ImageImage

Bucks News, Trade Ideas and Transactions - OFF SEASON

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Pachinko_
RealGM
And1: 23,697

Re: Bucks News, Trade Ideas and Transactions - OFF SEASON 

Post#1881 » by Pachinko_ » Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:55 am

Anyway I think it's good juju to have a player ending in -ic on the team. It's like touching wood, the spirits of basketball will be on our side.
babyjax13
RealGM
And1: 14,294

Post#1882 » by babyjax13 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:00 am

Milwaukee trades: Eric Bledsoe, 2020 IND 1st (24)
Milwaukee receives: Evan Fournier
Milwaukee gets a guy that create for himself a bit and hit open shots. He may not be the second option that would be ideal, but he may be good enough that the difference between he and Bledsoe is the difference between making the finals and not making it.

Minnesota trades: James Johnson, 2020 BYK 1st (17)
Minnesota receives: Eric Bledsoe, 2020 IND 1st (24)
Minnesota moves down in the draft, but gets an elite perimeter defender to put next to DLo, that can break down the defense and take advantage of Minnesota's spacing.

Orlando trades: Evan Fournier
Orlando receives: James Johnson, 2020 BYK 1st (17)
Orlando shifts into 'rebuild' mode by trading a soon-to-be expiring player for a first.

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
Pachinko_
RealGM
And1: 23,697

Post#1883 » by Pachinko_ » Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:46 am

babyjax13 wrote:Milwaukee trades: Eric Bledsoe, 2020 IND 1st (24)
Milwaukee receives: Evan Fournier
Milwaukee gets a guy that create for himself a bit and hit open shots. He may not be the second option that would be ideal, but he may be good enough that the difference between he and Bledsoe is the difference between making the finals and not making it.

Minnesota trades: James Johnson, 2020 BYK 1st (17)
Minnesota receives: Eric Bledsoe, 2020 IND 1st (24)
Minnesota moves down in the draft, but gets an elite perimeter defender to put next to DLo, that can break down the defense and take advantage of Minnesota's spacing.

Orlando trades: Evan Fournier
Orlando receives: James Johnson, 2020 BYK 1st (17)
Orlando shifts into 'rebuild' mode by trading a soon-to-be expiring player for a first.

A masterful plan that actually makes sense.

they only problem I have is that in all my years in realgm the trades that actually happen have about 0.1% overlap with the trades discussed in realgm.
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,722

Post#1884 » by AussieBuck » Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:30 am

Not sure there'll be much appetite for Fournier after his pants **** playoff performance against us.
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
skones
RealGM
And1: 17,187

Post#1885 » by skones » Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:34 am

AussieBuck wrote:Not sure there'll be much appetite for Fournier after his pants **** playoff performance against us.

He absolutely **** himself against Toronto the year prior too. I gave my thoughts on the trade board, but absolutely no way am I adding a first to the better player in Bledsoe to obtain Fournier.
machu46
General Manager
And1: 3,667

Post#1886 » by machu46 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:37 am

AussieBuck wrote:Not sure there'll be much appetite for Fournier after his pants **** playoff performance against us.

I kinda like Fournier as a less costly acquisition than a guy like Buddy Hield (though I'd probably still prefer Buddy), but it would be pretty ironic to trade Bledsoe due to his playoff struggles for Fournier, who would cost relatively little because of his playoff struggles (and also was significantly worse against us than Bledsoe was against them).

That would definitely be a case where I'm hypothetically making a straight-up swap; not adding a 1st to the deal.
trwi7 wrote:**** me deep, Giannis. ****. Me. Deep.
Fotis St
General Manager
And1: 2,888

Post#1887 » by Fotis St » Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:08 pm

I really like Fournier too and this deal is really good except the trade values.
Fournier has a Player Option , if he accepts it , we can trade for him on his expiring contract,
so trading a good guard like Bledsoe (bad fit for Bucks) plus a 1st for an expiring Fournier is too much to give in my opinion.
If we explore other options like Lavine , Seth Curry , and we cannot get them , Fournier is on my 2nd tier of my trade targets.
So in my opinion a straight up Bledsoe for Fournier (maybe add a 2nd) is more appropriate
Draft picks: '15 Jerian Grant, '16 Thon Maker, '17 Isaiah Hartenstein/*John Collins, '18 TD Devonte Graham, Hamidou Diallo, '20 Sam Merrill, Killian Tillie, '21 Joe Wieskamp, '22 TU C.Braun/G.Procida '23 Tristan Vukcevic/Maxwell Lewis
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,664

Post#1888 » by WeekapaugGroove » Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:10 pm

skones wrote:
Prez wrote:S&T Bledsoe, Pacers 1st for Bogdanovic
Brook for Lonzo
Hill, future Bucks 1st for Spencer Dinwiddie
Jerami Grant MLE
Marc Gasol, Wes Matthews minimum

Dinwiddie / Lonzo
Bogdanovic / Donte
Middleton / Matthews
Giannis / Grant
Gasol / Rolo

Your timeline doesn't work. Sacramento would have to like/love the player we select after the fact.
Yeah people putting current years draft picks in their sign and trades for RFAs is a realgm disease that will never be cured.

