ImageImageImage

It's only been about 5 years...

Moderators: KingDavid, BFRESH44, MettaWorldPanda, heat4life, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ

IggieCC
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 239,684

Re: It's only been about 5 years... 

Post#21 » by IggieCC » Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:20 am

Dr_Heat wrote:IN

:rock:

3rd best winnng%(73.3%) + most wins(11w) = best true winning % OP
Sole Multiple Banner Holder of 2021-2022 SZN. FACTS
heat4life
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 6,258

Post#22 » by heat4life » Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:25 pm

BFO wrote:I was thinking about this place for some reason today and thought I'd stick my head in and see if any of the old-timers are still around. I was on here mostly from around 2004-2010 then only popped in from time to time thereafter. It was a great place and hopefully it's still amazing to another generation of Heat people.

Some of the old crew I remember are Lane, BballFreak, Heat4life, Cracker, Mopper, Cheez, Flash, Twix, Owen....probably messed up half these names but it's been a few years. Would love if you blokes are still lurking to pop up and say hi. To anyone I missed, apologies but still say hi please.

Been loving this version of the Heat this season and with full lockdown in Melbourne, Australia I've been able to catch every damn game. Hopefully this run continues....we have a very, very enjoyable team that might do something very special this season.

To the current mods; I hope this doesn't clutter the board and fits ok with what you're currently doing.

Let's go Heat!

Que pasa BFO!

Let's bring the band back together for this run! :rock:
ROAD TO THE CHAMPIONSHIP
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 79,008

Post#23 » by DayofMourning » Thu Sep 17, 2020 3:00 pm

Don't worry fellas, BFO will reply to all of you, in five more years;)
BFO
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 49

Post#24 » by BFO » Wed Sep 23, 2020 1:35 pm

HIF wrote:
BFO wrote:I was thinking about this place for some reason today and thought I'd stick my head in and see if any of the old-timers are still around. I was on here mostly from around 2004-2010 then only popped in from time to time thereafter. It was a great place and hopefully it's still amazing to another generation of Heat people.

Some of the old crew I remember are Lane, BballFreak, Heat4life, Cracker, Mopper, Cheez, Flash, Twix, Owen....probably messed up half these names but it's been a few years. Would love if you blokes are still lurking to pop up and say hi. To anyone I missed, apologies but still say hi please.

Been loving this version of the Heat this season and with full lockdown in Melbourne, Australia I've been able to catch every damn game. Hopefully this run continues....we have a very, very enjoyable team that might do something very special this season.

To the current mods; I hope this doesn't clutter the board and fits ok with what you're currently doing.

Let's go Heat!

How could you forget me BFO?

Your little one must be pretty big now.

Man she started high-school this year and almost a teenager. You've got a good memory!
BFO
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#25 » by BFO » Wed Sep 23, 2020 1:35 pm

HIF wrote:

Let's go Heat!

How could you forget me BFO?

Your little one must be pretty big now.

Man she started high-school this year and almost a teenager. You've got a good memory!
BFO
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#26 » by BFO » Wed Sep 23, 2020 1:37 pm

DayofMourning wrote:Don't worry fellas, BFO will reply to all of you, in five more years;)

Not far off :lol:
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,574

Post#27 » by BadMofoPimp » Thu Sep 24, 2020 2:13 am

Still lurk here every game, but don't feel the need to post as the posters here are so entertaining that I cannot top what most have to say. Good humor and entertainment, lol.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
3ballbomber
General Manager
And1: 10,027

Post#28 » by 3ballbomber » Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:28 am

Let's go Heat!

You in Melbs too? How you coping? Dan has us like inmates...
Championship teams experience adversities. We in that process. Started gm1. Remember this time. Remember this pain. Our time is coming...

Built the right way. Play the right way. Win the right way . .

Virtue, Ethics & Honor
Dr_Heat
RealGM
And1: 96,866

Post#29 » by Dr_Heat » Fri Sep 25, 2020 6:25 pm

It’s a pleasure to see some posters back here
Dr_Heat wrote: Oof
kyphi
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 16,596

Post#30 » by kyphi » Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:00 am

Just checking in to see if this board was as awesome as it used to be. It is ~
BFO
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#31 » by BFO » Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:31 am

3ballbomber wrote:

Let's go Heat!

