Grats Denver fans.

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

IgorK
Veteran
And1: 4,786

Re: Grats Denver fans. 

Post#101 » by IgorK » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:15 am

The Rebel wrote:
NPZ wrote:
The Rebel wrote:
What exactly did Lebron do? He hasn't beaten the Nuggets, they were the 2nd seed before they tanked a few games in the bubble. maybe we should see what happens next round before you get too excited.

Also I love how you and all the Lakers fans are acting like you have done something, cheering for a guy like Lebron doesn't make you special. Sticking by a team through the ups and downs is what makes winning great. Lebron stacked teams are like using a cheat code in a video game, ya you beat the game, but deep down you know you didn't earn it. Lebron has 1 championship without another top 5 player on his team, wow.

Lakers FO wants to win. They pay the price for these kinds of pairings. Nuggs did good here, but you have your culture and restrictions and standards and the Lakers have theirs.

I understand what the Lakers do, but you are missing the fact that the Lakers have been terrible for years, this is your 1st time in the playoffs in how many years? Only Lebron fans would be gloating like clowns, because they have spent their entire fandom cheering for stacked teams and acting like they have done something, when at the end of the day not a single 1 of us accomplish **** posting on message boards.

Your point is horrible. Most Lakers fans are LAKERS fans, not LeBron fans. We suffered through numerous valleys - and we know how to enjoy the peaks. This Denver team is terrific, but don't sh*t on Lakers fans just because you THINK we're in it for LeBron. That's plain stupid.
"You want me to own a team and deal with these rich, spoiled stubborn athletes, and try to get them to perform? No thank you." - Kobe

AMG
svart
Analyst
And1: 3,375

Post#102 » by svart » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:15 am

Sedale Threatt wrote:
iamworthy wrote:
ClipsFanSince98 wrote:It's weird. I'm not even mad right now. I'm just numb. I feel what I've felt so many times in 20 years. You guys deserved this series. You were the better team, and especially better coached. Maybe your team exposing the Clippers will be good for them in the long run some how? I hope this forces some trades and Doc firing, sadly that's likely a pipe dream. Anyway, hell of a season and good luck vs the Lakers. Should be a great series.

So much crow from you. You spent the entire year talking about how much better the clippers were better than the lakers.

Talk sht, eat sht.

That's interesting, I thought at first you are talking about clippers players, it is so valid in that sense either.

Congrats to the Nuggets, i'll rooT dor you in the WCF
''You don't need to be serious to be focused"
Philosopher and basketball player JaVale McGee
mcgrady_1
Veteran
And1: 3,159

Post#103 » by mcgrady_1 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:19 am

Great win Denver fans. Every year I make sure to be at the Denver game vs Toronto.

But honestly, I thought you guys were toast.

I am very happy to be wrong.
Ckay
Head Coach
And1: 8,317

Post#104 » by Ckay » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:24 am

Johnny Bball
RealGM
And1: 48,636

Post#105 » by Johnny Bball » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:29 am

ClipsFanSince98 wrote:
Johnny Bball wrote:
ClipsFanSince98 wrote:
Naw, I've never run from my own posts really. I've been wrong plenty of times... it happens. In all fairness you and a handful of other Raptors fans have attacked me first pretty much dating back to last season due to the Clippers courting Kawhi stuff. I've been trolled by Raptors fans pretty relentlessly (a handful of you), and simply hit back on it. Not sure why this is the appropriate time to do this gloating though? Raptors didn't advance either. We both lost in 7. I even praised the Raptors similarly for having one hell of a season. Sounds like a few of you are just bitter with how things turned out with Kawhi and have a bone to pick.

Wait...you're blaming you're behavior on other raptor fans... you're blaming your year long of peacocking trash talk on me and other raptor fans now? Well then... good to see the attempt at goodwiill lasted about 5 **** minutes.

And taking another shot at the Raptors not advancing....you didn't learn a damn thing. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Look up our history. I never attack first. You've been on my ass since Lawrence Frank was scouting your games, before Kawhi left. Constantly taking random personal shots at me in threads. I almost never get into that kind of personal stuff. Any post I've mentioned you was a response to something YOU have said. I have plenty of goodwill, but once again look at your approach in here? I'm extending a congratulations to Nuggets fans.... and a couple Raptors fans+1 Lakers fan comes in and immediately tries to troll me for things in the past. Yet you think my posting is the problem here? If you want goodwill, please don't troll about off topic stuff and instigate.

