Do you think Kawhi Leonard is a system player that needs a stacked team in order to win?

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

Do you think Kawhi Leonard is a system player that needs a stacked roster in order to win?

Yes
46%
No
54%

Total votes: 180

Durant Durant
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,094

Re: Do you think Kawhi Leonard is a system player that needs a stacked team in order to win? 

Post#21 » by Durant Durant » Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:37 pm

Clips are already stacked.

Nuggets just wanted it more.
No no yes yes
nicnac215
Sixth Man
And1: 536

Re: Do you think Kawhi Leonard is a system player that needs a stacked team in order to win? 

Post#22 » by nicnac215 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:40 pm

Kawhi is a baller. The big problem is pg13 is a fraud. He is a glorified Rudy Gay and hot garbage when it matters the most. Kawhi needs a guard to team up with not another forward.
Jabroni Lames
Analyst
And1: 3,852

Post#23 » by Jabroni Lames » Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:43 pm

Clippers are a stacked team. Best depth in the NBA. The difference is coaching & chemistry.

Kawhi had Pop & Nurse. Doc is a good coach, but he's a level below those guys.
Jadoogar
RealGM
And1: 14,554

Post#24 » by Jadoogar » Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:44 pm

Were the Clippers not stacked?
Before the season, everyone here would have said the Clippers without Kawhi are better than the Raptors without Kawhi.
Heej
General Manager
And1: 8,409

Post#25 » by Heej » Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:47 pm

SeattleJazzFan wrote:
Heej wrote:
SeattleJazzFan wrote:How could anybody vote yes? Such a dumb question.

Were the Raptors “stacked”?

Raptors literally almost made the ECF after losing Kawhi and their starting 2 Guard. Of course they were stacked. They have the best coach in the league. Kawhi's a system player to me until proven otherwise

okay. i guess if you feel the raptors were stacked i can see voting yes. lowry and siakam showed in the 2nd round they aren't that good. i wouldn't put them as the top two players of a stacked team, but i guess we all have our opinions.

You literally asked if they WERE stacked as in when they had Kawhi and then proceed to talk about Siakam and Lowry LMFAO. No MFer they were stacked because they lost KAWHI LEONARD AND DANNY GREEN and still almost made it to ECF lmao. And this is with Lowry getting one more year past his prime lol. Say it with me, just admit it to yourself, that 2019 team was STACKED
LeBron's NBA Cup MVP is more valuable than either of KD's Finals MVPs. This is the word of the Lord
OdomFan
General Manager
And1: 6,584

Post#26 » by OdomFan » Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:49 pm

They lost in 7 games to another good team. This shouldn't at all come back on him like that. We don't know what will happen next season.
ali1979
Sophomore
And1: 165

Post#27 » by ali1979 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:50 pm

After Kawhi and Green left Toronto missed conf. final with just two possessions with a garbage Siakam performance. Kawhi fans are behaving as Toronto was trash before kawhi arrived. They were almost eliminating peak Lebron. They just needed some extra performance above Derozan.

Game 7 Kawhi performance is the unique worst performance for a super star. No field goals in the last quarter in which Denver's best player was out for half of the minutes. Also 1/10 in the second half.
SeattleJazzFan
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,351

Post#28 » by SeattleJazzFan » Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:59 pm

Heej wrote:
SeattleJazzFan wrote:
Heej wrote:Raptors literally almost made the ECF after losing Kawhi and their starting 2 Guard. Of course they were stacked. They have the best coach in the league. Kawhi's a system player to me until proven otherwise

okay. i guess if you feel the raptors were stacked i can see voting yes. lowry and siakam showed in the 2nd round they aren't that good. i wouldn't put them as the top two players of a stacked team, but i guess we all have our opinions.

You literally asked if they WERE stacked as in when they had Kawhi and then proceed to talk about Siakam and Lowry LMFAO. No MFer they were stacked because they lost KAWHI LEONARD AND DANNY GREEN and still almost made it to ECF lmao. And this is with Lowry getting one more year past his prime lol. Say it with me, just admit it to yourself, that 2019 team was STACKED

2nd and third best players. point stands dumbass. and danny green? lol. that's cute.
SupaManu
Junior
And1: 986

Post#29 » by SupaManu » Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:01 pm

What happened to his defense...man he looked nothing like he did during his years on the Spurs on that end of the floor.
Heej
General Manager
And1: 8,409

Post#30 » by Heej » Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:05 pm

SeattleJazzFan wrote:
Heej wrote:
SeattleJazzFan wrote:

2nd and third best players. point stands dumbass. and danny green? lol. that's cute.

Point stands that this is a stacked roster if your guys 4-8 are Danny Green, Fred VanVleet, Marc Gasol, Serge Ibaka, and Norman Powell. That's 5 elite 2-way role players that don't give you weaknesses to attack in the playoffs so the team synergizes even better. You clearly don't understand roster construction and playoff basketball if you don't see the value in that and try to look at 2 or 3 players to sum up a team. And need I say it again, the best coach in the league. Yet I'm called the dumbass because you don't have the bball IQ to comprehend what the raptors have shown these past 2 seasons, or your agenda doesn't allow you to. Poor baby.
LeBron's NBA Cup MVP is more valuable than either of KD's Finals MVPs. This is the word of the Lord
Mak
RealGM
And1: 4,542

Post#32 » by Mak » Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:19 pm

I remember how Clippers roster was better than Raptors without Kawhi on either team. Now we are making excuses. lol
Montana78
Ballboy
And1: 9

Post#33 » by Montana78 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:21 pm

even if the system has ISO moments, its still part of the system - so yes, KL is a system player. Does KL need a stacked roster, or does he need to have players that play better within the system? Outside of saying Doc's system is or is not setup for KL and it's players is another discussion (as BBIQ is being thrown in a lot of threads, and how bad of coach Doc is). Looking at past teams with great players (and maybe systems) and support, the following come to mind from 80s on up -- Ewing and Knicks, Miller and Indy, Barkley and suns, dresser and Portland, Cwebb and queens, Tracy McGrady and Hou, Melo and every team he's played for ;) ...
spikeslovechild
RealGM
And1: 5,901

Post#34 » by spikeslovechild » Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:24 pm

He had a stacked team and lost so no.

What he needs is guys who know their role and can excel in limited opportunities he also needs a true PG who can get the ball to him in his spots.

He had that in TOR. Where was their stacked team? In LA it's full of selfish dudes who think they are better then they actually are playing for themselves.
Rodwilliams
Bench Warmer
And1: 962

Post#35 » by Rodwilliams » Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:39 pm

You deserve the donkey of the day for this comment.
Harry Garris wrote: Curry can turn non playoff teams into title contenders.

Not if the team doesn’t have elite defenders[/quote]
What a pointless statement.Every Finals team had elite role players[/quote]
Rodwilliams wrote:Duh!Thats what I just said. Eat your own words
Parataxis
General Manager
And1: 5,297

Post#36 » by Parataxis » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:15 pm

Everybody needs a good team around them to win. That's just basketball.

There's a reason LeBron didn't win a championship until he went to Miami. There's a reason Jordan didn't win a championship with the Wizards.
AZNKidd
Sophomore
And1: 89

Post#37 » by AZNKidd » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:30 pm

Heej wrote:
SeattleJazzFan wrote:
Heej wrote:You literally asked if they WERE stacked as in when they had Kawhi and then proceed to talk about Siakam and Lowry LMFAO. No MFer they were stacked because they lost KAWHI LEONARD AND DANNY GREEN and still almost made it to ECF lmao. And this is with Lowry getting one more year past his prime lol. Say it with me, just admit it to yourself, that 2019 team was STACKED

Point stands that this is a stacked roster if your guys 4-8 are Danny Green, Fred VanVleet, Marc Gasol, Serge Ibaka, and Norman Powell. That's 5 elite 2-way role players that don't give you weaknesses to attack in the playoffs so the team synergizes even better. You clearly don't understand roster construction and playoff basketball if you don't see the value in that and try to look at 2 or 3 players to sum up a team. And need I say it again, the best coach in the league. Yet I'm called the dumbass because you don't have the bball IQ to comprehend what the raptors have shown these past 2 seasons, or your agenda doesn't allow you to. Poor baby.

I think people commonly associate "stack" as being stacked with All Star players who signed with the team at their own accord, i.e., GSW, Heatles, Lakers. Toronto wouldn't fit that definition, but they are indeed "stacked" with players that would have made starting lineups on most other good teams (Gasol and Ibaka are clearly on the decline and nobody would consider all stars). You gotta give Raptors front office and Masai for pulling off all those trades and drafting.
Saints14
Analyst
And1: 5,390

Post#38 » by Saints14 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:32 pm

RealGM in full "if you don't win a title you're a scrub" mode today, lol
BenoUdrihFTL
RealGM
And1: 23,486

Post#39 » by BenoUdrihFTL » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:35 pm

Prokorov wrote:No. Absolutely not. I mean he has played on teams with a ton of talent, but he hasnt really played with even a 2nd real star other then early on before duncan declined.

Paul george is the biggest fraud star in elague history and the biggest cancer of the past 40 years. he makes everyone around him worse and all of his stats are completely empty.

Paul George games 5 and 6:

Game 5: 26/6/6 on 18 shots
Game 6: 33/6/3 on 21 shots

That's essentially supercharged #2 production and Kawhi's Clips still blew those games. Call them "empty stats" all you want but those points count on the scoreboard and they got the Clips sufficient leads to win the game. At some point the blame falls on the guy people are talking about as the best player in the game
everdiso
General Manager
And1: 10,125

Post#40 » by everdiso » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:37 pm

The truth is that everybody needs a great overall team with a great system and great depth.

The Raps had it. The Warriors had it. The Spurs had it. The Mavs had it.

The only player who's been able to win in recent memory with a team with major weaknesses is Lebron.
"I wasn't gonna act surprised - cuz I wasn't surprised."

Return to The General Board