ImageImageImageImageImage

TPE/MLE/Draft

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

ShayDee
Rookie
And1: 258

Re: TPE/MLE/Draft 

Post#61 » by ShayDee » Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:22 am

Both choices sort of require us getting a 2nd FRP in some way.
Option A (Somewhat realistic):

TPE: Use the TPE and send like 3 2nds we acquired this year to Detroit (they have no 2nd round picks) and they give us Tony Snell. At 6'6 (6'11 wingspan), He would be a nice 3 n D wing on the bench for us (he can really shoot) He has nice size, hardly misses free throws, doesn't ask for the ball/doesn't require much of it. Just a good role player

MLE: Goran Dragić, Good Vet Back up PG, I still think he has something left in him (he's 34), can shoot and facilitate. I think we give him 2 years maybe he accepts and comes to live in SF away from Florida. Averaged 16 ppg/5 assists of the bench for Miami

Draft Pick: Get the top pick and take James Wiseman a mobile 7-1 center with a 7-6 wingspan able to block shots and jam down dunks. In our situation hopefully he can blossom gradually into an all-star talent. 2nd pick around mid-late first round get Desmond Bane. Would be a good backup SG that I would honestly prefer than half of our current roster, He's around 6'5, can pass, Defend, shoot lights out, switch a bit but limited, high IQ.

Min contract: Can bring GR3 back if he is willing

2-way: JTA and Bowman

C Wiseman, Looney, Chriss
PF Green, Paschall, Smiley
SF Wiggins, Snell, GR3
SG Thompson, Bane, Lee
PG Curry, Dragic, Poole

New plan but similar to old
TPE Rudy Gay MLE Jamychal Green/Mo Harkless Draft still Wiseman+Bane Min Reggie Jackson

SF Wiggins, Gay, Jamychal
SG Thompson, Bane, Lee
PG Curry, Reggie, Poole

I believe this team is entirely realistic if the FO is willing to spend and will have a 98% chance to win the Championship. The 2% occurs from freak injuries. Good depth and young talent to groom. We also do not have to use TPE and could wait for a Rudy Gay buyout
ChuckDurn
Assistant Coach
And1: 789

Post#62 » by ChuckDurn » Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:24 pm

ShayDee wrote:

TPE: Use the TPE and send like 3 2nds we acquired this year to Detroit (they have no 2nd round picks) and they give us Tony Snell. At 6'6 (6'11 wingspan), He would be a nice 3 n D wing on the bench for us (he can really shoot) He has nice size, hardly misses free throws, doesn't ask for the ball/doesn't require much of it. Just a good role player

MLE: Goran Dragić, Good Vet Back up PG, I still think he has something left in him (he's 34), can shoot and facilitate. I think we give him 2 years maybe he accepts and comes to live in SF away from Florida. Averaged 16 ppg/5 assists of the bench for Miami

Draft Pick: Get the top pick and take James Wiseman a mobile 7-1 center with a 7-6 wingspan able to block shots and jam down dunks. In our situation hopefully he can blossom gradually into an all-star talent. 2nd pick around mid-late first round get Desmond Bane. Would be a good backup SG that I would honestly prefer than half of our current roster, He's around 6'5, can pass, Defend, shoot lights out, switch a bit but limited, high IQ.

SF Wiggins, Snell, GR3
SG Thompson, Bane, Lee
PG Curry, Dragic, Poole

TPE Rudy Gay MLE Jamychal Green/Mo Harkless Draft still Wiseman+Bane Min Reggie Jackson

SG Thompson, Bane, Lee
PG Curry, Reggie, Poole

I believe this team is entirely realistic if the FO is willing to spend and will have a 98% chance to win the Championship. The 2% occurs from freak injuries. Good depth and young talent to groom. We also do not have to use TPE and could wait for a Rudy Gay buyout

JaMychal Green is a good player, but he’s a 4 or small-ball 5, definitely not a 3. And Gay no longer has the speed to play the 3, he’s a 4 in the league right now. So this plan loads up on 4’s, an area we have ably covered by Draymond and Paschall.

We need a couple more “true” wings who can swing between the 2 and 3 positions.
If I don't have anything funny to say, can I still have a signature?
ShayDee
Rookie

Post#63 » by ShayDee » Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:38 pm

ChuckDurn wrote:
ShayDee wrote:

SF Wiggins, Snell, GR3
SG Thompson, Bane, Lee
PG Curry, Dragic, Poole

SG Thompson, Bane, Lee
PG Curry, Reggie, Poole

JaMychal Green is a good player, but he’s a 4 or small-ball 5, definitely not a 3. And Gay no longer has the speed to play the 3, he’s a 4 in the league right now. So this plan loads up on 4’s, an area we have ably covered by Draymond and Paschall.