Yeah mate, out Ringwood way. It's nuts isn't it. Hopefully we'll be released soon.
BIRDMAN BIRDMAN
Head Coach
And1: 2,350

Post#32 » by BIRDMAN BIRDMAN » Mon Sep 28, 2020 1:00 pm

Not that of old-timer as some of you are, but dropping by to say, F YEAH. LETS GO HEAT!!
:hug:
BFO
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#33 » by BFO » Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:41 am

I'll just pop in during championship years!
GameTime_3
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,051

Post#34 » by GameTime_3 » Tue Sep 29, 2020 6:44 pm

Only been 5 years? We getting old.

5 years ago I didn't think Spo was the answer. I was wrong. He has improved and HEAT culture.
kyphi
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 16,596

Post#35 » by kyphi » Sun Oct 4, 2020 8:34 pm

I pop in when the team is relevant and started following the team when Riley signed Zo. Before that, I cut my teeth watching Bill Russell and the Celtics dominate.
vanhowell
Senior
And1: 687

Post#36 » by vanhowell » Mon Oct 5, 2020 10:53 am

Full time lurker here. Good to see some old fellas popping up again. Let’s Go Heat!!
To succeed, attitude is equally as important as ability.
HIF
RealGM
And1: 6,854

Post#37 » by HIF » Sat Oct 10, 2020 8:30 am

GameTime_3 wrote:Only been 5 years? We getting old.

5 years ago I didn't think Spo was the answer. I was wrong. He has improved and HEAT culture.

Oh how you gave me a hard time for defending Spo!
I remember when the Dolphins were perennial contenders

Only Fans are Heatlifers. I am a Heatlifer :banghead:
HeatFanSince87
Assistant Coach
And1: 758

Post#38 » by HeatFanSince87 » Tue Oct 13, 2020 2:37 pm

What the heck, I'm back too. I been using Twatter for years as my NBA/Heat/Sports "forum" but over time it's become more and more toxic of a place (At least IMO), I deactivated my account.

Kinda stinks I missed out on being in here during what was the 03-04 run on Steroids and HGH(like Bron is), but regardless I'll be back more. I started on this site back when I think "NBA Talk" was purchased by RealGM, granted I'm not sure if that's what happened but I remember that's where I started back in the late 90s then ended up on here.
heat4life
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 6,258

Post#39 » by heat4life » Tue Oct 13, 2020 4:04 pm

HeatFanSince87 wrote:What the heck, I'm back too. I been using Twatter for years as my NBA/Heat/Sports "forum" but over time it's become more and more toxic of a place (At least IMO), I deactivated my account.

Kinda stinks I missed out on being in here during what was the 03-04 run on Steroids and HGH(like Bron is), but regardless I'll be back more. I started on this site back when I think "NBA Talk" was purchased by RealGM, granted I'm not sure if that's what happened but I remember that's where I started back in the late 90s then ended up on here.

Good to hear from you HFS87. I also was a SportsTalk.com migrant. Actually ESPN bought SportsTalk.com and their forums were trash. At that time RealGM was an up-and-coming site with THE ONLY trade machine available on the internet. SportTalk.com used the trade machine as a reference all the time. Then ESPN buys that platform and many users migrated to RealGM forums while others suffered to years of pain with ESPN and their garbage. RealGM was and still is a well moderated site and has built a community of solid contributors throughout the years. Even Jonathan Givony (CheezeDoodle) was a RealGMer and frequent poster in the Heat forums before he built DraftExpress and became a ESPN draft expert.

Good to see some old timers in here.
ROAD TO THE CHAMPIONSHIP
3ballbomber
General Manager
And1: 10,027

Post#40 » by 3ballbomber » Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:11 pm

BFO wrote:
3ballbomber wrote:

Let's go Heat!

Yeah mate, out Ringwood way. It's nuts isn't it. Hopefully we'll be released soon.

I'm sth east way also.

Over it all.
Championship teams experience adversities. We in that process. Started gm1. Remember this time. Remember this pain. Our time is coming...

Built the right way. Play the right way. Win the right way . .

Virtue, Ethics & Honor

Return to Miami Heat