ImageImageImageImageImage

GAME 7. WC SEMIS SEPT 15, 6PM PST

Moderators: og15, TrueLAfan

HiRez
RealGM
And1: 3,588

Re: GAME 7. WC SEMIS SEPT 15, 6PM PST 

Post#361 » by HiRez » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:24 am

TheNewEra wrote:Absolutely no way these guys are going to trust a euro coach they don’t know. It’s likely someone coming out of retirement

You'll probably get D'Antoni or Mark Jackson.
Jeffroxyx
Freshman
And1: 46

Post#362 » by Jeffroxyx » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:25 am

mttwlsn16 wrote:
Jeffroxyx wrote:
NickP wrote:I'm ashamed to call myself a Clippers' fan. They're truly the laughing stock all over the place.
If Doc is the coach next year I'm not following the NBA anymore till he's here. I cannot follow any other team either. This is it. Doc needs to GTFO here.
If he truly is a man he'd resign.

Clippers fans suck. Only 18 pages of comments in a game 7? All the other major teams had 60+ pages. Sad.

This season just proves that Kawhi wasn't the reason Toronto won. Toronto was the reason Kawhi won.
Yes, bc the constant 1 and 2 seed 2md rd exits the Raptors had every yr before Kawhi, and again this yr, clearly prove that to be 100% false.

It was also the first year of Nick Nurse and no Derozen who always choked in the playoffs. Kawhi had Paul George and Doc Rivers and couldn't get it done. If Kawhi was still on the Raptors they would be in the finals.
akiman911
Pro Prospect
And1: 785

Post#363 » by akiman911 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:45 am

MartinToVaught wrote:
Max Headrom wrote:
MartinToVaught wrote:Casey wasn't in charge of two of the most excruciating playoff collapses in sports history. You can't just promote from within after a failure like this.

You're trying too hard now, the Raptors were known for collapsing in the playoffs every year despite being one of the top teams in the east :crazy:

Literally nothing the Raptors did was as bad as this chokejob or the Houston series. They usually lost to teams that were significantly better than them.

Like the time the wizards swept em

Sent from my Nokia 3310 using Tapatalk
"With that shot he exceeded his 2 ppg average"
Heat announcers on Patrick McCaw (after a made 3) March 10, 2019.
GQ Hot Dog
General Manager
And1: 5,016

Post#364 » by GQ Hot Dog » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:48 am

Quake Griffin wrote:I got Covid symptoms bad but a negative test (getting another test tomorrow since the symptoms are so bad).

MartinRiggs wrote:How often do you get negative test if you got the virus,I think rare?

Former Giants shortstop and current Giants broadcaster Rich Aurilia got tested 4 times in a week, all negative, because he travels with the Giants. The very next week he got sick with very Covid like symptoms, got tested two more times, still negative and then a week later got an antibody test which came up...positive. Which sucks because it means the tests you might encounter might not be very accurate at all. Yay Covid.
The hottest of takes...
Jester_ wrote:Hot take: Moses Moody shows the potential to be a star/#2 option ala Lauri Markkanen. Both the eye test and the advanced stats show a player with extremely high slope.
Jeffroxyx
Freshman
And1: 46

Post#365 » by Jeffroxyx » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:49 am

akiman911 wrote:
MartinToVaught wrote:
Max Headrom wrote:
You're trying too hard now, the Raptors were known for collapsing in the playoffs every year despite being one of the top teams in the east :crazy:

Literally nothing the Raptors did was as bad as this chokejob or the Houston series. They usually lost to teams that were significantly better than them.

Like the time the wizards swept em

Sent from my Nokia 3310 using Tapatalk

That was like 5 years ago. Totally different team. How far do you want to go back?
50 years and the Clippers have never made their conference finals. LOL
Captain Ballmer
Pro Prospect
And1: 724

Post#366 » by Captain Ballmer » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:56 am

Dynamix wrote:
esqtvd wrote:
Jeffroxyx wrote:
Clippers fans suck. Only 18 pages of comments in a game 7? All the other major teams had 60+ pages. Sad.

This season just proves that Kawhi wasn't the reason Toronto won. Toronto was the reason Kawhi won.

Dude. You're so on it. I'm East Coast and married a Cub fan. They have no idea. This bunch of c--ts deserves NOTHING.

There are REAL Clipper fans out there but they have abandoned this board. It belongs to the vultures now.

I'm sorry, I just can't do this any more.

I don't know what constitutes a REAL Clipper fan, but this is literally the only sports team I care about and have been following religiously for a decade. Finally moved on from soccer these past couple of years after being way into it for my entire life. And with Roger Federer in his twilight years, I'm also pretty much done with tennis, none of the other players do anything for me.

So having said that, YOU are the only reason I absolutely dread being active on this board. Not MTV, not some random sad trolls, but YOU. Tried ignoring but you still get quoted often so it's useless. Plus, sometimes I just couldn't resist reading what you came up with.

Seriously, all your (sometimes not so) passive-aggressive messages are really something else. I would go a week or two without checking out the board, logged back in, then would actually shake my head at your latest contribution and logged right out. Got to the point when I'm 90% convinced you're a high-level troll playing a long game, that doesn't give a damn about this team. The mods should've probably stepped in a long time ago, but I understand it's tough to deal with someone that doesn't blatantly break the rules.

Sorry if this is too aggressive or way off base, just felt the need to get it off my chest now, before I go mostly silent until next season.

Peace!

P.S. Someone that goes on a team's board in its darkest moments to kick the few active users while they're down is truly a sad and empty person. The Clippers sub-reddit had to go private just to keep all the brigading trolls at bay.

I feel you man. That guy is really trying hard to make Doc looks fine. It's really annoying.
2023 Clippers W/L Count (51-31)
(Russ at bench 42-15)
without PG13 3-3
Without Kawhi 7-4
Without Russ 6-6
TheNewEra
RealGM
And1: 10,409

Post#367 » by TheNewEra » Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:03 am

Curious what happens with Kabengele next year because he has the raw tools to fix a lot of our issues. Good size with a scorers mentality but can shoot with solid defensive instincts. If Green and/or Trez walk he may get a shot
Max Headrom
Sixth Man
And1: 2,186

Post#368 » by Max Headrom » Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:08 am

TheNewEra wrote:Curious what happens with Kabengele next year because he has the raw tools to fix a lot of our issues. Good size with a scorers mentality but can shoot with solid defensive instincts. If Green and/or Trez walk he may get a shot

Let Trezz walk, get Kab ready. Liked what I saw from him when he played and he has actual size, not just wingspan like Trezz. Trezz and Lou showed they can't be depended on. The Clippers bench is what made them dangerous and that bench disappeared in the playoffs
TheNewEra
RealGM

Post#369 » by TheNewEra » Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:09 am

Max Headrom wrote:
Clemenza wrote:
Max Headrom wrote:
You don't need any of that to happen for you to be negative. You're even negative sometimes after wins. You're just the Debbie Downer of the board and everyone knows your act now...

There has to be some sort of payoff though bro. I've been a fan for a long time, Sports Arena days and all. There just has to be some sort of deep playoff run mixed in somewhere after all these years. Our fanbase is only as strong as what the team does on the court. That's why our fanbase is stagnant and not as rowdy and vocal as it should be because in the back of our minds we know there a choke job just waiting to happen

You gotta look at it like this...

The way the bench disappeared in the playoffs (Lou and Trezz **** the bed all playoffs) we weren't winning anything this year. No matter how good your stars are, the others have to produce, always been that way. This loss just proved we don't have enough yet. Can't depend on Lou and Trezz to come through when it matters and that was a huge blow to what made the Clippers dangerous.

This is the type of loss that forces the front office hand to make the necessary changes. We win this series but lose to the Lakers, this team probably runs it back with most of the roster in tact and that would've been fools gold. The Clippers aren't far off but Doc time has to come to and end and Lou, Trezz and Pat have to be replaced now, no ways around it. With West in Ballmer ear, the ship will be righted and this loss is better for the squad in the grand scheme of things in my opinion.

Don’t think Pat is done he showed that he can rally the team as a vocal leader. He’s getting a year older and only more injury prone so his backup should be high priority. Lou might be safe but if he stays Shamet has to go it won’t work with them both they don’t fit. If Shamet stays the bench needs to be normalized to fit his strengths and a big guard like SGA would help.
Max Headrom
Sixth Man
And1: 2,186

Post#370 » by Max Headrom » Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:18 am

TheNewEra wrote:
Max Headrom wrote:
Clemenza wrote:There has to be some sort of payoff though bro. I've been a fan for a long time, Sports Arena days and all. There just has to be some sort of deep playoff run mixed in somewhere after all these years. Our fanbase is only as strong as what the team does on the court. That's why our fanbase is stagnant and not as rowdy and vocal as it should be because in the back of our minds we know there a choke job just waiting to happen

The way the bench disappeared in the playoffs (Lou and Trezz **** the bed all playoffs) we weren't winning anything this year. No matter how good your stars are, the others have to produce, always been that way. This loss just proved we don't have enough yet. Can't depend on Lou and Trezz to come through when it matters and that was a huge blow to what made the Clippers dangerous.

This is the type of loss that forces the front office hand to make the necessary changes. We win this series but lose to the Lakers, this team probably runs it back with most of the roster in tact and that would've been fools gold. The Clippers aren't far off but Doc time has to come to and end and Lou, Trezz and Pat have to be replaced now, no ways around it. With West in Ballmer ear, the ship will be righted and this loss is better for the squad in the grand scheme of things in my opinion.

Don’t think Pat is done he showed that he can rally the team as a vocal leader. He’s getting a year older and only more injury prone so his backup should be high priority. Lou might be safe but if he stays Shamet has to go it won’t work with them both they don’t fit. If Shamet stays the bench needs to be normalized to fit his strengths and a big guard like SGA would help.

I would honestly keep Shamet and start him at the 1. He played really well with the starters. And if man improves his jumper, he actually checks most of the boxes of an SGA type, really think he can be a solid back up and future starter. Bev can probably be used as a PG off the bench to help with defense I think if he stays. But I just want some dependable bench players when it matters. Don't give a damn how good they are the in the regular season.
Clemenza
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,196

Post#371 » by Clemenza » Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:07 am

Jeffroxyx wrote:
mttwlsn16 wrote:
Jeffroxyx wrote:

Yes, bc the constant 1 and 2 seed 2md rd exits the Raptors had every yr before Kawhi, and again this yr, clearly prove that to be 100% false.

It was also the first year of Nick Nurse and no Derozen who always choked in the playoffs. Kawhi had Paul George and Doc Rivers and couldn't get it done. If Kawhi was still on the Raptors they would be in the finals.

Go away ****. This isn't the main clipper fan board anyway. Look at the traffic on each team's board on RealGM. You'll notice RealGM is the main board for some teams but not for others

Edit: Evading language filter
Clemenza
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,196

Post#372 » by Clemenza » Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:08 am

TheNewEra wrote:Curious what happens with Kabengele next year because he has the raw tools to fix a lot of our issues. Good size with a scorers mentality but can shoot with solid defensive instincts. If Green and/or Trez walk he may get a shot

He replaces Trez or Morris Sr. next season
tamaraw08
Analyst
And1: 1,280

Post#373 » by tamaraw08 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:42 pm

NippySudz wrote:
Read on Twitter

Spell Load of Cr@p M@nAgeMent
MartinToVaught
RealGM
And1: 17,158

Post#374 » by MartinToVaught » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:33 pm

It's actually impressive how much worse this gets with every new statistic ESPN comes up with:

Read on Twitter
og15
Forum Mod - Clippers
Forum Mod - Clippers
And1: 29,063

Post#375 » by og15 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:48 pm

Raptors fans, if you are here to discuss you are welcome, if you simply want to bait and troll, bans will be handed out.
Quake Griffin
RealGM
And1: 4,640

Post#376 » by Quake Griffin » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:50 pm

Clemenza wrote:

He replaces Trez or Morris Sr. next season

Doc won’t play him or develop him because he’s young, novice, etc. etc.

He wouldn’t have “earned” his minutes.

But every vet he loves, no matter how bad they’re playing, will get opportunity after opportunity to play themselves them into form.

Now....
If Doc is gone....
Let’s talk.
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
og15
Forum Mod - Clippers
Forum Mod - Clippers

Post#377 » by og15 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:51 pm

MartinToVaught wrote:
esqtvd wrote:
BS. You make excuses for Doc's favorite players and trash the players who Doc doesn't trust. I don't know why you keep lying, you're not fooling anybody. Your shtick is very predictable.

we are discussing our future
as a Clippers community and as fans

so please get out of my face
you are not one of us

You aren't "discussing" anything. You are shouting down actual fans with the same tired excuses. Go find somewhere else to troll, your shtick has jumped the shark.

Let's move on guys, and let's cut out the policing of who is or is not a fan. We can disagree without making it a personal vendatta.
og15
Forum Mod - Clippers
Forum Mod - Clippers

Post#378 » by og15 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:56 pm

TheNewEra wrote:
Max Headrom wrote:
Clemenza wrote:There has to be some sort of payoff though bro. I've been a fan for a long time, Sports Arena days and all. There just has to be some sort of deep playoff run mixed in somewhere after all these years. Our fanbase is only as strong as what the team does on the court. That's why our fanbase is stagnant and not as rowdy and vocal as it should be because in the back of our minds we know there a choke job just waiting to happen

Beverley is a starting PG when paired next to a playmaking SG or SF who can essentially play PG. Neither Kawhi or George are that, we knew that, but we were hoping the lack of skills would be made up by system. The other option is a playmaking big man for everyone to play off of, the Clippers don't have that either (Noah, but too old).

On this team as currently built, Beverley is simply not your idea starter when the playoffs roll around. If Harden was the SG, then yes, or if LeBron was the SF, etc, but not with the wings on this team. They are both good secondary playamakers, but neither is a primary playmaker. Again, we knew this, but thought they could figure it out, they didn't.
esqtvd
RealGM
And1: 3,883

Post#379 » by esqtvd » Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:16 pm

og15 wrote:
MartinToVaught wrote:
esqtvd wrote:
we are discussing our future
as a Clippers community and as fans

so please get out of my face
you are not one of us

You aren't "discussing" anything. You are shouting down actual fans with the same tired excuses. Go find somewhere else to troll, your shtick has jumped the shark.

Let's move on guys, and let's cut out the policing of who is or is not a fan. We can disagree without making it a personal vendatta.

You let this little creep harass EVERY thread, EVERY post and EVERY poster with his ignorant hateful garbage. And it's going to keep happening. The good people stopped coming around. The failure is YOURS.

Moderation my ass. There's feces in the streets and you blame the decent people for complaining about it. Welcome to 2020.
Image Are We Having Fun Yet?
TheNewEra
RealGM

Post#380 » by TheNewEra » Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:27 pm

og15 wrote:
TheNewEra wrote:
Max Headrom wrote:

Beverley is a starting PG when paired next to a playmaking SG or SF who can essentially play PG. Neither Kawhi or George are that, we knew that, but we were hoping the lack of skills would be made up by system. The other option is a playmaking big man for everyone to play off of, the Clippers don't have that either (Noah, but too old).

On this team as currently built, Beverley is simply not your idea starter when the playoffs roll around. If Harden was the SG, then yes, or if LeBron was the SF, etc, but not with the wings on this team. They are both good secondary playamakers, but neither is a primary playmaker. Again, we knew this, but thought they could figure it out, they didn't.

They probably could of figured it out if we actually had a coaching system to fall back on. Let’s be honest a superior playmaker will only do so much when they have nothing to fall back on in a system. We had Chris Paul for years and we had numerous occasions of CP3 buckling down because we didn’t have anything to fall back on as a system. You are only going to go so far with a players coach and we even had scoring minds like Alvin Gentry to assist with this issue.

Not sure who we can get but I doubt Beverly accepts going to the bench unless the upgrade is Vastly superior. Even then it could lead to chemistry issues and we all know how well Doc Rivers handles chemistry from the Atlantic piece and Chris Haynes report.

Beverly likely starts next season and we get a playmaker backup it’s not like we will have a lot of cap

Return to Los Angeles Clippers