ImageImageImage

Around the NBA streets Vol. 6: Bubble Ball Byke!

Moderators: KingDavid, BFRESH44, MettaWorldPanda, heat4life, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ

GopherIt!
RealGM
And1: 24,122

Re: Around the NBA streets Vol. 6: Bubble Ball Byke! 

Post#1241 » by GopherIt! » Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:41 am

HeatFanLifer wrote:
IggieCC wrote:Heat vs Nuggets NBA Finals eh

did not expect, but I'll take it AirP

Sleep it off buddy. Just sleep it off.

this has to stop Lifer. drunk demonOP leaves a wake of devastation wherever he goes. first he broke pascal & the raps, now Playoff P n the clips have been set ablaze. Kawhi n uncle dennis chitting on team publicly.
Wiltside
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 71,298

Post#1242 » by Wiltside » Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:52 am

Actually want to know what Uncle Dennis is thinking right now tbh

Shambles. You done phucked up. Sage Uncle advice led Kawheezy astray.

Only right he runs to SoBe and Pat and Andy’s warm embrace. Andy’s would be especially warm due to large body mass and high blood pressure.
Formerly BG44, MB30 and Wade County at BasketballForum.com
GopherIt!
RealGM

Post#1243 » by GopherIt! » Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:58 am

he will opt out n bail after playoff P lets him down again next year. can see it now.

Spoiler:
clipprs

r

Spoiler:
screwed
Chalm Down
RealGM
And1: 132,723

Post#1244 » by Chalm Down » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:13 am

IggieCC wrote:
Chalm Down wrote:
Read on Twitter

and last year i was here thinking lakers looked silly trading all their draft picks and jerry west is a mastermind

well lakers are still silly but less so i guess

both teams might be looking pretty silly in a couple of weeks. Lakers are definitely not out of woods yet.

at least LeBron can maximize AD's talents and vice versa, they complement each other very well as a duo.

It was totally all on PG13 to make his shots and they just didn't fall today. There was no nothing from Kawhi in terms of support or synergy for George other than Kawhi's bricks on his own and deadpan face.

When Kawhi is struggling on offense (which is rare, to be fair), he really can't get his teammates to elevate their game and that's the big difference between him and LeBron. All Kawhi does is tries to get to his spots and takes those same shots that he normally makes at high clip, but he seems to just shrink when going gets tough. LeBron is more methodical and analytical in attacking and breaking down the defense, and ultimately the series. He's on another level as far as getting through the playoffs imo

you're right, kawhi is not as good as a passer as other top guys like lebron or curry

i've seen some people say that clippers really lacked a true point guard and i think it's true. they tried it with a 3/d type like patbev but that only really works when you have a wing who has actual point guard skills like lebron or harden
Bishop45 wrote:"Let Iggie start the season brehs, was the wors that could happen"
Chalm Down
RealGM

Post#1245 » by Chalm Down » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:15 am

i dont think i have truly grasped the extent of this collapse

clippers lost double digits leads in what, every game they lost?? i wonder what the betting odds were, maybe some diehards in denver made bigtime money
Bishop45 wrote:"Let Iggie start the season brehs, was the wors that could happen"
GopherIt!
RealGM

Post#1246 » by GopherIt! » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:21 am

okc: LAC 2028, 2030 1sts unprotected + P George, Shamet

Lac: CP3

works in trade machine. everybody wins

(except playoff p.)
Mos_Heat
RealGM
And1: 36,784

Post#1247 » by Mos_Heat » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:27 am

Wiltside wrote:I don't think the Clips can really do anything. They may be able to add some depth, but that's about it.

They've mortgaged everything for the Kawhi/PG duo, and it needs to work.

If Kawhi leaves next offszn, those picks they gave up are gonna be NASTY. Like, Brooklyn nasty.

They have enough options actually. Lou, Beverly, Zubac all very tradable. Shamet will have 2 years on his rookie deal. Sign and Trade Harrell. If they want, they can reshape their roster
:reporter:
Mos_Heat
RealGM

Post#1248 » by Mos_Heat » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:33 am

IggieCC wrote:
JLop wrote:
IggieCC wrote:I dunno JLop I was never that high on the Nuggets as they were pretty bad in the seeding games then pretty meh against Utah, which was not a good team due mostly to injuries and Joe Ingles. Then down 1-3 and they go all super saiyan on em and the same story for the 2nd round. How do you evaluate a team like that JLop :dontknow: With that said, I'll give you my best analysis atm

Keys to the Lakers success
Spoiler:

Keys to the Nuggets success
Spoiler:

The Nuggets were able to control Kawhi Leonard and Paul George. Denver could do the same with this aging version of Lebron. Nikola Jokic will keep Anthony Davis away from the basket, Denver can also shoot the ball well from beyond the arc. We could see the Nuggets winning the Western conference. I also think your analysis of the keys to success for the Nuggets and Lakers is very accurate.

Absolutely. IIRC Nuggets beat LA 2 out of 3 times and did so pretty comfortably this szn. They don't have the matchup problems that other teams had against the Lakers.

My best guess is that banging with Jokic all game would be too much for AD, so LA bigs will come back for this series. It'll be a hard fought 6-7 game series as we all know that Denver is for real.

Nah, they beat them one time, when Lebron was out. I actually think they have huge matchup problems
IggieCC
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 239,684

Post#1249 » by IggieCC » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:35 am

Chalm Down wrote:i dont think i have truly grasped the extent of this collapse

clippers lost double digits leads in what, every game they lost?? i wonder what the betting odds were, maybe some diehards in denver made bigtime money

Kawhi musta missed Lowry a little today. Kawhi's playmaking has improved a lot but the pressure gets higher in the playoffs.

