Sixers new HC search thread

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Foshan, sixers hoops, Sixerscan

Sixersftw
RealGM
And1: 8,707

Re: Sixers new HC search thread 

Post#381 » by Sixersftw » Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:41 am

Sixerscan wrote:I'd hire Doc.

I don't believe Mr. Erving has ever coached. Glenn Rivers might be available but idk, that last series was pretty rough.
They say an analytics man doesn't have a heart, but I ran the numbers and nothing can be further from the truth - Sam Hinkie probably
Lou_23
Bench Warmer
And1: 723

Post#382 » by Lou_23 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:57 am

A league source? Come on, Pompey
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,339

Post#383 » by 76ciology » Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:09 am

I’d call it a “career suicide” if MDA applies to be the HC of our team.

Well.. I heard Jeremy Lin is about to return next season.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
ankle420breaker
General Manager
And1: 1,957

Post#384 » by ankle420breaker » Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:55 pm

MDA intrigues me. Just having a competent experienced coach in the room who won't be a Yes Man to upper management would be a step in the right direction. Doesn't hurt that most players enjoy playing in his system.

I'm sure hiring Pringles would also mean significant roster changes are imminent and I'd imagine he'd insist on having some input in that department.

Sent from my SM-G970U using RealGM mobile app
DT RAW
Junior
And1: 129

Post#385 » by DT RAW » Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:37 pm

I cant imagine simmons and embiid both in that system
fl311
Senior
And1: 1,182

Post#386 » by fl311 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:02 pm

Looking at this from a logical perspective, this makes zero sense for all parties. Pompey is being used to get D’antoni a better deal and leverage against Lue for less money. Nothing has changed from what I have been told. It’s still Lue at the top barring a complete breakdown in contract negotiations
Eyeamok
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,369

Post#387 » by Eyeamok » Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:16 pm

fl311 wrote:Looking at this from a logical perspective, this makes zero sense for all parties. Pompey is being used to get D’antoni a better deal and leverage against Lue for less money. Nothing has changed from what I have been told. It’s still Lue at the top barring a complete breakdown in contract negotiations

I recall you basically saying that the players would not trust MDA because he still has the stench of BC on him, a while ago. Ben and Embiid are still here, so the chances of MDA being the man even with a complete contract breakdown with Lue should be slim to none. Unless the FO does not give a damn about their stars input.
The Accession of Paul Reed is upon us !

You want it to be one way....but it's the other way.

Marlo
ankle420breaker
General Manager
And1: 1,957

Post#388 » by ankle420breaker » Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:19 pm

Lue coasting into one last payday on the back of Lebron's sweat and we're dumb enough to give it to him.

Sent from my SM-G970U using RealGM mobile app
SixersFanInNY
Ballboy
And1: 15

Post#389 » by SixersFanInNY » Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:37 pm

Its becoming really hard to be a Sixers fan if D'Antoni is even being considered for a team that hopes to do well in playoffs. His Knicks teams were bad even by recent Knicks standards, and what kind of genius strategy was it to trade Capela and have your big guy being 6'5.

And the one thing worse than his coaching is what he does to the team long term after he is fired - he probably constructs a team that is all shooters (no Embiid) that can only win in the regular season and only if using his particular game plans.
Mik317
RealGM
And1: 17,621

Post#390 » by Mik317 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:56 pm

SixersFanInNY wrote:Its becoming really hard to be a Sixers fan if D'Antoni is even being considered for a team that hopes to do well in playoffs. His Knicks teams were bad even by recent Knicks standards, and what kind of genius strategy was it to trade Capela and have your big guy being 6'5.

And the one thing worse than his coaching is what he does to the team long term after he is fired - he probably constructs a team that is all shooters (no Embiid) that can only win in the regular season and only if using his particular game plans.

I don't think D'Antoni is the guy either but people need to stop running with the he traded Capella because he hates centers stuff. Capella was traded because of Westbrook. Westbrook couldn't space the floor and needed extra space...despite him bricking them out of the playoffs, he began to play really really great after that trade. That move was a good one. They ran into the Lakers who can play "small ball" with Bron and AD and still have the size advantage and Westbrook was coming off of an injury. Thats it.

Capela isn't even that good anyway
#NeverGonnaBeGood
skulky
Junior
And1: 94

Post#391 » by skulky » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:43 pm

I don’t know how anyone can put anything into what Keith Pompey puts out there at this point.

Oh front office wants to spin a narrative just forward Keith some garbage and he put it out there verbatim. Or some coaches agent is looking for leverage hey Keith can you tweet this for me thanks.

That’s all his bs reads as to me at this point, just manipulated garbage from people trying to get something.
PhillyPhilly
Bench Warmer
And1: 522

Post#392 » by PhillyPhilly » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:44 pm

Doc Rivers is expected to be retained as Clippers hc for next season according to reports...so now the path is clear for Ty Lue to come to Philly :D . Let's hope he's learned from what he saw during that Denver series. Both from a schematic and roster pov.
Mik317
RealGM
And1: 17,621

Post#393 » by Mik317 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:11 pm

Its going to be Lue. It was always going to be Lue.

They are atleast trying to make it look like a search this time. Baby Steps
#NeverGonnaBeGood
ProcessDoctor
General Manager
And1: 5,153

Post#394 » by ProcessDoctor » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:13 pm

fl311 wrote:Looking at this from a logical perspective, this makes zero sense for all parties. Pompey is being used to get D’antoni a better deal and leverage against Lue for less money. Nothing has changed from what I have been told. It’s still Lue at the top barring a complete breakdown in contract negotiations

Thanks for the updates as always.

Have you heard anything about which player(s) is most likely to be traded to improve our roster construction?
2023-2024 Philadelphia 76ers:

Lowry/Melton/Payne
Maxey/Hield/Council
Oubre/Batum/Martin
Harris/Covington/Wilson
Embiid/Reed/Bamba
fl311
Senior

Post#395 » by fl311 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:24 pm

ProcessDoctor wrote:

Have you heard anything about which player(s) is most likely to be traded to improve our roster construction?

Haven’t heard anything specific but Horford is easier to trade than Harris. Will need to include other assets but it’s doable if they try.

IMO, they are in serious trouble
ProcessDoctor
General Manager
And1: 5,153

Post#396 » by ProcessDoctor » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:34 pm

fl311 wrote:
ProcessDoctor wrote:

Haven’t heard anything specific but Horford is easier to trade than Harris. Will need to include other assets but it’s doable if they try.

You're not kidding. Damn shame we're gonna have to sell low on AL and still have Tobias on the team.
2023-2024 Philadelphia 76ers:

Lowry/Melton/Payne
Maxey/Hield/Council
Oubre/Batum/Martin
Harris/Covington/Wilson
Embiid/Reed/Bamba
BullyKing
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers
And1: 14,114

Post#397 » by BullyKing » Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:02 pm

fl311 wrote:
ProcessDoctor wrote:

Is that based on what you've heard or you're own opinion? Respect both but trying to understand how unmoveable these contracts really are around the league.
NYSixersFan wrote:
the plan is to get as good as quickly as possible....I fully believe we could have been a borderline playoff team last year by adding young veterans....using or draft picks and cap space.....can I specifically tell you who? no.
VDT
Analyst
And1: 2,106

Post#398 » by VDT » Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:19 pm

Good teams can use Horford, plus he has two more years and then the last year is partially guaranteed. Harris is useless to a good team. Best case scenario with him is to pump his value for a year and trade him to a terrible team like the Knicks where he can be the first option.
fl311
Senior

Post#399 » by fl311 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:51 pm

BullyKing wrote:
fl311 wrote:
ProcessDoctor wrote:

Is that based on what you've heard or you're own opinion? Respect both but trying to understand how unmoveable these contracts really are around the league.

The contracts are what I’ve heard. Tobias contract is toxic.
TTP
Head Coach
And1: 4,398

Post#400 » by TTP » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:20 pm

fl311 wrote:
BullyKing wrote:
fl311 wrote:

The contracts are what I’ve heard. Tobias contract is toxic.

That contract was so obviously going to be toxic from the moment I heard that he declined the Clippers 5-80 extension in summer, 2018.

I want to go back and see who the bootlickers on this forum were that were defending it both at the time we traded for him, and then again when we signed him.
jonjames is a signature bet welcher.

Appostis wrote:You're friend ..is a idiot.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers