'Audible Shouting' In Rockets' Locker Room Following Game 4 Loss

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

'Audible Shouting' In Rockets' Locker Room Following Game 4 Loss 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Sat Sep 12, 2020 10:33 pm

There was "audible shouting" in the Houston Rockets' locker room following their game 4 loss to the Los Angeles Lakers, reported Shams Charania of The Athletic.

The Rockets, currently down 3-1 in the series, lost the game 110-100.

“There was audible shouting in the postgame locker room...I’m told Rockets players were holding each other accountable to bring better body language, bring better effort on the floor," according to Charania.

The team found itself in controversy this week, with Danuel House leaving the bubble for the rest of the playoffs. 

Game 5 is on Saturday. 

Via Shams Charania/The Athletic

hyberx
Starter
And1: 384

Re: 'Audible Shouting' In Rockets' Locker Room Following Game 4 Loss 

Post#2 » by hyberx » Sun Sep 13, 2020 4:55 am

I’m told Rockets players were holding each other accountable to bring better body language, bring better effort on the floor

Did that happen on game 5 today?
danfantastk32
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,637

Post#3 » by danfantastk32 » Sun Sep 13, 2020 5:48 am

It doesn't matter. This team is what it is. It's totally built around Harden, who will never deliver. D'antoni won't ever give you that extra genius either. Just go out there, and run into the wall over and over until the series is over. No bag of tricks.

Am I wrong?? I'm not a hater at all...I just don't understand why people think it's gonna be better/different next time. The books been out on Harden, and D'antoni for a while now, and with several different lineups, and all these accolades about 3-point shooting, and offensive efficiency, etc etc. Each year it's something else....but then eventually, it's NOT something else. It's the same ol' same ol'.

I'll give the Clippers credit for one thing: They rode with lob-city for a good 4-5 years, and then the owner saw that it was NEVER going to get it done. So he blew it up. Got rid of EVERYONE. You rarely see that. More teams should try it.

If Houston shipped off Harden, and got a new coach....would many Houston fans get all that upset?? I mean, you really can't pull the old "what could have been" card, can you? Yeah....it's gonna suck for a couple years, and yeah Harden is fun to watch, and tears it up in the regular season...but would you really be 'furious' at the front office?? Or would you all totally get it?

Your team....not my problem. Just my 3-cents worth. But I think everyone has to know by now that Harden, and D'antoni are who they are, and that they won't be getting it done. So they can go back into the locker room and have all the truth-talks they want. It don't matter one bit.

Oh...and I know this is a convenient time to sh** all over Houston, but I truly ain't trying to do that. I just saw this article a minute ago, and rolled my eyes. I woulda said all this same stuff a week ago. A month ago. Last year.
jozef
Sixth Man
And1: 124

Post#4 » by jozef » Sun Sep 13, 2020 6:49 am

It was stupid to dump Capella and bring in Westbrook. Plus Daniel House was missed.
jozef
Sixth Man

Post#5 » by jozef » Sun Sep 13, 2020 6:49 am

It was stupid to dump Capella and bring in Westbrook. Plus Daniel House was missed.
Jedzz
RealGM
And1: 2,506

Post#6 » by Jedzz » Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:19 am

danfantastk32 wrote:It doesn't matter. This team is what it is. It's totally built around Harden, who will never deliver. D'antoni won't ever give you that extra genius either. Just go out there, and run into the wall over and over until the series is over. No bag of tricks.

Am I wrong?? I'm not a hater at all...I just don't understand why people think it's gonna be better/different next time. The books been out on Harden, and D'antoni for a while now, and with several different lineups, and all these accolades about 3-point shooting, and offensive efficiency, etc etc. Each year it's something else....but then eventually, it's NOT something else. It's the same ol' same ol'.

Each year it is something else. Some new superteam rebuilding itself to be unbeatable. It's easy to heckle from the cheap seats when your team inhaled the best basketball player of this era by a large margin, and then added another top 5 player to engage the superteam. If it wasn't GSW adding Durant to an already insurmountable task, now it's a WWE tagteam event with Lebron and AD. The other superteam being the Clippers recently even if they had gotten passed Lakers. Didn't the lakers have to lose for like 8 years or something before Lebron came to save them? Why didn't they reach into a bag of tricks all thpse years and find better ways to win? Or was being content to tank for a while to build up trade assets the trick?

Meanwhile the Rockets have tried a few tweaks all while maintaining a high level of play and wins. Obvious moves like moving Capella out and going smaller. Westbrook incoming. Obiously Chris Paul. They tried to get Butler at one time. If you ask me it seems like pj tucker and gordon had a little too much on their plate .They sure competed at a pretty high level anyway. I do agree maybe they could have tried to have Harden not always be the center of everything for them. But they always won a lot and competed at a high level because of Harden. It's hard to deny that, no matter who was playing with him. Maybe when Chris Paul was there Harden should have allowed him more run. I thought moving Capella out was a mistake. They could have tried adding someone to that team with him.
jozef
Sixth Man

Post#7 » by jozef » Sun Sep 13, 2020 10:52 am

Covington, Tucker, Gordon, House fit with Harden. They need a replacement for Capella and they need to move Westbrook and Rivers.
Batsy
Sophomore
And1: 30

Post#8 » by Batsy » Sun Sep 13, 2020 11:22 am

jozef wrote:It was stupid to dump Capella and bring in Westbrook. Plus Daniel House was missed.

Give them Danuel House, Eddie House, Gregory House they aren't winning that series no matter who they have.
Tamimi
Junior
And1: 30

Post#9 » by Tamimi » Sun Sep 13, 2020 2:28 pm

Batsy wrote:
jozef wrote:It was stupid to dump Capella and bring in Westbrook. Plus Daniel House was missed.