We need a couple more “true” wings who can swing between the 2 and 3 positions.

He can play in the Death Lineup as a 4 and switch with Dray for the 5. Also this might mean Chriss minutes might drop but we are trying to win right? He played like a winning player for the clippers. He can switch 3-5. Also we have to try and poach him away from other teams. He will be a problem next season if we don't
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#64 » by Mylie10 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:44 pm

I think based on Denver and their great run, that Will Barton will most definitely be available for some cash savings to the Nugs.

They have guys to pay and decisions to make. And the fact that Barton isn’t plying during this run, would make a deal for our TPE make a lot of sense.

Not saying he’s the ultimate target, but more like a realistic one. Would help both teams. Probably wouldn’t have to add a pick either.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
ShayDee
Rookie

Post#65 » by ShayDee » Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:02 pm

Mylie10 wrote:I think based on Denver and their great run, that Will Barton will most definitely be available for some cash savings to the Nugs.

They have guys to pay and decisions to make. And the fact that Barton isn’t plying during this run, would make a deal for our TPE make a lot of sense.

Not saying he’s the ultimate target, but more like a realistic one. Would help both teams. Probably wouldn’t have to add a pick either.

Naaa, Denver have to dangle that rockets pick. We will trade up from 2nd round for that pick. Our roster is expensive as well. Wayy more expensive than any team in the league by the time the offseason is done and we retain Wiggins. Taking on extra salary will hurt the team owners more than help. But if they are willing to dump Barton maybe give us the pick. They don't need it more than we do I think
Mylie10
RealGM

Post#66 » by Mylie10 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:06 am

Mylie10 wrote:I think based on Denver and their great run, that Will Barton will most definitely be available for some cash savings to the Nugs.

Barton Contract is 13.9 mil next season. Then a 14 million dollar player option for the following year. That leaves 3.3 million dollar TPE created after the deal.

2019 averages - 45% fg, 38% 3fg, 78% ft. 15 pts, 6 reb, 4 ass, 1 steal, and a half a block per game.

That 3.3 mil left over, could be a decent bench piece if played right.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
Little Digger
Head Coach
And1: 2,710

Post#67 » by Little Digger » Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:47 am

My problem with Barton = since the start of his career .. he’s struggled to stay healthy..
ILOVEIT—Good 'ol Bob. Two things that will survive the next apocalypse - Cockroaches and Fitz.
Onus
RealGM
And1: 5,252

Post#68 » by Onus » Sun Sep 20, 2020 11:28 am

Is there a way for us to get reddick?
Most 4th Quarter Points in Final since 1991
1995 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5
2000 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5 (61.1% TS)
2015 Stephen Curry 10.8 (75.1% TS)
1997 Michael Jordan 10.7 (55.1% TS)
1998 Michael Jordan 10.6 (50.6% TS)
2011 Dirk Nowitzki 10.3 (68.0% TS)
Mylie10
RealGM

Post#69 » by Mylie10 » Sun Sep 20, 2020 4:17 pm

Onus wrote:Is there a way for us to get reddick?

This year was the first year he wasn’t in the Playoffs. He’s getting to a point where he doesn’t have a lot of time left to get a ring. He’s also made some pretty good money.

He might be willing to come play with us at a very low cost. I would definitely hit him up, because the way he moves without the ball and obviously shoots it from deep would fit this team really really well.
Khoee wrote “
xdrta+
General Manager
And1: 7,239

Post#70 » by xdrta+ » Sun Sep 20, 2020 4:41 pm

Mylie10 wrote:

This year was the first year he wasn’t in the Playoffs. He’s getting to a point where he doesn’t have a lot of time left to get a ring. He’s also made some pretty good money.

He might be willing to come play with us at a very low cost. I would definitely hit him up, because the way he moves without the ball and obviously shoots it from deep would fit this team really really well.

Think NO wants to dump him? He's under contract next year for $13M.
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,214

Post#71 » by wco81 » Sun Sep 20, 2020 5:31 pm

Why Reddick?

Great shooter but defensive liability.

And the Warriors are going to run off the ball actions for Reddick instead of Steph or Klay?
xdrta+
General Manager

Post#72 » by xdrta+ » Sun Sep 20, 2020 6:39 pm

Anyone like Meyers Leonard? The Heat don't seem to want him anymore, maybe he would sign for the MLE.
Mylie10
RealGM

Post#73 » by Mylie10 » Sun Sep 20, 2020 6:52 pm

wco81 wrote:Why Reddick?