Sent from my SM-G986U using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
Chuck Diesel
RealGM
And1: 11,556

Post#1889 » by Chuck Diesel » Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:26 pm

If/when the Bucks decline Ersan’s final 7 mil, I wonder if he’d agree to come back on the veterans minimum for a couple years and make back the rest of the money as Director of Caspian Sea Scouting or something like that. Our Pecheneg version of Udonis Haslem.
skones
RealGM

Post#1890 » by skones » Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:33 pm

Chuck Diesel wrote:If/when the Bucks decline Ersan’s final 7 mil, I wonder if he’d agree to come back on the veterans minimum for a couple years and make back the rest of the money as Director of Caspian Sea Scouting or something like that. Our Pecheneg version of Udonis Haslem.

I don't expect them to decline it. They'll need the salary for trade inclusion.
Chuck Diesel
RealGM

Post#1891 » by Chuck Diesel » Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:25 pm

Not that it should prohibit the Bucks from moving him in a good deal, but I’m curious if Ersan would rather have his option picked up and traded or stay on the minimum. At this stage with all his roots in Milwaukee I could relocating being a huge pain. Also the most money he’d make in a single season for the rest of his career.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,725

Post#1892 » by emunney » Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:26 pm

Yeah I don't know how the fulfill the promise to spend into the tax if they decline Ersan.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,664

Post#1893 » by WeekapaugGroove » Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:42 pm

emunney wrote:Yeah I don't know how the fulfill the promise to spend into the tax if they decline Ersan.
I'm sure they are exploring their trade options right now and if something is cooking that requires Ersans money they will pick it up. But it takes two to tango on a trade and the real question is do they still pick that option up if no deal is imminent. Would they be willing to carry that into the season to help facilitate a deadline deal. That's the real money question.

Sent from my SM-G986U using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
StickeeFingaz
RealGM
And1: 6,656

Post#1894 » by StickeeFingaz » Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:23 pm

Really surprised some people think trading Bledsoe can bring back decent value, you know other front offices also watch the playoffs? I think people are going to be surprised at how little value he has.

ETA: Forgot to add that of course there are some really stupid front offices out there, guess we just have to bank on Horst duping one of them.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Chuck Diesel
RealGM

Post#1895 » by Chuck Diesel » Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:26 pm

StickeeFingaz wrote:Really surprised some people think trading Bledsoe can bring back decent value, you know other front offices also watch the playoffs? I think people are going to be surprised at how little value he has.

Also wonder if our front office watched the playoffs when they extended him. Small sample size tho!
StickeeFingaz
RealGM
And1: 6,656

Post#1896 » by StickeeFingaz » Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:29 pm

Chuck Diesel wrote:
StickeeFingaz wrote:Really surprised some people think trading Bledsoe can bring back decent value, you know other front offices also watch the playoffs? I think people are going to be surprised at how little value he has.

Also wonder if our front office watched the playoffs when they extended him. Small sample size tho!

I remember the majority opinion was that it was a team friendly extension. I guess it was team friendly for the regular season but ultimately team unfriendly when it actually matters.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Chuck Diesel
RealGM

Post#1897 » by Chuck Diesel » Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:33 pm

StickeeFingaz wrote:
Chuck Diesel wrote:

I remember the majority opinion was that it was a team friendly extension. I guess it was team friendly for the regular season but ultimately team unfriendly when it actually matters.

I was actually happy at the time because things were going so well and it was still refreshing that a good (ish) player would choose to stay in Milwaukee, but I had him out in a million fake trades the summer after he cost us the Boston series. It’s one thing for a guy to have a bad playoffs but another for him to be completely rattled to the point of looking unplayable. That’s what Bledsoe has been.
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,676

Post#1898 » by Ron Swanson » Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:46 pm

Guys with reputations for being playoff "chokers" get moved for value all the time. Usually fans overrate their own players and assets but in regards to Bledsoe, it seems to be the complete opposite. We've seen his warts up close for enough seasons that we've become jaded into thinking he's borderline unplayable in a modern NBA offense, but I'm pretty sure he'd fit damn well on another team whose superstar doesn't have the same spacing issues as Giannis does. You don't think a few Western Conference contenders (Utah, Denver) would covet his skill set to match-up against Curry, Lillard, Harden, etc.? Like all non-superstar assets, it's all about finding the right team, but the value is there.
Chuck Diesel
RealGM

Post#1899 » by Chuck Diesel » Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:59 pm

Bledsoe’s playoff struggles transcend any “fit” issues imo. He has an anxiety issue that causes him to crumble when the pressure ratchets up. He’s talked about it in the media and we’ve seen it for three straight years.
skones
RealGM

Post#1900 » by skones » Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:02 pm

Playoff choker Demar Derozan was moved as the primary piece in a Kawhi Leonard deal. It's ridiculous the way Bledsoe is being treated as entirely unplayable and this unmovable albatross without assets attached on the trade board.

On a team where he doesn't have to worry about staying out of the paint so Giannis can get downhill, he provides something a lot of teams lack as a guy who can get into the teeth of the defense and finish around the rim.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks