Grats Denver fans.

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

tsirigoj
Rookie
And1: 636

Re: Grats Denver fans. 

Post#121 » by tsirigoj » Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:42 pm

The Rebel wrote:
NPZ wrote:
The Rebel wrote:
What exactly did Lebron do? He hasn't beaten the Nuggets, they were the 2nd seed before they tanked a few games in the bubble. maybe we should see what happens next round before you get too excited.

Also I love how you and all the Lakers fans are acting like you have done something, cheering for a guy like Lebron doesn't make you special. Sticking by a team through the ups and downs is what makes winning great. Lebron stacked teams are like using a cheat code in a video game, ya you beat the game, but deep down you know you didn't earn it. Lebron has 1 championship without another top 5 player on his team, wow.

Lakers FO wants to win. They pay the price for these kinds of pairings. Nuggs did good here, but you have your culture and restrictions and standards and the Lakers have theirs.

I understand what the Lakers do, but you are missing the fact that the Lakers have been terrible for years, this is your 1st time in the playoffs in how many years? Only Lebron fans would be gloating like clowns, because they have spent their entire fandom cheering for stacked teams and acting like they have done something, when at the end of the day not a single 1 of us accomplish **** posting on message boards.

I've been a Laker fan pre-Kobe, bud.

We have a lot of bandwagon fans, but don't automatically assume we are all hopping on the wagon b/c we have the GOAT now.

You're right. We haven't accomplished anything yet, but seeing that there are 4 teams left, we are clearly the best team with the top 2 players left, I like our chances.
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,338

Post#122 » by The Rebel » Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:49 pm

tsirigoj wrote:
The Rebel wrote:
NPZ wrote:
Lakers FO wants to win. They pay the price for these kinds of pairings. Nuggs did good here, but you have your culture and restrictions and standards and the Lakers have theirs.

I understand what the Lakers do, but you are missing the fact that the Lakers have been terrible for years, this is your 1st time in the playoffs in how many years? Only Lebron fans would be gloating like clowns, because they have spent their entire fandom cheering for stacked teams and acting like they have done something, when at the end of the day not a single 1 of us accomplish **** posting on message boards.

We have a lot of bandwagon fans, but don't automatically assume we are all hopping on the wagon b/c we have the GOAT now.

You're right. We haven't accomplished anything yet, but seeing that there are 4 teams left, we are clearly the best team with the top 2 players left, I like our chances.

LMAO, the good news is we get to see who the better team is over the next few weeks, we also get to see who the best players left are. I would not count my chickens before they hatch and I damn sure would lose the ego trip you guys are on, before we start pulling these threads up in 2 weeks.
tsirigoj
Rookie

Post#123 » by tsirigoj » Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:53 pm

The Rebel wrote:
tsirigoj wrote:
The Rebel wrote:

LMAO, the good news is we get to see who the better team is over the next few weeks, we also get to see who the best players left are. I would not count my chickens before they hatch and I damn sure would lose the ego trip you guys are on, before we start pulling these threads up in 2 weeks.

I appreciate the confidence. Given what the Nugs did to the Clippers, I would be riding that high as well.

The Clippers are not the Lakers. If Denver goes down 3-1 to the Lakers (who the hell is gonna guard AD? who the hell is gonna guard LeBron?) then it's night-night.
MotownMadness
RealGM
And1: 21,884

Post#124 » by MotownMadness » Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:23 pm

Why's everyone crapping on Clipsfan? Hes a die hard who loves his team, so what? He should be pumping his team up all year and just had a heartbreaker series
hippesthippo
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,305

Post#125 » by hippesthippo » Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:39 pm

As a Lions fan I'm well aware of your pain. The Clippers will get one eventually and I hope it will be immensely gratifying for you.

It's been a great post-season to watch thus far. I'd encourage you to find another team to follow for the remainder of it, or just watch the games for their entertainment value without any particular fandom. I'm still a Pistons fan at heart, but it's been quite satisfying following another team that isn't quite so disappointing as well.
MotownMadness
RealGM
And1: 21,884

Post#126 » by MotownMadness » Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:41 pm

hippesthippo wrote:As a Lions fan I'm well aware of your pain. The Clippers will get one eventually and I hope it will be immensely gratifying for you.

