Chris Haynes: Doc Rivers will be back next year coaching the Clippers

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

Jabroni Lames
Analyst
And1: 3,886

Re: Chris Haynes: Doc Rivers will be back next year coaching the Clippers 

Post#81 » by Jabroni Lames » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:17 pm

ClipsFanSince98 wrote:Kawhi is a much worse GM than Lebron apparently. This is going to be brutal. Likely means Kawhi's last prime years wasted in the Clippers curse.

Read on Twitter

Kawhi me a Rivers.

ClipsFan... I feel you, bro. You rep hard for your team. You and other Clippers long-time fans (all 3 of them) deserve much better. You actually saw it coming. Sad.
SoulJah
Rookie
And1: 509

Post#82 » by SoulJah » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:17 pm

SK21209 wrote:
Clemenza wrote:This goes deeper than game 7.. Doc refuses to make adjustments. Game 5 and 6 was the series. He still trotted Trez out there on Jokic. Lou couldn't make a bucket. Might as well went to Reggie at that point. No JJ Redick plays ran for Shamet like we did last season. Pat Patterson glued to the bench. What in the hell did we sign Noah for? No adjustments, just favorites year in and year out. Hell we thought he was done after the 3-1 choke against Houston four years ago.

This. What makes it even worse is that he admitted afterwards that "some players," which absolutely included Lou and Harrell, were in such poor shape that they had to ask out of the game. How can you possibly be trotting out these two guys in crucial playoff minutes when you know they're not in shape and that all the numbers say they're hurting you.

how are you not in good shape when you're paid millions to do that? May be spending more time in the gym than a strip club would've helped.
The High Cyde
Head Coach
And1: 12,314

Post#83 » by The High Cyde » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:18 pm

This is so disappointing. I imagine he fails next year then he’s gone for sure.
OkcSinceSGA
RealGM
And1: 29,487

Post#84 » by OkcSinceSGA » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:20 pm

Heej wrote:
ClipsFanSince98 wrote:
limbo wrote:ClipsFan98. Come support the Mavs, mate. Don't do this to yourself. I have a seat for you at the back of the bandwagon.

I'm moving to McKinney or Plano next summer. I legit may do it. It's quite tempting. Luka is my favorite player already and I've been riding with KP since he was drafted.

Dude if you're moving to Texas just do it lol. It's gonna be so worth it man.

It's seriously a consideration. If it happens I'll ask Howard to change my name to Mavsfansince2020
“This kid reminds me of a 6-6 Chris Paul. He wants to win everything.”

Olin Simplis- SGA’s trainer.
GuyverX
Head Coach
And1: 4,159

Post#85 » by GuyverX » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:23 pm

The High Cyde wrote:This is so disappointing. I imagine he fails next year then he’s gone for sure.

If he isn't then Ballmer has no idea what he's doing and Doc is getting by only because he was a good advisor for Ballmer when he bought the team. I don't know of any other coach that has underachieved with more assets at his disposal than Doc. If you lose up 3-1 in the west semis once that is probably already grounds for dismissal. Twice? And we know it's not the talent or the roster. He's a terrible coach when it comes to X's and O's. The 4th quarter yesterday was a coaching abomination.
Heej
General Manager
And1: 8,603

Post#86 » by Heej » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:23 pm

ClipsFanSince98 wrote:
Heej wrote:
ClipsFanSince98 wrote:
I'm moving to McKinney or Plano next summer. I legit may do it. It's quite tempting. Luka is my favorite player already and I've been riding with KP since he was drafted.

It's seriously a consideration. If it happens I'll ask Howard to change my name to Mavsfansince2020

:rofl: I was gonna say you could just get the name change. Once LeBron retires I'm going full Luka too. Should be a fun ride
LeBron's NBA Cup MVP is more valuable than either of KD's Finals MVPs. This is the word of the Lord
LAKESHOW
RealGM
And1: 4,185

Post#87 » by LAKESHOW » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:25 pm

Next year, the clippers will not be better than Boston, Miami or the nuggets. And that's not even looking for the unknowns such as KD and the nets. Just mentioning the knowns of this year. DOC needs to be held fully responsible
Home of the 17 Time World Champions
r0drig0lac
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,268

Re: Chris Haynes: Doc Rivers estará de volta no próximo ano treinando os Clippers 

Post#88 » by r0drig0lac » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:37 pm

what a joke
uscClipsfan
Freshman
And1: 109

Post#89 » by uscClipsfan » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:37 pm

OMG and I was saying that the silver lining, the only solace, to going out in such a weak manner would be that Doc is finally gone. Dude doesn't deserve any more chances. We need a new look and the west is going to continue to get stronger, while Clips will continue to roll out the same lack of an offensive scheme, lack of plays and hero ball. This is the definition of wack and insanity combined.
nbhadja
Sixth Man
And1: 1,148

Post#90 » by nbhadja » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:38 pm

Raps in 4 wrote:
Jedi32 wrote:
WestGOAT wrote:I wonder what Stephen A. Smith has to say on why a competent coach like David Blatt gets canned while Doc Rivers keeps his job while performing much worse..

Doc has a ring and two finals appearances under his belt. The real question is how does dantoni continue to get jobs?

D'Antoni is a much better coach than Doc.

