ImageImageImageImageImage

Russ & CP3 in the Garden

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

NoLayupRule
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 10,871

Re: Russ & CP3 in the Garden 

Post#21 » by NoLayupRule » Thu Sep 17, 2020 3:29 am

StayWokeNChoke wrote:https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2909328-nba-execs-weigh-in-on-potential-harden-westbrook-trades-for-houston-rockets

CP3 for a poo poo platter of NYK FA & Draft mistakes? Russ for a bag of balls?

Who says no?!

its not how I would build a team and its not likely to happen

however Paul and Westbrook are two of the most competitive players in the game and that level of intensity and skill would be pretty damn refreshing to see in a knicks uniform

moreover I believe they could actually play together

if Westbrook and Harden can play together then Westbrook and Paul sure could
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,111

Post#22 » by moocow007 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 3:40 am

dakomish23 wrote:
nyk2017 wrote:The Knicks are not in any risk of contention the next 2 years. At this point, trading away anything of value including Knox, DSJr, Frank or even 2nd round picks for Harden, Westbrook or Paul would be a huge error. I'd rather see them offer a max contract to Ingram. Harden and Westbrook have not shown the ability to win championships and Paul would mostly be here to mentor. Paul can't be a mentor if there are no young players to mentor.

But then again, these are the Knicks, so stupid things are what we do...

You wouldn’t trade Knox Frank DSJ or even 2nd round picks for James Harden?
Harden couldn't lead the Rockets to a championship that basically only 3 guys have done in the past 10 years so he stinks?

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app
StayWokeNChoke
Ballboy
And1: 1

Post#23 » by StayWokeNChoke » Thu Sep 17, 2020 3:44 am

NoLayupRule wrote:
StayWokeNChoke wrote:https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2909328-nba-execs-weigh-in-on-potential-harden-westbrook-trades-for-houston-rockets

Who says no?!

however Paul and Westbrook are two of the most competitive players in the game and that level of intensity and skill would be pretty damn refreshing to see in a knicks uniform

It's an immediate quick fix to get into the playoffs with few if any assets going out (Frank, Knox, DSJ are NOT assets)

Hard to see Rose going into the season with this same roster because there will be opportunities to buy extremely low on bad contracts. If the cap is flat or even down, there will be a massive crush on tax teams.
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,396

Post#24 » by dakomish23 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 3:48 am

moocow007 wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:
nyk2017 wrote:The Knicks are not in any risk of contention the next 2 years. At this point, trading away anything of value including Knox, DSJr, Frank or even 2nd round picks for Harden, Westbrook or Paul would be a huge error. I'd rather see them offer a max contract to Ingram. Harden and Westbrook have not shown the ability to win championships and Paul would mostly be here to mentor. Paul can't be a mentor if there are no young players to mentor.

Harden couldn't lead the Rockets to a championship that basically only 3 guys have done in the past 10 years so he stinks?

Apparently.

I’m the captain of team build the foundation first, but my long term approach always has the caveat of big fish. Harden’s one of the biggest. If they put him on the market, 29 teams call. I actually think he’d be a great fit with RJ & Mitch
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
matchman
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,882

Post#25 » by matchman » Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:19 am

Hey Westbrook can go to Brooklyn to chill and all stuff.
Are you fans of the team or the player?
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#26 » by moocow007 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:29 am

dakomish23 wrote:
moocow007 wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:

Apparently.

I’m the captain of team build the foundation first, but my long term approach always has the caveat of big fish. Harden’s one of the biggest. If they put him on the market, 29 teams call. I actually think he’d be a great fit with RJ & Mitch
Agreed. If the Knicks can get Harden for just what is being bantered about in this hypothetical that they'd be nuts to pass.

nyk2017
Pro Prospect
And1: 765

Post#27 » by nyk2017 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:09 am

dakomish23 wrote:

If Houston is going to trade Harden, it basically means they are rebuilding. If they are rebuilding, they are going to want way more than Knox, Frank, DSJr, 2nd round picks. They are going to want more than what Clippers gave up for Paul George. Maybe 3-4 1st round picks and others. Would that be worth it???
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,625

Post#28 » by HarthorneWingo » Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:47 am

IB4TL
Free Palestine
Reign23
RealGM
And1: 11,032

Post#29 » by Reign23 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:50 am

I get the logic behind trading for CP3. He is a good fit, makes the young players better and can shoot. but westbrook is the worst player you can imagine alongside RJ...
formerly known as knickst4pe
sol537
RealGM
And1: 5,074

Post#30 » by sol537 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:32 pm

I'd take CP3 and Russ on if both teams unload massive amounts of picks our way in the process. Otherwise, they can kick rocks.

