ImageImageImageImageImage

2019-20 Season: Draft, Trades, and FA Ideas Thread V2

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

mtcan
RealGM
And1: 20,445

Re: 2019-20 Season: Draft, Trades, and FA Ideas Thread V2 

Post#661 » by mtcan » Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:31 am

casual_raps_fan wrote:
mtcan wrote:Interesting...on The Jump today...Uncle Perk said something about there being rumors of Kyle Lowry getting to go to Philly...

It makes sense from a basketball perspective for the 76ers obviously (leadership, floor spacing, floor general). I’m sure Kyle would welcome it since it’s Philadelphia.

What would we get back? The only two assets I’m interested there is Simmons and Embiid.

Perk also mentioned NY in the same breath. Perk obviously isn't looking at the draft order...but he mentioned the possibility of Toronto landing Lamelo Ball. Ball isn't falling to NY's pick but it would imply that perhaps NY's #8 pick could be involved.

Could it be something like Ben Simmons to NY, #8 and other stuff to Toronto and Kyle and stuff to Philly?
casual_raps_fan
Pro Prospect
And1: 616

Post#662 » by casual_raps_fan » Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:50 am

HeadtopChunes wrote:What are the best Norm trades you can come up with?

How about Norm to the Twolves for 17 and a future 2nd?

Maybe the Hawks would be interested?

Norm for lottery protected 2021 1st round pick, Miami's 2020 second round pick
casual_raps_fan
Pro Prospect

Post#663 » by casual_raps_fan » Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:02 am

mtcan wrote:
casual_raps_fan wrote:
mtcan wrote:Interesting...on The Jump today...Uncle Perk said something about there being rumors of Kyle Lowry getting to go to Philly...

It makes sense from a basketball perspective for the 76ers obviously (leadership, floor spacing, floor general). I’m sure Kyle would welcome it since it’s Philadelphia.

What would we get back? The only two assets I’m interested there is Simmons and Embiid.

Perk also mentioned NY in the same breath. Perk obviously isn't looking at the draft order...but he mentioned the possibility of Toronto landing Lamelo Ball. Ball isn't falling to NY's pick but it would imply that perhaps NY's #8 pick could be involved.

Could it be something like Ben Simmons to NY, #8 and other stuff to Toronto and Kyle and stuff to Philly?

hmm... not sure about the details but if the best piece coming back to us is the #8 pick, I would prefer taking Simmons.
mtcan
RealGM

Post#664 » by mtcan » Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:08 am

casual_raps_fan wrote:
mtcan wrote:
casual_raps_fan wrote:It makes sense from a basketball perspective for the 76ers obviously (leadership, floor spacing, floor general). I’m sure Kyle would welcome it since it’s Philadelphia.

hmm... not sure about the details but if the best piece coming back to us is the #8 pick, I would prefer taking Simmons.

I'm thinking Kyle even for 1 year is worth more than just #8...so there have to be other assets involved.

Simmons who can't shoot? No thanks.

We need floor spacers for the coming of Giannis. Imagine having Simmons and Giannis and neither has a reliable jump shot?
casual_raps_fan
Pro Prospect

Post#665 » by casual_raps_fan » Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:25 am

mtcan wrote:
casual_raps_fan wrote:
mtcan wrote:Perk also mentioned NY in the same breath. Perk obviously isn't looking at the draft order...but he mentioned the possibility of Toronto landing Lamelo Ball. Ball isn't falling to NY's pick but it would imply that perhaps NY's #8 pick could be involved.

I'm thinking Kyle even for 1 year is worth more than just #8...so there have to be other assets involved.

We need floor spacers for the coming of Giannis. Imagine having Simmons and Giannis and neither has a reliable jump shot?

We would be out of the running for Giannis if we received Simmons. Having a shot at Giannis is cool but a guaranteed 5 years of Simmons is much safer.
mtcan
RealGM

Post#666 » by mtcan » Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:29 am

casual_raps_fan wrote:
mtcan wrote:
casual_raps_fan wrote:hmm... not sure about the details but if the best piece coming back to us is the #8 pick, I would prefer taking Simmons.

We would be out of the running for Giannis if we received Simmons. Having a shot at Giannis is cool but a guaranteed 5 years of Simmons is much safer.

Ben Simmons is all flash and flare...but to me...he doesn't have the killer instinct...he doesn't have..."it".

His game hasn't evolved much in the almost 5 years in the league...which is disappointing given his natural gifts. Guys who enter the league with zero jump shot who are true winners...usually find some semblance of a jumper by year 3 or 4. Not this guy.
Raptorfan2012
Head Coach
And1: 4,260

Post#667 » by Raptorfan2012 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:31 am

casual_raps_fan wrote:

Ideally I would want Simmons; maybe Lowry and OG for Simmons? I would hate to lose OG but Simmons is a top 20 player; let him play SF and find some shooters.

Alternatively we can maybe get a 3-way going, with Lowry to Philly, Horford to a team like the Pelicans, and Jrue Holiday to the Raptors.
casual_raps_fan
Pro Prospect

Post#668 » by casual_raps_fan » Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:32 am

Raptorfan2012 wrote:
casual_raps_fan wrote:

Ideally I would want Simmons; maybe Lowry and OG for Simmons? I would hate to lose OG but Simmons is a top 20 player; let him play SF and find some shooters.

Alternatively we can maybe get a 3-way going, with Lowry to Philly, Horford to a team like the Pelicans, and Jrue Holiday to the Raptors.

I would pass if OG is in the deal. He'd be a critical piece to make the Simmons on Raptors be a success.

I'd be willing to part with Norm though.
bboyskinnylegs
RealGM
And1: 25,497

Post#669 » by bboyskinnylegs » Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:38 am

I always had a feeling Kyle might want to go play at home before retiring. A trade is unrealistic imo, I don't really see anything the Sixers would realistically send us back that we'd accept (I'm sure they'd try to peddle Harris or Horford onto us, and besides those two they only have Embiid and Simmons to include in workable deals). Maybe he just walks there after next season.
Raptors_128
Analyst
And1: 3,275

Post#670 » by Raptors_128 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:05 am

mtcan wrote:
casual_raps_fan wrote:
mtcan wrote:Perk also mentioned NY in the same breath. Perk obviously isn't looking at the draft order...but he mentioned the possibility of Toronto landing Lamelo Ball. Ball isn't falling to NY's pick but it would imply that perhaps NY's #8 pick could be involved.

I think Kyle would be willing to sign an extension with Philly right after the trade too.

I would take Simmons because I know I can flip him for something good later if Giannis comes.
casual_raps_fan
Pro Prospect

Post#671 » by casual_raps_fan » Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:10 am

Raptors_128 wrote:
mtcan wrote:
casual_raps_fan wrote:hmm... not sure about the details but if the best piece coming back to us is the #8 pick, I would prefer taking Simmons.

I think Kyle would be willing to sign an extension with Philly right after the trade too.

I would take Simmons because I know I can flip him for something good later if Giannis comes.

I don't think we would be able to sign Giannis if we get Simmons. He has a massive contract.

Now that I think about it, can we even trade for Simmons this offseason? His extension begins the upcoming season I believe.
TheAlchemist
General Manager
And1: 8,235

Post#672 » by TheAlchemist » Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:18 am

Lowry and Siakam for Simmons, T. Harris, Thyuble.

I'd do it.

FVV / TD
Thybule / Matty Ice
T.Harris / Norm
Simmons / RHJ ?
Ibaka / Boucher

Philly woud be pretty good too

Lowry
J rich
MLE player
Siakam
Embiid
mtcan
RealGM

Post#673 » by mtcan » Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:27 am

casual_raps_fan wrote:
Raptors_128 wrote:
mtcan wrote:I'm thinking Kyle even for 1 year is worth more than just #8...so there have to be other assets involved.

I don't think we would be able to sign Giannis if we get Simmons. He has a massive contract.

Now that I think about it, can we even trade for Simmons this offseason? His extension begins the upcoming season I believe.

I don't think we can trade for him...so that's where the Knicks come into play. They have cap space available.

And ya...I'd be asking a bit more for Kyle Lowry than just #8...so there's got to be more to a deal. I personally want nothing to do with Simmons. He's got a nice skill set except for the one skill that any elite #1 guy on a team needs in the modern NBA...a jump shot...and with no willingness to even try shooting he's not worth the hefty price tag.
tecumseh18
RealGM
And1: 10,094

Post#674 » by tecumseh18 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 3:25 am

mtcan wrote:
casual_raps_fan wrote:
Raptors_128 wrote:

I don't think we can trade for him...so that's where the Knicks come into play. They have cap space available.