The only reason Doc has that ring is that he was fortunate enough to coach a super team.

Yep and he underachieved with just 1 ring and for that ring his super team got pushed to 7 in the first round by mediocre Atlanta and also by Lebron and the one man Cavs. They won the title despite Doc. 2008 Boston actually played the most playoff games in NBA history. Doc sucks. I am glad that people are finally starting to see it.
Pharmcat
RealGM
And1: 19,005

Post#91 » by Pharmcat » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:40 pm

ClipsFanSince98 wrote:
Heej wrote:
ClipsFanSince98 wrote:

What's so good about texas ? (Serious question)

The tornadoes scare me :lol:
nbhadja
Sixth Man
And1: 1,148

Post#92 » by nbhadja » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:41 pm

Jedi32 wrote:
Raps in 4 wrote:
Jedi32 wrote:No he isn't. Also that 08' Celtics team had alot of pressure and they came thru. Doc then coached them back in 2010. Dantoni hasn't come close to that.

They had 3 veteran all-stars and were playing during a transitional era without any other super teams to get in their way. Anyone would have won with that roster.

You have no proof that Dantoni would have won. Doc did win and that's the difference.

Larry Coker won a national title at Miami. Winning a title as a coach doesn't automatically mean that you are good. Doc and Larry Coker both suck. There is no way that 08 Boston squad should have gotten pushed to 7 games in the first round by Atlanta and pushed to 7 in the 2nd round by Cleveland. That's such garbage coaching.
Kmartshopper
Sophomore
And1: 109

Post#93 » by Kmartshopper » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:51 pm

Good! It was a good season. Keep grinding.
kamaze
General Manager
And1: 1,315

Post#94 » by kamaze » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:54 pm

If Scott Brooks and Mike Budenholzer get to keep their jobs so does Doc.
I got the burner-Kevin Durant

Cream rises to the top-Nic Claxton
Johnny Bball
RealGM
And1: 48,653

Post#95 » by Johnny Bball » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:57 pm

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2020/9/16/21439315/los-angeles-clippers-game-7-kawhi-leonard

But now Rivers has been the head coach of three teams that have blown a 3-1 lead. Yes, you read that right: three blown 3-1 leads. There have been only 13 of those in NBA history. He’s also coached three teams that have blown 3-2 leads. The losses are as follows:

2003 Round 1, Magic blow a 3-1 lead to Pistons
2009 Round 2, Celtics blow a 3-2 lead to Magic
2010 NBA Finals, Celtics blow a 3-2 lead to Lakers
2012 East finals, Celtics blow a 3-2 lead to Heat
2015 Round 2, Clippers blow a 3-1 lead to Rockets
2020 Round 2, Clippers blow a 3-1 lead to Nuggets

Blowing leads is a trend for Rivers, and that’s often due to a lack of adjustments. Why wouldn’t Williams’s minutes dwindle when he couldn’t stop anyone? How long are you going to stick with Harrell when he looks lost in the pick-and-roll? Why continue to double Nikola Jokic as the Nuggets pick them apart time and time again? He could’ve put Kawhi on Jokic sooner. He could’ve tried Green or Morris at center with perimeter-oriented lineups and played small ball, just like we’ve seen virtually every other team in the semifinals do at some point. He could’ve made a tough call. But Doc’s inaction led to a blown series lead. For the sixth time.

Can't say I'm unhappy with their decision... makes me smile.
jc23
RealGM
And1: 10,778

Post#96 » by jc23 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:58 pm

Doc Rivers privilege.
Be curious, Not judgmental
VDT
Analyst
And1: 2,106

Post#97 » by VDT » Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:06 pm

Lol at people blaming the coach.

It is hard to establish a system with no playmakers and with your main stars being an iso player (Kawhi) and a glorified 3+D guy (George). Just like it was hard to build a system around an iso guy (Durant) and a low bb iq playmaker (Westbrook). Just like Stevens couldnt build a good system with Kyrie. Just like the Nets will also run into the same issue if they dont get someone to run the offense. Just like the Sixers got swept because they have no perimeter guy to playmake. Its not the coach but the roster construction.
Johnny Bball
RealGM
And1: 48,653

Post#98 » by Johnny Bball » Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:08 pm

In July 2019, I posted a number of times that players make bad GMs when they try to be, and Leonard played the whole thing badly. So if your saying Leonard doesn't make a good GM, you're a year late.
Bergmaniac
Head Coach
And1: 9,510

Post#99 » by Bergmaniac » Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:10 pm

VDT wrote:Lol at people blaming the coach.

It is hard to establish a system with no playmakers and with your main stars being an iso player (Kawhi) and a glorified 3+D guy (George). Just like it was hard to build a system around an iso guy (Durant) and a low bb iq playmaker (Westbrook). Just like Stevens couldnt build a good system with Kyrie. Just like the Nets will also run into the same issue if they dont get someone to run the offense. Just like the Sixers got swept because they have no perimeter guy to playmake. Its not the coach but the roster construction.

Doc had the Point God on his team for 4 years and still failed in the playoffs every year.
LAvision
Sixth Man
And1: 4,236

Post#100 » by LAvision » Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:10 pm

The High Cyde wrote:This is so disappointing. I imagine he fails next year then he’s gone for sure.

Sadly, so will Kawhi.

Return to The General Board