ImageImageImageImageImage

The Ringer: Clipper's Collapse is Just The Beginning Of Their Problems

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

sule
RealGM
And1: 34,205

Re: The Ringer: Clipper's Collapse is Just The Beginning Of Their Problems 

Post#21 » by sule » Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:32 pm

icoholic wrote:Paul George is absolute trash, I don't know many from Indiana that were sad to see him go. What a dumbass organization.

The fact that both teams trading Paul George away were able to get such fantastic hauls is amazing :lol:

Indy traded him to OKC and got Sabonis and Dipo, which is basically 2/3 of their core.

OKC got like 4 picks, 2 swaps, Gallo and SGA from the Clippers :lol:

And now that the word is out on Paul George, who in their right mind would take him on their team? Especially since he's been outed for consistently shifting the blame off himself and lying to the public. And that's on top of all his personal scandals, which is a list as long as a page.

His lack of clutch in Game 7 and the playoffs is starting to retrospectively make sense why Vogel sat him down he stretch against us a few years ago.
WeThe2019Champs
Veteran
And1: 2,640

Post#22 » by WeThe2019Champs » Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:34 pm

No More Tanking!
Zebsterama
Rookie
And1: 547

Post#23 » by Zebsterama » Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:39 pm

maternal85 wrote:I love KL2 and will always appreciate his 1 year here. But when you speak against him you're a hater.

I'm a hater

:D

.... unless he signs back in T.O. ... then my tune will change -- that's the beauty of being a fan. :nod:
B-Ball Freak
RealGM
And1: 11,433

Post#24 » by B-Ball Freak » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:24 pm

This is absolutely hilarious, pure sports karma right here lmfao. After all the stuff the Clippers pulled during last season and the way Kawhi and his shady team maneuvered their way through free agency. Thank you Murray, Jokic and the Nuggets for delivering sweet justice, I'm about to get me a Nuggets jersey.
B-Ball Freak
RealGM

Post#25 » by B-Ball Freak » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:25 pm

Zebsterama wrote:
maternal85 wrote:I love KL2 and will always appreciate his 1 year here. But when you speak against him you're a hater.

I'm a hater

:D

.... unless he signs back in T.O. ... then my tune will change -- that's the beauty of being a fan. :nod:

Hell yeah...I'm the same way and proud of it, it's Toronto over everything for real (when it comes to sports).
EFF3KT
Veteran
And1: 2,777

Post#26 » by EFF3KT » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:26 pm

I just love the narrative of:
"Look what he did for Toronto with that cast. Imagine what he could do with that Clippers team."

WELP.
libertyYYZ
Pro Prospect
And1: 761

Post#27 » by libertyYYZ » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:39 pm

The roster creation has a lot to do with Kawhi's demand to play with Paul George. A sophomore Gilgeous-Alexander and Gallinari probably offered as much as George in this series. George is 30 and Kawhi is 29. Their window is pretty short in this new faster NBA. Talented teams with young legs -- Boston, Denver -- are doing well.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/LAC/2020_transactions.html
Traded Danilo Gallinari, Shai Gilgeous-Alexander, a 2021 1st round draft pick, a 2022 1st round draft pick, a 2023 1st round draft pick, a 2023 1st round draft pick, a 2024 1st round draft pick, a 2025 1st round draft pick and a 2026 1st round draft pick to the Oklahoma City Thunder for Paul George. (2021 first-round pick is MIA's unprotected pick.) (2023 first-round pick is MIA's pick, top-14 protected.) (Right to swap with LAC.) (Right to swap with LAC.)
"Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships." -- Michael Jordan
B-Ball Freak
RealGM

Post#28 » by B-Ball Freak » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:41 pm

EFF3KT wrote:I just love the narrative of:
"Look what he did for Toronto with that cast. Imagine what he could do with that Clippers team."

WELP.

According to Kawhi's BFF, they are still in the drivers seat..on that bus back to LA.
B-Ball Freak
RealGM

Post#29 » by B-Ball Freak » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:42 pm

libertyYYZ wrote:The roster creation has a lot to do with Kawhi's demand to play with Paul George. A sophomore Gilgeous-Alexander and Gallinari probably offered as much as George in this series. George is 30 and Kawhi is 29. Their window is pretty short in this new faster NBA. Talented teams with young legs -- Boston, Denver -- are doing well.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/LAC/2020_transactions.html
Traded Danilo Gallinari, Shai Gilgeous-Alexander, a 2021 1st round draft pick, a 2022 1st round draft pick, a 2023 1st round draft pick, a 2023 1st round draft pick, a 2024 1st round draft pick, a 2025 1st round draft pick and a 2026 1st round draft pick to the Oklahoma City Thunder for Paul George. (2021 first-round pick is MIA's unprotected pick.) (2023 first-round pick is MIA's pick, top-14 protected.) (Right to swap with LAC.) (Right to swap with LAC.)