And ya...I'd be asking a bit more for Kyle Lowry than just #8...so there's got to be more to a deal. I personally want nothing to do with Simmons. He's got a nice skill set except for the one skill that any elite #1 guy on a team needs in the modern NBA...a jump shot...and with no willingness to even try shooting he's not worth the hefty price tag.

The last thing Masai would trade for is someone who can't shoot, especially if Giannis is still on the radar.

I've mentioned this before, but the obvious deal (to me) is Kyle to Sixers, Simmons to GSW and their #2 and Wiggins to us. Someone said that the Dubs would also have to send their Minny pick to the Sixers, who would probably try to turn it into a win-now asset.
tdotrep2
RealGM
And1: 25,357

Post#675 » by tdotrep2 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 3:37 am

casual_raps_fan wrote:

most likely one of them, they dont have anything else
nabbs
RealGM
And1: 19,365

Post#676 » by nabbs » Thu Sep 17, 2020 3:41 am

Kyle isn't getting traded unless he asks or a package involving picks and young guys where you have to say yes..... None of the contenders who would need him have that kind of package

2018 My Top Guys (no particular order): Doncic, JJJ, Zhaire Smith, Miles Bridges, Knox, Wendell, Bamba, Ayton, Sexton, Brown, Huerter, Okogie, Svi,
Masai4PM
Junior
And1: 860

Post#677 » by Masai4PM » Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:02 am

How would you guys feel about doing a sign and trade with the Knicks:

Out:
FVV, Terrance Davis and a 1st round pick

In:
Mitch Robinson, expiring contracts of Wayne Ellington, Frank Ntilikina, and Taj Gibson

We get our centre of the future, a wildcard point guard in Frank, and a shooter and backup big (expiring contracts).
tdotrep2
RealGM
And1: 25,357

Post#678 » by tdotrep2 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:20 am

i really feel like masai will go after christian wood, i dont know why. werent we interested in him before he signed with detroit?
pr0gr4m
Bench Warmer
And1: 532

Post#679 » by pr0gr4m » Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:01 am

I don't understand why anyone would want to trade Powell. He just had his best season yet and is a good big player to have at the starting 2 position. He has the athleticism to run around screens while having a 6-11 wingspan to contest 3's and baskets with. He is also a really good finisher at the basket, making huge strides since his rookie year.

The absolute obvious trade asset the Raptors have is Lowry. He will not be tradeable / there would be less suitors at the deadline. Trading him could help the Raptors get a lottery pick this year and a prospect. I threw the idea of Lowry/OG for Bagley/Hield/12th{Aaron Nesmith} (+ fillers). I would draft Nesmith and Tyrell Terry.

Although OG is a high level defensive player I can't see him being a go to scorer down the stretch against any match up. The best chance the Raptors have is to develop a coalition of high end offensive players or to find another 2-way superstar like Kawhi. The prior seems the easiest to attain.

Although that move may disrupt Giannis to Toronto. I highly question whether Giannis is able to lead a team to the finals. I would instead continue focusing on continuity and asset retention. This means I would absolutely sign back FVV and then trade him to a team such as the Piston/Knicks as soon as Davis/Terry seems ready to be the next point guard. FVV's limited finishing ability and size in a match up driven lead is concerning.
OAKLEY_2
RealGM
And1: 8,888

Post#680 » by OAKLEY_2 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:45 am

casual_raps_fan wrote:
Raptorfan2012 wrote:
casual_raps_fan wrote:It makes sense from a basketball perspective for the 76ers obviously (leadership, floor spacing, floor general). I’m sure Kyle would welcome it since it’s Philadelphia.

I would pass if OG is in the deal. He'd be a critical piece to make the Simmons on Raptors be a success.

I'd be willing to part with Norm though.

You don't trade OG or second team honours Paskal. Would love to do a deal that nets us Fultz. and or Mo Bamba. Norm though will be hard to get value for and I do not think there is a chance in hell we trsde Lowry. We won't be making trades this offseason is my guess.

Return to Toronto Raptors