Chris Haynes: Doc Rivers will be back next year coaching the Clippers

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

Dupp
RealGM
And1: 66,676

Re: Chris Haynes: Doc Rivers will be back next year coaching the Clippers 

Post#61 » by Dupp » Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:15 pm

Kahwi is the new LeGM
Klayforspicy
Head Coach
And1: 7,248

Post#62 » by Klayforspicy » Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:20 pm

he needs really good assistant coaches for the x and os, because the positioning and system is just iso iso
kombayn
Assistant Coach
And1: 746

Post#63 » by kombayn » Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:21 pm

Smh. I get the feeling everyone is coming back with no real adjustments. I think Pat Beverly and Lou Williams will be on the block though. I would also get a sign-and-trade for Trez made. Do your best to reload draft picks for a few years. I still don't know why the Clippers took those contracts deals too, they could end up completely gutted. Though with the New Arena and ideally a total rebrand, the team will be extremely attractive.
Johnny Fontane
Head Coach
And1: 11,635

Post#64 » by Johnny Fontane » Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:23 pm

They're doing themselves a major disservice but it is 2020 so not surprised
Son Goku 25
RealGM
And1: 40,591

Post#65 » by Son Goku 25 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:25 pm

WestGOAT wrote:I wonder what Stephen A. Smith has to say on why a competent coach like David Blatt gets canned while Doc Rivers keeps his job while performing much worse..

I mean, David never got another coaching job in the NBA, if he's so good why don't other teams give him a try? Not saying Doc deserves it over him or any other potential coach, just curious.
Read
Son Goku 25
RealGM
And1: 40,591

Post#66 » by Son Goku 25 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:28 pm

I guess MJ and Kawhi do have something else in common
Read
limbo
Veteran
And1: 2,677

Post#67 » by limbo » Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:30 pm

ClipsFan98. Come support the Mavs, mate. Don't do this to yourself. I have a seat for you at the back of the bandwagon.
OkcSinceSGA
RealGM
And1: 29,487

Post#68 » by OkcSinceSGA » Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:31 pm

limbo wrote:ClipsFan98. Come support the Mavs, mate. Don't do this to yourself. I have a seat for you at the back of the bandwagon.

I'm moving to McKinney or Plano next summer. I legit may do it. It's quite tempting. Luka is my favorite player already and I've been riding with KP since he was drafted.
ā€œThis kid reminds me of a 6-6 Chris Paul. He wants to win everything.ā€

Olin Simplis- SGAā€™s trainer.
slickrickstyles
Rookie
And1: 397

Post#69 » by slickrickstyles » Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:40 pm

ClipsFanSince98 wrote:
iamworthy wrote:The players have to be held accountable as well though. 2 HOF players cannot play the way they did in the second half. Thats not on the coach to me. I dont think Doc is the biggest problem.

PG is a mental cancer. To hear him flip flop so much is disgusting. Now I know why Lakers fans called him out so much for being a frontrunner and fraud. In June "We came here expecting to win championships immediately". In September "We don't see it as championship or bust". Could you imagine Jordan, Kobe, Duncan, Magic, Bird etc ever uttering those words!? Like do you think title windows are forever? The Warriors will be back in the mix this year too ffs! This was THE best chance.

If you're a winner EVERY **** year is championship or bust! No exceptions!

People are finally starting to see why Pacers' fans were so frustrated with PG and why we have always maintained that he is not a #1 option.
Once they have that golden shining moment and it comes to them in a dream or whatever and they understand that, that's when this team and this franchise will go to another level from where it was when I was here.

- Reggie Miller
og15
Forum Mod - Clippers
Forum Mod - Clippers
And1: 29,060

Post#70 » by og15 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:44 pm

MagicBagley18 wrote:
og15 wrote:
MagicBagley18 wrote:
Itā€™s not a response, I was talking about the trade for doc rivers which he brought up and docs reasoning for leaving. Just commenting how ironic it was. I know your distraught right now over that epic choke job but it wasnā€™t a diss towards you so no need to feel triggered. I love your enthusiasm and effort tho.....

If only clips had some of that last night
Since you quoted the poster and seemed to be countering them, it seemed odd b/c poster is saying that the Celtics got a draft pick to get rid of Doc AND improve their coaching situation. The post was saying that it is even more insult to injury that the Clippers gave up a pick to acquire Doc. The phrasing with the quote was confusing.