It's been a great post-season to watch thus far. I'd encourage you to find another team to follow for the remainder of it, or just watch the games for their entertainment value without any particular fandom. I'm still a Pistons fan at heart, but it's been quite satisfying following another team that isn't quite so disappointing as well.

I think Denver is my new secondary team
PD28
General Manager
And1: 13,470

Post#127 » by PD28 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:51 pm

50 years and counting. I'm thinking next year is it!
GQ Hot Dog
General Manager
And1: 5,016

Post#128 » by GQ Hot Dog » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:14 pm

iamworthy wrote:
ClipsFanSince98 wrote:It's weird. I'm not even mad right now. I'm just numb. I feel what I've felt so many times in 20 years. You guys deserved this series. You were the better team, and especially better coached. Maybe your team exposing the Clippers will be good for them in the long run some how? I hope this forces some trades and Doc firing, sadly that's likely a pipe dream. Anyway, hell of a season and good luck vs the Lakers. Should be a great series.

So much crow from you. You spent the entire year talking about how much better the clippers were better than the lakers.

I still think the Clippers are better than the Lakers. I guess we'll be finding out soon.
The hottest of takes...
Jester_ wrote:Hot take: Moses Moody shows the potential to be a star/#2 option ala Lauri Markkanen. Both the eye test and the advanced stats show a player with extremely high slope.
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#129 » by The Rebel » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:15 pm

tsirigoj wrote:
The Rebel wrote:
tsirigoj wrote:

I appreciate the confidence. Given what the Nugs did to the Clippers, I would be riding that high as well.

The Clippers are not the Lakers. If Denver goes down 3-1 to the Lakers (who the hell is gonna guard AD? who the hell is gonna guard LeBron?) then it's night-night.

Considering how Lakers fans are celebrating I would say you guys were scared of the Clippers, so I would not be so confident if I was a lakers fan after what just happened to the Clippers.

By the way the Nuggets are not the Rockets who has a losing record since the deadline or the Trailblazers with Lillard injured.
FinnTheHuman
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,716

Post#130 » by FinnTheHuman » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:17 pm

tsirigoj wrote:
The Rebel wrote:
tsirigoj wrote:

The same guys who guarded Kawhi will guard Lebron: Grant, Millsap, Craig. Millsap, Plumlee and Jokic will guard AD. Lakers are a really good team, but Lakers are by no means a mismatch for the Nuggets. The only mismatch for the Nuggets are elite pick n roll guards and elite 3 point shooting teams. Lakers are neither of those. Don't expect to win by being guarded poorly, because you're gonna be guarded well.
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#131 » by The Rebel » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:17 pm

:x
MotownMadness wrote:Why's everyone crapping on Clipsfan? Hes a die hard who loves his team, so what? He should be pumping his team up all year and just had a heartbreaker series

Not everybody, just Raptors fans who are mad Kawhi left and Lakers fans who are obviously scared of the Clippers.

Most others including Nuggets fans have been sympathetic and forgiving in this thread.
ItsDanger
RealGM
And1: 22,025

Post#132 » by ItsDanger » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:23 pm

I had Denver as my pick at the beginning of the season. My only concern with them was that the roster was too deep. Will Barton (although he's a good player) being injured alleviated the logjam and provided more cohesiveness. Malone tends to play everybody. Sometimes, having a shortened roster is better.
Organization can be defined as an organized body of people with a particular purpose. Not random.
Nazrmohamed
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,997

Post#133 » by Nazrmohamed » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:26 pm

I doubt they'll win it all but who knows. What I do know is they are the funnest team to watch in the nba right now and Murray. Isn't it time we put him in discussions for top 3 PG in the league? His style of play is almost like he isn't the PG at all, especially with how good Jokic passes but that is indeed his position and he's dominated this bubble.
picc
RealGM
And1: 17,681

Post#134 » by picc » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:43 pm

I like the clippers and kawhi. But i dont like rivers and dont feel like he deserved another championship from a superteam randomly stacking together and making him appear like a championship level coach.

