ImageImage

Bucks News, Trade Ideas and Transactions - OFF SEASON

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM
And1: 11,018

Re: Bucks News, Trade Ideas and Transactions - OFF SEASON 

Post#1901 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:04 pm

Chuck Diesel wrote:Bledsoe’s playoff struggles transcend any “fit” issues imo. He has an anxiety issue that causes him to crumble when the pressure ratchets up. He’s talked about it in the media and we’ve seen it for three straight years.

Normally i would disagree because there are examples of guys choking but becoming decent playoff players (Lowry, Harden, etc). Its such a small sample and playoff defense is so tight that a couple off games give guys that label. That said, Bledsoe is at the point where the sample size is bigger and he's also older. Not much hope there.
tydett
General Manager
And1: 6,750

Post#1902 » by tydett » Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:04 pm

Chuck Diesel wrote:Bledsoe’s playoff struggles transcend any “fit” issues imo. He has an anxiety issue that causes him to crumble when the pressure ratchets up. He’s talked about it in the media and we’ve seen it for three straight years.

True, but teams think they can "fix" guys all the time if they can just "get him in their system". Wouldn't be surprised if it's the same with Bledsoe and he has a nicer-than-we-expect value as a result.
StickeeFingaz
RealGM
And1: 6,631

Post#1903 » by StickeeFingaz » Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:13 pm

If I'm a good team that hopes to make a run in the playoffs, why do I want Bledsoe? When he's on the floor, opposing teams can play off and will gladly allow him to settle for jumpers which affects spacing for other players. His decision making in terms of when to shoot and when to pass leaves a lot to be desired. They don't go in as turnovers in the box score but those pull up threes with 18 on the shot clock might as well be turnovers. Sure he can play good point of attack defense, although I thought his nightmarish offensive struggles against Boston in 2018 and Toronto in 2019 resulted in his defense falling off during those series.

If I'm a good team, I just see no reason to bring Bledsoe onboard, I'd rather try something else.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Bucksfan28
General Manager
And1: 4,918

Post#1904 » by Bucksfan28 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:22 pm

Bled's pull-up 3pt% has actually been his bread-and-butter the last two seasons (39%). And his RS numbers overall aren't that terrible, he seems to hover around 34%. I could see several teams being able to reconcile that with what they're getting on defense.

I wonder if Dallas would be interested.
MoreTrife wrote:Love seeing two buffoons have a buffoon competition.
DingleJerry
RealGM
And1: 8,126

Post#1905 » by DingleJerry » Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:27 pm

Yes, if you're a team that has true title contender hopes I think you hold off on Bledsoe unless the fit is perfect or deal is too greatly in your favor. However, there is a whole pile of teams that just want to be better, make the playoffs, be descent, etc and Bledsoe can certainly help in that area. Take your Detroits, Orlando, Chicago, Knicks, Wolves type of teams.

Another reason a team would want him would simply be that there isn't any better options available to them. No one is perfect, and Bled isn't, but sometimes its the best you can do.
Resident Lillard truther since 2015.
raferfenix
RealGM
And1: 3,526

Post#1906 » by raferfenix » Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:59 pm

Bledsoe also has the Rich Paul factor which has led to some lopsided trades (for good or for ill) in the past.
Brewhoopfan
Sixth Man
And1: 1,908

Post#1907 » by Brewhoopfan » Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:02 pm

Bled's playoff FG% has dropped every single year. It's bad and getting worse. It's a confidence issue the Bucks can't afford to gamble on, again.
giannis and 1
Starter
And1: 1,111

Post#1908 » by giannis and 1 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:24 pm

Prez wrote:S&T Bledsoe, Pacers 1st for Bogdanovic
Brook for Lonzo
Hill, future Bucks 1st for Spencer Dinwiddie
Jerami Grant MLE
Marc Gasol, Wes Matthews minimum

Dinwiddie / Lonzo
Bogdanovic / Donte
Middleton / Matthews
Giannis / Grant
Gasol / Rolo

Gasol is not a starter any more. He was bad for the Raptors this season and terrible in the playoffs.
still learning the game

Matches Malone wrote:How did NBA fandom get to the point that it's more fun to thirst over players on other teams than to care more about your own team and players...
raferfenix
RealGM
And1: 3,526

Post#1909 » by raferfenix » Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:27 pm

Few things I'm thinking about with a potential CP3 acquisition:

1. Would we want to move Giannis to center? He'd be in a different stratosphere as Tyson Chandler but the alley oops and passing lanes would be comparable to his early days with Paul. Wondering whether that prospect would impact how we'd value BroLo in particular.

2. If the Bucks were to acquire Paul, how do we think George Hill would compliment him? We'd lose our depth in the backcourt if we deal both Bledsoe and Hill, which is scary considering how brittle CP3 is, but we've got to deal salary from somewhere.

3. How likely are we to be able to deal both Robin Lopez ($4.8 million player option) + Ersan Ilyasova ($7 million team option)? If RoLo is definitely opting in we would be more in the drivers seat. The team opting in for Ersan impacts our financial flexibility which which might have other tradeoffs too (exceptions?), which also comes into consideration about which significant salaries we'd prefer to deal vs keep.
giannis and 1
Starter

Post#1910 » by giannis and 1 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:29 pm

drone3 wrote:Feel like we could have won it all with CP3 this year. Next year he will be 36, that's pretty old.