Give them Danuel House, Eddie House, Gregory House they aren't winning that series no matter who they have.

I agree: give them the corner house, the end-of-the-street house and the brand new house to boost and they still wouldn't have made it :)
Badbobby
Sophomore
And1: 187

Post#10 » by Badbobby » Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:22 pm

Jedzz wrote:
danfantastk32 wrote:It doesn't matter. This team is what it is. It's totally built around Harden, who will never deliver. D'antoni won't ever give you that extra genius either. Just go out there, and run into the wall over and over until the series is over. No bag of tricks.

Each year it is something else. Some new superteam rebuilding itself to be unbeatable. It's easy to heckle from the cheap seats when your team inhaled the best basketball player of this era by a large margin, and then added another top 5 player to engage the superteam. If it wasn't GSW adding Durant to an already insurmountable task, now it's a WWE tagteam event with Lebron and AD. The other superteam being the Clippers recently even if they had gotten passed Lakers. Didn't the lakers have to lose for like 8 years or something before Lebron came to save them? Why didn't they reach into a bag of tricks all thpse years and find better ways to win? Or was being content to tank for a while to build up trade assets the trick?

Meanwhile the Rockets have tried a few tweaks all while maintaining a high level of play and wins. Obvious moves like moving Capella out and going smaller. Westbrook incoming. Obiously Chris Paul. They tried to get Butler at one time. If you ask me it seems like pj tucker and gordon had a little too much on their plate .They sure competed at a pretty high level anyway. I do agree maybe they could have tried to have Harden not always be the center of everything for them. But they always won a lot and competed at a high level because of Harden. It's hard to deny that, no matter who was playing with him. Maybe when Chris Paul was there Harden should have allowed him more run. I thought moving Capella out was a mistake. They could have tried adding someone to that team with him.

Rockets have 2 of the past 3 MVPs. Don’t make excuses.
Jedzz
RealGM

Post#11 » by Jedzz » Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:40 pm

Badbobby wrote:
Jedzz wrote:

What excuses? You suggested they try something new and they surely did. How about you just act like your team has been there before and stop expecting us to forget about the Lakers' 2012-2018 incompetence while sitting in your very recently constructed house that Lebron built.
danfantastk32
Assistant Coach

Post#12 » by danfantastk32 » Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:56 pm

Jedzz wrote: What excuses? You suggested they try something new and they surely did. How about you just act like your team has been there before and stop expecting us to forget about the Lakers' 2012-2018 incompetence while sitting in your very recently constructed house that Lebron built.

This has nothing to do with the Lakers. Don't even worry about them. Your making a juvenile attempt at a misdirect. This is about whether or not Harden and D'antoni have the goods, and whether a little "air clearing" makes a difference. Sounds like it doesn't matter: D'antoni is moving on.

Gather all ye Houston faithful. Harden just needs a new coach....thats it. Next year's gonna be different.
Jedzz
RealGM

Post#13 » by Jedzz » Sun Sep 13, 2020 9:02 pm

danfantastk32 wrote:
Jedzz wrote: What excuses? You suggested they try something new and they surely did. How about you just act like your team has been there before and stop expecting us to forget about the Lakers' 2012-2018 incompetence while sitting in your very recently constructed house that Lebron built.

This has nothing to do with the Lakers. Don't even worry about them. Your making a juvenile attempt at a misdirect. This is about whether or not Harden and D'antoni have the goods, and whether a little "air clearing" makes a difference. Sounds like it doesn't matter: D'antoni is moving on.

Gather all ye Houston faithful. Harden just needs a new coach....thats it. Next year's gonna be different.

So what you are saying is, Houston needs to get their own Lebron and let him build a new team for them.
danfantastk32
Assistant Coach

Post#14 » by danfantastk32 » Sun Sep 13, 2020 9:07 pm

Jedzz wrote:So what you are saying is, Houston needs to get their own Lebron and let him build a new team for them.

Your obsession...not mine. None of this had anything to do with the Lakers. You can keep trying to go back there, in an attempt to ignore the original point. Be my guest.

Harden is what Harden is. D'antoni is what D'antoni is. Locker room speeches are pointless. Game 5 sorta showed that.
Jedzz
RealGM

Post#15 » by Jedzz » Sun Sep 13, 2020 10:01 pm

danfantastk32 wrote:
Jedzz wrote:So what you are saying is, Houston needs to get their own Lebron and let him build a new team for them.

Your obsession...not mine. None of this had anything to do with the Lakers. You can keep trying to go back there, in an attempt to ignore the original point. Be my guest.

Harden is what Harden is. D'antoni is what D'antoni is. Locker room speeches are pointless. Game 5 sorta showed that.

Who's working on an obsession here exactly?
danfantastk32
Assistant Coach

Post#16 » by danfantastk32 » Sun Sep 13, 2020 10:43 pm

Jedzz wrote: Who's working on an obsession here exactly?

lol...just staying on topic is all. Your really bad at this. You have a good weekend, Im movin on.
Badbobby
Sophomore
And1: 187

Post#17 » by Badbobby » Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:21 am

Jedzz wrote:
Badbobby wrote:
Jedzz wrote:

What excuses? You suggested they try something new and they surely did. How about you just act like your team has been there before and stop expecting us to forget about the Lakers' 2012-2018 incompetence while sitting in your very recently constructed house that Lebron built.

I didn’t suggest anything other than you stop making excuses. I came into this thread late. All I read is a whole bunch of excuses from you about the star power on the Lakers. Rockets got star power too

Return to Wiretap Discussion