ImageImageImageImageImage

2019-20 Season: Draft, Trades, and FA Ideas Thread V2

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

Dalek
RealGM
And1: 9,135

Re: 2019-20 Season: Draft, Trades, and FA Ideas Thread V2 

Post#641 » by Dalek » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:56 pm

Raptors_128 wrote:Looks like the Bucks promised Giannis they’ll go out and get better players or players that fit better. Reports are saying that they don’t want to trade for CP3 now.

Do they have another way to improve? Who is even available for what they have to offer?

I know something will likely happen with the Bucks and it is just wrong. I actually think this whole bubble thing will blow up a lot of NBA teams and it makes no sense as the bubble created the illusion of normality when it wasn't. No home games, no time for real practice preparation, the height of BLM depression. This should be the start of training camp now not the playoffs.

I have no doubt Milwaukee would have had no trouble getting to the finals if the season had went as normal. I also think the Clippers would not have imploded if they actually didn't have so much disruption to start the Bubble. Now, you are getting some weird performances that are not characteristic of the teams and players.

Teams like the Bucks will panic and trade for CP3 and a deal like that is a cap killer and will drain them of their talented role players.
StopitLeo
RealGM
And1: 6,605

Post#642 » by StopitLeo » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:03 pm

HeadtopChunes wrote:
StopitLeo wrote:
Raptors_128 wrote:Looks like the Bucks promised Giannis they’ll go out and get better players or players that fit better. Reports are saying that they don’t want to trade for CP3 now.

Do they have another way to improve? Who is even available for what they have to offer?

Which reports? Can you share a source?

The Bucks need a real point guard so I don't see why they wouldn't want to trade for CP3, regardless of his contract.

Read on Twitter
?s=21

Thanks. I'll have to check The Athletic for the rest.

TBH, if I'm OKC I'd rather keep CP3 to mentor Shai than trade for anything the Bucks have to offer. Apparently CP3 and Shai have developed a really good relationship.
Psubs
RealGM
And1: 10,547

Post#643 » by Psubs » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:03 pm

John Wall, maybe just to call the town MilWALLkee. :lol:

Financials are similar to CP3. :-?

Bledsoe is on a decent contract and Utah isn't a FA destination. Mike Conley is expiring and frees up money to re-sign Giannis and another good player.

Milwaukee trades: Eric Bledsoe, Brook Lopez and Robin Lopez
Utah trades: Mike Conley Jr. and Tony Bradley (good C prospect)

Maybe Utah is then able to trade Gobert (expiring), whom french speaking area New Orleans should go after.
execoftheyear
Analyst
And1: 2,171

Post#644 » by execoftheyear » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:58 pm

Blacklash2k4 wrote:
Klaw22 wrote:
MisterHibachi wrote:
Raptors literally just need any elite isolation scorer to be title contenders again. And Harden showed this year he's willing to try on defense when he sets his mind to it. I think he would be a perfect addition. Hard to root for him but he's pretty good at basketball and the Raptors are strong where he's weak.

Harden is a underrated Defender. He's one of the best post Defender. Having Lowry and Harden would be the a abnormal backcourt..... Imagine the bootys all over the court. Sexiest backcourt in the league.

If Houston is willing to let go of their current roster to rebuild, there was a trade suggestion on a YouTube channel AM Hoops suggesting the following:

Rockets Receive: Kyle Lowry, OG, 2021 1st, 2023 1st & 2025 1st
Raptors Receive: Harden

Raptors will obtain a superstar in James Harden while maintaining cap space to entice Giannis to come to Toronto to win. We would have to replace Marc Gasol and Ibaka with min contracts, which might be possible given the chance to play with Harden and Siakam. Rockets get an amazing defensive player in OG (who they can extend) and 3 first round picks to build with. Rockets probably would trade Westbrook too if they're truly looking to demolish the roster and start over.

you know, I'm going to retrace my steps and say going after Harden would be a terrible plan if Giannis is the goal

I know they're likely joking around but usually there's some truth behind a joke. Giannis didn't even want to pick him in an all star game. A game that isn't even that serious.
baller16
Lead Assistant
And1: 10,547

Post#645 » by baller16 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:31 pm

Heard the Clippers might want Lowry. This is the only package we should consider lol

LoveMyRaps
RealGM
And1: 42,645

Post#646 » by LoveMyRaps » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:09 pm

With reports coming out that Pistons are looking to trade the 7th overall pick in this years draft...
This is the move to make for Masai.
In Masai We Trust :meditate:
HeadtopChunes
Head Coach
And1: 10,224

Post#647 » by HeadtopChunes » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:21 pm

LoveMyRaps wrote:Image

With reports coming out that Pistons are looking to trade the 7th overall pick in this years draft...

not possible cuz FA is after the draft lol
LoveMyRaps
RealGM
And1: 42,645

Post#648 » by LoveMyRaps » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:24 pm

HeadtopChunes wrote:

f*** totally slipped my mind. thanks for the heads up. deal would've made a ton of sense.
In Masai We Trust :meditate:
nabbs
RealGM
And1: 19,365

Post#649 » by nabbs » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:30 pm

I think we can assume Marc won't be back after that news around Euroleague reporters

2018 My Top Guys (no particular order): Doncic, JJJ, Zhaire Smith, Miles Bridges, Knox, Wendell, Bamba, Ayton, Sexton, Brown, Huerter, Okogie, Svi,
HeadtopChunes
Head Coach

Post#650 » by HeadtopChunes » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:35 pm

What are the best Norm trades you can come up with?