Idk, I felt like he got hammered a bunch of times and didn't get calls he usually gets today. yeah, 0 free throws. It was almost as if NBA has forsaken the Clippers.. kinda weird. I figured that LA battle was too good to pass up... who wants Denver's Cinderella story???

maybe NBA wants Bubble winner to be Lebron. conspiracy theory runs wild chalms
3rd best winnng%(73.3%) + most wins(11w) = best true winning % OP
Sole Multiple Banner Holder of 2021-2022 SZN. FACTS
IggieCC
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#1250 » by IggieCC » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:39 am

Mos_Heat wrote:
IggieCC wrote:
JLop wrote:
The Nuggets were able to control Kawhi Leonard and Paul George. Denver could do the same with this aging version of Lebron. Nikola Jokic will keep Anthony Davis away from the basket, Denver can also shoot the ball well from beyond the arc. We could see the Nuggets winning the Western conference. I also think your analysis of the keys to success for the Nuggets and Lakers is very accurate.

Absolutely. IIRC Nuggets beat LA 2 out of 3 times and did so pretty comfortably this szn. They don't have the matchup problems that other teams had against the Lakers.

My best guess is that banging with Jokic all game would be too much for AD, so LA bigs will come back for this series. It'll be a hard fought 6-7 game series as we all know that Denver is for real.

Nah, they beat them one time, when Lebron was out. I actually think they have huge matchup problems

LMAOOOOO

Your cooked MOS :x idk.. this Denver team is on some Iggie juju though.. explainable power is at work.

Bold prediction. Lakers go up 3-1. Everyone gets hyped about the unthinkable by the Nuggets.

LeBron demolishes them in game 5. Gentleman sweep. so rigged MOS :x
Chalm Down
RealGM

Post#1251 » by Chalm Down » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:39 am

IggieCC wrote:
Chalm Down wrote:i dont think i have truly grasped the extent of this collapse

Kawhi musta missed Lowry a little today. Kawhi's playmaking has improved a lot but the pressure gets higher in the playoffs.

Idk, I felt like he got hammered a bunch of times and didn't get calls he usually gets today. yeah, 0 free throws. It was almost as if NBA has forsaken the Clippers.. kinda weird. I figured that LA battle was too good to pass up... who wants Denver's Cinderella story???

maybe NBA wants Bubble winner to be Lebron. conspiracy theory runs wild chalms

true refs let them play a bit, but maybe that is typical for game 7

as long as we dont get lakers/celtics matchup im good, adam silver pls
Mos_Heat
RealGM

Post#1252 » by Mos_Heat » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:42 am

IggieCC wrote:
Mos_Heat wrote:
IggieCC wrote:Absolutely. IIRC Nuggets beat LA 2 out of 3 times and did so pretty comfortably this szn. They don't have the matchup problems that other teams had against the Lakers.

LMAOOOOO

Your cooked MOS :x idk.. this Denver team is on some Iggie juju though.. explainable power is at work.

Bold prediction. Lakers go up 3-1. Everyone gets hyped about the unthinkable by the Nuggets.

LeBron demolishes them in game 5. Gentleman sweep. so rigged MOS :x

Yeah, this is how I feel as well
Bishop45
RealGM
And1: 109,191

Post#1253 » by Bishop45 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:48 pm

Yea', 5 games sounds accurate

But Magic been putting in work; he's the Unicorn that we were promised but never received

Hopefully he makes Bron taste his Dirk

Long Live Winnie. Mamba siempre

Rest in Power Chadwick

#PeaceinGaza #FreedomforPalestine
Bishop45
RealGM

Post#1254 » by Bishop45 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:52 pm

Shouts to Murray too, had no idea he was this gud

Rest in Power Chadwick

Mob Rules
Junior
And1: 2,023

Post#1255 » by Mob Rules » Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:56 pm

All I care about is that THE HEAT are 3 wins away from the NBA Finals

IggieCC
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#1256 » by IggieCC » Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:25 pm

Bishop45 wrote:Shouts to Murray too, had no idea he was this gud

NGL I couldn't tell between Jamal Murray and Gary Harris for the longest time bish :oops:

At one point their numbers were very similar but now I'm understanding that Murray is the offense machine while Harris is a defensive stud. Pretty cool. A skeptic in me still suspects that they will phuck it up down the road, but can't deny that they've built a nice team over the years. They haven't even unleashed their final weapon Bol bol weezeey
Mob Rules
Junior
And1: 2,023

Post#1257 » by Mob Rules » Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:43 pm

RexBoyWonder
RealGM
And1: 33,368

Post#1258 » by RexBoyWonder » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:10 pm

I like the kid, and he played great.

But real talk, how much would he score in the prime D-Wade era? With those rules and defenses.

Murray in the 90-2010 NBA, how good would he have been
Chalm Downs wrote:his nickname is boywonder ffs
Bishop45
RealGM

Post#1259 » by Bishop45 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:30 pm

RexBoyWonder wrote:

But real talk, how much would he score in the prime D-Wade era? With those rules and defenses.

Maybe 5 points or so different. Don't think defense has changed much since, mostly offense

Rest in Power Chadwick

Mos_Heat
RealGM

Post#1260 » by Mos_Heat » Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:03 pm

Bishop45 wrote:
RexBoyWonder wrote:

Maybe 5 points or so different. Don't think defense has changed much since, mostly offense

Considering the most used P'n'R coverage was drop, maybe even more than now. He would be a revolutionary player like Curry

Return to Miami Heat