The Lebron '20 Thread (Pt. 6)

Moderators: penbeast0, trex_8063, PaulieWal, Doctor MJ, Clyde Frazier

RCM88x
RealGM
And1: 18,963

Re: The Lebron '20 Thread (Pt. 6) 

Post#1621 » by RCM88x » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:15 pm

Yeah, Denver and Miami or Boston are gonna be much more difficult than Houston or Portland. I don't think it's really even close. Especially with the way Miami is playing, I think they're dangerous despite their talent level.

Who knows how this will play out.

LookToShoot wrote:Melo is the only player that makes the Rockets watchable for the basketball purists. Otherwise it would just be three point shots and pick n roll.
Heej
General Manager
And1: 8,409

Post#1622 » by Heej » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:17 pm

The first half of the Houston series was a great primer for the Lakers on an opponent that will never give up hope. Unfortunately the Lakers quashed it by Game 3. I think that Game is low key the crucial point in a series. That's where both teams can see if they have the answers for eachother.

Because in Jamaal Murray's interview he was saying that even after losing Game 3 they knew they basically had the Clippers figured out and they just gave it away. He kept alluding to that as the crucial point in the series where they knew they had them. Meanwhile the Rockets in Game 3 kinda felt like they got figured out to an extent by the Lakers. So it really depends if the Lakers can basically take their souls by the midway point of the series. It's happened in both Game 3s they've played so far.

I used to think Game 4 was the most compelling early game in a series because that's when the series is either tied up or wrapped up, but now I wonder if it's actually Game 3 that sets the tone for whether a team has the other one figured out or if both teams are in for a slugfest.
LeBron's NBA Cup MVP is more valuable than either of KD's Finals MVPs. This is the word of the Lord
Baski
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,950

Post#1623 » by Baski » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:40 pm

thebigbird wrote:I hope people appreciate how hard it is to make it to 8 straight finals a little more now. The usual people won’t, but they should. 8 straight years LeBron’s teams didn’t have any let downs leading up to the finals. They faced elimination game after elimination game. Down 3-2 in the 2018 ECF to the best defense in the NBA, he goes for 46/11/9 in game 6 and then plays all 48 minutes of game 7, going for 35/15/9. Game 7 against the pacers, he goes for 45/8/7/4.

Meanwhile, Kawhi and PG combine for 24/10/8 on 10-38 shooting and get blown out after blowing a 3-1 lead. Some players rise to the occasion, other players don’t.

Funniest thing is that if Lebron were still in the East tgey would've used the "favourites" going home as evidence of how brutal the West is.
Baski
Lead Assistant

Post#1624 » by Baski » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:55 pm

Dupp wrote:
Baski wrote:
Dupp wrote:So lebron really dodged a bummer with Paul George ....

Feels like things are finally aligning for lebron for the first time in a long time.... still got a long way to go but things looking good.

I dunno, I personally think Lebron and George wouldn't collapse like George and Kawhi/Westbrook. It goes unnoticed because of the Lebron ball narrative, but Lebron has this amoeba-like ability where he morphs to fill in gaps in the team's construction. When George is cold Lebron can just feed him easy shots all game long to give him enough confidence to push through. We saw him do that for Wade and Love multiple times.
Now depending on George in a your-turn-my-turn ISO system isn't really ideal, but Lebron using him as a straight up play finisher, and letting him go to work c when he's feeling it, probably never ends up with a 2/16 type performance in an elimination game like we'vecome to expect from Peepee.
Also, George always brings it on the defensive end, and has adequate handles/vision to develop a solid 2 man game with Lebron. There's just no way Lakers George looks this bad with Lebron.

I dunno I think Paul just doesn’t have it mentally. It’s gotten worse and worse and you could see today down the stretch his shots were just so far off. He might be better With lebron but I think him leaving Indy just to fail and fail and fail has really gotten inside his head.

Also think his defense hadn’t been anything special lately either.

