ATL - Offseason - 72 Game Season Begins 12/22

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

rilamann
RealGM
And1: 13,223

Re: ATL - Playoff Conference Semi Finals 

Post#641 » by rilamann » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:57 am

paulpressey25 wrote:
rilamann wrote:Hindsight now being 20/20, Kawhi probably shoulda stayed with the Raptors lol.

Franchise tag. But the horse is out of the barn now. The NBA runs on player movement rumors and trade talk versus actual games.

They need these guys on the move constantly.

Yeah, you're right. The NBA off-season and player movement has become a year-round event. You think back to when Shaq had his impending free agency and then signed with the Lakers in 1996, sure it was big news but it was nowhere near the hyped up soap opera it would have been in today's NBA.
Giannis Antetokounmpo wrote:You're out here reffing like Marc Davis and ****
Chuck Diesel
RealGM
And1: 11,556

Post#642 » by Chuck Diesel » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:09 am

The Heat are just such an elite organization. If the Bucks were 60% as good at drafting/finding/developing guys we’d have a Finals appearance at the very least.
brettski
Analyst
And1: 1,731

Post#643 » by brettski » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:10 am

Remind me again, Leonard only signed a 2+1 right? and PG isn't far off free agency either. One more bad season and Leonard will try and force his way out again and OKC is going to be rolling in good draft picks.
MilBucksBackOnTop06 wrote:Mark my words....Gooden will be this year's teams MVP. Watch and see.....

http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=1139340&start=15&p=29252753&view=show#p29252753
machu46
General Manager
And1: 3,637

Post#644 » by machu46 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:19 am

brettski wrote:Remind me again, Leonard only signed a 2+1 right? and PG isn't far off free agency either. One more bad season and Leonard will try and force his way out again and OKC is going to be rolling in good draft picks.

They can both leave next offseason with Giannis if they want.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
trwi7 wrote:**** me deep, Giannis. ****. Me. Deep.
HurricaneKid
General Manager
And1: 5,034

Post#645 » by HurricaneKid » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:19 am

brettski wrote:Remind me again, Leonard only signed a 2+1 right? and PG isn't far off free agency either. One more bad season and Leonard will try and force his way out again and OKC is going to be rolling in good draft picks.
They are both FAs after next year assuming they want to opt out of their POs.

What a great ****ing night of basketball. I didn't really think Den was going to be given a shot. LAC were getting the benefit of the whistle and still rolled over like that LAC @ Milw game earlier this year.

Sent from my SM-G955U using RealGM mobile app
fishnc wrote:If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, Bin Laden, and LeBron, I would shoot LeBron twice.
TroyD92
RealGM
And1: 10,593

Post#646 » by TroyD92 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:20 am

Atleast AD is on the Lakers this year so I don't really mind them beating the Nuggets, but lets go Denver!
VooDoo7 wrote:
JEIS wrote:

Kidd would have curb stomped him.

Maybe if his name was Denise instead of Dennis.

Fotis St wrote:Wherever you are David, I love you man.
Pachinko_
RealGM
And1: 23,692

Post#647 » by Pachinko_ » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:15 am

Chuck Diesel wrote:The Heat are just such an elite organization. If the Bucks were 60% as good at drafting/finding/developing guys we’d have a Finals appearance at the very least.

That's why I don't understand why teams don't quadrouple the GLeague salaries, bring back all the fringe NBA Americans who are playing for pizza and borst in Europe, along with any talent that didn't make the draft for whatever reason, and farm the crap out of it for tickets and talent development.
It will be easily as competitive as Euroleague and it will pay for itself in tickets alone.

Only reason I can think of is there might be a silent agreement not to compete with the NCAA? I don't know.
Chuck Diesel
RealGM
And1: 11,556

Post#648 » by Chuck Diesel » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:22 am

Pachinko_ wrote:
Chuck Diesel wrote:The Heat are just such an elite organization. If the Bucks were 60% as good at drafting/finding/developing guys we’d have a Finals appearance at the very least.

That's why I don't understand why teams don't quadrouple the GLeague salaries, bring back all the fringe NBA Americans who are playing for pizza and borst in Europe, along with any talent that didn't make the draft for whatever reason, and farm the crap out of it for tickets and talent development.
It will be an awesome league and it will pay for itself in tickets alone.

Only reason I can think of is there might be a silent agreement not to compete with the NCAA? I don't know.

Been saying the same thing for the last 15 years my man. The G-League should be home to the best American players outside the NBA. Still, the Heat/Sioux Falls have clearly been the masters of the current setup.
Plossum
General Manager
And1: 4,848

Post#649 » by Plossum » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:34 am

Ballmer would never do it, but he needs to move on from Doc as coach. He's like Mark Jackson without the crazy. The players obv like him but he doesn't seem to have the Xs and Os acumen of many of his colleagues.
#LockUpChuck
BUCKnation
RealGM
And1: 2,938

Post#650 » by BUCKnation » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:18 am

Same script as the previous 2 games, except the Clips lead wasnt as big so they lost by more now
th87
General Manager
And1: 9,512

Post#651 » by th87 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:25 am

rilamann wrote:Me before tip off: Would be hilarious and awesome if the Nuggets beat the Clippers in game 7.

Me when it looks like the Nuggets might actually win: ****, the Nuggets are going to ruin Kawhi/Clippers vs Lebron/Lakers. Come on Kawhi, do something.

:lol:

For anyone old enough to remember, the LA vs. LA hype went just like this:

Sigra
RealGM
And1: 1,233

Post#652 » by Sigra » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:23 am

Happy for Denver offcourse but for me the most impressive thing last night was how clutch are Miami players. Boston is clearly more talented but Miami have more balls. Way more.

Same was true for Denver though. Clippers are clearly more talented but Nuggets had more balls. So far this is sexy playoffs. A lot of balls everywhere. OO
BroncoBuck
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,653

Post#653 » by BroncoBuck » Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:30 am

th87 wrote:
rilamann wrote:Me before tip off: Would be hilarious and awesome if the Nuggets beat the Clippers in game 7.

Me when it looks like the Nuggets might actually win: ****, the Nuggets are going to ruin Kawhi/Clippers vs Lebron/Lakers. Come on Kawhi, do something.

:lol:

For anyone old enough to remember, the LA vs. LA hype went just like this:

The 30 for 30 podcast on them was great.
Bucksfan28
General Manager
And1: 4,918

Post#654 » by Bucksfan28 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:38 pm

Cant wait to see the endless coverage on Kawhi and PG leaving LA. Particularly intrigued by how every team w/ 2021 cap space will be a "frontrunner" to sign them.
MoreTrife wrote:Love seeing two buffoons have a buffoon competition.
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM
And1: 11,014

Post#655 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:40 pm

There was a lot of confirmation bias for me tonight that playoff clutchness is over applied at best and probably overrated. Leonard only advanced to the ECF cause of a lucky bounce and probably had the flukiest two FMVP awards. It's such a small sample size and so many things couldn't shook out differently. There's also playoff kyrie who was great when he had the best player in the world next to him. Easily see Giannis go back to bring 'clutch' next year.
FlagsFlyForever
General Manager
And1: 5,256

Post#656 » by FlagsFlyForever » Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:52 pm

Where is Kawhi going to go? He's happier living in LA than in Canada.
Read on Twitter
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,562

Post#657 » by Ron Swanson » Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:03 pm

Very much doubt Kawhi's going anywhere anytime soon. PG crapping the bed again in the playoffs is a pretty big development though. I'd have my Bledsoe/Brook trade package ready and waiting....

8-)
BucksRule18
Senior
And1: 360

Post#658 » by BucksRule18 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:20 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:Very much doubt Kawhi's going anywhere anytime soon. PG crapping the bed again in the playoffs is a pretty big development though. I'd have my Bledsoe/Brook trade package ready and waiting....

8-)

I hate to say this, but at this point I'd rather have Middleton than George. PG has all the talent in the world but seems to care more about getting his shot going than playing team winning basketball. The only way he's getting a championship is as a 6th man coming off the bench in 4 or 5 years.
coolhandluke121
RealGM
And1: 6,845

Post#659 » by coolhandluke121 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:45 pm

Sigra wrote:Happy for Denver offcourse but for me the most impressive thing last night was how clutch are Miami players. Boston is clearly more talented but Miami have more balls. Way more.

Same was true for Denver though. Clippers are clearly more talented but Nuggets had more balls. So far this is sexy playoffs. A lot of balls everywhere. OO

What kind of balls do the Bucks have? I suppose you can make "Bucks" rhyme with "eunuchs" if you pronounce it a certain way.
Wut we've got here is... faaailure... to communakate.
coolhandluke121
RealGM
And1: 6,845

Post#660 » by coolhandluke121 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:47 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:Very much doubt Kawhi's going anywhere anytime soon. PG crapping the bed again in the playoffs is a pretty big development though. I'd have my Bledsoe/Brook trade package ready and waiting....

8-)

Came here to say the same thing. They'd have to give up DDV in the deal but I would do it anyway, as much as I love him. Gotta get a title. Might not have another chance for decades if Giannis leaves.
Wut we've got here is... faaailure... to communakate.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks