ImageImageImageImageImage

Kawhi Leonard deserves nothing but respect from this board and he would be welcome if he wants to come back

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Berserk_Raptor
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,744

Kawhi Leonard deserves nothing but respect from this board and he would be welcome if he wants to come back 

Post#1 » by Berserk_Raptor » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:39 am

Had to make this thread because I saw a lot of you being ungrateful. Have you forgotten he won us the title and how hard the road to the finals was last year?
The guy deserves his jersey in the rafters and of course this organization would welcome him with arms wide open.

I dont care if he had a lot of demands and whims to sign with us, hes effing Kawhi Leonard, an effing superstar, you got it??!!! He's entitled to demand anything he wants, have you forgotten how much money the organization made off the championship??

I dont know if Clippers medical staff is as good as the raps' but hopefully Kawhi realizes he had great treatments during his tenure with us, and if he ever wants to come back, good for him.
@raptor21_85
vaff87
RealGM
And1: 70,824

Re: Kawhi Leonard deserves nothing but respect from this board and he would be welcome if he wants to come back 

Post#2 » by vaff87 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:46 am

WTF are you getting on with?

People are still “grateful” for Kawhi and what he helped us accomplish last year. That doesn’t mean they can’t enjoy him and the team he left us for losing in the playoffs.
LascelleL
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,996

Re: Kawhi Leonard deserves nothing but respect from this board and he would be welcome if he wants to come back 

Post#3 » by LascelleL » Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:06 am

We still grateful to Kawhi and I still think number 2 should be in the rafters.

But you aint from Toronto if you aint petty enough to find something sweet about him leaving the Raptors and getting eliminated in the same game and round as the Raptors...by a kid from **** KITCHENER LMAO
Par36
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,023

Post#4 » by Par36 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:19 am

...the stupid **** chose this. :lol:

He chose to leave a repeat championship. Another ring..or more.

You go ahead and sing his praises..I'll sit back and laugh as legacy is whittled away.

:lol: Clippers cocky ass mother ****ers who proved nothing.

Now he's on a team with no means to improve. Enjoy wasting your prime. :lol:
Berserk_Raptor
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,744

Post#5 » by Berserk_Raptor » Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:26 am

Dont missunderstand me, I can be happy or at least less sad because the clippers failed to make the ECF, and thats one thing, but come on... we cant be salty he didnt sign with the Raps, he wanted to go home...
I find these comments absurd...

For the ones defending Kawhi remember this:

- he strung us along in every way possible
- he strung his long time teammate Danny Green along
- he got money under the table and he got Balmer to try and buy his logo while he was still in the playoffs for us
- His crew were sending out signals he was leaving through Woj in the finals before playoffs ended
- He got clippers to empty their chest and future for PG

He doesn’t give a sht about anyone but himself. Blaming his uncle is a copout.

He deserves every loss he gets going forward

And people want to see his jersey hanging in the rafters?

Come on, Kawhi already had 2 rings by the time he signed with the Clippers, dont you think he couldve considered more important to play in his hometown?
@raptor21_85
Jcity08
RealGM
And1: 15,519

Post#6 » by Jcity08 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:58 am

Kawhi is going to be the new Vince 2.0. With people making threads about bringing him home and chastising people about how ungrateful they are.

Well ****.

At least we got a chip with him before he left, didn't bother defending it but I don't blame him, nor do I feel an ounce of sympathy for the embarrasing loss he had with his new team. He made his bed.

Signed with team T.W.O for the 2022-23 2023-24 season.
Senbonzakura
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,920

Post#7 » by Senbonzakura » Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:05 am

I'd take him back obviously, but only on a long-term deal not some 1+1 mercenary ****.

He chose this. He decided that he'd rather create a whole new team in LA than continue with one that he KNOWS can win the title. His fault. Screwed both of us, we would've walked the east and had a really good chance against the Lakers if he stayed. If he beat LeBron in the finals he would've been immortalized as a top 10 all-time player probably. Too bad.
bballwatcher23
Sophomore
And1: 79

Post#8 » by bballwatcher23 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:29 am

Absolutely I respect him.

I'm still super happy his team lost and the Clippers squandered a 3-1 series lead.

