ECF: (3) Boston Celtics vs Miami HEAT (5) - Part 2 (2-0 Miami)

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

Series Prediction

Celtics in 6
24%
Celtics in 7
24%
Heat in 4
7%
Heat in 5
18%
Heat in 6
25%
Heat in 7
2%

Total votes: 135

Haddaway
Junior
And1: 650

Re: ECF: (3) Boston Celtics vs Miami HEAT (5) - Part 2 (1-0 Miami) 

Post#121 » by Haddaway » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:58 pm

KingDavid wrote:So, Celtics with the gentleman's sweep?

You've been the master of reverse jinxes all playoffs long.
phraoh wrote:Not sure why all the love for Heat...doubt they get past the first round...this is 2016 not 2006. .. I think Heat are either playing the Hawks or Celtics in the first round, a good chance without home court, and I doubt they beat either of those teams.
Paz
Analyst
And1: 3,862

Post#122 » by Paz » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:04 pm

CoP wrote:
Read on Twitter

I miss coach Bud. He would have said, "We are going to play how we play" and make no adjustments whatsoever. 28 coaches in the league could/should learn from this man.
Feed Your Head
RealGM
And1: 69,465

Post#123 » by Feed Your Head » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:08 pm

Spo is such a damn good coach, one of the two or three i’d switch Brad for.
CoP
Head Coach
And1: 9,289

Post#124 » by CoP » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:13 pm

MHeat0279 wrote:
CoP wrote:
MHeat0279 wrote:why would i be crying, we got the win even after that horrible call which sent the game to over time.

I don't know why you would be crying. Why were you? Reminder:
MHeat0279 wrote:That last foul called on the Heat to tie the game up, was a disgrace, that game should have been over in regulation.

Somebody has to bring you down from your team greatness cloud. Check the coments in this thread, everybody without green homer glasses saw such horrible call in favor of Boston.

:roll: OK dude. Glad you at least admitted to crying.
Haddaway
Junior

Post#125 » by Haddaway » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:21 pm

fbalmeida wrote:Yup.

The Bucks were a 3-8 team since March 6th and all of their advanced stats fell off a cliff from that point on.
The Heat were a 5th seed for reasons that remain valid.
Dragic, Nunn, Herro, and Robinson, are a set of defensive vulnerabilities that Spo won't be able to hide 48 minutes per game.

This won't even be close.

fbalmeida wrote:
Haddaway wrote:
fbalmeida wrote:The more I dive into the numbers the more I get the sense of a Celtics blowout and potential sweep.

Supposedly, the Celtics' defensive weakness is Kemba Walker. He happens to have a 104 defensive rating this post-season. That would make him tied for 3rd best on the Heat.

!

Well, you sure are going to be damned surprised this series then. I would bet a serious amount of money that the Heat don't lose in less than 6, I put the chance at perhaps 1 in 500, less than 7, 1 in 20.

You are seriously underestimating the Heat. I am sure you think that the Celtics would've swept the Bucks, while having just gone the distance against the Raptors! The evidence isn't there to back what you're saying.

These are of course calculated guesses on my part and differentials do tend to tighten in the playoffs. We'll find out soon enough. So far the Heat are resorting to zone-D to hide Dragic and stop Kemba's pnr but they are playing some piss poor zone D.

I'm sticking with Celtics in 5.

So you still confident with Celtics in 5? You're predicting a back door sweep? I think last night a lot of Heat doubters just got a serious wake up call. The Heat have played their best defense, offense and overall game in the 4th quarter. They've consistently made clutch shots, made clutch blocks, and had clutch defense.

I think you and many other people were underestimating how clutch the Heat have been all season, and while that isn't always the easiest quantifiable thing, it's easily seen night in and out with the Heat. They were losing and behind in 95%+ of that game, but in the few possessions they needed to get ahead, they made the shots they needed, and got the block they needed to win.

That's the kind of stuff that is the difference between a good and great team, Heat are a good team, but when they start doing the stuff they did last night consistently, which they've been doing more and more consistently this season as time has gone on, they are making the transition to a great team.