Talk about gutting your team jeez
Dennis 37
RealGM
And1: 17,786

Post#30 » by Dennis 37 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:50 pm

All right. Which of us here wrote that piece?
Maxpainmedia:
"NYC has the **** most Two Faced fans, but we ALL loved IQ,, and that is super rare, I've been a Knicks fan for 37 years, this kid is a star and he will snap in Toronto"
maternal85
Starter
And1: 1,736

Post#31 » by maternal85 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:43 pm

Rust_Cohle wrote:Imagine if ujiri was in charge of the clippers right now. He’d rightfully gut half the team and the coach.

He would have told KL2 to kick rocks and never give up 5 1st rounders for PG. What a mess the clippers are. And they're in a "sexy" market. Imagine if those clowns had to run the Raptors with such a disadvantage. Its crazy how people don't appreciate Ujiri on this board.
Ramed Nazored
Assistant Coach
And1: 9,450

Post#32 » by Ramed Nazored » Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:49 pm

This will only rival the Brooklyn/Celts Garnett/Pierce fiasco in terms of shortsightedness and organizational ineptitude. They mortgaged their future for a zero chemistry group of men that need to be rested every second game. And as the article states, the West is only getting tougher.

Anything and everything is on the table from the Clippers, from winning a championship to entering a total rebuild with no draft picks. So, a big congratulations to the Nuggets: You came back from 3-1 again, you’re advancing to the Western Conference finals, and you might have just doomed the future of an entire organization

Dalek
RealGM
And1: 9,214

Post#33 » by Dalek » Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:51 pm

maternal85 wrote:
icoholic wrote:Paul George is absolute trash, I don't know many from Indiana that were sad to see him go. What a dumbass organization.

Never understood his hype honestly.

He was an MVP finalist and DPOY finalist the previous season with OKC. I think any team would kill to have him. He had a weird playoff this year for sure, but it might be more about having to adjust to two similar types of scorers on the floor rather than him being overhyped. I just don't think he found a good rhythm and also he played while he was admittedly depressed.
pilkoids
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,325

Post#34 » by pilkoids » Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:58 pm

That Clippers curse is for real.

Sent from my SM-G973W using RealGM mobile app
maternal85
Starter
And1: 1,736

Post#35 » by maternal85 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:38 am

Dalek wrote:
maternal85 wrote:

He was an MVP finalist and DPOY finalist the previous season with OKC. I think any team would kill to have him. He had a weird playoff this year for sure, but it might be more about having to adjust to two similar types of scorers on the floor rather than him being overhyped. I just don't think he found a good rhythm and also he played while he was admittedly depressed.

Ujiri wanted no part of him. At what point do we stop making excuses for him ? They had enough time to make the adjustments. He is who he is. Nobody is scared of PG in a 7 game series.
B-Ball Freak
RealGM

Post#36 » by B-Ball Freak » Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:46 am

Dalek wrote:
maternal85 wrote:

It doesn't help that he has zero accountability and will bail on your team the first chance he gets. He also looks to have permanent shoulder issues and is on the wrong side of 30. I wouldn't want that guy on the Raps.
Yosemite Dan
RealGM
And1: 7,893

Post#37 » by Yosemite Dan » Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:03 am

That was Kawhi Leonard’s decision. The Clippers were stupid enough to let Kawhi become GM over the summer. Never was there a better time to tell a player to shut up and dribble.
blastttOFF
General Manager
And1: 8,803

Post#38 » by blastttOFF » Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:06 am

Kawhi’s defense was questionable in game 7, missed so many rotations, didn’t hustle to get through screens and his timing was off in some plays.

Lowry, Fred, Nurse, Gasol and even Ibaka will call him out on it. Clippers, not so much.
Yosemite Dan
RealGM
And1: 7,893

Post#39 » by Yosemite Dan » Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:11 am

Dalek wrote:
maternal85 wrote:

Yeah MVP finalist and DPOY finalist of a team that lost in the first round last year and wasn’t considered a legit threat for a title. He couldn’t have been that good defensively if he was too busy chucking shots all game and OKC wasn’t even a top 3 seed in the west.
Metallikid
RealGM
And1: 9,962

Post#40 » by Metallikid » Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:50 am

Rhythm043 wrote:Man with the Clippers going down, if we did not choke against Boston we had a damn nice path to win it all again. I think Miami would have been an easier series for us and the Lakers don't scare anybody. What a missed opportunity.

Yeah, if only they checked goaltends like they do for every single three point shot or if we didn't go without a free throw for an entire half.

Return to Toronto Raptors