Not sure what the triggered stuff even means in this context or has to do with anything, lol. I'm triggered that Doc is not great??

Iā€™ve spoken to the poster and we both agreed that a) it was a misunderstanding and b) I could have articulated myself better (which I later did ) because I was agreeing with his assessment and saying it more in a how ironic kind of way.

So please, carry along.

Yea, look at the time stamps, I was posting as you responded. I saw the clarification after the fact, but yes, it was ironic.
The Laker Kid
General Manager
And1: 6,491

Post#71 » by The Laker Kid » Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:59 pm

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
MaxwellSmart wrote:I hate to say this, but Go Lakers....
Heej
General Manager
And1: 8,603

Post#72 » by Heej » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:00 pm

ClipsFanSince98 wrote:
limbo wrote:ClipsFan98. Come support the Mavs, mate. Don't do this to yourself. I have a seat for you at the back of the bandwagon.

I'm moving to McKinney or Plano next summer. I legit may do it. It's quite tempting. Luka is my favorite player already and I've been riding with KP since he was drafted.

Dude if you're moving to Texas just do it lol. It's gonna be so worth it man.
LeBron's NBA Cup MVP is more valuable than either of KD's Finals MVPs. This is the word of the Lord
Jedi32
Head Coach
And1: 6,282

Post#73 » by Jedi32 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:07 pm

WestGOAT wrote:I wonder what Stephen A. Smith has to say on why a competent coach like David Blatt gets canned while Doc Rivers keeps his job while performing much worse..

Doc has a ring and two finals appearances under his belt. The real question is how does dantoni continue to get jobs?
SoulJah
Rookie
And1: 509

Post#74 » by SoulJah » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:07 pm

iamworthy wrote:The players have to be held accountable as well though. 2 HOF players cannot play the way they did in the second half. Thats not on the coach to me. I dont think Doc is the biggest problem.

How is Paul George HOF? The guy literally had two superstar years in Indiana and rest has been disappointments.
Raps in 4
RealGM
And1: 54,273

Post#75 » by Raps in 4 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:08 pm

Jedi32 wrote:

Doc has a ring and two finals appearances under his belt. The real question is how does dantoni continue to get jobs?

D'Antoni is a much better coach than Doc.

The only reason Doc has that ring is that he was fortunate enough to coach a super team.
10DayContract
Starter
And1: 2,281

Post#76 » by 10DayContract » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:10 pm

Who out there is better, available, and the players want him? I'll wait.
Jedi32
Head Coach

Post#77 » by Jedi32 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:11 pm

Raps in 4 wrote:
Jedi32 wrote:

The only reason Doc has that ring is that he was fortunate enough to coach a super team.

No he isn't. Also that 08' Celtics team had alot of pressure and they came thru. Doc then coached them back in 2010. Dantoni hasn't come close to that.
Raps in 4
RealGM
And1: 54,273

Post#78 » by Raps in 4 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:13 pm

Jedi32 wrote:
Raps in 4 wrote:
Jedi32 wrote:Doc has a ring and two finals appearances under his belt. The real question is how does dantoni continue to get jobs?

No he isn't. Also that 08' Celtics team had alot of pressure and they came thru. Doc then coached them back in 2010. Dantoni hasn't come close to that.

They had 3 veteran all-stars and were playing during a transitional era without any other super teams to get in their way. Anyone would have won with that roster.
Jedi32
Head Coach

Post#79 » by Jedi32 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:15 pm

Every one blaming Doc ,but how many players left Doc and went on to win somewhere else? Doc isn't holding these guys back. You had players asking to be pulled from a game 7. That's on the players not Doc. His top two players went 10-38 That's on them not Doc. Heck if you're not scoring well then one of them should have taken on the challenge of trying to contain Murray. How do you not score well and not play defense?
Jedi32
Head Coach

Post#80 » by Jedi32 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:16 pm

Raps in 4 wrote:
Jedi32 wrote:
Raps in 4 wrote:

They had 3 veteran all-stars and were playing during a transitional era without any other super teams to get in their way. Anyone would have won with that roster.

You have no proof that Dantoni would have won. Doc did win and that's the difference.

Return to The General Board