Hypothetical 31st Team: How well do they do in '20?

Moderators: PaulieWal, Doctor MJ, Clyde Frazier, penbeast0, trex_8063

trex_8063
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 7,265

Hypothetical 31st Team: How well do they do in '20? 

Post#1 » by trex_8063 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:43 am

A 31st team is assembled. Assume everyone playing at the level they played during this '20 season (though you can assume relative health [i.e. <25 games missed to injury during season, and basically healthy for playoffs]).

Assume other 30 teams in the league have the same rosters as reality [so the players on this hypothetical team are clones who will occasionally play "themselves"].

How does this team do in the Western Conference?

Starters:
Kawhi Leonard
Jimmy Butler
Bam Adebayo
Monte Morris
Mike Muscala

Bench:
Seth Curry
Ian Mahinmi
Darius Bazley
Ed Davis
Trevor Ariza
Jordan Bell
Rayjon Tucker

Head coach: your favorite between Eric Spoelstra or Brad Stevens.
"Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience." -George Carlin

"The fact that a proposition is absurd has never hindered those who wish to believe it." -Edward Rutherfurd
dreamshake
Starter
And1: 2,462

Re: Hypothetical 31st Team: How well do they do in '20? 

Post#2 » by dreamshake » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:58 am

I don't know but I really want to replace Kawhi, Jimmy & Bam with Malik Monk and the Morris brothers and make Mike Malone the head coach and name the team the M&M's.
rand
Starter
And1: 3,156

Post#3 » by rand » Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:03 am

Depth isn't as good as the Clippers but probably a better best 5-man lineup. Curry-Butler-Kawhi-Ariza-Adebayo. With Adebayo to defend Jokic and Butler for Murray they probably would have beaten Denver.
Dutchball97
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,860

Post#4 » by Dutchball97 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:21 am

Pairing Kawhi with Bam and Jimmy would be huge of course but is it weird that I think this team would lose to the Heat? Dragic has been playing at an All-Star level in the play-offs and Crowder is significantly better than the role players in this 31st team. Other than those guys they also have the young guys Robinson, Herro and Nunn who have more impact than the bench listed here imo.

Return to Player Comparisons