Get Jrue to the Nets

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

NoZoLakers
General Manager
And1: 3,358

Re: Get Jrue to the Nets 

Post#21 » by NoZoLakers » Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:10 pm

Papi_swav wrote:
NoZoLakers wrote:
Papi_swav wrote:Did you miss Allen ?

no, he has no Value to Nop who has Hayes

This is going based off the original post up above. So according to you Nets don't have the assets to get Jrue either way.

they do just not the pkg your offering, Prince is negative asset, Dinwindie, Musa and Allen dont do much for Nop to me....maybe they might like levert and play him at the 2
Papi_swav
General Manager
And1: 4,232

Post#22 » by Papi_swav » Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:03 am

NoZoLakers wrote:
Papi_swav wrote:
NoZoLakers wrote:no, he has no Value to Nop who has Hayes

This is going based off the original post up above. So according to you Nets don't have the assets to get Jrue either way.

they do just not the pkg your offering, Prince is negative asset, Dinwindie, Musa and Allen dont do much for Nop to me....maybe they might like levert and play him at the 2

Maybe, I feel like they would want Dinwiddie more because he's more of a point guard. Unless they want another scorer, they have Ingram on the wing. It's either Din or Levert, not both.
NoZoLakers
General Manager
And1: 3,358

Post#23 » by NoZoLakers » Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:27 am

Papi_swav wrote:
NoZoLakers wrote:
Papi_swav wrote:This is going based off the original post up above. So according to you Nets don't have the assets to get Jrue either way.

Maybe, I feel like they would want Dinwiddie more because he's more of a point guard. Unless they want another scorer, they have Ingram on the wing. It's either Din or Levert, not both.

they have a pgnin Zo, Dinwiddie is a scoring guard to me
patman66
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,361

Post#24 » by patman66 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:43 am

Papi_swav wrote:Dinwiddie, Allen, Prince, Musa for Jrue and Hayes or Hart. 3 team trades is a little tough for me.

Prince takes away all the value from dinwiddie as he will opt out unless he get injured. So your asking for jrue and hayes for Allen. Jrue is a top 25 ball player. there are going to be 3 or 4 teams interested. Allen in his last contract year does not have anywhere near that value. Dinwiddie wont even start over ball.

You are looking at #1, Levert and allen and Dinwiddie. The pelicans will find a team for Hayes and try to get another 1st.
Wolveswin
Head Coach
And1: 2,483

Post#25 » by Wolveswin » Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:38 am

Warriors Give: #2 + Looney + Smailagic
Warriors Get: Allen + LeVert (via Iggy TPE) + #13 + #19 (or Nets future 1st)
Warriors Reasoning: I am not a fan of Holiday in San Francisco, so they facilitate him to Brooklyn. Allen is fitting center and LeVert is either retained, or now becomes non-negative-Wiggins trade salary attached to Wolves 1st + #13 + #19.

Pelicans Give: Holiday + #13
Pelicans Get: #2 + Prince
Pelicans Reasoning: consolidation trade up to #2. Ball or Edwards I suppose.

Nets Give: LeVert + Allen + Prince + #19
Nets Get: Holiday + Looney + Smailagic
Nets Reasoning: get Holiday.

If Nets need a little more value, send Smailagic to Pelicans and say Hart? to Nets.
Smirk
Starter
And1: 1,594

Post#26 » by Smirk » Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:15 pm

Wolveswin wrote:Warriors Give: #2 + Looney + Smailagic
Warriors Reasoning: I am not a fan of Holiday in San Francisco, so they facilitate him to Brooklyn. Allen is fitting center and LeVert is either retained, or now becomes non-negative-Wiggins trade salary attached to Wolves 1st + #13 + #19.

If Nets need a little more value, send Smailagic to Pelicans and say Hart? to Nets.

So the Pelicans give up Holiday to move up 11 spots in a terrible draft, and gain Prince whose a negative in value, neutral at best.

No. If Holiday is traded this offseason, I think people are going to be SHOCKED at the value he gets.
vincecarter4pres
RealGM
And1: 3,432

Post#27 » by vincecarter4pres » Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:29 pm

Smirk wrote:

So the Pelicans give up Holiday to move up 11 spots in a terrible draft, and gain Prince whose a negative in value, neutral at best.

No. If Holiday is traded this offseason, I think people are going to be SHOCKED at the value he gets.

Wait, so the #2 overall pick, moving back 6 spots to the 19th and a whatever small contract of a mediocre player isn't shocking value?

Like then what would be shocking, the Mavs deal Luka for him lol?

Maybe the Hawks give up Trae Young?

OKC deals all the unprotected Clippers picks and SGA for him?

Portland sends Lillard for him?

Jrue is a really good player, super underrated and unappreciated, personally I rank him top 35. But he's an expiring, is getting up there in age, etc. Maybe Pels overvalue his actual value and they get stuck holding the bag and he walks and maybe they're fine with that. I just don't see how anything could be more shocking then something like the quoted package for him though, no matter what you think of this draft.
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
Wolveswin
Head Coach
And1: 2,483

Post#28 » by Wolveswin » Thu Sep 17, 2020 3:22 pm

Smirk wrote:

Not to be confrontational being we are all just spitting opinions here, I think you might be shocked if getting into top 3 from 13 using Holiday isn’t massive value.

