ImageImageImageImageImage

Coaching Chess Match - Nurse vs. Stevens (Half Court Hoops - YouTube)

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

MadDogSHWA
General Manager
And1: 5,360

Re: Coaching Chess Match - Nurse vs. Stevens (Half Court Hoops - YouTube) 

Post#21 » by MadDogSHWA » Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:10 pm

StopitLeo wrote:How does nobody comment on this?!?

I've had this thread open in a tab for multiple days.

Just started watching the video and stopped. Too soon for me. :lol:
"Packin' a Yak in the back by the rack" ~ Big Pun (probably)
Indeed
RealGM
And1: 3,055

Post#22 » by Indeed » Thu Sep 17, 2020 3:08 am

StopitLeo wrote:
Indeed wrote:
NUCKER101 wrote:Awesome video, thanks for sharing.

Nurse definitely wins us this series if he had a legit go-to scorer or if Pascal didn't forget about how to shoot. We're blessed to have this man coaching the Raps.

I think it has more to do with our team not shooting well. Both our starting C and PF didn't shoot very well from 3, which I feel was the biggest difference. Ibaka helped in giving our guards space to operate.

I think that lack of 3pt shooting from Gasol in particular contributed to the poor 1st quarters of almost every game.

Or another way to interpret this is that Gasol does not give enough advantage. He couldn't make an impact on offense, as he was left alone, while he was targeted on the defensive end.

Both PG and C are double edge sword, Kemba and VanVleet were offensive threat, but was targeted on the defensive end. Meanwhile C provides the shot blocking present, but also a targeted when pulled away from the paint.
Vietbrah
Pro Prospect
And1: 925

Post#23 » by Vietbrah » Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:28 pm

StopitLeo wrote:How does nobody comment on this?!?

most people aren't gonna watch an hour video tbh
nabbs
RealGM
And1: 19,365

Post#24 » by nabbs » Thu Sep 17, 2020 3:12 pm

The video itself is worth the shot but on a more macro note, Nurse just finished his second year as a coach and just like players, coaches have developmental milestones as well. We lived through lack of creativity and adjustments with Casey. We finally have a coach that we can trust to at least try things to maximize the talent of a roster

2018 My Top Guys (no particular order): Doncic, JJJ, Zhaire Smith, Miles Bridges, Knox, Wendell, Bamba, Ayton, Sexton, Brown, Huerter, Okogie, Svi,

Return to Toronto Raptors