Yeah exactly. He wouldn't fail and fail and fail with Lebron so none of that trauma would be affecting him now. Winning cures a lot. Lebron carried Love's carcass to the finals. Can't imagine it'd be that hard to do the same with George who can't be worse than 2018 prefinals Love.
Baski
Lead Assistant

Post#1625 » by Baski » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:57 pm

Look who I found

:lol: :lol: :lol: Just pathetic

EDIT:

:lol: :lol: :lol: Dude is relentless. Bubble asterisk :lol:
Was he banned from RealGM?
freethedevil
Head Coach
And1: 3,229

Post#1626 » by freethedevil » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:58 pm

homecourtloss wrote:
Dupp wrote:Kawhi wore down this post season, Warriors broke down this year. Lebron having all these deep playoff runs is really insane. Such a toll he’s taken that pretty much no other player can handle.

thebigbird wrote:I hope people appreciate how hard it is to make it to 8 straight finals a little more now. The usual people won’t, but they should. 8 straight years LeBron’s teams didn’t have any let downs leading up to the finals. They faced elimination game after elimination game. Down 3-2 in the 2018 ECF to the best defense in the NBA, he goes for 46/11/9 in game 6 and then plays all 48 minutes of game 7, going for 35/15/9. Game 7 against the pacers, he goes for 45/8/7/4.

Meanwhile, Kawhi and PG combine for 24/10/8 on 10-38 shooting and get blown out after blowing a 3-1 lead. Some players rise to the occasion, other players don’t.

ThE eAsT iS AwFuL

Remember 2018? After their early dominance, the Sixers were favored to come out of the east. They faltered. Raps were a 59 win, 7+ SRS team and were big favorites to best the Cavs but lost 4-0.

Way to cherrypick and ignore how the cavs were outscored by the **** pacers.

The eeast is vastly better now. Rpators srs wouldn't even be top 3 in the current east. Trying to act like the east is the same is a bad faith argument and you know it.
Dupp
RealGM
And1: 66,677

Post#1627 » by Dupp » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:59 pm

trex_8063 wrote:
Dupp wrote:
nzahir wrote:Are we rooting for Miami or Celtics to make the finals in case we make it?

Boston for me. My mates a Boston fan and massive lebron hater so would be a lovely f u to him.

This statement works only on the premise that the Lakers beating Boston [and Denver, for that matter] is a foregone conclusion. Maybe I'm just being superstitious, but I think people in this thread need to dial it back a notch [to something of a merely hopeful "let's see what happens" approach]. If things don't go your [royal "your"] way, there's going to be a lot of crow to eat.

I’m more worried about Miami as an opponent too so it works both ways. But yeah still a long way to go.
Dupp
RealGM
And1: 66,677

Post#1628 » by Dupp » Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:02 pm

Also if things go how I think it’s gonna be one nod Lebrons easier runs to the finals and the east opponent will be their toughest. Some great irony there with the whole wild Wild West.

Of course I’m probably totally overlooking Denver but we’ll see. Lakers matchup pretty well with then.
MisterHibachi
RealGM
And1: 19,073

Post#1629 » by MisterHibachi » Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:08 pm

Read on Twitter

Bron and AD on First Team All NBA
"He looked like Batman coming out of nowhere"
homecourtloss
RealGM
And1: 17,567

Post#1630 » by homecourtloss » Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:10 pm

freethedevil wrote:
homecourtloss wrote:
Dupp wrote:Kawhi wore down this post season, Warriors broke down this year. Lebron having all these deep playoff runs is really insane. Such a toll he’s taken that pretty much no other player can handle.

ThE eAsT iS AwFuL

Remember 2018? After their early dominance, the Sixers were favored to come out of the east. They faltered. Raps were a 59 win, 7+ SRS team and were big favorites to best the Cavs but lost 4-0.

Way to cherrypick and ignore how the cavs were outscored by the **** pacers.

The eeast is vastly better now. Rpators srs wouldn't even be top 3 in the current east. Trying to act like the east is the same is a bad faith argument and you know it.

:lol: Brother, why are you arguing something tangential and not the Cruz? The post is about the narrative of teams and players being exhausted after “runs,” and that same leniency is not afforded to LeBron. Teams that were “expected” to do things did not do them regardless of what level a conference was at. It is extremely difficult to continue to win over and over again even as a favorite.
lessthanjake wrote:Kyrie was extremely impactful without LeBron, and basically had zero impact whatsoever if LeBron was on the court.

lessthanjake wrote: By playing in a way that prevents Kyrie from getting much impact, LeBron ensures that controlling for Kyrie has limited effect…
Homer38
RealGM
And1: 11,685

Post#1631 » by Homer38 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:24 pm

Another record.