This isn't about super stars lifting their team like with most great NBA teams, we're seeing one of the few examples in NBA history of a bunch of good players coming together to make a great team.

We're seriously seeing history in the making right now.
phraoh wrote:Not sure why all the love for Heat...doubt they get past the first round...this is 2016 not 2006. .. I think Heat are either playing the Hawks or Celtics in the first round, a good chance without home court, and I doubt they beat either of those teams.
aporel18
Senior
And1: 282

Post#126 » by aporel18 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:23 pm

It's really cute to watch the chestbumping by some of the Heat fans... You should really enjoy it, Bam made a huge play and got the game for them. Good game and congratulations for that big win.

That said, the Heat played an almost perfect game with Dragic and Crowder playing out of their minds, and while Robinson couldn't play a lot due to foul trouble, that was a blessing in disguise for them as Herro was great.

It's really about the Celtics focusing on the game on both sides, and Brad adjusting rotations against a very good team, albeit beatable. They remind me of that 2008 team that went to 7 games against the Hawks, Cavs and then to 6 games against a very good Detroit team.

Celtics in 6.
Enso
Head Coach
And1: 23,396

Post#127 » by Enso » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:28 pm

aporel18 wrote:It's really cute to watch the chestbumping by some of the Heat fans... You should really enjoy it, Bam made a huge play and got the game for them. Good game and congratulations for that big win.

That said, the Heat played an almost perfect game with Dragic and Crowder playing out of their minds, and while Robinson couldn't play a lot due to foul trouble, that was a blessing in disguise for them as Herro was great.

It's really about the Celtics focusing on the game on both sides, and Brad adjusting rotations against a very good team, albeit beatable. They remind me of that 2008 team that went to 7 games against the Hawks, Cavs and then to 6 games against a very good Detroit team.

Celtics in 6.

I don't think you watched the game if you think Miami had an almost perfect game lol.
Haddaway
Junior

Post#128 » by Haddaway » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:30 pm

This has been my series prediction from the very beginning since the Celtics beat the Raptors in game 7.

Game 1: Heat win
Game 2: Heat win
Game 3: Celtics win
,Game 4: Celtics win
Game 5: Heat win
Game 6: Heat win

Heat in 6,
MagicBagley18
RealGM
And1: 20,332

Post#129 » by MagicBagley18 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:35 pm

Mujakki wrote:
MagicBagley18 wrote:
Vlade Divac wrote:Boston needs way more from Brown and especially Kemba. They are lucky that they have excellent contribution from their bench, like they had in whole series with Toronto which is for me totally unexpected. Tatum is playing great and is also on a lucky hot shooting streak in last 5-6 games - some of his shot making is against the law of physics, but it is what it is.

Tatum was 10-24 last night and 0-7 down the stretch. he can be a a lot better particularly if he doesn’t settle down the end of the game. He’s master that side step, one dribble pull up 3 that’s what he does

That's 42% shooting which is actually higher than he averaged against Toronto last series.

42% shooting is a hot stretch?
Paz
Analyst

Post#130 » by Paz » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:45 pm

aporel18 wrote:It's really cute to watch the chestbumping by some of the Heat fans... You should really enjoy it, Bam made a huge play and got the game for them. Good game and congratulations for that big win.

Celtics in 6.

The HEAT were far from perfect last night. Please tell Brad that the HEAT isn't any better than those teams you had mentioned and keep on with the same level of play. I'd greatly appreciate it. We haven't been to the Finals 6 years and we're feeling the itch.
Paz
Analyst

Post#131 » by Paz » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:49 pm

Haddaway wrote:This has been my series prediction from the very beginning since the Celtics beat the Raptors in game 7.