How about Norm to the Twolves for 17 and a future 2nd?
HeadtopChunes
Head Coach

Post#651 » by HeadtopChunes » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:37 pm

nabbs wrote:I think we can assume Marc won't be back after that news around Euroleague reporters

i think that's jumping the gun a bit, its just a rumor and he wasn't looking at big money anyway.

I think he either stays in Toronto or goes to Spain
fbalmeida
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,889

Post#652 » by fbalmeida » Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:16 pm

LoveMyRaps wrote:
HeadtopChunes wrote:

f*** totally slipped my mind. thanks for the heads up. deal would've made a ton of sense.

I typically stay out of this thread. Today I decided to stop by and boom. I immediately come face to face with the reason why I typically stay out of this thread.

The best two-way point-guard we'll ever have within the next decade for absolute garbage is being described as "making a ton of sense" and "the move to make for Masai".

Sure. Right. Carry on...

*unsubscribes again*
"The Raptors will be fine." - Masai Ujiri, March 26th, 2021
casual_raps_fan
Pro Prospect
And1: 616

Post#653 » by casual_raps_fan » Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:35 pm

HeadtopChunes wrote:What are the best Norm trades you can come up with?

At first, that doesn’t sound like a great deal but after thinking through it, it could actually be a sneaky good accelerated rebuild move.

-we would have 2 first round picks this year where we can grab our future pg with the 17th (I want maledon) and a front court player with the 29th (mcdaniels? Woodard?)
-we get extra cap space that can be used take on a contract in exchange for a future pick (im thinking Steven Adams who expires 2021 and can be an ok stop gap center)
-bring back Fred for 20 million
-let Thomas, td, mccaw, Watson, rookies fight over norms minutes

I think we’d still be competitive enough to be a second round playoff team AND we get way younger with an extra pick in our pocket.

Edit: ok I looked it up and Adams makes 27 million lol. Maybe that won’t work. That’s an insanely huge contract.
HeadtopChunes
Head Coach

Post#654 » by HeadtopChunes » Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:47 pm

casual_raps_fan wrote:

At first, that doesn’t sound like a great deal but after thinking through it, it could actually be a sneaky good accelerated rebuild move.

-we would have 2 first round picks this year where we can grab our future pg with the 17th (I want maledon) and a front court player with the 29th (mcdaniels? Woodard?)
-we get extra cap space that can be used take on a contract in exchange for a future pick (im thinking Steven Adams who expires 2021 and can be an ok stop gap center)

I think we’d still be competitive enough to be a second round playoff team AND we get way younger with an extra pick in our pocket.

Edit: ok I looked it up and Adams makes 27 million lol. Maybe that won’t work. That’s an insanely huge contract.

Maybe not Adams, but I’d be fine with someone like Cody Zeller though if we went that way, but in terms of maximizing 21 space, if we get 3 shots over the next 2 years to in the first to draft cheap contributors which I think is huge. Also helps restructure the team to go younger.
casual_raps_fan
Pro Prospect

Post#655 » by casual_raps_fan » Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:54 pm

HeadtopChunes wrote:
casual_raps_fan wrote:

Maybe not Adams, but I’d be fine with someone like Cody Zeller though if we went that way

Zeller’s contract looks far more manageable at 17 million. Not sure if the hornets would be willing to give up a first though. I’d be very interested if possible.

I was thinking the thunder since they have so many future draft picks.
HeadtopChunes
Head Coach

Post#656 » by HeadtopChunes » Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:56 pm

casual_raps_fan wrote:
HeadtopChunes wrote:
casual_raps_fan wrote:At first, that doesn’t sound like a great deal but after thinking through it, it could actually be a sneaky good accelerated rebuild move.

Maybe not Adams, but I’d be fine with someone like Cody Zeller though if we went that way

Zeller’s contract looks far more manageable at 17 million. Not sure if the hornets would be willing to give up a first though. I’d be very interested though if possible.

I'd take Zeller for free tbh, he's a decent baseline starting C who expires in 21, and fits our playstyle. Probably better than we can do in FA

Although if 1/17M is enough for Ibaka to stick around, might just go with that instead
mtcan
RealGM
And1: 20,313

Post#657 » by mtcan » Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:00 am

Interesting...on The Jump today...Uncle Perk said something about there being rumors of Kyle Lowry getting to go to Philly...
casual_raps_fan
Pro Prospect

Post#658 » by casual_raps_fan » Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:06 am

HeadtopChunes wrote:
casual_raps_fan wrote:
HeadtopChunes wrote:

Zeller’s contract looks far more manageable at 17 million. Not sure if the hornets would be willing to give up a first though. I’d be very interested though if possible.

I'd take Zeller for free tbh, he's a decent baseline starting C who expires in 21, and fits our playstyle. Probably better than we can do in FA

Although if 1/17M is enough for Ibaka to stick around, might just go with that instead

Didn’t consider that angle. Uhm... yeah if we can get Ibaka for the same contract, I’d take that for sure. I think he’s better and continuity is good.
casual_raps_fan
Pro Prospect

Post#659 » by casual_raps_fan » Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:11 am

mtcan wrote:Interesting...on The Jump today...Uncle Perk said something about there being rumors of Kyle Lowry getting to go to Philly...

It makes sense from a basketball perspective for the 76ers obviously (leadership, floor spacing, floor general). I’m sure Kyle would welcome it since it’s Philadelphia.

What would we get back? The only two assets I’m interested there is Simmons and Embiid.
WeThe2019Champs
Veteran
And1: 2,632

Post#660 » by WeThe2019Champs » Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:13 am

If Raptors really want Embiid here.

Ibaka and Gasol not coming back... Not sure how Siakam and Embiid would work together but here goes.

S&T FVV + filler for Embiid

or

Lowry for Embiid + picks. :cry:
No More Tanking!

Return to Toronto Raptors