Grats Denver fans.

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

FinnTheHuman
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,705

Re: Grats Denver fans. 

Post#141 » by FinnTheHuman » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:26 pm

tsirigoj wrote:
FinnTheHuman wrote:
tsirigoj wrote:
I appreciate the confidence. Given what the Nugs did to the Clippers, I would be riding that high as well.

The Clippers are not the Lakers. If Denver goes down 3-1 to the Lakers (who the hell is gonna guard AD? who the hell is gonna guard LeBron?) then it's night-night.

The same guys who guarded Kawhi will guard Lebron: Grant, Millsap, Craig. Millsap, Plumlee and Jokic will guard AD. Lakers are a really good team, but Lakers are by no means a mismatch for the Nuggets. The only mismatch for the Nuggets are elite pick n roll guards and elite 3 point shooting teams. Lakers are neither of those. Don't expect to win by being guarded poorly, because you're gonna be guarded well.

You are right about the Nugs needing to take a team approach in guarding LeBron. Guarding LeBron will be FAR more difficult than guarding Kawhi though. More weapons in his arsenal, and his ability to make average joes look like stars is a skill that Kawhi doesn't possess.

Also, you can't confidently say that you think Jokic CAN defend AD. Jokic CAN guard "2-left feet" Gobert and short Montrezl Harrell. AD is far more skilled, athletic, and quicker than any big on the Jazz and Clippers combined. Jokic will struggle.

I expect AD to have a MONSTER series.

If Jokic is guarding AD, then perhaps. But AD doesn't want to guard Jokic either, you want Dwight on him ideally, maybe McGee, like in the regular season. Long lanky guys don't work on Jokic unless they're as big and athletic as Gobert. We might see very little of Jokic/AD 1 on 1, we'll probably see a lot of Millsap on AD and McGee/Dwight on Jokic. Both Jokic and AD will have monster series if they're guarding each other.
BruttoNostra
Senior
And1: 1,160

Post#142 » by BruttoNostra » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:44 pm

Vita sine libertāte, nihil
EH15
General Manager
And1: 6,934

Post#143 » by EH15 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:32 pm

OP definitely deserves all of this. Possibly more.
BaffLer
Assistant Coach
And1: 9,348

Post#144 » by BaffLer » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:36 pm

Go Denver!

:rockon:
Spintown
Starter
And1: 2,667

Post#145 » by Spintown » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:41 pm

ClipsFanSince98 wrote:
BallerTalk wrote:
ClipsFanSince98 wrote:It's weird. I'm not even mad right now. I'm just numb.

Schadenfreude isn't really my thing but after all the subtle (and not so subtle) shots you've taken at my guys recently and over these last few seasons, I have to admit feeling a small...perhaps even smug sense of karmic satisfaction here.

:nod:

Oh well, cheers...and for the record I do appreciate your attempting to be a fair sport in this obvious moment of disappointment.

All good. I'm not saying I haven't talked trash man. I've had my moments with people (including you a couple times). I have no issue with you feeling good about the Clippers meltdown to try to bring me down a peg. In all fairness though I'm a pretty damn mercurial fan. I spent as much time this season bashing the Clippers about how weak they were mentally,[/b] not ready chemistry wise like Lakers and Bucks... as I did hyping them. Nobody remembers those moments though apparently :).

ClipsFanSince98 wrote:[b]As talented as the Lakers are, they are mentally soft. Not one dog on that team who sacrifices everything for the team with blood, sweat and tears. Bunch of Hollywood, high ego guys. That's the biggest edge the Clippers have. They are filled with junkyard dogs who will have the mental/toughness edge over just about everybody.
OkcSinceSGA
RealGM
And1: 29,487

Post#146 » by OkcSinceSGA » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:44 pm

Spintown wrote:
ClipsFanSince98 wrote:
BallerTalk wrote:

Schadenfreude isn't really my thing but after all the subtle (and not so subtle) shots you've taken at my guys recently and over these last few seasons, I have to admit feeling a small...perhaps even smug sense of karmic satisfaction here.

:nod:

Oh well, cheers...and for the record I do appreciate your attempting to be a fair sport in this obvious moment of disappointment.

All good. I'm not saying I haven't talked trash man. I've had my moments with people (including you a couple times). I have no issue with you feeling good about the Clippers meltdown to try to bring me down a peg. In all fairness though I'm a pretty damn mercurial fan. [b]I spent as much time this season bashing the Clippers about how weak they were mentally,[/b] not ready chemistry wise like Lakers and Bucks... as I did hyping them. Nobody remembers those moments though apparently :).