Lmfao. You've been trolling our entire fan-base for a year. You think we forget? You think everyone on here attacked you first and they just didn't understand your passive aggressive threads and posts? You were trash talking last week about eating wings and watching the Clippers trash the Nuggets ffs!

I told you the last time you went too far I wouldn't forget it. You think this attempt at a thread means I don't remember and should treat you different and I'm wrong here? Lmao. Look at all the posts here. And everywhere. Yeah... it's all everyone else. And you're blaming everyone else? The victim after your year long trolling? Nah man... I don't forget when people act like that. Be a man at least. Your team lost and if it happens next year, you can bet the Clippers become Billy Kings Nets without picks for 5 years. So you better take your posts next year down about ten notches less of smug and douchey.
DFan
Rookie
And1: 740

Post#106 » by DFan » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:32 am

Ckay wrote:

That was cool
OkcSinceSGA
RealGM
And1: 29,487

Post#107 » by OkcSinceSGA » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:33 am

Johnny Bball wrote:
ClipsFanSince98 wrote:
Johnny Bball wrote:
Wait...you're blaming you're behavior on other raptor fans... you're blaming your year long of peacocking trash talk on me and other raptor fans now? Well then... good to see the attempt at goodwiill lasted about 5 **** minutes.

And taking another shot at the Raptors not advancing....you didn't learn a damn thing. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Look up our history. I never attack first. You've been on my ass since Lawrence Frank was scouting your games, before Kawhi left. Constantly taking random personal shots at me in threads. I almost never get into that kind of personal stuff. Any post I've mentioned you was a response to something YOU have said. I have plenty of goodwill, but once again look at your approach in here? I'm extending a congratulations to Nuggets fans.... and a couple Raptors fans+1 Lakers fan comes in and immediately tries to troll me for things in the past. Yet you think my posting is the problem here? If you want goodwill, please don't troll about off topic stuff and instigate.

Lmfao. You've been trolling our entire fan-base for a year. You think we forget? You think everyone on here attacked you first and they just didn't understand your passive aggressive threads and posts? You were trash talking last week about eating wings and watching the Clippers trash the Nuggets ffs!

I told you the last time you went too far I wouldn't forget it. You think this attempt at a thread means I don't remember and should treat you different and I'm wrong here? Lmao. Look at all the posts here. And everywhere. Yeah... it's all everyone else. And you're blaming everyone else? The victim after your year long trolling? Nah man... I don't forget when people act like that. Be a man at least. Your team lost and if it happens next year, you can bet the Clippers become Billy Kings Nets without picks for 5 years. So you better take your posts next year down about ten notches less of smug and douchey.

I did not troll the fanbase an entire year. I posted a few threads about Woj saying Clippers were frontrunners for Kawhi last season and was attacked nonstop by a handful of Raptors fans (led by you). If you can find the threads or posts that you can show that our conflict started with me attacking or trolling Raptors fans (not retaliation, but me actually singling you guys out personally first) I will immediately leave this forum tonight for good. Why am I confident about this? Because I know my personality and character. It's not something I'd randomly do.

Unless you have evidence of your claim, stop derailing the thread please. Thanks.
“This kid reminds me of a 6-6 Chris Paul. He wants to win everything.”

Olin Simplis- SGA’s trainer.
Johnny Bball
RealGM
And1: 48,636

Post#108 » by Johnny Bball » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:39 am

ClipsFanSince98 wrote:
Johnny Bball wrote:
ClipsFanSince98 wrote:

I did not troll the fanbase an entire year. I posted a few threads about Woj saying Clippers were frontrunners for Kawhi last season and was attacked nonstop by a handful of Raptors fans (led by you). If you can find the threads or posts that you can show that our conflict started with me attacking or trolling Raptors fans (not retaliation, but me actually singling you guys out personally first) I will immediately leave this forum tonight for good. Why am I confident about this? Because I know my personality and character. It's not something I'd randomly do.

Unless you have evidence of your claim, stop derailing the thread please. Thanks.

Hahahaha. Evidence of my claim? Dude if I thought for a second anyone beside you didn't believe me, or that it even mattered, I would just go through your posts for the next 48 hours straight and do exactly that. But as you can see by the responses to you from so many people, that's unnecessary. So you have a GREATTTT night.

