Post#22 » by ejftw » Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:14 pm

It's almost criminal how underappreciated and rated Zu has become
nickhx2
RealGM
And1: 6,293

Re: New Center 

Post#23 » by nickhx2 » Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:18 pm

ejftw wrote:It's almost criminal how underappreciated and rated Zu has become

agree. basketball has come such a long way in the age of advanced stats and analytics. i think that's generally more than enough to see how valuable he is to the team.
James2000
Sophomore
And1: 27

Post#24 » by James2000 » Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:43 pm

Here is the question... I understood that zubac is developing but let's look at this.... Game 5 and Game 6 he played at least 30 minutes each game and scored a total points of 7 combined in two games. I understand completely if this was the regular season but this is where money is supposed to be made.

I am not advocating trading him and more so, Harrell needs to be traded. However, this offseason he needs to be in the camp with the dream or some of the other games great big man.
Joshuan3
Senior
And1: 178

Post#25 » by Joshuan3 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 1:46 pm

Nerlens Noel and/or Bismack Biyombo would be perfect
James2000
Sophomore

Post#26 » by James2000 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 2:47 pm

Are they free agents? Also what would be the perfect trade?
MartinToVaught
RealGM
And1: 17,187

Post#27 » by MartinToVaught » Mon Sep 21, 2020 2:52 pm

This. I've said this before, and it bears repeating: I see no reason why Zu can't develop into an All-Star and maybe even a DPOY contender. He has the intangibles, he has the work ethic, he gets better every season. All that's missing is a coach who actually trusts and believes in him. Doc treats Zu like VDN treated DJ. If this team finally grows a pair and makes a coaching change, Zu's stats will be way up next season and even casual fans will start to notice how good he is.
Captain Ballmer
Pro Prospect
And1: 727

Post#28 » by Captain Ballmer » Mon Sep 21, 2020 3:09 pm

James2000 wrote:Here is the question... I understood that zubac is developing but let's look at this.... Game 5 and Game 6 he played at least 30 minutes each game and scored a total points of 7 combined in two games. I understand completely if this was the regular season but this is where money is supposed to be made.

I am not advocating trading him and more so, Harrell needs to be traded. However, this offseason he needs to be in the camp with the dream or some of the other games great big man.

Zubac's offensive contrubitions wasn't the problem. The answer for your question is laying on the Twin İncident.

Markieff was the trash brother, never succeed to became a part of any team throughout his carrier, just cut by Detroit sometime in the season which also just traded Drummond away and playing without Griffin for injury. Guy was utterly trash that Thon Maker absorbed his minutes, than I guess Lakers made a move and get him. Now he's playing like a real deal.

Marcus was the real deal comparing to his brother early in their carriers, made himself a name in Detroit, signed with a playoff team Boston and became their starter, moreso even defended LBJ better than expected when they played against Cavs in 2018 Playoffs. Wanted to cash in, made a move to NYK to showcase himself&talents. He did show his offensive upside even tough the team was trash, happened to be traded by us costing a 1st round draft pick. Then Bubble happened, Marcus wasn't the real deal. He become the punk with Doncic&Millsap incidents. His performance significantly dropped in the last months.

So do you think this twins just replace with each other on the bubble? because that looks like the only logical explanation if you don't look at the details. Or real coaching and leadership&authority(happened to have By Lakers) makes many drastic changes on a very short time? I'll leave the answer for you and recommend not to judge Zubac quickly with his shortcomings.
2023 Clippers W/L Count (51-31)
(Russ at bench 42-15)
without PG13 3-3
Without Kawhi 7-4
Without Russ 6-6
MartinToVaught
RealGM

Post#29 » by MartinToVaught » Mon Sep 21, 2020 3:46 pm

On a side note, Trez mocked the Falcons for blowing that huge lead yesterday on Twitter. Apparently he's already forgotten the 3-1 lead that he and Doc just blew. :roll:
James2000
Sophomore

Post#30 » by James2000 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:40 pm

DieHardFan wrote:
James2000 wrote:Here is the question... I understood that zubac is developing but let's look at this.... Game 5 and Game 6 he played at least 30 minutes each game and scored a total points of 7 combined in two games. I understand completely if this was the regular season but this is where money is supposed to be made.

Zubac's offensive contrubitions wasn't the problem. The answer for your question is laying on the Twin İncident.

Markieff was the trash brother, never succeed to became a part of any team throughout his carrier, just cut by Detroit sometime in the season which also just traded Drummond away and playing without Griffin for injury. Guy was utterly trash that Thon Maker absorbed his minutes, than I guess Lakers made a move and get him. Now he's playing like a real deal.

Marcus was the real deal comparing to his brother early in their carriers, made himself a name in Detroit, signed with a playoff team Boston and became their starter, moreso even defended LBJ better than expected when they played against Cavs in 2018 Playoffs. Wanted to cash in, made a move to NYK to showcase himself&talents. He did show his offensive upside even tough the team was trash, happened to be traded by us costing a 1st round draft pick. Then Bubble happened, Marcus wasn't the real deal. He become the punk with Doncic&Millsap incidents. His performance significantly dropped in the last months.

So do you think this twins just replace with each other on the bubble? because that looks like the only logical explanation if you don't look at the details. Or real coaching and leadership&authority(happened to have By Lakers) makes many drastic changes on a very short time? I'll leave the answer for you and recommend not to judge Zubac quickly with his shortcomings.