Holiday as potential expiring contract, age (meaning not appealing to teams looking for core addition), and fact salary matching is needed from all but like 2 teams (meaning other team has to send something out)...he may have peaked in value last offseason. If for certain teams (championship caliber) he would waive his PO...maybe increases his value for Pelicans.
Euphonetiks
Pro Prospect
And1: 333

Post#29 » by Euphonetiks » Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:17 pm

Papi_swav wrote:
NoZoLakers wrote:
Papi_swav wrote:This is going based off the original post up above. So according to you Nets don't have the assets to get Jrue either way.

I think the Pels would much rather Levert and the only way Jrue gets moved to Brooklyn involves Levert going out. I do not believe they thinkl of Levert as a long term piece, but if the Pels can enhance his perimeter shot and shot selection like they did with Lonzo and BI, then he becomes a very nice asset next offseason with reasonable salary locked up for two years.
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#30 » by Prokorov » Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:53 pm

Smirk wrote:
NoZoLakers wrote:Allen, 23' pick to boston for salary fillers and both their late 1st
the 2 late boston 1st rd to Pelicans

LOL at thinking the Pelicans would do this for Jrue Holiday.

No one thinks the Pelicans would do this. its just based off that tweet.

We have, for over a month now, discussed a Jrue trade and the consensus is we don't really have pieces that make sense for NO and a multi-team trade is more likely. Some homers here dont want to give up Levert, but the level headed fans would all give up some package of:

Levert or Dinwiddie
Allen
#19, future protected 1st
Musa and/or Kurucs
Cash

I think Dinwiddie (or Levert), Allen, #19, Heavily protected future first is about right for Jrue base on his age, contract, and prior trades we've seen over the years.
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#31 » by Prokorov » Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:58 pm

Euphonetiks wrote:
Papi_swav wrote:
NoZoLakers wrote:they do just not the pkg your offering, Prince is negative asset, Dinwindie, Musa and Allen dont do much for Nop to me....maybe they might like levert and play him at the 2

I think the Pels would much rather Levert and the only way Jrue gets moved to Brooklyn involves Levert going out. I do not believe they thinkl of Levert as a long term piece, but if the Pels can enhance his perimeter shot and shot selection like they did with Lonzo and BI, then he becomes a very nice asset next offseason with reasonable salary locked up for two years.

I'm not sure who would value Levert over the #2 pick. it would be near impossible not to do better at #2, even in a weak draft

you would be getting a guy 5 years younger, on a rookie deal, with more years on the deal, who likely doesnt have Leverts injury history/risk.

And it really shouldnt be too tough to match 18 points on 18 shots and 50 TS% for someone taken top 3 in any draft. Yeah you could Bust, but you could also bust with levert who has shown he doesnt produce much when not the #1 option and always missed like 30 gaems
patman66
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,361

Post#32 » by patman66 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:12 pm

Papi_swav wrote:
NoZoLakers wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
Hayes wont work. he has similar or more value to allen. he is 75% of what Allen is now, younger, with more term left on his contract. Hart could work.

whats in it for Nop for eating Prince contract? thye're about to max out Ingram and those 2 play same position

What's in it is a guy that can knock the 3 down pretty well and play decent 1 on 1 man defense. Prince is a slight overpay but he's only making 13M per , not 20M. He can also come off the bench or play the 4 in smaller lineups next to Ingram . He's more of a salary filler in this situation for Jrue.

that is some fat filler, 13 mill to be the 3rd guy behind Inrgram and reddick.
R-DAWG
RealGM
And1: 5,009

Post#33 » by R-DAWG » Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:15 pm

Jrue is an excellent fit as the 3rd option next to KD/Kyrie. He can be a 3 and D type that can create offense when needed when KD/Kyrie are out of the game or need a night off. Elite defender who can defend multiple positions and average 3 point shooter, who could potentially see his efficiency pick up off the ball.

Problem is, I don't think the Nets trade pieces match up with New Orleans needs. Does Caris LaVert fit on a team that has Brandon Ingram and Zion Williamson (along with Lonzo Ball). Personally, I don't love the fit and think New Orleans would be better served with a Buddy Hield type. Jaxson Hayes and Jared Allen are very similar types of players. Dinwiddee is a downgrade from Holiday, does not necessarily fit the timeline, and only has 1 year left on his deal.
Euphonetiks
Pro Prospect
And1: 333

Post#34 » by Euphonetiks » Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:32 pm

Prokorov wrote:
Euphonetiks wrote:
Papi_swav wrote:Maybe, I feel like they would want Dinwiddie more because he's more of a point guard. Unless they want another scorer, they have Ingram on the wing. It's either Din or Levert, not both.

I'm not sure who would value Levert over the #2 pick. it would be near impossible not to do better at #2, even in a weak draft

you would be getting a guy 5 years younger, on a rookie deal, with more years on the deal, who likely doesnt have Leverts injury history/risk.

And it really shouldnt be too tough to match 18 points on 18 shots and 50 TS% for someone taken top 3 in any draft. Yeah you could Bust, but you could also bust with levert who has shown he doesnt produce much when not the #1 option and always missed like 30 gaems

Well, in the proposed scenario, apparently the Warriors would right? But my post was stating that the Pels would greatly prefer Levert in the deal than Dinwiddie in response to someone saying otherwise.

I think what you said before is the trade, but I am saying the Pels will insist on Levert over Dinwiddie with the idea that they can cultivate him into a more valuable asset for next offseason:
I think Dinwiddie (or Levert), Allen, #19, Heavily protected future first is about right for Jrue base on his age, contract, and prior trades we've seen over the years.

Return to Trades and Transactions