ImageImageImageImageImage

its time to talk Chris Paul

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

CharlesOakley
Veteran
And1: 2,486

Re: its time to talk Chris Paul 

Post#341 » by CharlesOakley » Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:23 pm

I like getting Chris Paul if we are the ones getting picks and dumping Randle. I'm not interested in giving picks or Frank or even Kevin until they have been evaluated properly.
DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 48,263

Post#342 » by DOT » Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:24 pm

If we trade a first for CP3, y'all are taking back everything about how we're different now

Cause that's the same old Knicks move.

Sent from my SM-G965U using RealGM mobile app
BaF Lakers:

Darius Garland/Cory Joseph
Klay Thompson/Shaedon Sharpe
Keldon Johnson/De'Andre Hunter
Evan Mobley/Tari Eason
Nic Claxton/Draymond Green

Bench: Leonard Miller, Jett Howard, Markquis Nowell, Kennedy Chandler, Day'Ron Sharpe
BowlRips
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,836

Post#343 » by BowlRips » Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:29 pm

Read on Twitter

THERE IS NO MARKET FOR CP3
LEON HOLD FIRM BABY YOU GOT THIS
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 50,266

Post#344 » by Deeeez Knicks » Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:35 pm

BowlRips wrote:
Read on Twitter

Hopefully he hangs up the phone and walks away from this one unless they throw us a ton of picks
Mavs
C: Timelord | Paul Reed | M Brown
PF: Sabonis | Lauri Markkanen
SF: Lebron | Lauri Markkanen
SG: DWhite | Lonnie Walker | Shake | Ty Jerome
PG: VanFleet | Tre Jones | Rose | Deuce
god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 126,924

Post#345 » by god shammgod » Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:41 pm

that amount of salary is just very hard to trade for. you gotta give up so many players to make it work.
Gravy
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,609

Post#346 » by Gravy » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:01 pm

DaT WaVeY RiCaN wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

Lmao frank and knox for a 36 year old pg. this typical knicksy moves

Interesting to see who the Knicks are trying to get rid of.
NYKnickerbocker
RealGM
And1: 13,519

Post#347 » by NYKnickerbocker » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:04 pm

Damn we can’t give them DSJ and Dotson or iggy instead lol. Keep frank and Knox
Hes_On_Fire
Head Coach
And1: 9,325

Post#348 » by Hes_On_Fire » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:14 pm

DaT WaVeY RiCaN wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

There is literally no point to this trade.

Also you know the Thunder will develop Frank into a useful player too.
New York Knicks franchise W-L record as of 9/2/22 since James L Dolan assumed full ownership (2001):

673-1,007
Garbagelo
Veteran
And1: 3,182

Post#349 » by Garbagelo » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:49 pm

DaT WaVeY RiCaN wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

doing these kind of moves is how you make Brooklyn Net fans
Oscirus
RealGM
And1: 9,267

Post#350 » by Oscirus » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:55 pm

DaT WaVeY RiCaN wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

Take out frank and that **** wouldnt bother me at all. Dont want to do the movie but its ultimately a nothing move
Jimmit79 wrote:At this point I want RJ to get paid
Esq-4
Veteran
And1: 318

Post#351 » by Esq-4 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:57 pm

Hes_On_Fire wrote:
DaT WaVeY RiCaN wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

There is literally no point to this trade.

Also you know the Thunder will develop Frank into a useful player too.

I'd be ok if it was DSJr not Frank. Rather not include Knox either though.

Overall, I think I've moved on from wanting Paul. It's basically a given we won't win a ring with him. There are other less expensive options for the culture change and leadership. That said, I don't know how good OKC is outside of him, Gallo, Adams and SGA. I'd like to think we have SGA equivalent in RJ, Adams equivalent in Mitch, and could use other resources for our Gallo (or find a way to sign Gallo). So we could have a shot at a playoff run for a couple years, which helps with the culture. Idk though...
Zenzibar
General Manager
And1: 8,375

Post#352 » by Zenzibar » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:58 pm

DaT WaVeY RiCaN wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

Rose on the phone.

@ that trade scenario...
Stop All Genocides
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,311

Post#353 » by thebuzzardman » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:51 pm

So, Portis and Payton are filler and could just about be cut, and the "trade" revolves around getting the Knicks last 2 #1 picks besides RJ, and then 2 2nd round picks

Crafty by Presti as he gets a year to try and buy Frank (in this regard if Knicks aren't high on Frank, they are accelerating his exit by a year) and get Knox controlled for 2 more years. And they get TWO #2 picks in a deep draft where there isn't the same salary commitment as there is with first rounders.

I'd tell Presti to f*ck off on the following:
Frank or Know - and honestly both
The 2021 2nd rounders

Again, if the 2021 draft is the wonderful, deep, double draft, then potentially useful players will fall, at least to the high 2nd Charlotte has. Granted, less likely for the 2nd rounder the Mavs have, which will be 54ish.

