Atlanta Hawks Official Trade Ideas Thread Part 3

Moderators: dms269, Jamaaliver, HMFFL

Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,468

Re: Atlanta Hawks Official Trade Ideas Thread Part 3 

Post#501 » by Jamaaliver » Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:03 pm

jayu70 wrote:Lots of rumors flying around regarding the draft...buying or selling

Atlanta Hawks: Buying

According to ESPN's Tim Bontemps, the Hawks are among the teams most expect will be active in trade talks with their pick.
The Hawks will presumably try to acquire a veteran or an immediate contributor like Spencer Dinwiddie or Buddy Hield, players who may be available.

I do like the addition of either of these guys. Dinwiddie's all around game and manageable contract make him the more attractive option.

Plus, he's a really thoughtful dude...

jayu70
RealGM
And1: 11,913

Post#502 » by jayu70 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 7:46 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:
jayu70 wrote:Lots of rumors flying around regarding the draft...buying or selling

Atlanta Hawks: Buying

According to ESPN's Tim Bontemps, the Hawks are among the teams most expect will be active in trade talks with their pick.
The Hawks will presumably try to acquire a veteran or an immediate contributor like Spencer Dinwiddie or Buddy Hield, players who may be available.

I do like the addition of either of these guys. Dinwiddie's all around game and manageable contract make him the more attractive option.

Plus, he's a really thoughtful dude...

I'd offer the OKC 2022 1st. His ability to opt out after next season and become a FA limits what we should offer.
Darthlukey
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 3,124

Post#503 » by Darthlukey » Tue Sep 22, 2020 12:15 am

Jamaaliver wrote:
HMFFL wrote:B/R suggests a Warriors-Hawks trade centered on John Collins

The trade package Zach Buckley of Bleacher Report suggested involved the Warriors receiving John Collins and Kevin Huerter from the Hawks in exchange for the No. 2 pick, Kevon Looney, and Jordan Poole.

https://www.nbaanalysis.net/2020/09/17/nba-trade-rumors-b-r-suggests-warriors-hawks-trade-for-john-collins/

:sour: :sour: :sour: :sour: :sour: :sour:

Gross. That's a trade you make only if
A) You absolutely love the top player available at #2.
B) You have absolutely no intention of paying Collins long term.

I have my concerns about Collins' long term value at PF, but I'd rather keep him and Huerter than trading for another teenaged prospect.

That trade is a win hands down for GSW. Huerter being included is the straw that breaks the camel's back IMO
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#504 » by Jamaaliver » Tue Sep 22, 2020 3:29 pm

Landing Spots for NBA's Top Trade Targets

Jrue Holiday: Atlanta Hawks

Jrue Holiday's future with the New Orleans Pelicans is difficult to read.

During an appearance on Complex's Load Management podcast (h/t Lonzo Wire's Jacob Rude), The Athletic's Shams Charania said the 30-year-old asked the team not to move him at February's trade deadline. He has yet to express any public sentiments to the contrary, and New Orleans, despite its inexperience at the top of the roster, remains well positioned to make immediate noise in the Western Conference.

Then again, the Pelicans' stint in the Disney World bubble could be interpreted as a cry for tempered expectations. They so clearly didn't have the defensive consistency or offensive firepower to navigate bogged-down stretches. It makes sense to shop an over-30 star at the peak of his powers who is one year out from free agency (player option) if they're not hellbent on chasing a postseason bid next season.

Suitors will come out in droves if Holiday becomes available, and the Atlanta Hawks should be among them.

Their roster is begging for someone who can get Trae Young moving off the ball—or just off the ball in general. Holiday checks that box. And Young, for his part, would do wonders for him. Holiday is a smidgen overburdened as a primary offensive engine. He doesn't have the luxury of a consistent hierarchical spot in New Orleans. Lonzo Ball doesn't look for his own shot nearly enough off the dribble, and the Pelicans haven't entirely handed the keys over to Brandon Ingram, at least not yet.

Holiday is an even tidier fit on the Hawks at the defensive end. They're not saddled with solely covering up for Young. They need a mainstay who can go punch for punch with the opposing team's No. 1 option almost every night. Holiday more than qualifies.

That he can juggle such Herculean assignments and still churn out something like 20 points and seven assists per game is mind-melting. Ben Simmons was the only player this past season who spent more time guarding No. 1 options and registering as his own squad's No. 1, according to BBall Index's Krishna Narsu.

If the Pelicans are open to talking shop, the Hawks are trade-partner nirvana. They could carve out more than $40 million in cap space depending on how they handle incumbent free agents; own the No. 6 pick in this year's draft; have young wing prospects to spare with Kevin Huerter, De'Andre Hunter and Cam Reddish; can dangle John Collins; and aren't yet good enough that their future first-rounders want for "Imagine where they could land!" mystique.

