ECF: (3) Boston Celtics vs Miami HEAT (5) - Part 2 (2-0 Miami)

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

Series Prediction

Celtics in 6
24%
Celtics in 7
24%
Heat in 4
7%
Heat in 5
18%
Heat in 6
25%
Heat in 7
2%

Total votes: 135

Mujakki
Freshman
And1: 96

Re: ECF: (3) Boston Celtics vs Miami HEAT (5) - Part 2 (1-0 Miami) 

Post#161 » by Mujakki » Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:12 pm

NBA just admitted that the foul call at the end of regulation on DJJ was incorrect and it shouldn't have been one. Obvious, I know, except for all the Boston fans trying out for the mental gymnastics gold medal team trying to pretend it was legit.

"While Jones Jr. (MIA) is already driving toward Smart (BOS), who is in a legal guarding position in his path before contact, Walker (BOS) veers into Jones Jr., increasing his momentum, driving him through Smart's space."
Feed Your Head
RealGM
And1: 69,465

Post#162 » by Feed Your Head » Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:17 pm

Hayward upgraded to doubtful. Have to think he will be back by game 3 or 4.

Read on Twitter
?s=20
goodboy
RealGM
And1: 185,289

Post#163 » by goodboy » Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:23 pm

greg4012 wrote:
Read on Twitter

bu-bu-but he pushed him!!
Bright
bisme37
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 55,410

Post#164 » by bisme37 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:23 pm

The Comedian wrote:Hayward upgraded to doubtful. Have to think he will be back by game 3 or 4.

Read on Twitter
?s=20

Awesome! When he first went down I was saying we'd be fine without him. And in my defense I guess we have been fine so far. But at this point it's clear that he'll really help keep the ball moving, help the offense stay efficient, and help in eliminating scoring droughts. We just could def use another really good player out there so it's awesome that one is on the way.
Rapaz
RealGM
And1: 38,814

Post#165 » by Rapaz » Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:44 pm

greg4012 wrote:
Read on Twitter

The calling of those fouls is simply barbaric. Barbaric! BARBARIC!

Let that word resound from hill to hill and from mountain to mountain, from valley to valley across this broad land.

BARBARIC! BARBARIC!

May God help those poor souls who'd be so cruel.

BARBARIC! HEAR ME! BARBARIC!

#WeHaveTooMuch
MHeat0279
Analyst
And1: 4,352

Post#166 » by MHeat0279 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:51 pm

Mujakki wrote:NBA just admitted that the foul call at the end of regulation on DJJ was incorrect and it shouldn't have been one. Obvious, I know, except for all the Boston fans trying out for the mental gymnastics gold medal team trying to pretend it was legit.

"While Jones Jr. (MIA) is already driving toward Smart (BOS), who is in a legal guarding position in his path before contact, Walker (BOS) veers into Jones Jr., increasing his momentum, driving him through Smart's space."

it was a fould on Kemba, everybody saw it, everybody except some Boston fans agree it should have been a call on Kemba.
Dont even let me start with the Tatum travel, right in front of the ref.
Orin
Rookie
And1: 2,104

Post#167 » by Orin » Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:59 pm

greg4012 wrote:
Read on Twitter

TheGr81 wrote:I think he [Wilt] had similar athleticism, skill level and basketball IQ as Javale McGee
Elnegron
Rookie
And1: 366

Post#168 » by Elnegron » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:00 pm

Boston call time out to bring that gimmick play. fLoppers couldn't beat the the heat. Kemal also flopped on the phantom trip and theis should have fouled out in the moving block. If the nba want Boston vs lakers just admit it and Miami go home, but don't pull this crap on us like that
jdm_dc_fan
Senior
And1: 388

Post#169 » by jdm_dc_fan » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:13 pm

Ziggie wrote:Honestly this series doesnt even worry me as a heat fan. Boston doesnt deserve to be here. They got a ton of lucky calls against Toronto.

I'm already looking ahead to lakers in the finals. Bam vs AD. Butler vs Lebron

Sent from my SM-G955U using RealGM mobile app

Regardless of that being true or not doesn’t matter at this point. But if you’re being serious about not being worried about a series against Boston you lack IQ lol
Paz
Analyst
And1: 3,862

Post#170 » by Paz » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:27 pm

Ziggie wrote:Honestly this series doesnt even worry me as a heat fan. Boston doesnt deserve to be here. They got a ton of lucky calls against Toronto.

I'm already looking ahead to lakers in the finals. Bam vs AD. Butler vs Lebron

Sent from my SM-G955U using RealGM mobile app

Which dispensary are you going to because I need some of those kind buds in my life too. Ofc the Celtics belong in the ECF. If either team is a surprise it’s the HEAT as most in the league believed the Bucks would make quick work of us and be in the ECF. The HEAT are playing well and I hope it continues but seriously dude. This series isn’t going to be a cakewalk by any stretch of the imagination.

Either team has a chance of making it out.
jfs1000d
RealGM
And1: 13,963

Post#171 » by jfs1000d » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:36 pm

bisme37 wrote:
The Comedian wrote:Hayward upgraded to doubtful. Have to think he will be back by game 3 or 4.