I was bummed yesterday, but its for the best. Because **** Doc Rivers.
Chandan
RealGM
And1: 21,138

Post#135 » by Chandan » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:45 pm

grats!!! Keep it up and shock the world!
jimmy keys
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,889

Post#136 » by jimmy keys » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:49 pm

The Rebel wrote::x
MotownMadness wrote:Why's everyone crapping on Clipsfan? Hes a die hard who loves his team, so what? He should be pumping his team up all year and just had a heartbreaker series

Not everybody, just Raptors fans who are mad Kawhi left and Lakers fans who are obviously scared of the Clippers.

Most others including Nuggets fans have been sympathetic and forgiving in this thread.

Seems to be mostly Lakers fans bud. Nothing wrong with being confident in your team. I certainly don't think anyone should be kicking another person when they're down. That's weak in general.
tsirigoj
Rookie

Post#137 » by tsirigoj » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:49 pm

The Rebel wrote:
tsirigoj wrote:
The Rebel wrote:

Considering how Lakers fans are celebrating I would say you guys were scared of the Clippers, so I would not be so confident if I was a lakers fan after what just happened to the Clippers.

By the way the Nuggets are not the Rockets who has a losing record since the deadline or the Trailblazers with Lillard injured.

Sounds like a lot of speculation on your part. We Laker fans knew the Clips weren't as good as Clips fans thought. We were annoyed, not scared. Hard to be scared when you have the GOAT and hes playing the way he is.
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 36,970

Post#138 » by zimpy27 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:54 pm

Not everyone is. He's getting some trash-talking here but that's a part of fandom. Though I haven't seen much proof where he trashed other teams like some are suggesting, I don't recall that, he's pretty objective with other teams.

Diehard fans should definitely pump up their team but also take a little on the chin when they collapse. Clipsfan is doing exactly this. I don't know if there is a more diehard fan on here.

You can't be diehard if you don't die hard.
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie
tsirigoj
Rookie

Post#139 » by tsirigoj » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:54 pm

FinnTheHuman wrote:
tsirigoj wrote:
The Rebel wrote:

The same guys who guarded Kawhi will guard Lebron: Grant, Millsap, Craig. Millsap, Plumlee and Jokic will guard AD. Lakers are a really good team, but Lakers are by no means a mismatch for the Nuggets. The only mismatch for the Nuggets are elite pick n roll guards and elite 3 point shooting teams. Lakers are neither of those. Don't expect to win by being guarded poorly, because you're gonna be guarded well.

You are right about the Nugs needing to take a team approach in guarding LeBron. Guarding LeBron will be FAR more difficult than guarding Kawhi though. More weapons in his arsenal, and his ability to make average joes look like stars is a skill that Kawhi doesn't possess.

Also, you can't confidently say that you think Jokic CAN defend AD. Jokic CAN guard "2-left feet" Gobert and short Montrezl Harrell. AD is far more skilled, athletic, and quicker than any big on the Jazz and Clippers combined. Jokic will struggle.

I expect AD to have a MONSTER series.
Doctor MJ
Senior Mod
Senior Mod
And1: 19,473

Post#140 » by Doctor MJ » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:19 pm

ClipsFanSince98 wrote:It's weird. I'm not even mad right now. I'm just numb. I feel what I've felt so many times in 20 years. You guys deserved this series. You were the better team, and especially better coached. Maybe your team exposing the Clippers will be good for them in the long run some how? I hope this forces some trades and Doc firing, sadly that's likely a pipe dream. Anyway, hell of a season and good luck vs the Lakers. Should be a great series.

Thanks for showing some class ClipsFan. I'm sorry for your suffering, you long-time Clipper fans deserve better.
Getting ready for the RealGM 100 on the PC Board

Come join the WNBA Board if you're a fan!

Return to The General Board