That's what people said about him last year though. All the rest that he has gotten since Spring 2019 due to covid bodes well for him. And he doesn't play a game that relies on athleticism and physical skill.
still learning the game

Matches Malone wrote:How did NBA fandom get to the point that it's more fun to thirst over players on other teams than to care more about your own team and players...
th87
General Manager
And1: 9,512

Post#1911 » by th87 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:38 pm

DingleJerry wrote:Yes, if you're a team that has true title contender hopes I think you hold off on Bledsoe unless the fit is perfect or deal is too greatly in your favor. However, there is a whole pile of teams that just want to be better, make the playoffs, be descent, etc and Bledsoe can certainly help in that area. Take your Detroits, Orlando, Chicago, Knicks, Wolves type of teams.

Another reason a team would want him would simply be that there isn't any better options available to them. No one is perfect, and Bled isn't, but sometimes its the best you can do.

New Orleans!

What would we need to add to Bledsoe to get Jrue? Lopez? DDV? Picks?
th87
General Manager
And1: 9,512

Post#1912 » by th87 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:40 pm

giannis and 1 wrote:
Brook for Lonzo
Jerami Grant MLE

Dinwiddie / Lonzo
Bogdanovic / Donte
Middleton / Matthews
Giannis / Grant
Gasol / Rolo

Gasol is not a starter any more. He was bad for the Raptors this season and terrible in the playoffs.

He got fat and disinterested in the bubble. If he can bring himself back into shape, he'll have another year.
machu46
General Manager
And1: 3,637

Post#1913 » by machu46 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:43 pm

th87 wrote:
DingleJerry wrote:Yes, if you're a team that has true title contender hopes I think you hold off on Bledsoe unless the fit is perfect or deal is too greatly in your favor. However, there is a whole pile of teams that just want to be better, make the playoffs, be descent, etc and Bledsoe can certainly help in that area. Take your Detroits, Orlando, Chicago, Knicks, Wolves type of teams.

New Orleans!

What would we need to add to Bledsoe to get Jrue? Lopez? DDV? Picks?

Honestly I'm not really interested in a Bledsoe + for Jrue kinda deal. Jrue is an overrated asset in my opinion. Would much rather just get CP3 or Conley or even a lesser name like Rubio.
trwi7 wrote:**** me deep, Giannis. ****. Me. Deep.
skones
RealGM
And1: 17,105

Post#1914 » by skones » Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:46 pm

Bledsoe was a VERY good pick and roll player when he was with Phoenix, something which Bud has completely failed to implement despite Giannis's dominance as a rollman in limited opportunity. If I'm Denver, I'm looking at him, seeing opportunities with Jokic and MPJ, and also seeing that nobody on my roster can really get into the teeth of the defense and make things collapse.

I don't have to have the ball in his hands in crucial situations because I've got others to handle that for me.
giannis and 1
Starter

Post#1915 » by giannis and 1 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:47 pm

th87 wrote:
giannis and 1 wrote:
Brook for Lonzo
Jerami Grant MLE

Dinwiddie / Lonzo
Bogdanovic / Donte
Middleton / Matthews
Giannis / Grant
Gasol / Rolo

He got fat and disinterested in the bubble. If he can bring himself back into shape, he'll have another year.

He was declining well before that. Brook is a better play by a decent margin.
still learning the game

Chuck Diesel
RealGM
And1: 11,556

Post#1916 » by Chuck Diesel » Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:50 pm

Bucksfan28 wrote:Bled's pull-up 3pt% has actually been his bread-and-butter the last two seasons (39%). And his RS numbers overall aren't that terrible, he seems to hover around 34%. I could see several teams being able to reconcile that with what they're getting on defense.

Would do Bled for Curry/Kleber in a heartbeat. Also really like Brunson and Finney Smith.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,647

Post#1917 » by emunney » Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:51 pm

Chuck Diesel wrote:
StickeeFingaz wrote:Really surprised some people think trading Bledsoe can bring back decent value, you know other front offices also watch the playoffs? I think people are going to be surprised at how little value he has.

Also wonder if our front office watched the playoffs when they extended him. Small sample size tho!

Eh, there are plenty of teams for whom playoff performance is not a primary concern, and these are the teams we should want to deal with anyway. Besides, for the most part he's still been very good defensively. It's the fine motor stuff that abandons him.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
Bucksfan28
General Manager
And1: 4,918

Post#1918 » by Bucksfan28 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:05 pm

Chuck Diesel wrote:
Bucksfan28 wrote:Bled's pull-up 3pt% has actually been his bread-and-butter the last two seasons (39%). And his RS numbers overall aren't that terrible, he seems to hover around 34%. I could see several teams being able to reconcile that with what they're getting on defense.

Would do Bled for Curry/Kleber in a heartbeat. Also really like Brunson and Finney Smith.

Yea I had Seth as the starting point and could go a number of different ways. Like all three of those dudes you mention and also wonder where theyre at with THJ. He was strokin the 3-ball this year.
MoreTrife wrote:Love seeing two buffoons have a buffoon competition.
StickeeFingaz
RealGM
And1: 6,631

Post#1919 » by StickeeFingaz » Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:18 pm

emunney wrote:
Chuck Diesel wrote:
StickeeFingaz wrote:Really surprised some people think trading Bledsoe can bring back decent value, you know other front offices also watch the playoffs? I think people are going to be surprised at how little value he has.

Also wonder if our front office watched the playoffs when they extended him. Small sample size tho!

Eh, there are plenty of teams for whom playoff performance is not a primary concern, and these are the teams we should want to deal with anyway. Besides, for the most part he's still been very good defensively. It's the fine motor stuff that abandons him.

Right, so we have to find the equivalent to a Herb Kohl era Bucks team and swindle them for value.
#FreeChuckDiesel
tonyreyes123
Starter
And1: 746

Post#1920 » by tonyreyes123 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:27 pm

Bledsoe/Hill/Lopez for Westbrook?
Bucks tricked me into being a diehard in 2001, LeBron is the 2nd best player ever, and pizza is awesome.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks