Clippers BLEW a 3-1 lead

Moderators: Trader_Joe, loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger

patman66
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,360

Re: Clippers BLEW a 3-1 lead 

Post#41 » by patman66 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:37 pm

MasterIchiro wrote:Kawhi should've stayed in Toronto. That team is so much more well built than the Clippers. Rockets and Clippers are over their heads into star chasing and now they're a mess. Nobody does star chasing like LeBron.

He won a title already, now he wanted to play at home and with guys that he was friendly with. Gee, why play a winter sport in Canada when home is SoCal. The guy won the Championship mvp twice. He has nothing left to enhance his legacy but winning it 3 time in 3 diff cities. And how is being the clippers a mess, getting eliminated one game before conference championship? The other 25 teams must all be dog crap in your eyes if the clippers are a mess. Their season ended dissapointingly, that is all. This is the first year of this version of the clippers
TGW
RealGM
And1: 5,869

Post#42 » by TGW » Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:01 pm

Wolveswin wrote:Warriors Give: #2 + Wiggins + Looney + Wolves 2021 + 2022 1st
Warriors Get: George + Zubac
Warriors Reasoning: George wanted LA but his [lack of] shooting is better in San Francisco zip code with splash brothers neighbors. Just so happens they need a 3D SF who can concentrate on D while his shooting doesn’t need to be in Hollywood spotlight.
Zubac | Green
Green | Paschall
George
Thompson
Curry

Wizards Give: Beal + Smith
Wizards Get: Wiggins + Shamet + #2 + 2021 Wolves 1st + 2022 Warriors 1st
Wizards Reasoning: rebuild package for Beal.

Clippers Give: George + Shamet + Zubac
Clippers Get: Beal + Smith + Looney
Clippers Reasoning: Kawhi gets shooting and playmaking Robin in Beal.
Harrell
Morris
Kawhi
Beal | Lou
Beverley | Beal

Any deal that involves Wiggins to the Wizards is an automatic no. He destroys any value attached to him.
Some random troll wrote:Not to sound negative, but this team is owned by an arrogant cheapskate, managed by a moron and coached by an idiot. Recipe for disaster.
TGW
RealGM

Post#43 » by TGW » Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:03 pm

vetmin wrote:
retrobro90 wrote:
Warriors Reasoning: George wanted LA but his [lack of] shooting is better in San Francisco zip code with splash brothers neighbors. Just so happens they need a 3D SF who can concentrate on D while his shooting doesn’t need to be in Hollywood spotlight.
Zubac | Green
Green | Paschall
George
Thompson
Curry

Harrell
Morris
Kawhi
Beal | Lou
Beverley | Beal

Think the value is there and fair but don't see the Dubs/Clips helping each other as divisional foes.

I think GSW would def do it and LAC would as long as Kawhi is cool w it. I think theyd be confident enough in their own improvement that they wouldnt be worried about how theyre helping the other. The wet blanket thrower in this case is WAS. I think this is fair value for Beal but shaking him loose from WAS this offseason will be nigh on impossible IMO. They seem to be clinging to Wall-Beal fantasies

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Wizards would be the wet blanket because Wiggins stinks. His addition to any package automatically kills value.
Some random troll wrote:Not to sound negative, but this team is owned by an arrogant cheapskate, managed by a moron and coached by an idiot. Recipe for disaster.
NoZoLakers
General Manager
And1: 3,358

Post#44 » by NoZoLakers » Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:04 pm

patman66 wrote:
MasterIchiro wrote:Kawhi should've stayed in Toronto. That team is so much more well built than the Clippers. Rockets and Clippers are over their heads into star chasing and now they're a mess. Nobody does star chasing like LeBron.

He won a title already, now he wanted to play at home and with guys that he was friendly with. Gee, why play a winter sport in Canada when home is SoCal. The guy won the Championship mvp twice. He has nothing left to enhance his legacy but winning it 3 time in 3 diff cities. And how is being the clippers a mess, getting eliminated one game before conference championship? The other 25 teams must all be dog crap in your eyes if the clippers are a mess. Their season ended dissapointingly, that is all. This is the first year of this version of the clippers

like Tor fan cant fanthom a guy wanting to be at home
Wolveswin
Head Coach
And1: 2,403

Post#45 » by Wolveswin » Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:35 pm

TGW wrote:
Zubac | Green
Green | Paschall
George
Thompson
Curry

Harrell
Morris
Kawhi
Beal | Lou
Beverley | Beal

Any deal that involves Wiggins to the Wizards is an automatic no. He destroys any value attached to him.

Not sure you saw my other post above, Wiggins doesn’t need to go to Wizards. The math actually works.

Does this get Wizards to say yes?
Wolveswin
Head Coach
And1: 2,403

Post#46 » by Wolveswin » Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:54 pm

Wolveswin wrote:
TGW wrote:
Zubac | Green
Green | Paschall
George
Thompson
Curry

Harrell
Morris
Kawhi
Beal | Lou
Beverley | Beal

Not sure you saw my other post above, Wiggins doesn’t need to go to Wizards. The math actually works.

