Grats Denver fans.

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

kombayn
Assistant Coach
And1: 746

Re: Grats Denver fans. 

Post#81 » by kombayn » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:44 am

Tip of the cap to the Nuggets. I'm just at a loss for words.
DFan
Rookie
And1: 740

Post#82 » by DFan » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:44 am

milkii wrote:I'm rooting for you Denver. No one wants to see Lebron getting another ring.

Absolutely!
GO NUGGETS!!!
BallerTalk
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,816

Post#83 » by BallerTalk » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:45 am

ClipsFanSince98 wrote:It's weird. I'm not even mad right now. I'm just numb.

Schadenfreude isn't really my thing but after all the subtle (and not so subtle) shots you've taken at my guys recently and over these last few seasons, I have to admit feeling a small...perhaps even smug sense of karmic satisfaction here.

:nod:

Oh well, cheers...and for the record I do appreciate your attempting to be a fair sport in this obvious moment of disappointment.
You checkin' for the sound of the beast
I'm the hound, I'ma creep, I get down, I'ma eat
I'ma keep somethin' to lay a naysayer to sleep
-
OkcSinceSGA
RealGM
And1: 29,539

Post#84 » by OkcSinceSGA » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:45 am

homecourtloss wrote:
iamworthy wrote:ClipsFanSince98 spent the entire year bragging about the clippers

He knows the bumped threads are coming so this is an attempt at garnering some goodwill to buffer against the backlash. An entire season of making excuses, complaining about refs when the Clips take more FTs than anyone, shots at the Lakers and LeBron (PEDs, etc).

Naw, I've never run from my own posts really. I've been wrong plenty of times... it happens. In all fairness you and a handful of other Raptors fans have attacked me first pretty much dating back to last season due to the Clippers courting Kawhi stuff. I've been trolled by Raptors fans pretty relentlessly (a handful of you), and simply hit back on it. Not sure why this is the appropriate time to do this gloating though? Raptors didn't advance either. We both lost in 7. I even praised the Raptors similarly for having one hell of a season. Sounds like a few of you are just bitter with how things turned out with Kawhi and have a bone to pick.
“This kid reminds me of a 6-6 Chris Paul. He wants to win everything.”

Olin Simplis- SGA’s trainer.
Masai4PM
Junior
And1: 860

Post#85 » by Masai4PM » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:46 am

Having a piece of humble pie are we, served ice cold.
lonzo_pelota
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,553

Post#86 » by lonzo_pelota » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:46 am

Denver pulled off the huge upset Salute.
Read on Twitter
OkcSinceSGA
RealGM

Post#87 » by OkcSinceSGA » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:48 am

BallerTalk wrote:

Schadenfreude isn't really my thing but after all the subtle (and not so subtle) shots you've taken at my guys recently and over these last few seasons, I have to admit feeling a small...perhaps even smug sense of karmic satisfaction here.

Oh well, cheers...and for the record I do appreciate your attempting to be a fair sport in this obvious moment of disappointment.

All good. I'm not saying I haven't talked trash man. I've had my moments with people (including you a couple times). I have no issue with you feeling good about the Clippers meltdown to try to bring me down a peg. In all fairness though I'm a pretty damn mercurial fan. I spent as much time this season bashing the Clippers about how weak they were mentally, not ready chemistry wise like Lakers and Bucks... as I did hyping them. Nobody remembers those moments though apparently :).

The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,338

Post#88 » by The Rebel » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:49 am

lonzo_pelota wrote:Denver pulled off the huge upset Salute.
Read on Twitter

Oddly game 3 convinced me that the Nuggets were going to win the series.
lakerz12
Head Coach
And1: 8,899

Post#89 » by lakerz12 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:51 am

ClipsFanSince98 wrote:It's weird. I'm not even mad right now. I'm just numb. I feel what I've felt so many times in 20 years. You guys deserved this series. You were the better team, and especially better coached. Maybe your team exposing the Clippers will be good for them in the long run some how? I hope this forces some trades and Doc firing, sadly that's likely a pipe dream. Anyway, hell of a season and good luck vs the Lakers. Should be a great series.

Sorry for the tough loss.

We will welcome you to the Laker fan base if you decide to jump ship. :D

Hey remember LeBron/Wade/Bosh didn’t win their first year together so maybe not all is lost. Just need another nice piece.

At the end of the day this is just sports/entertainment and it’s funny how serious we take it!

Take care!
OkcSinceSGA
RealGM

Post#90 » by OkcSinceSGA » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:53 am

The Rebel wrote:
Read on Twitter

There is a guy that bet $1000 on the Nuggets when down 1-3 that will now take home 21k. I should of hedged knowing the history of this team LOL. I could of had my house downpayment for next year all together.

OkcSinceSGA
RealGM

Post#91 » by OkcSinceSGA » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:54 am

lakerz12 wrote:
ClipsFanSince98 wrote:It's weird. I'm not even mad right now. I'm just numb. I feel what I've felt so many times in 20 years. You guys deserved this series. You were the better team, and especially better coached. Maybe your team exposing the Clippers will be good for them in the long run some how? I hope this forces some trades and Doc firing, sadly that's likely a pipe dream. Anyway, hell of a season and good luck vs the Lakers. Should be a great series.

Sorry for the tough loss.

We will welcome you to the Laker fan base if you decide to jump ship. :D

Hey remember LeBron/Wade/Bosh didn’t win their first year together so maybe not all is lost. Just need another nice piece.

At the end of the day this is just sports/entertainment and it’s funny how serious we take it!

Take care!

Amen man. Appreciate it. Good luck in the next round. Interestingly enough I may root for the Lakers to win it this year now. My entire family of Filipino in laws are Lakers fans, and it would be pretty cool for the "win it for Kobe" angle. I don't dislike the Nuggets, Celtics or Heat though, so anything is gravy mostly.

BallerTalk
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,816

Post#92 » by BallerTalk » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:57 am

ClipsFanSince98 wrote:
BallerTalk wrote:

All good. I'm not saying I haven't talked trash man. I've had my moments with people (including you a couple times). I have no issue with you feeling good about the Clippers meltdown to try to bring me down a peg. In all fairness though I'm a pretty damn mercurial fan. I spent as much time this season bashing the Clippers about how weak they were mentally, not ready chemistry wise like Lakers and Bucks... as I did hyping them. Nobody remembers those moments though apparently :).

That's likely because none of your gripes ever seemed genuine. They often came across as obnoxious "humble brags" from a guy who knew his team was the prohibitive favorite from day one of the season.
You checkin' for the sound of the beast
I'm the hound, I'ma creep, I get down, I'ma eat
I'ma keep somethin' to lay a naysayer to sleep
-
NPZ
Analyst
And1: 2,505

Post#93 » by NPZ » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:58 am

The Rebel wrote:
tsirigoj wrote:
ClipsFanSince98 wrote:
Please stay on topic. It should be obvious I ignored your first 3 troll attempts. I wouldn't want mods to give you a strike.

There are plenty of Clips fans on here that can responsibly debate how they thought Clips were far superior. If I was up to it, I'd find probably a hundred separate occasions when you were off-the-rails.

Honestly, I appreciate the passion. I really do. But, like I said waaaayyyyy at the beginning at preseason -- it's unwise to bet against The King.

I actually think the Clips would have been embarrassed in the WCF if they had to face LeBron and AD. Guess we'll never know.

What exactly did Lebron do? He hasn't beaten the Nuggets, they were the 2nd seed before they tanked a few games in the bubble. maybe we should see what happens next round before you get too excited.

Also I love how you and all the Lakers fans are acting like you have done something, cheering for a guy like Lebron doesn't make you special. Sticking by a team through the ups and downs is what makes winning great. Lebron stacked teams are like using a cheat code in a video game, ya you beat the game, but deep down you know you didn't earn it. Lebron has 1 championship without another top 5 player on his team, wow.

Lakers FO wants to win. They pay the price for these kinds of pairings. Nuggs did good here, but you have your culture and restrictions and standards and the Lakers have theirs.
NPZ's Definitive Magic Johnson highlight reel

49, 50, 52, 53, 54, 72, 80, 82, 85, 87, 88, 00, 01, 02, 09, 10, 20
IgorK
Veteran
And1: 4,786

Post#94 » by IgorK » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:58 am

homecourtloss wrote:
iamworthy wrote:ClipsFanSince98 spent the entire year bragging about the clippers

He knows the bumped threads are coming so this is an attempt at garnering some goodwill to buffer against the backlash. An entire season of making excuses, complaining about refs when the Clips take more FTs than anyone, shots at the Lakers and LeBron (PEDs, etc).

THIS.

I'm here to watch ClipFan eat crow by the bucket, and I'm enjoying it.
"You want me to own a team and deal with these rich, spoiled stubborn athletes, and try to get them to perform? No thank you." - Kobe

AMG
Johnny Bball
RealGM
And1: 48,737

Post#95 » by Johnny Bball » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:02 am

ClipsFanSince98 wrote:
homecourtloss wrote:

Naw, I've never run from my own posts really. I've been wrong plenty of times... it happens. In all fairness you and a handful of other Raptors fans have attacked me first pretty much dating back to last season due to the Clippers courting Kawhi stuff. I've been trolled by Raptors fans pretty relentlessly (a handful of you), and simply hit back on it. Not sure why this is the appropriate time to do this gloating though? Raptors didn't advance either. We both lost in 7. I even praised the Raptors similarly for having one hell of a season. Sounds like a few of you are just bitter with how things turned out with Kawhi and have a bone to pick.

Wait...you're blaming your behavior on other raptor fans... you're blaming your year long of peacocking trash talk on me and other raptor fans now? Well then... good to see the attempt at goodwiill lasted about 5 **** minutes.

And taking another shot at the Raptors not advancing....you didn't learn a damn thing. :lol: :lol: :lol:
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#96 » by The Rebel » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:03 am

ClipsFanSince98 wrote:
The Rebel wrote:
Read on Twitter

There is a guy that bet $1000 on the Nuggets when down 1-3 that will now take home 21k. I should of hedged knowing the history of this team LOL. I could of had my house downpayment for next year all together.

I would have bet, but I quit betting on the Nuggets years ago, it always felt that they would be on the wrong side of any spread by 1 point or the opposite side of over/under every time I bet on them.

I posted on the Nuggets board that we were going to win 3 of the next 4, to me it was pretty obvious at that point.
OkcSinceSGA
RealGM

Post#97 » by OkcSinceSGA » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:04 am

BallerTalk wrote:
ClipsFanSince98 wrote:
BallerTalk wrote:

That's likely because none of your gripes ever seemed genuine. They often came across as obnoxious "humble brags" from a guy who knew his team was the prohibitive favorite from day one of the season.

Then they haven't followed me during the previous eras I guess? I was constantly ripping the Lob City teams to shreds. I often agreed with the Clippers fan who was known to be negative and ended up leaving the forum or getting banned (forgetting name right now). I've never once humble bragged, it's just people misinterpreting. I legitimately brought up the jekyl and hyde mentality of this team 100x this year. I'm sure some posters will recall this. I've blown up on the team in like 20 game threads. I post way too much as it is to spend my time with fake posting. What I post is how I feel at the time, and I'm a very genuine/expressive person in general.

Masai4PM
Junior
And1: 860

Post#98 » by Masai4PM » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:06 am

Bye Felicia.

Playoffs just became much more enjoyable.
OkcSinceSGA
RealGM

Post#99 » by OkcSinceSGA » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:06 am

Johnny Bball wrote:
ClipsFanSince98 wrote:
homecourtloss wrote:

Wait...you're blaming you're behavior on other raptor fans... you're blaming your year long of peacocking trash talk on me and other raptor fans now? Well then... good to see the attempt at goodwiill lasted about 5 **** minutes.

And taking another shot at the Raptors not advancing....you didn't learn a damn thing. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Look up our history. I never attack first. You've been on my ass since Lawrence Frank was scouting your games, before Kawhi left. Constantly taking random personal shots at me in threads. I almost never get into that kind of personal stuff. Any post I've mentioned you was a response to something YOU have said. I have plenty of goodwill, but once again look at your approach in here? I'm extending a congratulations to Nuggets fans.... and a couple Raptors fans+1 Lakers fan comes in and immediately tries to troll me for things in the past. Yet you think my posting is the problem here? If you want goodwill, please don't troll about off topic stuff and instigate.

The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#100 » by The Rebel » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:10 am

NPZ wrote:
The Rebel wrote:
tsirigoj wrote:
There are plenty of Clips fans on here that can responsibly debate how they thought Clips were far superior. If I was up to it, I'd find probably a hundred separate occasions when you were off-the-rails.

Honestly, I appreciate the passion. I really do. But, like I said waaaayyyyy at the beginning at preseason -- it's unwise to bet against The King.

I actually think the Clips would have been embarrassed in the WCF if they had to face LeBron and AD. Guess we'll never know.

What exactly did Lebron do? He hasn't beaten the Nuggets, they were the 2nd seed before they tanked a few games in the bubble. maybe we should see what happens next round before you get too excited.

Also I love how you and all the Lakers fans are acting like you have done something, cheering for a guy like Lebron doesn't make you special. Sticking by a team through the ups and downs is what makes winning great. Lebron stacked teams are like using a cheat code in a video game, ya you beat the game, but deep down you know you didn't earn it. Lebron has 1 championship without another top 5 player on his team, wow.

Lakers FO wants to win. They pay the price for these kinds of pairings. Nuggs did good here, but you have your culture and restrictions and standards and the Lakers have theirs.

I understand what the Lakers do, but you are missing the fact that the Lakers have been terrible for years, this is your 1st time in the playoffs in how many years? Only Lebron fans would be gloating like clowns, because they have spent their entire fandom cheering for stacked teams and acting like they have done something, when at the end of the day not a single 1 of us accomplish **** posting on message boards.

Return to The General Board