*edit*
Trade smells like BS. Why does OKC want two PG's back? What purpose does taking on the salary of Portis AND Payton fulfill when they can trade Paul into the Knicks cap space? Is there any reason the Knicks would want to pick up their option just for this purpose - some subtle cap magic I'm missing?
DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#354 » by DOT » Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:00 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:So, Portis and Payton are filler and could just about be cut, and the "trade" revolves around getting the Knicks last 2 #1 picks besides RJ, and then 2 2nd round picks

Crafty by Presti as he gets a year to try and buy Frank (in this regard if Knicks aren't high on Frank, they are accelerating his exit by a year) and get Knox controlled for 2 more years. And they get TWO #2 picks in a deep draft where there isn't the same salary commitment as there is with first rounders.

The 2021 2nd rounders

Again, if the 2021 draft is the wonderful, deep, double draft, then potentially useful players will fall, at least to the high 2nd Charlotte has. Granted, less likely for the 2nd rounder the Mavs have, which will be 54ish.

*edit*
Trade smells like BS. Why does OKC want two PG's back? What purpose does taking on the salary of Portis AND Payton fulfill when they can trade Paul into the Knicks cap space? Is there any reason the Knicks would want to pick up their option just for this purpose - some subtle cap magic I'm missing?

I believe the 2nd rounder from the Mavs was a typo, because we don't own their 2nd, we own their first

So it was probably their first he meant to say.
BaF Lakers:

Evan Mobley/Tari Eason

Bench: Leonard Miller, Jett Howard, Markquis Nowell, Kennedy Chandler, Day'Ron Sharpe
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,128

Post#355 » by moocow007 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:06 pm

BowlRips wrote:
Read on Twitter

I honestly never quite got the CP3 to the Bucks thing in the first place. And that's besides the Bucks being an overall cheap team or strong personalities. It just doesn't fit. The Bucks need either a bonafide superstar to pair with Giannis (which CP3 isn't right now) or they need a lot more talent in their bench (which CP3 wouldn't be right now either).

For the Sixers CP3 would make a lot more sense.

But yeah, I don't think the Knicks need to be giving much much of any real assets for anyone with giant contracts.
NoDopeOnSundays
RealGM
And1: 41,285

Post#356 » by NoDopeOnSundays » Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:07 pm

Still too early to give up Frank and Knox, especially since bringing in CP3 will take us out of the lottery next year.
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,128

Post#357 » by moocow007 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:12 pm

K-DOT wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:So, Portis and Payton are filler and could just about be cut, and the "trade" revolves around getting the Knicks last 2 #1 picks besides RJ, and then 2 2nd round picks

The 2021 2nd rounders

*edit*

I believe the 2nd rounder from the Mavs was a typo, because we don't own their 2nd, we own their first

The Knicks have two 2nd round picks in 2021. The Pistons (previously owned by the Clips in the Marcus Morris trade) and the Hornets (acquired by the Knicks in the Willy Hernangomez trade). They traded their own 2021 2nd round pick (to the Sixers to get the draft rights to, none other than, Willy Hernangomez back in 2015). So technically the Knicks do have multiple 2nd rounders to trade in 2021.
DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#358 » by DOT » Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:16 pm

moocow007 wrote:
K-DOT wrote:

The 2021 2nd rounders

*edit*

The Knicks have two 2nd round picks in 2021. The Pistons (previously owned by the Clips in the Marcus Morris trade) and the Hornets (acquired by the Knicks in the Willy Hernangomez trade). They traded their own 2021 2nd round pick (to the Sixers to get the draft rights to, none other than, Willy Hernangomez back in 2015). So technically the Knicks do have multiple 2nd rounders to trade in 2021.

He specifically said Dallas' 2nd which we don't own, so I'm assuming he meant Dallas' 1st. He could have meant Detroit's 2nd, but it's a mistake either way.
BaF Lakers:

Evan Mobley/Tari Eason

thebuzzardman
RealGM

Post#359 » by thebuzzardman » Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:25 pm

K-DOT wrote:

The 2021 2nd rounders

*edit*

Wow, the fantasy trade is even WORSE!
:-)
thebuzzardman
RealGM

Post#360 » by thebuzzardman » Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:28 pm

moocow007 wrote:
BowlRips wrote:
Read on Twitter

I honestly never quite got the CP3 to the Bucks thing in the first place. And that's besides the Bucks being an overall cheap team or strong personalities. It just doesn't fit. The Bucks need either a bonafide superstar to pair with Giannis (which CP3 isn't right now) or they need a lot more talent in their bench (which CP3 wouldn't be right now either).

For the Sixers CP3 would make a lot more sense.

But yeah, I don't think the Knicks need to be giving much much of any real assets for anyone with giant contracts.

IF the 76'ers have a cheap stretch 4, Harris for CP3 nearly straight up makes SOME sense, with OKC extracting picks from the 76'ers for the favor of taking on Tobias' contract

Return to New York Knicks