Atlanta also has some nice salary-filler deals should New Orleans be in the market for a big. Clint Capela—who, just so we're clear, is more than salary filler—is a non-fit with Zion Williamson, but Dewayne Dedmon could (maybe) provide some stretch at the 5 position if the Pelicans don't prioritize cap savings. Regardless, any proposal with the Hawks should begin with the No. 6 pick, Huerter or Reddish and then be fleshed out as needed from there.
Bleacher Report
GQ Hot Dog
General Manager
And1: 5,016

Post#505 » by GQ Hot Dog » Tue Sep 22, 2020 5:05 pm

100proof wrote:Would hawks trade huerter and 6 for hayward?
I would like to say collins and 6 for hayward but i assume you value him pretty high?

Despite the derision you received for suggesting your trade, I think you would be crazy to trade Hayward. His BBIQ is way higher than anyone else on your team and he facilitates your offense in ways you don't get from anyone else. You need him to win when playing the best teams.

IMO, Hayward will opt out of his final year and you should re-sign him to another max deal and go all in to try to dominate the EC for the next 4-5 years and beyond.
The hottest of takes...
Jester_ wrote:Hot take: Moses Moody shows the potential to be a star/#2 option ala Lauri Markkanen. Both the eye test and the advanced stats show a player with extremely high slope.
100proof
Starter
And1: 1,117

Post#506 » by 100proof » Tue Sep 22, 2020 5:09 pm

GQ Hot Dog wrote:
I would like to say collins and 6 for hayward but i assume you value him pretty high?

Despite the derision you received for suggesting your trade, I think you would be crazy to trade Hayward. His BBIQ is way higher than anyone else on your team and he facilitates your offense in ways you don't get from anyone else. You need him to win when playing the best teams.

IMO, Hayward will opt out of his final year and you should re-sign him to another max deal and go all in to try to dominate the EC for the next 4-5 years and beyond.

I dont think he will opt out of the final year. If he did and was signed to a deal like Jaylen Browns there would be no discussion on it at all. Hayward stays.

But financial optics might force a deal.
kg01
General Manager
And1: 12,629

Post#507 » by kg01 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 5:25 pm

GQ Hot Dog wrote:

But you highlight the main reason for the derision in your response. He can opt out pretty much right away thus, if a team wants him, they'd be better off pursuing him in free agency. Otherwise you're the Knicks decimating your assets to acquire Carmelo all over again.
king01 :king:
shakes0
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,954

Post#508 » by shakes0 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 5:26 pm

GQ Hot Dog wrote:

Despite the derision you received for suggesting your trade, I think you would be crazy to trade Hayward. His BBIQ is way higher than anyone else on your team and.

I'll take Marcus Smart's BBIQ over Hayward's every day and twice on Sunday.
100proof
Starter
And1: 1,117

Post#509 » by 100proof » Tue Sep 22, 2020 5:30 pm

kg01 wrote:
GQ Hot Dog wrote:

But you highlight the main reason for the derision in your response. He can opt out pretty much right away thus, if a team wants him, they'd be better off pursuing him in free agency. Otherwise you're the Knicks decimating your assets to acquire Carmelo all over again.

Not really.

Knicks for one overpaid at the time.

But if Hayward opts in and is traded, having to move his very young family, he will not be so keen to do it immediately again. Whoever he gets traded to by far has the best option to keep him. They can offer him more money than anyone else, they will have had him sold on the team and the direction of the team for an entire season, and he will just not want to pack up and move a family.

Remember his children will be, in a years time

That's alot to deal with. Move your family and find daycare, preschools, doctors, be away from new friends and families etc. And then have Dad go away for half of the year.
kg01
General Manager
And1: 12,629

Post#510 » by kg01 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 5:38 pm

100proof wrote:
kg01 wrote:
GQ Hot Dog wrote:

Not really.

Knicks for one overpaid at the time.

But if Hayward opts in and is traded, having to move his very young family, he will not be so keen to do it immediately again. Whoever he gets traded to by far has the best option to keep him. They can offer him more money than anyone else, they will have had him sold on the team and the direction of the team for an entire season, and he will just not want to pack up and move a family.

Remember his children will be, in a years time

That's alot to deal with. Move your family and find daycare, preschools, doctors, be away from new friends and families etc. And then have Dad go away for half of the year.