CP3 / Russ / RJ / Mitch would be fun to watch for a few seasons as we sit on a massive mountain of picks.
Zenzibar
General Manager
And1: 8,365

Post#31 » by Zenzibar » Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:50 pm

dakomish23 wrote:

Hmmm, believe it or not, gonna pass on that one. Prefer to draft my own.

Stop All Genocides
DaGawd
RealGM
And1: 43,890

Post#32 » by DaGawd » Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:52 pm

sol537 wrote:I'd take CP3 and Russ on if both teams unload massive amounts of picks our way in the process. Otherwise, they can kick rocks.

CP3 / Russ / RJ / Mitch would be fun to watch for a few seasons as we sit on a massive mountain of picks.

The floor spacing tho...
BaF
Washington Wizards
Zenzibar
General Manager

Post#33 » by Zenzibar » Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:53 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:IB4TL

Can I help?

Stop All Genocides
BKlutch
RealGM
And1: 13,368
Location: A new land of openness, freedom, and defense for all.

Post#34 » by BKlutch » Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:54 pm

KNIXFAN_83 wrote:All this means is this offseason everyone is on the table but Lebron and AD. The Knicks have the most picks, all their youth, have a top 10 coach, and have large amounts of cap space. We shall see...

But Fisher, Hornacek, and Fizdale all had hot looking wives. Thibs is just a bacheler and the only thing he brings to the Knicks is good coaching. We may play better, but there are going to be one hell of a lot fewer great drool-worthy photos on this board.

Offense propelled by our Brunson Burner. Defense powered by OG, our after-burner.

Zenzibar
General Manager

Post#35 » by Zenzibar » Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:02 pm

NoLayupRule wrote:

Who says no?!

Westbrook is on the decline and CP3 is older than the O'Jays. So you want to give up ALL our future for them?

Stop All Genocides
EricAnderson
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,180

Post#36 » by EricAnderson » Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:08 pm

Insane but so Knicks like to go all in to make a run as a low seeded playoff team.

build through the draft. We have literally next to nothing to build around on this team. RJ maybe but his ceiling is not close to a franchise player. We need to get some young building blocks.

As someone said the only possible way I’d even pick up the phone to entertain any of these ideas is if we got something that will never happen like unprotected picks and pick swaps for the next decade. But that’s not gonna happen.
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 50,214

Post#37 » by Deeeez Knicks » Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:12 pm

This would be a disaster
Mavs
C: Timelord | Paul Reed | M Brown
PF: Sabonis | Lauri Markkanen
SF: Lebron | Lauri Markkanen
SG: DWhite | Lonnie Walker | Shake | Ty Jerome
PG: VanFleet | Tre Jones | Rose | Deuce
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,396

Post#38 » by dakomish23 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:14 pm

nyk2017 wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:

If Houston is going to trade Harden, it basically means they are rebuilding. If they are rebuilding, they are going to want way more than Knox, Frank, DSJr, 2nd round picks. They are going to want more than what Clippers gave up for Paul George. Maybe 3-4 1st round picks and others. Would that be worth it???

I was addressing your specific comment
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
NYKAL
General Manager
And1: 2,157

Post#39 » by NYKAL » Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:16 pm

I wouldn't want Russ on this team and CP3 is just too expensive. IF they were willing to give US a pick then I might be able to stomach it. Him staying healthy is too big of an if.
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#40 » by moocow007 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:25 pm

Zenzibar wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:

Hmmm, believe it or not, gonna pass on that one. Prefer to draft my own.

Draft your won Knox, Frank and DSJ? That should be easy.

Return to New York Knicks