medical report on Lucas Patrick and Billy Turner? Might they be ready for the Lions?

Curious about that as well. As much as I want to see Runyan step in and just take his spot right away ala Jenkins last year, If Turner and Patrick are healthy, they might get a shot before Runyan.
Read on Twitter

Good news for oline. Bad but not unexpected that Clark did not practice.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
jakecronus8
RealGM
And1: 7,273

Post#34 » by jakecronus8 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:51 pm

Groin injuries are the pits. I’m not getting my hopes up until after the week 5 bye for Kenny Clark. They need to bring up Mack off the practice squad for some beef up front.
Do it for Chuck
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM

Post#35 » by WeekapaugGroove » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:58 pm

Random thing I was thinking about. Is the current RB group the best group the Packers have had in the modern era (80s-today). Ahman Green at his peak was probably the best individual. But this group has a damn good lead back in Jones, a solid pro in williams, and two real wildcards with Dillion and Ervin.

jakecronus8
RealGM
And1: 7,273

Post#36 » by jakecronus8 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:00 pm

WeekapaugGroove wrote:Random thing I was thinking about. Is the current RB group the best group the Packers have had in the modern era (80s-today). Ahman Green at his peak was probably the best individual. But this group has a damn good lead back in Jones, a solid pro in williams, and two real wildcards with Dillion and Ervin.

I think if they keep Jones and Dillon pans out yes. As is id still take Ahman, Davenpoop, Hendo and Tony First Down Fisher.
Do it for Chuck
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM

Post#37 » by WeekapaugGroove » Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:07 pm

jakecronus8 wrote:
WeekapaugGroove wrote:Random thing I was thinking about. Is the current RB group the best group the Packers have had in the modern era (80s-today). Ahman Green at his peak was probably the best individual. But this group has a damn good lead back in Jones, a solid pro in williams, and two real wildcards with Dillion and Ervin.

I think if they keep Jones and Dillon pans out yes. As is id still take Ahman, Davenpoop, Hendo and Tony First Down Fisher.
I totally forgot about the closet pooper being Greens backup. That was a great combo and might be better.

Ron Swanson
RealGM

Post#38 » by Ron Swanson » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:44 pm

Always felt like Jamaal Williams has been super under-appreciated, but the sooner we can work Dillon more into the offense, the better.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM

Post#39 » by WeekapaugGroove » Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:18 pm

I had never heard of Krys Barnes before Sunday but the Pack must see something in him (and how bad must Burkes be in practice?!?). Did a little googling and the Niners SB nation guy had him as his #1 sleeper LB in the draft. He's his write up on him.

https://www.ninersnation.com/2020/2/13/21134872/nfl-pre-combine-draft-2020-sleepers

1. Krys Barnes, LB, UCLA

Height: 6'2" Weight: 235lbs. Projected Arm length: 32" Projected hand size: 9.75" Projected 40: 4.6-4.7

Pros: Krys is consistent. He's fast, has good instincts and a good nose for the football and is consistently good. In 2018 Barnes had 85 tackles, 10 for a loss, 1 sack, 1 INT and 6 pass deflections. In 2019, he had 72 tackles, 9.5 for a loss, 4 sacks, 1 INT, 7 deflections and 1 forced fumble. Barnes is productive. He's fast and an efficient tackler. He constantly puts himself in position to make plays. He's also a good pass defender. Krys was also listed on the third team (third place) on the PFF All-Pac-12 team. He doesn't make a lot of mistakes.

Cons: As you probably noticed from the weight, Barnes is undersized for the NFL level. The immediate concern then becomes, if he adds muscle mass/weight, how will that impact his speed? He's also considered a jack of all trades, master of none. He's good at rushing the passer, good at coverage, good at run defense but not excellent at any. It will be interesting to see how his skill set translates at the NFL level.

Summary: Barnes is an intriguing prospect. He reminds me of Fred Warner coming out of college. He just is always wherever the ball is. While not the fastest, strongest or best LB in the draft, he has the ability and technique to be an every down backer in the NFL. Barnes is all over the place on boards, as high as 5th and as low as undrafted. He would be worthy of a 6th rounder.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,226

Post#40 » by MickeyDavis » Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:58 pm

Okudah was a full participant today, he likely makes his debut Sunday.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.

Return to Green Bay Packers