Chris Haynes: Doc Rivers will be back next year coaching the Clippers

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

Edrees
RealGM
And1: 11,135

Re: Chris Haynes: Doc Rivers will be back next year coaching the Clippers 

Post#41 » by Edrees » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:50 pm

I just remembered that Boston got an unprotected first round pick for trading Doc Rivers to the Clippers. When you think about that....
Jazz9
Analyst
And1: 6,488

Post#42 » by Jazz9 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:51 pm

Could you imagine Kawhi walking out next year?
Freighttrain
Analyst
And1: 7,080

Post#43 » by Freighttrain » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:52 pm

Raps in 4
RealGM
And1: 54,277

Post#44 » by Raps in 4 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:52 pm

Edrees wrote:I just remembered that Boston got an unprotected first round pick for trading Doc Rivers to the Clippers. When you think about that....

Not sure where he gets his reputation from. He was never a good coach.
ItsDanger
RealGM
And1: 21,891

Post#45 » by ItsDanger » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:53 pm

I expect much better from Ballmer.

Organization can be defined as an organized body of people with a particular purpose. Not random.
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,222

Post#46 » by Kilroy » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:56 pm

LOL... You can't make this up... I'm staying off the freeways in LA today... 'Bout to be some serious road rage.
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
MagicBagley18
RealGM
And1: 20,332

Post#47 » by MagicBagley18 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:57 pm

Edrees wrote:I just remembered that Boston got an unprotected first round pick for trading Doc Rivers to the Clippers. When you think about that....

How about he left because he wanted a better chance to compete and win and we’ve been to the conference finals 4x since he left and he’s never been there w multiple superstars
Edrees
RealGM

Post#48 » by Edrees » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:58 pm

MagicBagley18 wrote:

How about he left because he wanted a better chance to compete and win and we’ve been to the conference finals 4x since he left and he’s never been there w multiple superstars

I don't understand why you are taking this as an insult. It's a compliment. You guys upgraded your coach and got a freakin first rounder out of it. I was talking about how funny it is that you guys got so much value out of the fact that he demanded to leave.
og15
Forum Mod - Clippers
Forum Mod - Clippers
And1: 29,082

Post#49 » by og15 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:58 pm

Jazz9 wrote:Could you imagine Kawhi walking out next year?

If part of the reason Doc is being retained is because Kawhi wants to play for him, no, not imaginable at all.
og15
Forum Mod - Clippers
Forum Mod - Clippers

Post#50 » by og15 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:59 pm

MagicBagley18 wrote:

Your response is odd considering what was posted
Jedi32
Head Coach
And1: 6,282

Post#51 » by Jedi32 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:59 pm

iamworthy wrote:The players have to be held accountable as well though. 2 HOF players cannot play the way they did in the second half. Thats not on the coach to me. I dont think Doc is the biggest problem.

Exactly. Your two stars go a combined 10-38 , they let Murray drop 40 and everyone is looking at Doc. Game 7 falls 99% on the players imo. At that point it's about who can execute their game plan the best.
Raps in 4
RealGM
And1: 54,277

Post#52 » by Raps in 4 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:00 pm

RamonSessions7 wrote:Kawhi is really bad at GMing. ouch

Picked Doc over Nurse. Personally recruited PG. Dude is in way over his head.
MagicBagley18
RealGM

Post#53 » by MagicBagley18 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:02 pm

og15 wrote:
MagicBagley18 wrote:

It’s not a response, I was talking about the trade for doc rivers which he brought up and docs reasoning for leaving. Just commenting how ironic it was. I know your distraught right now over that epic choke job but it wasn’t a diss towards you so no need to feel triggered. I love your enthusiasm and effort tho.....

If only clips had some of that last night
MagicBagley18
RealGM

Post#54 » by MagicBagley18 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:04 pm

Edrees wrote:
MagicBagley18 wrote:

I don't understand why you are taking this as an insult. It's a compliment. You guys upgraded your coach and got a freakin first rounder out of it. I was talking about how funny it is that you guys got so much value out of the fact that he demanded to leave.

I’m not taking it as an insult at all...seriously if it came across like that then You took it the wrong way. I was merely pointing out how ironic it is. In no way was I offended or think it was an insult
NY 567
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,437

Post#55 » by NY 567 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:05 pm

Not gonna be any better for them. Lakers will still be there. I suspect Dallas will be a lot better and the Nuggets aren't going anywhere either.
Edrees
RealGM

Post#56 » by Edrees » Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:05 pm

MagicBagley18 wrote:
Edrees wrote:
MagicBagley18 wrote:

I’m not taking it as an insult at all...seriously if it came across like that then You took it the wrong way. I was merely pointing out how ironic it is. In no way was I offended or think it was an insult

Ah okay, my bad for the misunderstanding. It was a very ironic result.
MagicBagley18
RealGM

Post#57 » by MagicBagley18 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:06 pm

Edrees wrote:
MagicBagley18 wrote:
Edrees wrote:

Ah okay, my bad for the misunderstanding. It was a very ironic result.

No worries. I could have articulated myself better. The trade was great for us
RoyceDa59
RealGM
And1: 8,785

Post#58 » by RoyceDa59 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:07 pm

While I don’t agree with this move, I respect the swift decision from MGMT which means the players can now look at themselves and start to reflect on what they need to do to get better as a team.

The Clippers never put in the work this season but expected they’d be able to turn a switch lead by Kawhi at any minute. Fact is Kawhi came from two extremely well run, well oiled and well coached teams with years of chemistry already in place. With some luck he nailed two finals MVPs but expecting that to just magically happen with a brand new roster or players with no track record of success is a pipe dream. Clippers need to add an offensive coordinator coach, hit the gym all off season and come back ready to fight and improve from game 1 next season.

Will be interesting if they can use this as fuel to come back hungry and play with a chip on their shoulder. Less talk and more action.
Go Raps!!
og15
Forum Mod - Clippers
Forum Mod - Clippers

Post#59 » by og15 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:10 pm

MagicBagley18 wrote:
og15 wrote:
MagicBagley18 wrote:

It’s not a response, I was talking about the trade for doc rivers which he brought up and docs reasoning for leaving. Just commenting how ironic it was. I know your distraught right now over that epic choke job but it wasn’t a diss towards you so no need to feel triggered. I love your enthusiasm and effort tho.....

Since you quoted the poster and seemed to be countering them, it seemed odd b/c poster is saying that the Celtics got a draft pick to get rid of Doc AND improve their coaching situation. The post was saying that it is even more insult to injury that the Clippers gave up a pick to acquire Doc. The phrasing with the quote was confusing.

Not sure what the triggered stuff even means in this context or has to do with anything, lol. I'm triggered that Doc is not great??
MagicBagley18
RealGM

Post#60 » by MagicBagley18 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:12 pm

og15 wrote:
MagicBagley18 wrote:
og15 wrote:Your response is odd considering what was posted

Since you quoted the poster and seemed to be countering them, it seemed odd b/c poster is saying that the Celtics got a draft pick to get rid of Doc AND improve their coaching situation. The post was saying that it is even more insult to injury that the Clippers gave up a pick to acquire Doc. The phrasing with the quote was confusing.

Not sure what the triggered stuff even means in this context or has to do with anything, lol. I'm triggered that Doc is not great??

I’ve spoken to the poster and we both agreed that a) it was a misunderstanding and b) I could have articulated myself better (which I later did ) because I was agreeing with his assessment and saying it more in a how ironic kind of way.

So please, carry along.

Return to The General Board