Is he already the next T-Mac who chooses to "go home" and regrets it?
Lord Eder
General Manager
And1: 16,625

Post#9 » by Lord Eder » Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:32 am

He also deserves no sympathy. I get he wanted to go home and play in LA, but at least run it back 1 year, at least try and defend your title. Sign 1+1s then go home.

I also thought it was a terribly dumb move to go to the gauntlet out west and have your team completely mortgage their future for a second star. It's funny cause it just kind of completely goes against everything Masai has built here with internal growth and development.
"Jerome Moiso with 2 rebounds and a steal.... Put him in the hall of fame!"
- Chuck Swirsky
Raptorfan2012
Head Coach
And1: 4,259

Post#10 » by Raptorfan2012 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:01 pm

Not really; the time for him to get another ring with us was this year. Him signing a 2 year deal would have been perfect. I actually do not really want him back come 2021 when he reaches FA, mainly because his body is showing its age. I do believe we have seen the peak Kawhi back in 2019 (lucky us). He will slowly decline from here.
T-d0t
General Manager
And1: 12,914

Post#11 » by T-d0t » Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:01 pm

Nothing wrong with clowning Kawhi because he chose to go to the Clippers rather than stay east with Toronto.

I also doubt that Kawhi cares that much because him leaving was more about going back home to LA than about competing for another championship. I'd say 70-30 maybe more.
OakleyDokely
RealGM
And1: 63,489

Post#12 » by OakleyDokely » Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:03 pm

Love Kawhi, but it was funny watching the Clippers crash and burn.
Red_Claw
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,646

Post#13 » by Red_Claw » Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:08 pm

Kawhi ain't coming back here. He'll see it through in LA one way or another.

And the reason we are so "ungrateful" is the Raptors team didn't get the equal credit for the championship last year. It was "Kawhi's championship" but him losing in the 2nd round on a stacked team in his prime proves that he couldn't have done it without the Raptors as a whole.
T-d0t
General Manager
And1: 12,914

Post#14 » by T-d0t » Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:24 pm

Red_Claw wrote:Kawhi ain't coming back here. He'll see it through in LA one way or another.

And the reason we are so "ungrateful" is the Raptors team didn't get the equal credit for the championship last year. It was "Kawhi's championship" but him losing in the 2nd round on a stacked team in his prime proves that he couldn't have done it without the Raptors as a whole.

Yup, He needed us as much as we needed him. And the bold is the hard truth.
bboyskinnylegs
RealGM
And1: 25,497

Post#15 » by bboyskinnylegs » Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:28 pm

Kawhi (or the people that he allows to make decisions for him) left the team he just won a title with to go to his preferred market after dictating that they acquire his preferred 'superstar' from a third team. We can appreciate what he did for us in his time here while also acknowledging that basketball and marketing-wise he may have made a mistake. And also acknowledging that the prevailing narrative that he single-handedly won us a title is flawed- yes he was our superstar, and shouldered a large percentage of the offensive load, but it really was a team effort on both ends of the floor that allowed us to win it all, particularly in the ECF and Finals.

As for his demands and whims, it appears that Masai felt it was in the team's best interest not to give in to them. And seeing how things have played out, perhaps he was right?
chintu92
Junior
And1: 293

Post#16 » by chintu92 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:46 pm

Kawhi didn't 'win us a championship'. It really was a team effort and this recent loss by the clippers prove that. Raptors needed kawhi as much as kawhi needed the raptors. It's redeeming to see the clippers lose but at the same time if Kawhi decides to come back, I would still welcome him. He's not a generational talent like LBJ but he's a bonafide superstar that can make clutch and tough shots down the stretch or when team needs it.
MixxSRC
General Manager
And1: 14,092

Post#17 » by MixxSRC » Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:48 pm

Damn yo yes he helped us win a championship. Don't dickride his nuts too hard though geez
TravisScott55
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,828

Post#19 » by TravisScott55 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:51 pm

It's pro sports. You can cheer against whoever you want. Go watch badminton if you are offended.
Mikistan
RealGM
And1: 38,387

Post#20 » by Mikistan » Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:52 pm

MixxSRC wrote:Damn yo yes he helped us win a championship. Don't dickride his nuts too hard though geez

This is the same fanbase begging to the corpse of Vince carter to comeback after his unceremoneous exit

What do you expect

Return to Toronto Raptors