And the Warriors are going to run off the ball actions for Reddick instead of Steph or Klay?

Actually I watched Reddick play defense closely, because I’ve coveted him in the recent years and surprisingly, he’s not as bad as people might think. He works hard and plays pretty good team defense. I wouldn’t let that sway my decision to get him.
Khoee wrote “
Mylie10
RealGM

Post#74 » by Mylie10 » Sun Sep 20, 2020 6:54 pm

xdrta+ wrote:Anyone like Meyers Leonard? The Heat don't seem to want him anymore, maybe he would sign for the MLE.

Sure. He was leading the league in three point shooting at one point. And was starting at center pre bubble. And the Heat were winning, so it’s not like he wasn’t a positive contributor.

Not a great defender, but definitely stretches the floor. I’d want him at vet min.
Khoee wrote “
xdrta+
General Manager

Post#75 » by xdrta+ » Sun Sep 20, 2020 7:03 pm

Mylie10 wrote:
xdrta+ wrote:Anyone like Meyers Leonard? The Heat don't seem to want him anymore, maybe he would sign for the MLE.

Sure. He was leading the league in three point shooting at one point. And was starting at center pre bubble. And the Heat were winning, so it’s not like he wasn’t a positive contributor.

Not a great defender, but definitely stretches the floor. I’d want him at vet min.

I think he'll go a little higher than that.
Onus
RealGM
And1: 5,252

Post#76 » by Onus » Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:08 pm

wco81 wrote:Why Reddick?

The reason for my interest in reddick is so that we can run a similar offense with the starters and the bench regardless of who is in. If we can run 48 minutes of people running around screens for shots that would be great rather than having to change our offense when the bench comes in. It’s about maintaining our style of play if needed. If Steph or klay is out we’ll still be able to run a similar offense.

I’m thinking adding Deni, Dwight, JJ.
Curry/klay/wiggins/draymond/Dwight
Poole/jj/Deni/Paschall/Chriss
Most 4th Quarter Points in Final since 1991
1995 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5
2000 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5 (61.1% TS)
2015 Stephen Curry 10.8 (75.1% TS)
1997 Michael Jordan 10.7 (55.1% TS)
1998 Michael Jordan 10.6 (50.6% TS)
2011 Dirk Nowitzki 10.3 (68.0% TS)
ShayDee
Rookie

Post#77 » by ShayDee » Mon Sep 21, 2020 12:46 am

TPE Rudy Gay MLE Jamychal Green Draft Wiseman

Rudy Gay can be a 3 n D wing off the bench with some defensive assignment and can handle most of the playoff scoring. Green can handle tough defensive assignment like Lebron and AD to give Draymond some rest. Wiseman for obvious reason, another person with length to throw out there and help with some offense at the 5
Mylie10
RealGM

Post#78 » by Mylie10 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 1:53 am

I think Rudy Gay is pretty much done. I wouldn’t spend to much to get him at this point.
Khoee wrote “
AdonalFoyle4Prez
Analyst
And1: 362

Post#79 » by AdonalFoyle4Prez » Mon Sep 21, 2020 4:14 am

TPE: Jonas Valaciunas
MLE: Serge Ibaka
Draft:
Jrue Holiday + JJ Redick + 2020 13th pick for Wiggins + Jordan Poole + 2020 #2 pick + Minny's 2021 1st round pick
Draft Saddiq Bey.
Trade Eric Paschal for late 1st round pick / early 2nd round pick (Draft Desmond Banes)
Trade Looney + All 2020 2nd round picks for early 2nd round pick (Draft Abdoulaye N'Doye)

Curry/Holiday/Bowman
Thompson/Redick/Bane
Bey/N’doye/Tuscano
Green/Ibaka
Valaciunas/Chriss/Smiley

Backcourt is nothing but lights out shooting and decent defense.
Frontcourt has size, defense, okay shooting, and passing.

To me this, this looks like a winner (If this can be pulled off, of course)
cdubbz
RealGM
And1: 2,816

Post#80 » by cdubbz » Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:36 pm

Mylie10 wrote:

Would be great to have a smart shooter off the bench. He’s made good NBA money, but I can always see a team throwing him a big 1 yr contract like Philly did
Kuya wrote: a good agent collects all the data, including quotes to give them leverage in contract deals.

Return to Golden State Warriors