I understand completely that you see potential in Zubac. I think that eventually he would get there. However, if he stayed, he needs to get training heavily in the offseasons. I would say with some big man expert.
James2000
Sophomore

Post#31 » by James2000 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:46 pm

MartinToVaught wrote:On a side note, Trez mocked the Falcons for blowing that huge lead yesterday on Twitter. Apparently he's already forgotten the 3-1 lead that he and Doc just blew. :roll:

This is the reason why I am disappointed with the team and him. There is no remorse. They don't care about getting a championship. Care about money... they don't have the passion of a champion. I understand completely about Kawhi not caring because of the teammates
clipperlover
Rookie
And1: 997

Post#32 » by clipperlover » Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:22 pm

MartinToVaught wrote:On a side note, Trez mocked the Falcons for blowing that huge lead yesterday on Twitter. Apparently he's already forgotten the 3-1 lead that he and Doc just blew. :roll:

I think he is giving a tell on where he is going next year. Hawks have more cap space than anyone. He could sign there outright. He may not be willing to work a sign and trade.
TheNewEra
RealGM
And1: 10,409

Post#33 » by TheNewEra » Mon Sep 21, 2020 7:00 pm

clipperlover wrote:

I think he is giving a tell on where he is going next year. Hawks have more cap space than anyone. He could sign there outright. He may not be willing to work a sign and trade.

Still likely to be Toronto imo but as long as it’s not here
Roscoe Sheed
RealGM
And1: 4,407

Post#34 » by Roscoe Sheed » Tue Sep 22, 2020 4:31 am

TheNewEra wrote:
clipperlover wrote:

Still likely to be Toronto imo but as long as it’s not here

knowing the Clippers luck, if they suddenly made a breakthrough and got to the finals- the Raptors would be there waiting for them and Harrell would average 25 points a game and shatter their dreams! It seems like guys always remember it when the Clippers slight them- Ingles and MPJ are two examples of guys that seem to want to prove a point whenever they play them
MartinToVaught
RealGM

Post#35 » by MartinToVaught » Tue Sep 22, 2020 2:00 pm

Trez wouldn't even see the court outside of garbage time for the Raptors. He doesn't play defense, so Nurse wouldn't play him at all.
NoZoLakers
General Manager
And1: 3,358

Post#36 » by NoZoLakers » Sat Sep 26, 2020 7:53 pm

MartinToVaught wrote:

This. I've said this before, and it bears repeating: I see no reason why Zu can't develop into an All-Star and maybe even a DPOY contender. He has the intangibles, he has the work ethic, he gets better every season. All that's missing is a coach who actually trusts and believes in him. Doc treats Zu like VDN treated DJ. If this team finally grows a pair and makes a coaching change, Zu's stats will be way up next season and even casual fans will start to notice how good he is.

i never saw this type of potential, hes very efficient cause he lets others do for him, if you guys try to feature him in the post your team is going to suffer imo, on D he is very good shot blocker but he is slow n u athletic, hes exact type of C teams will look to attack on PnR switches
Roscoe Sheed
RealGM
And1: 4,407

Post#37 » by Roscoe Sheed » Sat Sep 26, 2020 8:59 pm

MartinToVaught wrote:Trez wouldn't even see the court outside of garbage time for the Raptors. He doesn't play defense, so Nurse wouldn't play him at all.

I get that, but Toronto would somehow turn him into a serviceable defender
TheNewEra
RealGM
And1: 10,409

Post#38 » by TheNewEra » Sun Sep 27, 2020 2:02 am

Look at how McGee situation in order for them to win. McGee was on a championship team and he still got bench for the better of the team. Doc is so trash for how he handled the Harrell situation and he won’t even be on the team next year so what’s the point
TrueLAfan
Senior Mod - Clippers
Senior Mod - Clippers
And1: 1,426

Post#39 » by TrueLAfan » Sun Sep 27, 2020 3:38 pm

Look … guys … I don’t want to be a jerk about this, but we thought Harrell was fabulous two months ago. Two. Months. Ago. His play didn’t have any dropoff during the regular season. He was 6MOY. All this talk about how he’s “gone”—slow down. Stop and think. Is Trezz limited as a player? Yes. Is he, when playing well, extremely valuable? Again, yes. Has he had injury issues? No. Is he old or past his prime? No.

Is that really someone we want to give up on that fast?

I hated Trezz’s bubble play—but I also think it might make it easier to resign him or sign-and-trade him. The cut in revenue is going to hurt FA salaries this year. Trezz could end up being quite the bargain. Keeping Montrezl Harrell for $10-12 million a year would be a smart move, IMO. Trading him for someone valuable with that 10-12 million would/could also be a smart move, IMO. Just wanted to point that out.
MartinToVaught
RealGM

Post#40 » by MartinToVaught » Sun Sep 27, 2020 3:44 pm

TrueLAfan wrote:Look … guys … I don’t want to be a jerk about this, but we thought Harrell was fabulous two months ago. Two. Months. Ago.

That's not true. People were already furious about Trez playing more than Zu in the regular season. Some of us were saying he needed to be traded at the deadline and that relying on him in the playoffs would be a disaster.

His stats in the regular season looked good, but at the end of the day, he's an undersized center who can't defend or rebound. Everything about his game is regular season only.

Return to Los Angeles Clippers