Read on Twitter
xb3at band1tx
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,670

Post#1632 » by xb3at band1tx » Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:59 pm

35 Years Old, first-team all-nba.

My goodness.

Happy for AD as well.
PaulieWal
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 16,140

Post#1633 » by PaulieWal » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:53 pm

Please note - it's encouraged to not bait users even if they are banned and post about their posts on another forum. In the past we have had issues with being brigaded from ISH, we are not looking to start some of forum war with another poster or have him/his friends register here to troll the forum(s).
JordansBulls wrote:The Warriors are basically a good college team until they meet a team with bigs in the NBA.
HeartBreakKid
RealGM
And1: 18,813

Post#1634 » by HeartBreakKid » Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:17 pm

had no idea hbk-kliq was banned. what happened?
D.Brasco
General Manager
And1: 9,179

Post#1635 » by D.Brasco » Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:49 pm

Homer38 wrote:Another record.

Read on Twitter

Crazy. I wonder if LeBron now has the argument for best longevity in NBA history? At least in terms of on-court dominance.

After year 15 both Timmy and KAJ while still very good accepted supporting roles.

LeBron was a top level MVP candidate this year.
xb3at band1tx
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,670

Post#1636 » by xb3at band1tx » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:07 pm

Anthony Davis this playoffs:

27.6 PPG
10.9 RPG
4.1 APG
1.1 SPG
1.5 BPG

58.6% FG
39.1% 3P
65.9 TS%
31.7 PER (1st)
+11 (1st) (1st)
Ws/48 3.13 (1st)
GSP
RealGM
And1: 14,504

Post#1637 » by GSP » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:11 pm

Dupp wrote:Also if things go how I think it’s gonna be one nod Lebrons easier runs to the finals and the east opponent will be their toughest. Some great irony there with the whole wild Wild West.

Of course I’m probably totally overlooking Denver but we’ll see. Lakers matchup pretty well with then.

That's an understatement. Lakers are literally the worst matchup in the league for them.

Caruso on Murray, Dwight/Ad on Jokic and Ad switching on Murray

Cranjis looks like he's feeling a sweep. And be picked Lakers in 5 both of the last 2 series IIRC
GSP
RealGM
And1: 14,504

Post#1638 » by GSP » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:21 pm

Heej wrote:This is gonna be a TOUGH series man. Lakers been living off trapping the last 2 series but the Nuggets are full of guys that can make you pay when there's a 4 on 3. Lakers are gonna have a lot of sequences where they get carved up running that lol. Almost wonder if they'll throw them a zone look or switch Jokic Murray PNR. But that means Jokic would draw an automatic double regardless. Very interested in seeing how this series goes. The stylistic matchup will be incredible

The book on stopping Portland has been out for a while in trapping since that Clippers series before Cp3 got hurt. In the regular season it was also true for Harden as Russ didn't know what to do in 4 on 3s all year and it caused a lot of bad stretches for them. Lakers are definitely not going to use the same strat. There's def gonna be a lot more zone and switching like the Rs matchups

Denver isn't gonna be a tough series for them. Sweep might even be on the table
JulesWinnfield
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,354

Post#1639 » by JulesWinnfield » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:32 pm

I don’t think Denver is ready at this point to beat the Lakers, especially given the physical and mental energy expended to get to this point. But they’re coming. I’ve long been high on their long term upside and with the impending emergence of Michael Porter Jr they have an expansive ceiling for a WCF team, especially given their general youth and the fact that they’ve done this without Barton

Depending on what Dallas can do with their roster, the Nuggets are likely poised to be the biggest threat to Lebrons Lakers out West during this act of his career. This is chapter 1 of what feels like something we are going to see again. The Clippers best shot may have been this season given their impending free agents and general lack of flexibility having no first round pick until 2027. Things could obviously change should Giannis find his way to Golden State, but Denver feels like the emerging top rival in conference
dcstanley
Sixth Man
And1: 1,281

Post#1640 » by dcstanley » Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:34 pm

I don't think the Lakers are gonna have any trouble guarding Murray. The Clippers did a pretty good job limiting him sans the last two games and the Lakers are far more disciplined. Caruso, KCP, and even DG are more equipped to guard someone like Murray than they are Harden. He's gonna be chased off the line and funneled into the paint all series.

Return to Player Comparisons