Read on Twitter
?s=20

Awesome! When he first went down I was saying we'd be fine without him. And in my defense I guess we have been fine so far. But at this point it's clear that he'll really help keep the ball moving, help the offense stay efficient, and help in eliminating scoring droughts. We just could def use another really good player out there so it's awesome that one is on the way.

He was playing all-star caliber ball this year. People act like he wasn't really really food this year when healthy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Paz
Analyst
And1: 3,862

Post#172 » by Paz » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:36 pm

Elnegron wrote:Boston call time out to bring that gimmick play. fLoppers couldn't beat the the heat. Kemal also flopped on the phantom trip and theis should have fouled out in the moving block. If the nba want Boston vs lakers just admit it and Miami go home, but don't pull this crap on us like that

Nope. I think by now you should realize that the HEAT don’t mind beating both the opposing team and the refs. The more the merrier.
bisme37
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 55,410

Post#173 » by bisme37 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:45 pm

jfs1000d wrote:
bisme37 wrote:

Read on Twitter
?s=20

He was playing all-star caliber ball this year. People act like he wasn't really really food this year when healthy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah agreed. I didn't think we'd be better without him, just that we'd be fine without him. Because we've been without him a lot and have always thrived. And I figured other guys would have the ball more and perhaps get in a batter rhythm, which would partially offset the loss. But we need his composure, efficiency, clutchness, and swiss army knife game at this point.
aporel18
Senior
And1: 282

Post#174 » by aporel18 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:48 pm

Paz wrote:
Elnegron wrote:Boston call time out to bring that gimmick play. fLoppers couldn't beat the the heat. Kemal also flopped on the phantom trip and theis should have fouled out in the moving block. If the nba want Boston vs lakers just admit it and Miami go home, but don't pull this crap on us like that

Nope. I think by now you should realize that the HEAT don’t mind beating both the opposing team and the refs. The more the merrier.

Ballerhogger
RealGM
And1: 16,798

Post#175 » by Ballerhogger » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:52 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=20

that seems probably
Ballerhogger
RealGM

Post#176 » by Ballerhogger » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:53 pm

Orin wrote:
greg4012 wrote:
Read on Twitter

i hope they do make the same mistake again.........
FinnTheHuman
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,705

Post#177 » by FinnTheHuman » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:56 pm

I agree the reffing was awful. I disagree about the part where you claim they planned to push DJJ into Smart and draw a foul. I'm sure it wasn't planned, it's almost impossible to execute such a play, too many things have to align. I also disagree that the NBA is willing to give refs instructions to favor Boston just because of profits. I believe the reffing was just awful because the refs unintentionally did an awful job, and it just happened that it favored Boston. Yes, very unfair, but these things happen.
Ballerhogger
RealGM

Post#178 » by Ballerhogger » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:56 pm

how come i cant watch this game its on espn right?
Mk0
RealGM
And1: 14,828

Post#179 » by Mk0 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:57 pm

Ballerhogger wrote:how come i cant watch this game its on espn right?

It is on Thursday. I just made the same mistake.
NBA officiating bought to you by FanDuel
fbalmeida
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,888

Post#180 » by fbalmeida » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:58 pm

Haddaway wrote:
fbalmeida wrote:Yup.

The Bucks were a 3-8 team since March 6th and all of their advanced stats fell off a cliff from that point on.
The Heat were a 5th seed for reasons that remain valid.
Dragic, Nunn, Herro, and Robinson, are a set of defensive vulnerabilities that Spo won't be able to hide 48 minutes per game.

This won't even be close.

fbalmeida wrote:
Haddaway wrote:
Well, you sure are going to be damned surprised this series then. I would bet a serious amount of money that the Heat don't lose in less than 6, I put the chance at perhaps 1 in 500, less than 7, 1 in 20.

You are seriously underestimating the Heat. I am sure you think that the Celtics would've swept the Bucks, while having just gone the distance against the Raptors! The evidence isn't there to back what you're saying.

These are of course calculated guesses on my part and differentials do tend to tighten in the playoffs. We'll find out soon enough. So far the Heat are resorting to zone-D to hide Dragic and stop Kemba's pnr but they are playing some piss poor zone D.

I'm sticking with Celtics in 5.

So you still confident with Celtics in 5? You're predicting a back door sweep? I think last night a lot of Heat doubters just got a serious wake up call. The Heat have played their best defense, offense and overall game in the 4th quarter. They've consistently made clutch shots, made clutch blocks, and had clutch defense.

I think you and many other people were underestimating how clutch the Heat have been all season, and while that isn't always the easiest quantifiable thing, it's easily seen night in and out with the Heat. They were losing and behind in 95%+ of that game, but in the few possessions they needed to get ahead, they made the shots they needed, and got the block they needed to win.

That's the kind of stuff that is the difference between a good and great team, Heat are a good team, but when they start doing the stuff they did last night consistently, which they've been doing more and more consistently this season as time has gone on, they are making the transition to a great team.

This isn't about super stars lifting their team like with most great NBA teams, we're seeing one of the few examples in NBA history of a bunch of good players coming together to make a great team.

We're seriously seeing history in the making right now.

I looked at some of the numbers and potential matchups and made a calculated guess of Celtics in 5. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong. :guitar:
"The Raptors will be fine." - Masai Ujiri, March 26th, 2021

Return to The General Board