ClipsFanSince98 wrote:As talented as the Lakers are, they are mentally soft. Not one dog on that team who sacrifices everything for the team with blood, sweat and tears. Bunch of Hollywood, high ego guys. That's the biggest edge the Clippers have. They are filled with junkyard dogs who will have the mental/toughness edge over just about everybody.

I was wrong about my team. I've only said that 50x now. I thought they would be mentally strong and physical. I didn't expect them to be exposed like that. I also DID think we had an edge H2H pretty much up until this week. Also I did go off on them a lot of times this year for being unfocused and soft in various games they lost games they were up big or got blown out by bad teams. They started looking much better 2nd half of season.
“This kid reminds me of a 6-6 Chris Paul. He wants to win everything.”

Olin Simplis- SGA’s trainer.
Spintown
Starter

Post#147 » by Spintown » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:48 pm

ClipsFanSince98 wrote:
Spintown wrote:
ClipsFanSince98 wrote:
All good. I'm not saying I haven't talked trash man. I've had my moments with people (including you a couple times). I have no issue with you feeling good about the Clippers meltdown to try to bring me down a peg. In all fairness though I'm a pretty damn mercurial fan. [b]I spent as much time this season bashing the Clippers about how weak they were mentally,[/b] not ready chemistry wise like Lakers and Bucks... as I did hyping them. Nobody remembers those moments though apparently :).

ClipsFanSince98 wrote:As talented as the Lakers are, they are mentally soft. Not one dog on that team who sacrifices everything for the team with blood, sweat and tears. Bunch of Hollywood, high ego guys. That's the biggest edge the Clippers have. They are filled with junkyard dogs who will have the mental/toughness edge over just about everybody.

I was wrong about my team. I've only said that 50x now. I thought they would be mentally strong and physical. I didn't expect them to be exposed like that. I also DID think we had an edge H2H pretty much up until this week. Also I did go off on them a lot of times this year for being unfocused and soft in various games they lost games they were up big or got blown out by bad teams. They started looking much better 2nd half of season.

So you are basically a Liar. When did you ever say the Clippers were mentally weak?

you were bashing the lakers for being mentally weak and were saying how your team had the mental edge above everyone.
Mamba Mentality
RealGM
And1: 19,188

Post#148 » by Mamba Mentality » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:49 pm

Johnny Bball wrote:Clippers at least get to hang a division title banner right?

OkcSinceSGA
RealGM

Post#149 » by OkcSinceSGA » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:51 pm

Spintown wrote:
ClipsFanSince98 wrote:
Spintown wrote:

So you are basically a Liar. When did you ever say the Clippers were mentally weak?

you were bashing the lakers for being mentally weak and were saying how your team had the mental edge above everyone.

I'll dig up some threads for you when I'm at a computer. Won't be hard. Hell I've been going off on my team in both of these two playoff series lol.

OkcSinceSGA
RealGM

Post#150 » by OkcSinceSGA » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:52 pm

I really do think it would be wise for the handful of Lakers fans to stop trolling blatantly though. You made it to the WCF, congrats. Still got 2 more rounds. The mission isn't over yet. You could end up getting the same backlash on the forum the Clippers rightfully are getting if you lose to Denver or Miami/Boston.

This is a thread for the Nuggets. Not Clippers vs Lakers pettiness.

tsirigoj
Rookie
And1: 635

Post#151 » by tsirigoj » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:56 pm

FinnTheHuman wrote:
tsirigoj wrote:
FinnTheHuman wrote:
The same guys who guarded Kawhi will guard Lebron: Grant, Millsap, Craig. Millsap, Plumlee and Jokic will guard AD. Lakers are a really good team, but Lakers are by no means a mismatch for the Nuggets. The only mismatch for the Nuggets are elite pick n roll guards and elite 3 point shooting teams. Lakers are neither of those. Don't expect to win by being guarded poorly, because you're gonna be guarded well.

You are right about the Nugs needing to take a team approach in guarding LeBron. Guarding LeBron will be FAR more difficult than guarding Kawhi though. More weapons in his arsenal, and his ability to make average joes look like stars is a skill that Kawhi doesn't possess.

Also, you can't confidently say that you think Jokic CAN defend AD. Jokic CAN guard "2-left feet" Gobert and short Montrezl Harrell. AD is far more skilled, athletic, and quicker than any big on the Jazz and Clippers combined. Jokic will struggle.

