ImageImageImageImageImage

The Ringer: Clipper's Collapse is Just The Beginning Of Their Problems

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Metallikid
RealGM
And1: 9,962

Re: The Ringer: Clipper's Collapse is Just The Beginning Of Their Problems 

Post#41 » by Metallikid » Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:52 am

Ramed Nazored wrote:This will only rival the Brooklyn/Celts Garnett/Pierce fiasco in terms of shortsightedness and organizational ineptitude. They mortgaged their future for a zero chemistry group of men that need to be rested every second game. And as the article states, the West is only getting tougher.

Anything and everything is on the table from the Clippers, from winning a championship to entering a total rebuild with no draft picks. So, a big congratulations to the Nuggets: You came back from 3-1 again, you’re advancing to the Western Conference finals, and you might have just doomed the future of an entire organization

When you go all-in sometimes it's the other guy who has the nuts. We did it to Philly and Denver perhaps just did it to the Clippers.
Danny1616
General Manager
And1: 12,725

Post#42 » by Danny1616 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:01 am

What Clippers fans should be worried about is that the top tier competition is getting better.

Jokic and Murray are still pretty young and Denver is already elite.

Utah has some young studs in Mitchell and Gobert.

Dallas has the future MVP in Doncic.

Those are all teams going to be competing in the West for the foreseeable future and will just get better every year.
Inevitable
RealGM
And1: 134,630

Post#43 » by Inevitable » Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:16 am

maternal85 wrote:
Rust_Cohle wrote:Imagine if ujiri was in charge of the clippers right now. He’d rightfully gut half the team and the coach.

He would have told KL2 to kick rocks and never give up 5 1st rounders for PG. What a mess the clippers are. And they're in a "sexy" market. Imagine if those clowns had to run the Raptors with such a disadvantage. Its crazy how people don't appreciate Ujiri on this board.

Can’t believe some poster made a thesis about Masai’s tenure here and how he’s overrated. Completely out to lunch, Masai is clearly one of the best GMs in the league. Clippers can go back to being into the basement as soon as next July.
C Court
RealGM
And1: 25,102

Post#44 » by C Court » Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:41 am

Chemistry is super important. The Raptors have it and the Clippers don’t.

Chemistry takes time to develop. I’m not sure the Clippers will be able to find it before Kawhi and PG’s contracts are up after next season.
NBA Champion Toronto Raptors
Mister Ze
RealGM
And1: 23,201

Post#45 » by Mister Ze » Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:46 am

I have nothing against Kawhi, just his stupid greedy uncle. **** that guy
Johnny Bball
RealGM
And1: 48,648

Post#46 » by Johnny Bball » Thu Sep 17, 2020 3:05 am

Oshea Brisset

C Court
RealGM
And1: 25,102

Post#47 » by C Court » Thu Sep 17, 2020 3:12 am

Read on Twitter
NBA Champion Toronto Raptors
Basketball_Jones
RealGM
And1: 16,733

Post#48 » by Basketball_Jones » Thu Sep 17, 2020 3:15 am

Team full of a**holes and no leaders
2019 Eastern Conference All Stars

Derozan
Lowry
Ibaka
Valanciunas
Van Vleet
Delon Wright
Lebron
Embiid

There are only 2 teams in the league that rank in the top 6 in offensive and defensive efficiency: the Golden State Warriors and the Toronto Raptors.
mkot
General Manager
And1: 1,343

Post#49 » by mkot » Thu Sep 17, 2020 3:17 am

I always think it was dumb for him, actually all those analysts in the US media, to automatically assume load management would work like it did in Toronto. Now they are talking about no more load management crap for Kwahi. He made his bed.
Thank you for your great work over the years, Matrix.
You're always a Sun in my heart. Ring of Honor awaits you.
MixxSRC
General Manager
And1: 14,092

Post#50 » by MixxSRC » Thu Sep 17, 2020 3:18 am

Read on Twitter

:lol:
mkot
General Manager
And1: 1,343

Post#51 » by mkot » Thu Sep 17, 2020 3:26 am

Centre Court wrote:Chemistry is super important. The Raptors have it and the Clippers don’t.

Chemistry takes time to develop. I’m not sure the Clippers will be able to find it before Kawhi and PG’s contracts are up after next season.

I doubt it will ever be developed with that group of immature self-proclaimed brat behaving like they have won multiple championships. It's a roaster full of unlikable guys - Beverley, Morris, Harrel and Lou.
Thank you for your great work over the years, Matrix.
You're always a Sun in my heart. Ring of Honor awaits you.
maternal85
Starter
And1: 1,736

Post#52 » by maternal85 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 3:30 am

mkot wrote:I always think it was dumb for him, actually all those analysts in the US media, to automatically assume load management would work like it did in Toronto. Now they are talking about no more load management crap for Kwahi. He made his bed.

The clippers thought they could duplicate what we did with load management last year easily. People now realize you could only do that with a certain type of role players and coach. The clippers simply don't have that.
maternal85
Starter
And1: 1,736

Post#53 » by maternal85 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 3:34 am

Inevitable wrote:
maternal85 wrote:
Rust_Cohle wrote:Imagine if ujiri was in charge of the clippers right now. He’d rightfully gut half the team and the coach.

He would have told KL2 to kick rocks and never give up 5 1st rounders for PG. What a mess the clippers are. And they're in a "sexy" market. Imagine if those clowns had to run the Raptors with such a disadvantage. Its crazy how people don't appreciate Ujiri on this board.

Can’t believe some poster made a thesis about Masai’s tenure here and how he’s overrated. Completely out to lunch, Masai is clearly one of the best GMs in the league. Clippers can go back to being into the basement as soon as next July.

Can you imagine if we had the NBA champion mvp begging to play for us. Then we also had cap room and young assets/draft picks to trade. The league would crap their pants what Ujiri would be capable of doing. Yet the clippers were only able to put this crap together? Lmao
nabbs
RealGM
And1: 19,365

Post#54 » by nabbs » Thu Sep 17, 2020 3:40 am

Read on Twitter

2018 My Top Guys (no particular order): Doncic, JJJ, Zhaire Smith, Miles Bridges, Knox, Wendell, Bamba, Ayton, Sexton, Brown, Huerter, Okogie, Svi,
MixxSRC
General Manager
And1: 14,092

Post#55 » by MixxSRC » Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:24 am

nabbs wrote:
Read on Twitter

**** man...pisses me off to this day
Steelo Green
RealGM
And1: 24,806

Post#56 » by Steelo Green » Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:43 am

Inevitable wrote:
maternal85 wrote:

AbC?
Head Coach
And1: 9,585

Post#57 » by AbC? » Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:52 am

nabbs wrote:
Read on Twitter

Just a scumbag franchise from top to bottom. No team has ever been as blatantly obvious and disrespectful with their tampering as the clippers were with Kawhi.
TheAlchemist
General Manager
And1: 8,228

Post#58 » by TheAlchemist » Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:34 am

[*]
nabbs wrote:
Read on Twitter

I just don't understand how Masai and company let that happen.

I'm so happy the Clippers lost.

I'm hoping the GSW, Denver again, or Luka take em out next year.

Luka is my choice.
TheAlchemist
General Manager
And1: 8,228

Post#59 » by TheAlchemist » Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:38 am

There's one theme that a lot of analysts and podcast commentators are talking about;

The Clippers acted like they won the championship already. They acted as if they where a shoe in and it's over.

Nobody on that roster won a championship except Kawhi. It took a whole Raptors team, the culmination of the "we the north" decade and talent, to get the exact roster needed to win.

When you act like you won something, your brain gives you the same reward as winning it. That Dopamine results in never actually following through with the real goal
RaptorsNorth
RealGM
And1: 13,757

Post#60 » by RaptorsNorth » Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:49 am

Why is this board so obsessed with Clippers and what’s going there. Look how many clipper related thread are on this board :lol: I cam on here and wonders if this was the Clippers board. We got far more issues than them in terms of player contracts and the contract of Bobby and Masai. Their path moving forward is still clearer than ours right now.
“Elephant in the room : Nick Thibodeau” Board member seanbig :lol: :lol: :lol:

"THEY'RE SAYING US AND GOLDEN STATE ARE THE SUPER TEAMS" Knicks PG Derrick Rose :lol:

Return to Toronto Raptors