Game 1: Heat win
Game 2: Heat win
Game 3: Celtics win
,Game 4: Celtics win
Game 5: Heat win
Game 6: Heat win

Heat in 6,

Call Haddaway now for your free reading!

gom
Heat forum: Expert Predictor
And1: 42,433

Post#132 » by gom » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:49 pm

I'm happy Miami got the win and satisfied with the clutch play towards the end of the game, however if Miami had played better throughout regulation it would not have been so close. Nunn & Robinson especially need to step up their game. Nunn had a few defensive plays but he is much too shy about driving or shooting.Robinson was in foul trouble the entire game and had no shooting rhythm. Iggy & Olynyk also disappointed me. Jones needs to be 100% aware and make his minutes count. Bam before that block was also not great, meaning Crowder, Butler, and Dragić had to carry most of the load.

And, yes, Game 2 is essential. Gotta keep the green on the mat.
I remember 11-30 with these guys. ^
The Corey's
RealGM
And1: 6,540

Post#133 » by The Corey's » Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:08 pm

Mujakki wrote:
The Corey's wrote:
dean456 wrote:
Miami Crowder ain't Boston Crowder my man. Get used to seeing 3-5 threes from him a game in this series.

You think he didnt jack 5 to 7 a game here?

He can take those all game. Live with the results.

If that's your strategy then good luck in the offseason.

Since the trade to Miami he set an NBA record for highest 3pt % bump going from one team to another. Shot 44.5% from 3 the 20 games in the regular season and is 42% in 10 games in the playoffs. 30 games isn't a hot streak. Your coach might want to consider guarding him.

Boston isnt losing this series, certainly not because of Crowder. Leave it at that.
Vlade Divac
Head Coach
And1: 7,602

Post#134 » by Vlade Divac » Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:11 pm

Celtics in 6.

If you watched games vs Bucks you would realize that both Dragic and Crowder played even better (not that they were bad last night) and that Herro was as great as he was vs Celtics. Butler also played better for longer periods of fourth quarters than vs Celtics.
MagicBagley18
RealGM

Post#135 » by MagicBagley18 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:15 pm

Paz wrote:
CoP wrote:
Read on Twitter

I miss coach Bud. He would have said, "We are going to play how we play" and make no adjustments whatsoever. 28 coaches in the league could/should learn from this man.

“Do same but better”
Mujakki
Freshman
And1: 96

Post#136 » by Mujakki » Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:19 pm

Celtics in 6.

Someone apparently hasn't watched a single Heat game this entire postseason outside of last night...
Mujakki
Freshman
And1: 96

Post#137 » by Mujakki » Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:21 pm

MagicBagley18 wrote:
Mujakki wrote:
MagicBagley18 wrote:
Tatum was 10-24 last night and 0-7 down the stretch. he can be a a lot better particularly if he doesn’t settle down the end of the game. He’s master that side step, one dribble pull up 3 that’s what he does

That's 42% shooting which is actually higher than he averaged against Toronto last series.

Huh? You're saying Tatum can play a lot better and I'm just mentioning that in the last 8 playoff games that's precisely what Tatum has been.
jdm_dc_fan
Senior
And1: 388

Post#138 » by jdm_dc_fan » Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:25 pm

For you heat fans information; rational Boston fans don’t think it’s going to be a 5 game series Boston. Most are on the border of 6-7 and leaning on 7.

My guess

Heat > Boston
Heat < Boston
Heat < Boston
Heat > Boston
Heat < Boston

Game 6 being close to 50:50 but if it goes 7 I say Boston.
MagicBagley18
RealGM

Post#139 » by MagicBagley18 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:27 pm

Mujakki wrote:
MagicBagley18 wrote:
Mujakki wrote:That's 42% shooting which is actually higher than he averaged against Toronto last series.

Huh? You're saying Tatum can play a lot better and I'm just mentioning that in the last 8 playoff games that's precisely what Tatum has been.

The poster before said tatum was on a hot streak and hit unreal shots. I said he’s shot bad but part of his game is hitting some unreal shots. I said he shot terribly in response to that poster saying he’s on a hot streak.

You come in and say he shot 42%....that’s terrible even if it was worse before. That’s not a hot streak at all, if anything u helped me make my point.
jfs1000d
RealGM
And1: 13,963

Post#140 » by jfs1000d » Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:29 pm

Celts gotta be better. Got lazy in transition and absolutely just stiff around on I. Boston has to play A hard on offense as they do on defense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to The General Board