If Jokic is guarding AD, then perhaps. But AD doesn't want to guard Jokic either, you want Dwight on him ideally, maybe McGee, like in the regular season. Long lanky guys don't work on Jokic unless they're as big and athletic as Gobert. We might see very little of Jokic/AD 1 on 1, we'll probably see a lot of Millsap on AD and McGee/Dwight on Jokic. Both Jokic and AD will have monster series if they're guarding each other.

Just a friendly reminder that AD was second in DPOY voting for a reason.
Jokic will struggle against Lakers. May have periods where he looks good, but in general, Jamal Murray has to SHOW UP for the Nuggets to stand any kind of chance.
Tracymcgoaty
RealGM
And1: 16,158

Post#152 » by Tracymcgoaty » Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:03 pm

I saw this dude come to Laker game threads and talk **** about our players and calling our team soft and etc..Well deserved crow is all i got to say really. Keep your head up you guys will be better next year.
Raul
“The other day I saw one of his games. He was running with the ball at a hundred per cent full speed, I don’t know how many touches he took, maybe five or six, but the ball was glued to his foot. It’s practically impossible.”
Spintown
Starter

Post#153 » by Spintown » Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:07 pm

ClipsFanSince98 wrote:I really do think it would be wise for the handful of Lakers fans to stop trolling blatantly though. You made it to the WCF, congrats. Still got 2 more rounds. The mission isn't over yet. You could end up getting the same backlash on the forum the Clippers rightfully are getting if you lose to Denver or Miami/Boston.

Nope you were talking mad ish the whole year time to pay up
FinnTheHuman
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,705

Post#154 » by FinnTheHuman » Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:12 pm

tsirigoj wrote:
FinnTheHuman wrote:
tsirigoj wrote:

Jokic will struggle against Lakers. May have periods where he looks good, but in general, Jamal Murray has to SHOW UP for the Nuggets to stand any kind of chance.

He was voted in as a full time PF who never guards centers. His forte is the ability to switch, his help defense, rim protection. His biggest defensive weakness is defending bigger centers because he's both weaker and injury-prone, and that's why he doesn't play center. I don't know why we have to exchange this many posts to get to this truth that you and I both know.
manchambo
Starter
And1: 836

Post#155 » by manchambo » Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:20 pm

tsirigoj wrote:
FinnTheHuman wrote:
tsirigoj wrote:

I don't see how you can possibly come to that conclusion based on Jokic's performance against Gobert. If you built someone in a lab to cover Jokic you would build Gobert.
bluemj32
Rookie
And1: 927

Post#156 » by bluemj32 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:23 pm

milkii wrote:I'm rooting for you Denver. No one wants to see Lebron getting another ring.
Plenty of people want to see him with another ring

Sent from my Pixel 3a using RealGM mobile app
OkcSinceSGA
RealGM

Post#157 » by OkcSinceSGA » Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:30 pm

Spintown wrote:
ClipsFanSince98 wrote:I really do think it would be wise for the handful of Lakers fans to stop trolling blatantly though. You made it to the WCF, congrats. Still got 2 more rounds. The mission isn't over yet. You could end up getting the same backlash on the forum the Clippers rightfully are getting if you lose to Denver or Miami/Boston.

Then PM me or make your own thread. Don't derail unrelated threads.

Spintown
Starter

Post#158 » by Spintown » Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:40 pm

ClipsFanSince98 wrote:
Spintown wrote:

You were derailing Laker threads left and right all year now you want to make amends?
HoustonCougars
Sophomore
And1: 195

Post#159 » by HoustonCougars » Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:44 pm

Clips fan provided good entertainment this year man. Had everyone triggered. Sorry about your team. Better luck next year.
OkcSinceSGA
RealGM

Post#160 » by OkcSinceSGA » Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:45 pm

Spintown wrote:
ClipsFanSince98 wrote:
Spintown wrote:

You were derailing Laker threads left and right all year now you want to make amends?

I make plenty of controversial threads and I get annoying or immature at times. I'm not denying I have my own moments of poor behavior. I do NOT go into other threads about other teams and randomly start railing on the Lakers though. I'm not in Heat vs Celtics threads ranting about the Lakers vs Clippers. That's dishonest. If I have an opinion about the Lakers I'm in a related thread (such as a Lakers thread as you said). That's not the same thing you're doing here. Go into the 20 Clippers threads in page 1 and rag on me or the Clippers there.

Return to The General Board