Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

KGdaBom
RealGM
And1: 4,801

Re: The Jarred Vanderbilt Thread 

Post#21 » by KGdaBom » Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:22 am

Nick K wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:That is amazing.
winforlose wrote:Just got a triple double in Iowa. He only scored 12, but he had 18 boards and 11 assists.

Sent from my SM-N970U using RealGM mobile app

No surprise to me. I thought he could be a true diamond in the rough when we got him in the trade with Denver. I still love Nowell too who played mostly G League last year.

Maybe they think Vanderbilt can be the guy next to Towns instead of OO.

I doubt that Vanderbilt will be better than OO, but we can dream.
Nick K
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,948

Post#22 » by Nick K » Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:36 am

minimus wrote:
TheZachAttack wrote:Anyone got highlights? The assists are interesting. Easy stereo type but if he function as a Draymond type...

How do we use him?

Not a very detailed video, but...

IMO his assists and rebounds are more result of system/role. I mean he is a willingness passer and gifted rebounder, but not an NBA level player, not yet. For instance, last game he had 11 assists and 6 TOs. I like his shooting form though, it might be a good foundation for consistent 3pt shot. He is a good athlete, but not an exceptional one, although he has a very good hands, plus he has a non stop motor.

He looks like an exceptional athlete to me. Did you see him dribble the ball at full speed while running the floor? Finishes with either hand. Good passer. Moves very well without the ball. I need to see him shoot more though.

We didn't see much in that clip but he defends the rim and rebounds very well. I am very high on him.
minimus
RealGM
And1: 3,713

Post#23 » by minimus » Fri Sep 18, 2020 5:53 am

Nick K wrote:
minimus wrote:
TheZachAttack wrote:Anyone got highlights? The assists are interesting. Easy stereo type but if he function as a Draymond type...

How do we use him?

IMO his assists and rebounds are more result of system/role. I mean he is a willingness passer and gifted rebounder, but not an NBA level player, not yet. For instance, last game he had 11 assists and 6 TOs. I like his shooting form though, it might be a good foundation for consistent 3pt shot. He is a good athlete, but not an exceptional one, although he has a very good hands, plus he has a non stop motor.

He looks like an exceptional athlete to me. Did you see him dribble the ball at full speed while running the floor? Finishes with either hand. Good passer. Moves very well without the ball. I need to see him shoot more though.

We didn't see much in that clip but he defends the rim and rebounds very well. I am very high on him.

Yes, he is quick, mobile and fluid athlete. When I say not exceptional I mean he is not a crazy athlete like Aaron Gordon. He also needs to improve his lower body strength, core strength and his legs were skinny. Maybe he has already improved his body enough this offseason, in order to prevent injuries and play against NBA players. His upper body was already well developed. Now he needs to hit open 3pt shots from corners and be able to stay on the floor heathy. I think he has everything to succeed.
minimus
RealGM
And1: 3,713

Post#24 » by minimus » Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:21 pm

Klomp wrote:Bottom right

My bad. Taptalk layout shows only first photo.
KGdaBom
RealGM
And1: 4,801

Post#25 » by KGdaBom » Fri Sep 18, 2020 3:23 pm

Nick K wrote:
minimus wrote:

How do we use him?

He's an excellent passer for a big.
Jedzz
RealGM
And1: 2,506

Post#26 » by Jedzz » Sat Sep 19, 2020 6:57 pm

Klomp wrote:
Jedzz wrote:
winforlose wrote:We have a lot of intriguing young players I would love to see reach their potential. If you can get Nowell and Naz shooting 3s at a higher percentage and pair them with Jmac and Vanderbilt that would be a very interesting lineup. Throw in Okogie or Culver and you have a true youth bench lineup.

Sadly they are all likely going to be gone after drafting three players and other moves.

Not likely

yeah? which ones you see as staying and of those which will actually play?
Nick K
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,948

Post#27 » by Nick K » Sat Sep 19, 2020 10:29 pm

Jedzz wrote:
Klomp wrote:
Jedzz wrote:
Sadly they are all likely going to be gone after drafting three players and other moves.

Not likely

yeah? which ones you see as staying and of those which will actually play?

It's too soon to tell right now. The great thing is that we're accumulating a lot of good talent.

I expect Rosas to trade any number of guys to balance things out.

The guys I think we keep are... Towns, Russell, Beasley (might be traded), Layman, Culver, Okogie (might be traded), Vanderbilt, Reed, Nowell and McLaughlin (hoping) and 3 draft picks.
Baseline81
Starter
And1: 1,261

Post#28 » by Baseline81 » Sun Sep 27, 2020 12:05 am

Maybe we will see some of Vanderbilt this upcoming season:
Read on Twitter
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,852

Post#29 » by Klomp » Sun Sep 27, 2020 11:17 am

Baseline81 wrote:Maybe we will see some of Vanderbilt this upcoming season:
Read on Twitter

I think James Johnson has been a perfect mentor for him. Somewhat similar profile, yet with key differences that James can help Jarred with.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves