ImageImageImage

2020 Playoff - Western Conference 2nd Round: [3]Denver Nuggets vs [2]LA Clippers

Moderator: THE J0KER

The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,338

Re: 2020 Playoff - Western Conference 2nd Round: [3]Denver Nuggets vs [2]LA Clippers 

Post#61 » by The Rebel » Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:58 am

babyjax13 wrote:Still rooting for you all. I think seeing how Jokic has performed, from a selfish standpoint, people should be a lot more impressed with what Rudy did last series.

It is funny, I posted in one of those JOkic threads on the general board that despite his numbers that Jokic did not meet expectations in the 1st round and gave credit to Gobert then. I think the Jazz were pretty underrated as well, and Mitchell was historic, but when you look at what Jokic did in this series it is pretty obvious that Gobert did as well as could be expected.
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Re: 2020 Playoff - Western Conference 2nd Round: [3]Denver Nuggets vs [2]LA Clippers 

Post#62 » by The Rebel » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:00 am

Dr_Heat wrote:Congrats guys.

Imagine a Miami/Denver finals , oof

**** the ratings, that would be a good entertaining finals. In fact if the NBA wants more viewers they should promote the crap out of the Heat, Nuggets, and Celtics right now. 3 of the top 4 teams stacked with a bunch of young talent, and very entertaining styles of play.
babyjax13
RealGM
And1: 14,263

Post#63 » by babyjax13 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:15 am

CONGRATS!!!!

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
RonaldArtest
General Manager
And1: 12,531

Post#64 » by RonaldArtest » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:23 am

Congrats and respect to your squad who won’t back down or give up. Love the fight in that group, and definitely two studs in Jokic and Murray who rose to the occasion when the stakes were high. You got a ton of Raptor fans celebrating tonight along with y’all, rooting for the Nugs the rest of the way!
Yuri Vaultin
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 14,269

Post#65 » by Yuri Vaultin » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:51 am

Love this so much! My fav western conference team advances. Back-to-back down 3-1 series wins - that is one hell of a legacy!
Props to Turbo_Zone for the sig.
THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets
And1: 6,513

Post#66 » by THE J0KER » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:07 am

The Rebel wrote:
babyjax13 wrote:Still rooting for you all. I think seeing how Jokic has performed, from a selfish standpoint, people should be a lot more impressed with what Rudy did last series.

It is funny, I posted in one of those JOkic threads on the general board that despite his numbers that Jokic did not meet expectations in the 1st round and gave credit to Gobert then. I think the Jazz were pretty underrated as well, and Mitchell was historic, but when you look at what Jokic did in this series it is pretty obvious that Gobert did as well as could be expected.

I don't want to underestimate the great efforts of 2xDPoY, but for me, Jokic in August is clearly not fully recovered from COVID19. He averaged only 6.0 rebounds in bubble seeding games and only 7.2 rebounds in August playoff games (6 games), while in September (8 games) he looks now fully fit with averaging 13.5 rebounds, which is Jokic we already watched in the 2019 playoff.

Some people comment that he started to underperform in rebounds this summer because of weight loss, but it is COVID19 obviously, the real consequence of Jokic weight loss we can see now when he is finally fit. Jokic now has an arguably higher vertical jump and has 10 blocks in past 6 games which is unusual for him.
skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,252

Post#67 » by skywalker33 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:31 am

Could Jokic win the playoff MVP ?? Got my vote, Murray in that voting as well !!
Texas Chuck wrote:I'd like to see Utah, and Denver lose

Exactly as I've been saying all along !!
THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets

Post#68 » by THE J0KER » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:32 am

Read on Twitter
skywalker33

Post#69 » by skywalker33 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:40 am

So if/WHEN we beat the Lakers, do we become the FAVORITES to win the NBA Finals ??? No team will be hotter than us, just a thought.

The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#70 » by The Rebel » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:51 am

skywalker33 wrote:So if/WHEN we beat the Lakers, do we become the FAVORITES to win the NBA Finals ??? No team will be hotter than us, just a thought.

Nah when we finish the sweep it will just be because the Lakers were off too long and couldn't get it going for 4 games. Than we will be under dogs again.
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#71 » by The Rebel » Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:14 pm

Anybody else notice the way Laker and LeBron fans are celebrating? Tells me they were scared of the Clippers, after what we just did to the Clippers you would think they would be scared of the Nuggets, but I guess they aren't that smart.
madmaxmedia
RealGM
And1: 6,691

Post#72 » by madmaxmedia » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:00 pm

Good job guys, I (kind of) love the way you have come back in multiple series and congratulate you on your success with Mike Malone.