Here is what it might look like...

Warriors Give: #2 + Wiggins + Looney + Wolves 2021 + 2022 1st
Zubac | Green
Green | Paschall
George
Thompson
Curry

Wizards Give: Beal
Wizards Get: Shamet + #2 + 2021 Wolves 1st + 2022 Warriors 1st

Clippers Get: Beal + Looney + Wiggins
Harrell
Morris
Kawhi | Wiggins
Beal | Lou
Beverley | Beal
vetmin
Junior
And1: 131

Post#47 » by vetmin » Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:56 pm

Wolveswin wrote:
vetmin wrote:
retrobro90 wrote:
Think the value is there and fair but don't see the Dubs/Clips helping each other as divisional foes.

I think GSW would def do it and LAC would as long as Kawhi is cool w it. I think theyd be confident enough in their own improvement that they wouldnt be worried about how theyre helping the other. The wet blanket thrower in this case is WAS. I think this is fair value for Beal but shaking him loose from WAS this offseason will be nigh on impossible IMO. They seem to be clinging to Wall-Beal fantasies

Would it put Wizards over the edge to say yes if they didn’t have to eat Wiggins contract, so got huge draft value and massive savings? The math works in which Clippers take on Wiggins. With that in mind, do Rockets join in Western conference foes being trading partners...

Warriors Give: #2 + Wiggins + Looney + Poole + Wolves 2021 + 2022 1st
Warriors Get: George + Zubac + Gordon (via Iggy TPE)
Zubac | Green
Green | Paschall
George | Thompson
Thompson | Gordon
Curry | Gordon

Rockets Give: Harden + Gordon + Tucker
Rockets Get: Lou Williams + Poole + Looney + #2 + 2021 Wolves 1st + 2022 Warriors 1st
Rockets Reasoning: rebuild package for Harden with about 49MM in instant salary savings. One could say George to Rockets makes more sense, but he would be flight risk in Houston and paired with Westbrook would just kick the can down the road for needed rebuild with non-championship roster.

Clippers Give: George + Lou Williams + Zubac
Clippers Get: Harden + Wiggins + Tucker
Clippers Reasoning: Kawhi gets Harden. Wiggins becomes Clippers new scoring 6th man.
Harrell
Tucker
Kawhi | Wiggins
Harden | Wiggins
Beverley | Harden

Honestly I dont think WAS is ready to trade Beal for anything yet except for an even better star like Harden, which theyre not gonna get. It’s stupid, but it’s the kind of stupidity and wishful thinking I could see them engaging in.

Morey, on the other hand, is ruthless, and Fertitta could probably be convinced of anything so long as it saves him $$$. If HOU gets all those picks, gets off Gordon’s contract, AND dodges Wiggins contract, I could maybe see Morey leading HOU into its own Process era. They wouldnt be tanking, per se, since theyve traded their future away, but they could gain the financial flexibility to take on other teams’ bad contracts for picks. I could also see Ballmer being willing to overpay Wiggins as a super 6th man if it means upgrading from PG to Harden. Eating money is their only real asset now that theyve traded away all their picks.

TGW
RealGM

Post#48 » by TGW » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:07 pm

vetmin wrote:Honestly I dont think WAS is ready to trade Beal for anything yet except for an even better star like Harden, which theyre not gonna get. It’s stupid, but it’s the kind of stupidity and wishful thinking I could see them engaging in.

What? Why would the Wizards ever trade a 26 year old Beal for 31 year old Harden? Makes no sense.
TGW
RealGM

Post#49 » by TGW » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:09 pm

Wolveswin wrote:
Wolveswin wrote:
TGW wrote:

Zubac | Green
Green | Paschall
George
Thompson
Curry

Harrell
Morris
Kawhi | Wiggins
Beal | Lou
Beverley | Beal

This is much better. If you can manage to throw Zubac the Wizards way, I would actually consider this. Nicely done.
loserX
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 26,046

Post#50 » by loserX » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:11 pm

TGW wrote:
Wolveswin wrote:
Wolveswin wrote:Not sure you saw my other post above, Wiggins doesn’t need to go to Wizards. The math actually works.

Zubac | Green
Green | Paschall
George
Thompson
Curry

Harrell
Morris
Kawhi | Wiggins
Beal | Lou
Beverley | Beal

This is much better. If you can manage to throw Zubac the Wizards way, I would actually consider this. Nicely done.

Can't imagine the Clippers would, though. Whatever the difference between George and Beal, it's nowhere near the difference between Shamet/Zubac and Andrew Wiggins.
vetmin
Junior

Post#51 » by vetmin » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:27 pm

TGW wrote:
vetmin wrote:Honestly I dont think WAS is ready to trade Beal for anything yet except for an even better star like Harden, which theyre not gonna get. It’s stupid, but it’s the kind of stupidity and wishful thinking I could see them engaging in.