This guy crystallizes it nicely.

BallerTalk wrote:That's likely because none of your gripes ever seemed genuine. They often came across as obnoxious "humble brags" from a guy who knew his team was the prohibitive favorite from day one of the season.
Sharkboy242
Veteran
And1: 3,796

Post#109 » by Sharkboy242 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:51 am

gg bro

I told you we had the wing depth to match up defensively with clippers two stars. We held the Clippers to below 100 on multiple outings. You also insisted on extrapolating from regular season jokic when talking about his matchup with Zubac and his 3 ball %.
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,338

Post#110 » by The Rebel » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:58 am

IgorK wrote:
The Rebel wrote:
NPZ wrote:
Lakers FO wants to win. They pay the price for these kinds of pairings. Nuggs did good here, but you have your culture and restrictions and standards and the Lakers have theirs.

I understand what the Lakers do, but you are missing the fact that the Lakers have been terrible for years, this is your 1st time in the playoffs in how many years? Only Lebron fans would be gloating like clowns, because they have spent their entire fandom cheering for stacked teams and acting like they have done something, when at the end of the day not a single 1 of us accomplish **** posting on message boards.

Your point is horrible. Most Lakers fans are LAKERS fans, not LeBron fans. We suffered through numerous valleys - and we know how to enjoy the peaks. This Denver team is terrific, but don't sh*t on Lakers fans just because you THINK we're in it for LeBron. That's plain stupid.

Let me explain it a little easier for you, cheering for the best player in the league on the best franchise doesnt give you the right to gloat over another team, in a series that you were not involved in and against a team you haven't even played yet. Harassing fans of other teams show what a joke some people are, you accomplished nothing, your team has accomplishes nothing, and yet you guys want to make asses of yourselves. All it does is prove how classless lakers fans are.
Sharkboy242
Veteran
And1: 3,796

Post#111 » by Sharkboy242 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:03 am

Sharkboy242 wrote:gg bro

I told you we had the wing depth to match up defensively with clippers two stars. We held the Clippers to below 100 on multiple outings. You also insisted on extrapolating from regular season jokic when talking about his matchup with Zubac and his 3 ball %.

I have been vindicated
Kmartshopper
Sophomore
And1: 109

Post#112 » by Kmartshopper » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:06 am

Clippers fan here. I respect the hell outta the Nuggets. Most people want to say the Clippers choked, but in reality they got caught up in the ascent of a squad that will be a problem for years to come. Not mad at all. I was never sold on the greatness of this team despite what people have tried to tell me, or what some here have posted (incessantly). I never trust these sixth man types in the playoffs. Lou will, Harrell, even Beverley and Morris I consider of that type. Maybe pessimism is just part of being a Clippers fan. Good luck going forward.
NPZ
Analyst
And1: 2,505

Post#113 » by NPZ » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:06 am

Zubac is gonna lord over the Lakers in the WCFs, that's all I know.
NPZ's Definitive Magic Johnson highlight reel

49, 50, 52, 53, 54, 72, 80, 82, 85, 87, 88, 00, 01, 02, 09, 10, 20
jason bourne
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,602

Post#114 » by jason bourne » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:08 am

ClipsFanSince98 wrote:It's weird. I'm not even mad right now. I'm just numb. I feel what I've felt so many times in 20 years. You guys deserved this series. You were the better team, and especially better coached. Maybe your team exposing the Clippers will be good for them in the long run some how? I hope this forces some trades and Doc firing, sadly that's likely a pipe dream. Anyway, hell of a season and good luck vs the Lakers. Should be a great series.

This is more gracious and a loss like this is very, very, very difficult to swallow. I had no idea what happened as I thought the Clippers were going to another gear in the 4Q with Kawhi and PG-13. I wanted an LA matchup of the best two teams in the West. Thought it would be close for three quarters and it was, but nothing could prepare me for a 4Q like that.

As a Warriors fan, I experienced it in 2016 (lost after going up 3-1 in NBA Finals) and 2019, so it's unbelievable and also something that has to sink in. Of course, it stays with you as you're reminded of it every so ofter.
“The most contrarian thing of all is not to oppose the crowd but to think for yourself.” Peter Thiel

ImageImage
Spintown
Starter
And1: 2,667

Post#115 » by Spintown » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:11 am

ClipsFanSince98 wrote:The season can't come soon enough. I'm going to have a lot of fun on this forum by the time the playoffs roll around.

:lol:
ARE YOU HAVING FUN YET???

IgorK
Veteran

Post#116 » by IgorK » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:15 am

The Rebel wrote:
IgorK wrote:
The Rebel wrote:

Let me explain it a little easier for you, cheering for the best player in the league on the best franchise doesnt give you the right to gloat over another team, in a series that you were not involved in and against a team you haven't even played yet. Harassing fans of other teams show what a joke some people are, you accomplished nothing, your team has accomplishes nothing, and yet you guys want to make asses of yourselves. All it does is prove how classless lakers fans are.

Welcome to fandom, where fans make sure other fans eat crow after they gloat. Don't take things in a vacuum, at least try to seem like you're giving objective fairness a shot here.
"You want me to own a team and deal with these rich, spoiled stubborn athletes, and try to get them to perform? No thank you." - Kobe

AMG
NPZ
Analyst
And1: 2,505

Post#117 » by NPZ » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:25 am

IgorK wrote:
The Rebel wrote:
IgorK wrote:

Welcome to fandom, where fans make sure other fans eat crow after they gloat. Don't take things in a vacuum, at least try to seem like you're giving objective fairness a shot here.

Geez, how sensitive is this moderator of all things? Lakers fans have said numerous times tonight that the Nuggets did a great job/thing defeating the Clips. I have myself. What the F are you even sniveling about, Rebel? Who is harassing you? Who is gloating over you? The series doesn't even begin for 3 days. Cool your jets. Who insulted a fanbase other than Rebel himself?
NPZ's Definitive Magic Johnson highlight reel

49, 50, 52, 53, 54, 72, 80, 82, 85, 87, 88, 00, 01, 02, 09, 10, 20
IgorK
Veteran

Post#118 » by IgorK » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:30 am

NPZ wrote:
IgorK wrote:
The Rebel wrote:Let me explain it a little easier for you, cheering for the best player in the league on the best franchise doesnt give you the right to gloat over another team, in a series that you were not involved in and against a team you haven't even played yet. Harassing fans of other teams show what a joke some people are, you accomplished nothing, your team has accomplishes nothing, and yet you guys want to make asses of yourselves. All it does is prove how classless lakers fans are.

Geez, how sensitive is this moderator of all things? Lakers fans have said numerous times tonight that the Nuggets did a great job/thing defeating the Clips. I have myself. What the F are you even sniveling about, Rebel? Who is harassing you? Who is gloating over you? The series doesn't even begin for 3 days. Cool your jets. Who insulted a fanbase other than Rebel himself?

He's probably still not over the 2009 series :lol:

AMG
OkcSinceSGA
RealGM
And1: 29,487

Post#119 » by OkcSinceSGA » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:37 am

Spintown wrote:
ClipsFanSince98 wrote:The season can't come soon enough. I'm going to have a lot of fun on this forum by the time the playoffs roll around.

Context would be nice. Because I've talked plenty of crap in response to trolling. I didn't walk around randomly saying that obviously. That sounds like the context was people were likely making fun of the Clippers and I responded. Regardless, it was the past, I was wrong. Obviously I had more faith in the team at that time than I should have
“This kid reminds me of a 6-6 Chris Paul. He wants to win everything.”

Olin Simplis- SGA’s trainer.
Spintown
Starter
And1: 2,667

Post#120 » by Spintown » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:56 am

ClipsFanSince98 wrote:
Spintown wrote:

Context would be nice. Because I've talked plenty of crap in response to trolling. I didn't walk around randomly saying that obviously. That sounds like the context was people were likely making fun of the Clippers and I responded. Regardless, it was the past, I was wrong. Obviously I had more faith in the team at that time than I should have

Please dont act like you werent gloating every chance you got.

You would always make threads about how rosy and good it is in clipper land. How you have the best perimeter defenders even to go as far as all time.

You would always bump threads when it was going the Clippers way to say "you see I done told you so"

This quote came from a thread in response to the thread you created about Montrezl Harrell dropping 40 in a drew league game

and you were trying to hype it up as if he would do that in the playoffs...

Other posters basically said no way and your response was that

Return to The General Board