So then he wouldn't move his family until he settles on wherever he expects to sign with. I don't understand why it seems so far-fetched that this trade is an overpay ... due, in part, to his contract status.
king01 :king:
VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 3,978

Post#511 » by VCfor3 » Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:49 am

Darthlukey wrote:
Jamaaliver wrote:
HMFFL wrote:B/R suggests a Warriors-Hawks trade centered on John Collins

The trade package Zach Buckley of Bleacher Report suggested involved the Warriors receiving John Collins and Kevin Huerter from the Hawks in exchange for the No. 2 pick, Kevon Looney, and Jordan Poole.

https://www.nbaanalysis.net/2020/09/17/nba-trade-rumors-b-r-suggests-warriors-hawks-trade-for-john-collins/

I have my concerns about Collins' long term value at PF, but I'd rather keep him and Huerter than trading for another teenaged prospect.

That trade is a win hands down for GSW. Huerter being included is the straw that breaks the camel's back IMO

Huerter is definitely too much to add even if Jamaaliver's A and B criteria are satisfied. But if it is #2 for Collins I wonder if GSW are hesitant due to having to pay Collins here soon a likely max deal. I think a young team like Memphis would offer a max contract to Collins and dare whoever to match. With their financial situation I don't know if Collins is worth a max plus crazy tax bill to them.

Maybe they offer #2, MIN 1st, Paschall, Wiggins for Collins+Huerter but I don't know how much I like that trade.

Also I definitely wouldn't move #6 for Hield. I'd do a protected future pick or something instead.
jayu70
RealGM

Post#512 » by jayu70 » Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:40 pm

VCfor3 wrote:
Darthlukey wrote:
Jamaaliver wrote:

Huerter is definitely too much to add even if Jamaaliver's A and B criteria are satisfied. But if it is #2 for Collins I wonder if GSW are hesitant due to having to pay Collins here soon a likely max deal. I think a young team like Memphis would offer a max contract to Collins and dare whoever to match. With their financial situation I don't know if Collins is worth a max plus crazy tax bill to them.

Maybe they offer #2, MIN 1st, Paschall, Wiggins for Collins+Huerter but I don't know how much I like that trade.

Also I definitely wouldn't move #6 for Hield. I'd do a protected future pick or something instead.

I like this even less, just no to Wiggins. Rather just pay Collins.
I'd only offer the OKC 2022 1st (lottery protected, then 2 2nds) for Hield.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#513 » by Jamaaliver » Wed Sep 23, 2020 2:15 pm

VCfor3 wrote:...if it is #2 for Collins I wonder if GSW are hesitant due to having to pay Collins here soon a likely max deal. I think a young team like Memphis would offer a max contract to Collins and dare whoever to match. With their financial situation I don't know if Collins is worth a max plus crazy tax bill to them.

Hey VC, How goes it over on the Grizz board?

I must say, a frontcourt pairing of Collins and JJJ does seem like a perfect match.

If you guys want to send us JJJ, we could make it worth your while. :wink:
VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 3,978

Post#514 » by VCfor3 » Wed Sep 23, 2020 2:33 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:
VCfor3 wrote:...if it is #2 for Collins I wonder if GSW are hesitant due to having to pay Collins here soon a likely max deal. I think a young team like Memphis would offer a max contract to Collins and dare whoever to match. With their financial situation I don't know if Collins is worth a max plus crazy tax bill to them.

Hey VC, How goes it over on the Grizz board?

I must say, a frontcourt pairing of Collins and JJJ does seem like a perfect match.

If you guys want to send us JJJ, we could make it worth your while. :wink:

Lol maybe wait until it is extension time and see if there is a potential debate on whether or not he is worth the max. There definitely will be media rumblings just like with Collins till an extension is done and official.

But could you imagine the spacing a team with a front court of Collins and JJJ would have? Add Trae stretching the opposing defense to the logo...
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#515 » by Jamaaliver » Wed Sep 23, 2020 4:27 pm

I'm conflicted on this. I love Huerter, but Hield is undoubtedly a better option -- though massively more expensive. And adding Saddiq Bey (or Jalen Smith) could be a solid haul for the late lottery. I'm just not sure if it's worth giving up #6 and Huerter…

Sacramento Kings receive: No. 6, No. 50, Kevin Huerter
Atlanta Hawks receive: No. 12, Buddy Hield

The Sacramento Kings may shop Hield to improve their draft position and chances at re-signing Bogdan Bogdanovic. Atlanta could show interest with its need for another scorer and shooter to play off Trae Young.

