ImageImage

Bucks News, Trade Ideas, Transactions - OFF SEASON EDITION

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

mke_design
Analyst
And1: 2,061

Re: Bucks News, Trade Ideas, Transactions - OFF SEASON EDITION 

Post#81 » by mke_design » Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:51 am

AussieBuck wrote:So last Lasry era gave us Kidd and Monroe. Got to say I'm more than a little worried about the potential for casual fan derp returning to the front office. This is why I like the Paul idea. He's both the name recognition guy and easily better than any teammate Giannis has had.

I mean - Paul is probably the biggest name to get right now (assuming his availability is real) who isn't Anthony Davis in a casuals mind. So it would be logical to be interested.
DavidDunn21 wrote:So please allow me to continue to be the scapegoat for our very rational fears, but just remember that I understand and forgive all of you.
raferfenix
RealGM
And1: 3,520

Post#82 » by raferfenix » Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:55 am

Paul’s team could be talking to the press too.

If their priority is a championship there aren’t many better opportunities than Milwaukee.

Giannis might also add years to CP3’s career. He couldn’t dream of a better target to pass to or a defensive beast to do the dirty work. And then there is the endorsement factor.

Whether the Bucks much less Giannis personally are interested is a different story.
ShootingtheJ
Head Coach
And1: 4,497

Post#83 » by ShootingtheJ » Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:17 am

Bucksfan28 wrote:
skones wrote:
SupremeHustle wrote:Do you guys enjoy treadmills? If so, how about:

PG, Zubac and Lou for Khris Middleton and Eric Bledsoe.

With the way PG played, and the rumblings of the friction with Harrell in game 2. It actually wouldn't surprise me if we weren't able to squeeze Shamet out of this as well. Either way, I wouldn't be made at a deal like this.

Shamet is the guy I want man. We'd be getting our starting SG to run next to Giannis during their primes.

Dont think we need to do a complete upheaval but sending out Bled for him and Bev is where I started in the last thread. Fill in whatever peripheral pieces you'd like.

Shamet can shoot the 3 and defend a little, but Donte is significantly better. Shamet was a replacement level player this year, and invisible during the Clippers 3 straight loss collapse.
mediocrityrules
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,951

Post#84 » by mediocrityrules » Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:23 am

We need a guy who can take the ball down the court, pounding the dribble while having his back to the play before throwing up a really broken looking three ball. I hereby start the campaign to bring back Delly.
Circling calendars since 2021
Bucksfan28
General Manager
And1: 4,918

Post#85 » by Bucksfan28 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:07 am

ShootingtheJ wrote:
Bucksfan28 wrote:
skones wrote:
With the way PG played, and the rumblings of the friction with Harrell in game 2. It actually wouldn't surprise me if we weren't able to squeeze Shamet out of this as well. Either way, I wouldn't be made at a deal like this.

Shamet is the guy I want man. We'd be getting our starting SG to run next to Giannis during their primes.

Dont think we need to do a complete upheaval but sending out Bled for him and Bev is where I started in the last thread. Fill in whatever peripheral pieces you'd like.

Shamet can shoot the 3 and defend a little, but Donte is significantly better. Shamet was a replacement level player this year, and invisible during the Clippers 3 straight loss collapse.

Idk about significantly better, Donte certainly has more dimensions to his game. To me, Shamet is exactly the kind of flamethrowing 3pt shooter you need next to Giannis. Hes young and Bud has a good reputation for player development*.

*Am i sctually remembering that correctly?
MoreTrife wrote:Love seeing two buffoons have a buffoon competition.
skones
RealGM
And1: 17,101

Post#86 » by skones » Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:20 am

Bucksfan28 wrote:
ShootingtheJ wrote:
Bucksfan28 wrote:

Idk about significantly better, Donte certainly has more dimensions to his game. To me, Shamet is exactly the kind of flamethrowing 3pt shooter you need next to Giannis. Hes young and Bud has a good reputation for player development*.

*Am i sctually remembering that correctly?

Donte IS significantly better right now.

With that being said, Shamet has the makings of one of those impossible floor warping spacers that you need to track all over the floor as all times. The only reason he's not entirely untouchable is because he hasn't had that breakout yet, and that breakout isn't a guarantee.
drone3
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,497

Post#87 » by drone3 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:45 am

What are Schroeders pros and cons? Is he actually better than Bled?
midranger
RealGM
And1: 9,939

Post#88 » by midranger » Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:54 am

ShootingtheJ wrote:
Bucksfan28 wrote:
skones wrote:

I love your shtick.
Please reconsider your animal consumption.
Chuck Diesel
RealGM
And1: 11,556

Post#89 » by Chuck Diesel » Thu Sep 17, 2020 3:12 am

raferfenix wrote:Paul’s team could be talking to the press too. a .

I don’t think he is in this instance but that’s an element of this that can’t be overlooked. Any positive thing someone has to say about Chris Paul as a player is true. He’s one of the best point guards ever. There’s also a real life Cliff Paul who runs his own corporation. NBAPA. State Farm. Media partners . Shoes. Except Cliff Paul the enterprise has some of the same “irksome” energy we seen on the court. It was a perfect storm in OKC for him to excel in both personas. The spacing is trickier in Milwaukee.
ShootingtheJ
Head Coach
And1: 4,497

Post#90 » by ShootingtheJ » Thu Sep 17, 2020 3:58 am

midranger wrote:
ShootingtheJ wrote:
Bucksfan28 wrote:

I love your shtick.

?
KidA24
General Manager
And1: 7,148

Post#91 » by KidA24 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:17 am

chonestown wrote:Out: old guys
In: new guys

imo

Out: Bucks
In: Non-Bucks
Amos Barshad: "So you got a job, a place to live, a license? What’s left?"

Giannis: “Nothing. Just get a ring now.”
LuessiT
RealGM
And1: 4,686

Post#92 » by LuessiT » Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:18 am

If CP3 is out, the guys I'm looking at next are CJ McCollum and Kemba. I really want someone who can run the 2 man game with Giannis.
mcfromage
Veteran
And1: 840

Post#93 » by mcfromage » Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:12 am

LuessiT wrote:If CP3 is out, the guys I'm looking at next are CJ McCollum and Kemba. I really want someone who can run the 2 man game with Giannis.

I. Want. Beal.
drone3
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,497

Post#94 » by drone3 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:17 am

Want CP3 or Conley will probably end up with DJ Augustine or Schroeder.
Pachinko_
RealGM
And1: 23,684

Post#95 » by Pachinko_ » Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:44 am

I want Michael Jordan, but young.
Fotis St
General Manager
And1: 2,853

Post#96 » by Fotis St » Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:25 am

Masai Ujiri would just trade for James Harden ... after announcement Giannis & Harden calls and you just shut them up by saying that "Your both Legacy is on the line .... Get to the Finals" and hang up
Draft picks: '15 Jerian Grant, '16 Thon Maker, '17 Isaiah Hartenstein/*John Collins, '18 TD Devonte Graham, Hamidou Diallo, '20 Sam Merrill, Killian Tillie, '21 Joe Wieskamp, '22 TU C.Braun/G.Procida '23 Tristan Vukcevic/Maxwell Lewis
har13
Analyst
And1: 1,520

Post#97 » by har13 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:16 am

Never going to happen lol.

Schroder for Bledsoe and picks

Vucevic, Ross and a pick for Khris and Brook.

Sign Crowder

Mclemore for Pat and a 2 round pick.

Sign a C.

Schroder/ Hill

DDV/Mclemore / Ross

Crowder/ Matthews / Ross

Giannis/ Crowder

Vucevic / Giannis / Someone
#FreeChuckDiesel

Sorry for my english guys. :(

It’s a magical weed.

Fotis St
General Manager
And1: 2,853

Post#98 » by Fotis St » Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:47 am

Whats with all this DDV hype? Where does it come from? It ain't his shooting, it aint his pick n roll plays, what is it? Is it fun to watch a short guard dunk? OK.

Bayless was better than DDV has ever been, at least I remember him shooting the 3 at 40%.

What's Donte? He is 23+ and you are acting like he is 19. He wasn't even a starter at Villanova... how do you suggest to be a starter on a Championship team with Giannis demanding guards hitting the 3 at 40%clip?
Draft picks: '15 Jerian Grant, '16 Thon Maker, '17 Isaiah Hartenstein/*John Collins, '18 TD Devonte Graham, Hamidou Diallo, '20 Sam Merrill, Killian Tillie, '21 Joe Wieskamp, '22 TU C.Braun/G.Procida '23 Tristan Vukcevic/Maxwell Lewis
LuessiT
RealGM
And1: 4,686

Post#99 » by LuessiT » Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:27 am

Fotis St wrote:Whats with all this DDV hype? Where does it come from? It ain't his shooting, it aint his pick n roll plays, what is it? Is it fun to watch a short guard dunk? OK.

Bayless was better than DDV has ever been, at least I remembers him shooting the 3 at 40%.

What's Donte? He is 23+ and you are acting like he is 19. He wasn't even a starter at Villanova... how do you suggest to be a starter on a Championship team with Giannis demanding guards hitting the 3 at 40%clip?

He's #49 in RPM and his advanced stats with Giannis on the floor are nuts. He contributed in a lot more ways than just shooting.
tyland
Veteran
And1: 422

Post#100 » by tyland » Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:29 am

drone3 wrote:Want CP3 or Conley will probably end up with DJ Augustine or Schroeder.
I'd love Augustin off the bench. Would be very handy running pick n roll. I believe he is a very good shooter off the dribble.

Without having Schroeder's stats in front of me, I believe he has had a good year. Is this an outlier or a result of being used differently? I'm intrigued by him, but not as plan A.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk
SAVE OUR BUCKS
Twitter: @thetytimes

Return to Milwaukee Bucks