(Somehow I'm able to compartmentalize my dread over losing the series, and this. :oops: :lol: )
madmaxmedia
RealGM
And1: 6,691

Post#73 » by madmaxmedia » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:03 pm

skywalker33 wrote:So if/WHEN we beat the Lakers, do we become the FAVORITES to win the NBA Finals ??? No team will be hotter than us, just a thought.

If you end up winning the whole thing, it will have felt better to do it against peoples' predictions anyways.

The NBA is a star-driven league, and you have 2 star players who just don't have the star popularity of some other players. OTOH I think if you make it to the Finals, there will be many who will pick Denver over Boston, and especially Miami. Those teams have great players too, but also no big names in terms of pop culture.
skywalker33

Post#74 » by skywalker33 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:48 pm

Looking at the remaining 4 teams, we look like the team nobody wants to play. Remember, our 1st game vs. the Lakers in the bubble, LBJ and AD playing well into the 4th qtr while our starters sat on the bench ?? Barely beat Bol and our 2nd teamers...laughable IMO

LewisnotMiller
Analyst
And1: 3,225

Post#75 » by LewisnotMiller » Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:38 am

Finally got around to watching the game, which I had recorded.
Congratulations.

I was always going to barrack for anyone going up against the LA teams, but I have a massive soft sport for Denver.
The team has been built from the ground up, hasn't been done any favours, and Jokic is a complete joy to watch.

Obviously I'm still hoping for a Denver-Celts final, and in that case I hope we destroy you, but really pleased to see you guys moving forwards, and wish you well.
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#76 » by The Rebel » Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:04 am

skywalker33 wrote:Looking at the remaining 4 teams, we look like the team nobody wants to play. Remember, our 1st game vs. the Lakers in the bubble, LBJ and AD playing well into the 4th qtr while our starters sat on the bench ?? Barely beat Bol and our 2nd teamers...laughable IMO

I guess we have a secret weapon if we need it, and honestly I would not mind Bol getting 10 mpg for the next couple of games just to see what happens. his long ass arms gave the Lakers fits. My reasoning is a lot more in depth than that, but I think we win the series.
THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets

Post#77 » by THE J0KER » Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:52 am

The Rebel wrote:Anybody else notice the way Laker and LeBron fans are celebrating? Tells me they were scared of the Clippers, after what we just did to the Clippers you would think they would be scared of the Nuggets, but I guess they aren't that smart.

I didn't recognize "Good, Nuggets is a much easier opponent for us" as dominant logic in that. Simply, Clippers is a franchise that Lakers fans for decades didn't take seriously, but suddenly they get a superambitious billionaire as the new owner, take star which Lakers wanted too, create a superteam overnight, and started to build a new arena. In the views of many Lakers fans Balmer's Clippers are not "Los Angeles B-Team" anymore but Lakers' new #1 rival in the league. They celebrate the Clippers' loss more for those reasons than because they thinking with Clippers (and Bucks) out nobody can challenge them.
skywalker33

Post#78 » by skywalker33 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:24 am

LewisnotMiller wrote:Finally got around to watching the game, which I had recorded.
Congratulations.

I was always going to barrack for anyone going up against the LA teams, but I have a massive soft sport for Denver.
The team has been built from the ground up, hasn't been done any favours, and Jokic is a complete joy to watch.

Obviously I'm still hoping for a Denver-Celts final, and in that case I hope we destroy you, but really pleased to see you guys moving forwards, and wish you well.

Well, thanks, sorta. Even so, unless your C's start playing better, your hope is infounded. How do you feel about DEN-MIA ?? Or perhaps, BOS can come back like the Nuggets, now that would be a storyline !!

NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,056

Post#79 » by NuggetsWY » Fri Sep 18, 2020 12:28 pm

LewisnotMiller wrote:Finally got around to watching the game, which I had recorded.
Congratulations.

Appreciate the sentiment and still think the Celtics can win the series, but they need to figure out what's going on. Tatum, Brown, Smart, Walker would be a major challenge for the Nuggets - if we matchup, I hope you take a 3 games to 1 lead so we can make it three series in a row. :lol:
skywalker33

Post#80 » by skywalker33 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:31 pm

NuggetsWY wrote:
Congratulations.

Appreciate the sentiment and still think the Celtics can win the series, but they need to figure out what's going on. Tatum, Brown, Smart, Walker would be a major challenge for the Nuggets - if we matchup, I hope you take a 3 games to 1 lead so we can make it three series in a row. :lol:

Couldn't be THREE in a row, but I could see FOUR in a row :lol: Not sure my heart could take that much drama though

Return to Denver Nuggets