12. Atlanta Hawks (via Kings): Saddiq Bey (Villanova, SF/PF, Sophomore)

The Hawks move back from No. 6 to No. 12 after acquiring Hield. They could still add a useful rotation piece here in Bey, who'd give them a needed frontcourt spacer and shooter. Between De'Andre Hunter, Cam Reddish and now Bey, Atlanta would have a trio of interchangeable wings/forwards.
Bleacher Report
jayu70
RealGM

Post#516 » by jayu70 » Wed Sep 23, 2020 4:38 pm

Read on Twitter

No. 8 — Atlanta Hawks (via New York Knicks): Devin Vassell, W, Florida State
The Hawks moved back two spots and added the 38th pick, while taking a flier on Dennis Smith Jr. Smith regressed considerably this past season with the Knicks but he’s only due $5.7 million this upcoming year and will be a free agent in 2021. If it doesn’t work out, he could be the third point guard on the roster and they would still sign someone else in free agency. Atlanta did try acquiring Frank Ntilikina from the Knicks (hypothetically), but they wouldn’t budge on picks No. 6 and No. 50 for No. 8 and Ntilikina.

With the eighth pick, the Hawks grab one of the best team defenders in the draft. The Hawks need all the defensive help they can get. Pairing Vassell with De’Andre Hunter and Cam Reddish has the potential to be devastating defensively while allowing Trae Young and John Collins to continue thriving offensively.

Vassell also would add some 3-point shooting that the Hawks need after being the worst 3-point shooting team in the league this season. He shot 41 percent from 3 this year for the Seminoles.

He doesn’t project as the flashiest player but he fills a lot of roles the Hawks need filled.

Also, now that the Hawks have picks 38 and 50 in this hypothetical draft, they would likely sell No. 50. — Chris Kirschner

I'd do the trade for Ntilikina, not for DSJ.

If they insist on DSJ, they have to give us #27 instead of #38.
jayu70
RealGM

Post#517 » by jayu70 » Wed Sep 23, 2020 4:43 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:I'm conflicted on this. I love Huerter, but Hield is undoubtedly a better option -- though massively more expensive. And adding Saddiq Bey (or Jalen Smith) could be a solid haul for the late lottery. I'm just not sure if it's worth giving up #6 and Huerter…

Sacramento Kings receive: No. 6, No. 50, Kevin Huerter
Atlanta Hawks receive: No. 12, Buddy Hield

The Sacramento Kings may shop Hield to improve their draft position and chances at re-signing Bogdan Bogdanovic. Atlanta could show interest with its need for another scorer and shooter to play off Trae Young.

12. Atlanta Hawks (via Kings): Saddiq Bey (Villanova, SF/PF, Sophomore)

The Hawks move back from No. 6 to No. 12 after acquiring Hield. They could still add a useful rotation piece here in Bey, who'd give them a needed frontcourt spacer and shooter. Between De'Andre Hunter, Cam Reddish and now Bey, Atlanta would have a trio of interchangeable wings/forwards.
Bleacher Report

Agreed regarding 6 and Huerter, there is a cost to relieving the Kings of salary to sign Bogi. Especially when you consider the cap implications next offseason. Switch out Huerter with the OKC 2022 1st and call it a deal, then we have Buddy, Huerter, Reddish, Hunter on the wings. Then we can get a big at #12 (Jalen Smith).
jayu70
RealGM

Post#518 » by jayu70 » Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:15 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=20

Embiid might be on the move.
Spud2nique
General Manager
And1: 5,135

Post#519 » by Spud2nique » Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:56 pm

Trade Ideas: Patty Mills and Rudy Gay into capspace.

Why for the Hawks? fills the PG and big wing/PF spot, still leaves flexibility for next offseason. Hawks still have $16 million to fill in the roster. Why for Spur - clears salary (if that's their route).

PG - Trae, Mills, Goodwin

SG - Huerter, Reddish

SF - Hunter, Gay, (#6)

PF - Collins, Skal,

C- Capela, Dedmon, Bruno

Pick #6 - have your choice and rework the position

Thoughts?
tbhawksfan1
Analyst
And1: 2,025

Post#520 » by tbhawksfan1 » Fri Sep 25, 2020 6:09 pm

Spud2nique wrote:Trade Ideas: Patty Mills and Rudy Gay into capspace.

Why for the Hawks? fills the PG and big wing/PF spot, still leaves flexibility for next offseason. Hawks still have $16 million to fill in the roster. Why for Spur - clears salary (if that's their route).

PG - Trae, Mills, Goodwin

SG - Huerter, Reddish

SF - Hunter, Gay, (#6)

PF - Collins, Skal,

C- Capela, Dedmon, Bruno

Pick #6 - have your choice and rework the position

Thoughts?

Looks good to me. Two solid, expiring, rotation vets for only cap.... Yeah all day.

Return to Atlanta Hawks