What? Why would the Wizards ever trade a 26 year old Beal for 31 year old Harden? Makes no sense.

Because Beal probably wouldnt ever bring them the window of contention that Harden would right now. Assuming Wall is even in the ballpark of what he was, he and Harden would instantly vault the Wiz into contention a la the Nets with KD and Kyrie. Its a narrow window, as it is for BKN, but they could instantly build a primetime team around those two and inject some life / relevance into the franchise.

jimmy keys
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,889

Post#52 » by jimmy keys » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:34 pm

Maybe the Clippers should make a run at Ball. He seems getable and may be the facilitator they could use.
vetmin
Junior

Post#53 » by vetmin » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:40 pm

TGW wrote:
vetmin wrote:
retrobro90 wrote:

The Wizards would be the wet blanket because Wiggins stinks. His addition to any package automatically kills value.

Maybe in the abstract, but just like “a guy is worth what a team will pay him,” so too is a contract’s odiousness relative to the team’s situation. In reality, no team at ground zero of a rebuild is actually burdened by a tank commander-ish contract like Wiggins’s. One of course wants to squeeze as much out of one’s trade partner as possible, but if they liked the positive assets from GSW significantly more than what anyone else is offering, itd be foolish to get hung up on whether it’s perfectly balanced in the abstract.

vetmin
Junior

Post#54 » by vetmin » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:42 pm

loserX wrote:
TGW wrote:
Wolveswin wrote:Here is what it might look like...

Zubac | Green
Green | Paschall
George
Thompson
Curry

Harrell
Morris
Kawhi | Wiggins
Beal | Lou
Beverley | Beal

Can't imagine the Clippers would, though. Whatever the difference between George and Beal, it's nowhere near the difference between Shamet/Zubac and Andrew Wiggins.

Same. I could see LAC eating Wiggins for Harden, but not for just Beal.

basketballwacko2
RealGM
And1: 3,914

Post#55 » by basketballwacko2 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:08 am

DeathLineup wrote:
basketballwacko2 wrote:
DeathLineup wrote:1. What are they going to do? Major makeover? Minor repairs? Or run it back?
2. What are the realistic moves to improve this Clippers team?

Looks like they were over rated. George fails again.

Well said. I seriously can't understand why PG always fails in the playoffs.

When he was a Pacer I liked him right up to the point that he took a dump on the organization and his team mates. But the Pacers are better off without this loser. Sabonis and Oladipo are worth much more than pg. George apparently likes to read his own press clippings so I hope he reads this. Hey Paul you stink!
basketballwacko2
RealGM
And1: 3,914

Post#56 » by basketballwacko2 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:16 am

Mike lorenzo wrote:Shamet + Zubac + Beverley for Drummond ..
Harrell (Sign and exchange) + Mcgruder for Conley

Conley
Pg
Leonard
Morris
Drummond

Conley/Drummond/Pg/Kl expire ... if it doesn't work they walk

Don't underestimate pg's ability to drag a team into the ditch. He's the one guy in the NBA who could drag down KL.
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 36,505

Post#57 » by zimpy27 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 3:07 am

Have to retain all their pieces above the cap and then look for ways trade redundant pieces for a playmaking PG.

Taking a gamble on Westbrook, Wall, CP3, Conley might be the way to go.
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie
Saul Goodman
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,355

Post#58 » by Saul Goodman » Thu Sep 17, 2020 3:12 am

I wonder if they would be desperate enough to trade for wall

Green
Beverly
McGruder
Zubac
Mfiondu

For

Wall

Wall/George/Leonard/Morris/ FA
2016 GMAT Blazers

Howard/Nene/
Griffin/M.Leonard/T.Jones
Porter/Marc.Morris/J.Johnson
McCollum/Stauskas/Thompson/Seldon
Lillard/Bayless/DeColo
DirtyDez
Suns Forum College Scout
And1: 6,307

Post#59 » by DirtyDez » Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:42 am

Trade Lou for a big
Hire Bill Self
Get Pandemic P and sports phycologist
fromthetop321 wrote:I got Lebron number 1, he is also leading defensive player of the year. Curry's game still reminds me of Jeremy Lin to much.
DanishLakerFan
Veteran
And1: 569

Post#60 » by DanishLakerFan » Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:50 am

DeathLineup wrote:1. What are they going to do? Major makeover? Minor repairs? Or run it back?
2. What are the realistic moves to improve this Clippers team?

First and foremost i think they have to do whatever it takes to lock in PG and Kawhi long term, then work from there. As much as i like to see them fail i think Kawhi and PG still is a foundation for a title contender.

Run it all back, work on chemistry and make minor moves.

Return to Trades and Transactions